The Food Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    These are them before I close them up to bake ..
    hard boiled eggs, beef and olives? am I right?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    mcgruff10 said:
    Correct the beef is made with different spices onion and it was refrigerated overnight, I just had one they are really good I’m bringing a basket 🧺 to my parents today to enjoy with them on this cold Sunday...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    That looks incredible
    Empanadas go good with some Red vino too ..
    I want some!

did you make the dough too?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Paper plate! 
    Sunday breakfast—steamed up some broccoli and spinach. Added them to the sautéing onions and pepper ham. Used feta cheese and a little three cheese blend. Fucking delicious. Halo clementines are so good too. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    mcgruff10 said:
    Correct the beef is made with different spices onion and it was refrigerated overnight, I just had one they are really good I’m bringing a basket 🧺 to my parents today to enjoy with them on this cold Sunday...
    They look insane.  Nice work!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited February 2019
    And these folks got to know each other in the crock pot overnight. Can’t wait for dinner

chinese-happy.jpg
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    And these folks got to know each other in the crock pot overnight. Can’t wait for dinner

Oh man! I’d devour that entire crock!
    I want some!

Yeah did it last night ..

Damn that looks tasty !
    I want some!

Yeah did it last night ..
    Fucking right.  I want some of those now 
    I need a redo on chili. Did it a couple weeks ago and tried to make it bland enough the baby could have some and I didn’t have enough time to soak the beans so they were way too firm.  Failed pretty good. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

Nice. Crock pots are the greatest cooking devices ever. Mine has something in it at least 3 days a week.

Going to knock out “change your life chicken” this affernoon. Google the recipe. Stupidly easy to make and totally delicious.
    Did this today. Highly recommended. You have to almost cook the orzo like it’s risotto

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bonappetit.com/recipe/one-skillet-chicken-with-buttery-orzo/amp
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Nice empanadas José!

There's a place in Pittsburgh that does amazing Chilean empanadas, and now I'm gonna have to go get some lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    Nice empanadas José!

There's a place in Pittsburgh that does amazing Chilean empanadas, and now I'm gonna have to go get some lol
    What's the name?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    I'll have the check them out next time I'm up that way.  According to a comment on a recent Instagram post, they have a storefront in the works.
    rgambs said:
    I'll have the check them out next time I'm up that way.  According to a comment on a recent Instagram post, they have a storefront in the works.
    Nice there's a couple of Chliean spots here in NY i just don't have the time to get to them all the time but now that i know how to make the dough i'll be baking these more frequently , Thanks guys i have to admitt these were the best i've made ...All gone as of last night my Mom & dad enjoyed them too ...

with corn tortillas uhmm uhmm good and a good mexican Beer like El Pacifico you can't go wrong ...
    rgambs said:
    Nice empanadas José!

Nice to know i'll keep in mind you just never know if a future show might come into play in Pittsburgh ;)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Interesting - looks good! I admit I'm surprised you put hard boiled eggs in there. Would it not work to just crack a raw egg in each one instead? Or is there a leaking concern about doing that or something?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

with corn tortillas uhmm uhmm good and a good mexican Beer like El Pacifico you can't go wrong ...
    El
    Pacifico is good stuff. What is the name of the most popular Chilean beer?
    PJ_Soul said:
    Interesting - looks good! I admit I'm surprised you put hard boiled eggs in there. Would it not work to just crack a raw egg in each one instead? Or is there a leaking concern about doing that or something?
    Not sure really as long as I can remember Chileans have done them that way ..

mcgruff10 said:

El
    Pacifico is good stuff. What is the name of the most popular Chilean beer?
    Not sure these days I haven’t been back since 05 I’m planning on going back for my 60th bday in 2020 ...
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Anybody that has been to New Orleans have any food recs? Nothing fancy- looking to knock back oysters and sample Creole.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    eddiec said:
    Anybody that has been to New Orleans have any food recs? Nothing fancy- looking to knock back oysters and sample Creole.
    You are headed there?

Willie Mae's Scotch House (friend chicken)
    Galatoire's (soft shelled crab)
    Mother's (the Ferdi)
    Cooper's (chicken)
    Acme for Oyesters isnt bad but get uptown/off bourbon for some local flavors

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    eddiec said:
    You are headed there?

Willie Mae's Scotch House (friend chicken)
    Galatoire's (soft shelled crab)
    Mother's (the Ferdi)
    Cooper's (chicken)
    Acme for Oyesters isnt bad but get uptown/off bourbon for some local flavors

I think we have argued this before but give me Felix's over ACME all day.  Both are touristy, but Felix's has a much better and low key vibe to me. Get a spot at a bar, get some beers (many), get the char grilled gator, make friends with the shuckers and you'll have yourself a good time.  They'll just be shucking them and popping them on the bar in front of you.  If you made a good friend, you will be very pleasantly surprised with your bill.
    Also, there is a great crawfish spot on Decatuer near Coop's.  I don't know the name, but you'll see them boiling the mud bugs near the window.  Nice and spicy seasoning.  Make a mess of yourself