The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    hedonist said:
    rgambs said:
    Do Nevada or California have public recreational dispensaries?
    We have dozens of them in my neck of the woods, but I believe some areas of California have nowhere near that, if at all.
    I thought he meant government (public) run stores? Do any states have those?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I looked it up and they have a dispensary in Reno that will take care of my vacation needs!  Woot!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    rgambs said:
    I looked it up and they have a dispensary in Reno that will take care of my vacation needs!  Woot!

Just out of curiosity, can you transport Cannabis across state lines?  For example, If I bought weed in Nevada can I travel to Cali or is that a no-no because it's still illegal federally.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    rgambs said:

Just out of curiosity, can you transport Cannabis across state lines?  For example, If I bought weed in Nevada can I travel to Cali or is that a no-no because it's still illegal federally.
    You read my mind lol
    I bet it's illegal.  Normally, I wouldn't think twice, but I read something about a checkpoint when you enter California on 395.
    I've never encountered a state line checkpoint so obviously I'm out of my element here Donny.
    No, it isn't legal to transport weed from state to state.
    But it will be legalized federally soon enough, unless the American people REALLY fuck things up.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    The answer is no.

Can You Legally Transport Cannabis Across State Lines?
    https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/can-you-transport-cannabis-between-two-legal-states

Despite federal risks, however, the reality may be a bit more reassuring. “In practice, the chances of feds or the DEA sitting at the border waiting to catch someone–that’s just not happening,” she points out. “It’s not practical or worth their time.”

Give Peas A Chance…
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Interestingly, you can bring it on airlines if you're flying within CA.  Say from SanFran to LA.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    CM189191 said:
    Interestingly, you can bring it on airlines if you're flying within CA.  Say from SanFran to LA.
    How do you pass through security, though? Even domestic security will include passengers going all over the country, to non-legal states. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    PJ_Soul said:
    But it will be legalized federally soon enough, unless the American people REALLY fuck things up.
    Poll after poll has indicated that the America people want it legalized.  Yet it remains illegal.   Big Pharma is never going to stop padding the pockets of politicians to keep it illegal.  Both Republicans and Democrats are guilty in denying people the right to spark up without the fear of prosecution.  If Obama did not have the balls to remove Cannabis as a controlled substance, the Americans might be waiting awhile.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    Poll after poll has indicated that the America people want it legalized.  Yet it remains illegal.   Big Pharma is never going to stop padding the pockets of politicians to keep it illegal.  Both Republicans and Democrats are guilty in denying people the right to spark up without the fear of prosecution.  If Obama did not have the balls to remove Cannabis as a controlled substance, the Americans might be waiting awhile.

Poll after poll shows that the American people don't want trump in office either, but there he is.

It isn't just pharmaceutical companies, it's fear of the conservative voter. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:

Poll after poll shows that the American people don't want trump in office either, but there he is.

There are plenty of republicans and especially libertarians that want to see it legalized.  I strongly feel big pharma is the main culprit.  They are definitely not the only major industry  that have a lot to lose if marijuana and hemp become mainstream, though.
    PJ_Soul said:

All any president has to is remove it as a controlled substance, at least that's my understanding.  Neither the republicans or the democrats at the federal level have acted on it.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:

There are plenty of republicans and especially libertarians that want to see it legalized.  I strongly feel big pharma is the main culprit.  They are definitely not the only major industry  that have a lot to lose if marijuana and hemp become mainstream, though.
    Big pharma is definitely the major lobbying group to keep it illegal.  And plenty of conservatives partake in enjoying Cannabis.  It will likely have to come from the state levels.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:

All any president has to is remove it as a controlled substance, at least that's my understanding.  Neither the republicans or the democrats at the federal level have acted on it.
    If a bit of tactic was used to stroke the ego of Trump, letting him know that he would be a “hero” for declassifying it, his narcissistic personality could not hold back.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:

If a bit of tactic was used to stroke the ego of Trump, letting him know that he would be a “hero” for declassifying it, his narcissistic personality could not hold back.
    LOL.  Maybe he will be the one to declassify it...likely not.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:

That would be hilarious!  
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:

That would be hilarious!  
    Come on Donald do it?  Be a maverick on this.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    CM189191 said:
    How do you pass through security, though? Even domestic security will include passengers going all over the country, to non-legal states. 
    If TSA finds it, they call the local police over.  Local police check departure and destination are inside CA, and quantity is legal. Then send you on your way 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    edited February 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:

No, the politicians who Americans keep voting in are the main culprit. It's not like big pharma has guns to all their heads. They are the ones choosing to bend over for the pharma companies, as well as the textile and agricultural players, from what I gather. Americans could start voting in politicians who don't bend over, but enough of them choose not to. However, I think eventually both the politicians and the voters will learn their lessons... They're both slow as fucking molasses, and almost always seem to take one step forward and two steps back, but now that other countries are finally learning their own lessons and going for it, I think the US will almost be forced into their own revelation on this one.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    I found a dispensary in Mammoth Lakes that is close enough to the east entrance of Yosemite to avoid trying to carry from Nevada to Cal.
    Good thing too, I was gonna make Brian drive over the High Sierra to deliver me some good vibes lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • My embarrassing country does this to kids with servre epilepsy also.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    My embarrassing country does this to kids with servre epilepsy also.
    Parents in Canada and the US claim Cannabis helps with epilepsy.  Charlottes Web is the strain that parents have had a lot of success in limiting seizures.  Denying Cannabis to a terminal patient just makes zero sense.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Exactly zero sence at all
     When my dad's gardener was in a hospice terminal with days to live he asked my dad to get him some weed . Now my dad is anti drugs as he would call it. But he did it. And the gardener said it made his last days a bit more bare able and was better than any medication. If you are terminal or even having seizures 20 times a day what possible reason can they have not to ethically help. Bastards
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • But you can munch 1000s of pounds worth of pharmaceuticals that do fuck all because it make money
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    My 1st try at making moon rocks didn’t have enough keef but still look forward to smoking some of it tomorrow letting it cure overnight as recommended..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    My 1st try at making moon rocks didn’t have enough keef but still look forward to smoking some of it tomorrow letting it cure overnight as recommended..
    Keep us informed.  I have decided to grow 2 outdoor plants.  I realize it will be trial and error and I'm sure I'll fuck up...but eventually, I'll get it right and same some $$$
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Keep us informed.  I have decided to grow 2 outdoor plants.  I realize it will be trial and error and I'm sure I'll fuck up...but eventually, I'll get it right and same some $$$
    Good luck hit me up with any issues but as you know everything is on the internet I was lucky to get good pointers from a 20 yr pro from Hawaii and so far everything has really worked out great ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Legal cannabis shortages could last years: expert

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/legal-cannabis-shortages-could-last-years-expert-1.4291075?fbclid=IwAR3KUh_SviiX-SETflTzBof9PmsTQsfMoQvhm-ikmzkJ1fQbk8A6mFUJUyY

Despite the shortages, Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction Bill Blair said he’s confident the plan is on track.

Bill Blair is an idiot.  The Black Market will thrive more than ever now.  I am glad it will, as long as the greedy government is in charge I will always root for the black market.
    Give Peas A Chance…