The Golf Thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    First day of physical therapy for the neck and shoulder.  Still plan to golf in South Carolina on my trip next week.  May have to leave the driver in the bag.  Will take it easy and just enjoy being out there.  Hit a lot of short irons.  
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    First day of physical therapy for the neck and shoulder.  Still plan to golf in South Carolina on my trip next week.  May have to leave the driver in the bag.  Will take it easy and just enjoy being out there.  Hit a lot of short irons.  
    Play with a 7 iron only. You’d be surprised at how well you can play with that one club. 
    bbiggs said:
    Play with a 7 iron only. You’d be surprised at how well you can play with that one club. 
    That sounds like a fun idea to experiment with.  

I have an excuse now to pick it out of the sand and heavy rough!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:
    ^ No moral high ground here; however, when we’re talking about one of the greatest records in modern sport, I’m in the camp that an asterisk must be put next to Bonds’ name.  You’re in the other camp, which is all good. No one is right or wrong here. And I stand by my belief that without juice he doesn’t break the record. 
    Steroids or not, he's a garbage person and it's quite humorous to see his biggest fan here rip Tiger all the time over his character. 

meet me in the baseball thread and tell me why Bonds is a “garbage person.” I’ll spot you steroids and churlishness with the media (which is really not something you should care about). go ahead, lay out all his garbageness.
    Why don’t you tell us why Tiger is a garbage person first?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Got my new irons today. Teitlist 718 AP1's. Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow after work. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:
    ^ No moral high ground here; however, when we’re talking about one of the greatest records in modern sport, I’m in the camp that an asterisk must be put next to Bonds’ name.  You’re in the other camp, which is all good. No one is right or wrong here. And I stand by my belief that without juice he doesn’t break the record. 
    Steroids or not, he's a garbage person and it's quite humorous to see his biggest fan here rip Tiger all the time over his character. 

meet me in the baseball thread and tell me why Bonds is a “garbage person.” I’ll spot you steroids and churlishness with the media (which is really not something you should care about). go ahead, lay out all his garbageness.

serial philanderer, complete stiff as a tipper (ask my vegas friends), 100% phony....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

serial philanderer, complete stiff as a tipper (ask my vegas friends), 100% phony....
    Obstruction of justice conviction, domestic abuse allegations, confirmed steroid use...I mean Tigers no angel either, but c’mon. 
    bbiggs said:
    That sounds like a fun idea to experiment with.  

I have an excuse now to pick it out of the sand and heavy rough!
    I actually did it once. Played an entire round with nothing but a 7 iron. It was a lot of fun and brings out the creative side of the game for sure. Surprisingly, played pretty well too. 
    bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

Obstruction of justice conviction, domestic abuse allegations, confirmed steroid use...I mean Tigers no angel either, but c’mon. 

overturned, “allegations”, and tiger’s dealings with dr. gallea could raise some suspicions too.

and, steroid use is not “confirmed” but i’ll accept it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited April 2019
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

Dude that is some weak shit right here. 

Bonds has been divorced more times than Tiger. Only difference was Tiger's stuff was played out in the media. So one guy gets a pass because he was able to keep his personal life out of the public eye? I just can't believe the fact that someone cheated on his wife makes you this upset. Half of all marriages end in divorce....

And tipping? This is it? I was expecting a lot more cynical reasons for all your festering hatred towards the guy all these years. Poor tipping and cheating on his wife is all there is though. So, basically, you hate most people on this planet.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

Bonds has been divorced more times than Tiger. Only difference was Tiger's stuff was played out in the media. So one guy gets a pass because he was able to keep his personal life out of the public eye? I just can't believe the fact that someone cheated on his wife makes you this upset. Half of all marriages end in divorce....

And tipping? This is it? I was expecting a lot more cynical reasons for all your festering hatred towards the guy all these years. Poor tipping and cheating on his wife is all there is though. So, basically, you hate most people on this planet.
    Poor tipping (Wobbie MUST have an ugly hatred for Kuchar) according to his friends in Vegas.

What were the Bill's? What were the tips? Do you find it possible that your Vegas friend(s) may have given poor service? Or are they simply hearing this from yet, another source? Is it possible your Vegas friends (or their sources) also have unfair expectations?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

Poor tipping (Wobbie MUST have an ugly hatred for Kuchar) according to his friends in Vegas.

What were the Bill's? What were the tips? Do you find it possible that your Vegas friend(s) may have given poor service? Or are they simply hearing this from yet, another source? Is it possible your Vegas friends (or their sources) also have unfair expectations?
    I thought it was common knowledge that Tiger is pretty cheap.  Those stories of him training with Navy Seals and not picking up bar tabs for guys who don't make much money are pretty brutal.  Don't know if it makes him a garbage person but not a good look.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Aren’t pretty much all professional athletes garbage people to some extent? 
    Tiger taking another week off.  He'll be ready for the PGA.  After his play in the last three majors I can't see him finishing outside of the top 5.
    Got the new M6 D Type driver the other day. Just got back from the range and the slice has been minimalized

Also if Rory wins the PGA, I get my money back. So there’s that!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^ that’s not a bad bet right there! 
    These new club posts are exciting.  I think it will be time for a new driver soon.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    It's cool that they're mixing things up with this team play event in New Orleans but man does that course look like shit.  Maybe it just doesn't come across well on TV but this looks like a municipal course.  And there's no one there!  Galleries have been tiny...I guess not much of a golf scene in NO??
    Some of the greens look burned out. 
    These new club posts are exciting.  I think it will be time for a new driver soon.
    Well that didn't take too long.  2 hours after this post I bought a new M4 driver.  Figured I would split the difference of paying for a new M6 or getting for free if Rory won the PGA.  Never even hit it but just wanted to make a golf purchase.
    Well that didn't take too long.  2 hours after this post I bought a new M4 driver.  Figured I would split the difference of paying for a new M6 or getting for free if Rory won the PGA.  Never even hit it but just wanted to make a golf purchase.
    Let me know how it hits. I've been looking at possibly getting the M4

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited May 2019
    SiriusXM played the infamous April 30th, 2003 show in Uniondale, NY today.  That obnoxious/annoying “USA! USA!” chant after Bu$hleaguer is the same BS chant I hear from drunk blowhard golf fans at Ryder Cups and other golf tournaments. I hadn’t noticed this before, it just hit me.
    Those golf fans are as lame as the bozos booing the band and chanting “USA! USA!” at this concert. Just my opinion... and I cheer for Europe in the Ryder Cup just because of that stupid chant (truth). 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on

Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

my vegas bellman friends brought hookers to eldrick’s room....you’re supposed to tip for that....but eldrick didn’t. 

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

my vegas bellman friends brought hookers to eldrick’s room....you’re supposed to tip for that....but eldrick didn’t. 
    Haha this post is awesome! 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

No chance that happened.
    He would have been busted long before Elin found his phone if he was doing that.
    Handicap revision day.  I've went from a 9.1 to an 11.1 in the last couple months.  I've lost that loving feeling on the tee box but Ive been hitting my irons and putts well.  Need to get a couple good range sessions in. 

bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    bbiggs said:

Haha this post is awesome! 
    Even if true....horrible reason to have so much hatred to the guy all these years.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited May 2019
    JojoRice said:
    Let me know how it hits. I've been looking at possibly getting the M4
    I am a 17 handicap so i am always trying to change my swing and end up hitting all over the place.  That said,  what I have noticed with this driver is there isn’t as much spin.  I just hit it straight a lot more in all directions versus slicing or hooking.  I got some more distance with it.  

I like it.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    Wish I could be playing golf. Flooding rain in Chicagoland all week. Weather has not been cooperating. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ^^^it's been rough going for me to get out this spring. Very very little good weather so far. And when we have had it, I have to either work or rush to try to get stuff done around the yard. Had a day in the upper 60's about 2 weeks ago...after a couple days of steady rain. Tried to squeeze in some time at the driving range, but they were soaked...and closed.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory