The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:

Physicians published detailed descriptions of an acute lung disorder in people who vape and described the trend as “worrisome” in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that no consistent e-cigarette products have been linked to the disorder, and that while some victims used marijuana-based products, some report using only nicotine products.

There are now 450 possible cases in 33 states and one territory, three deaths, and one death under investigation.
    This is a developing story. It will be updated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/national/wp/2019/09/06/lung-illness-tied-to-vaping-has-killed-a-third-person-and-may-be-a-new-worrisome-disease-health-officials-say/

Remember the old school vaporizers that you would load with flower? Some came with balloons, and the one that a friend of mine bought had a silly instructional DVD that parodied The Matrix.

The thing with those was that you needed to use about three times as much weed as you would if you just smoked it. They were nice, though. No cloud at all when you exhaled.
    Are you talking about the Pax?
    Not sure. This was back in the early aughts.

I can't remember what it was called. Go figure. :lol:

EDIT: I wonder if the people who say that they only used a nicotine-based vape cartridge are lying. Considering the young ages of many of those affected, I'm inclined to believe that they just said that it was nicotine out of fear of punishment. Under the same consideration, I'm also inclined to believe that they were all vaping THC-based cartridges.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Was it the Volcano? I haven't seen one of them for a while, but they were what vaporizers were before vape pens/cartridges came onto the scene. They'd typically vaporize flower rather than wax/oil.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    Was it the Volcano? I haven't seen one of them for a while, but they were what vaporizers were before vape pens/cartridges came onto the scene. They'd typically vaporize flower rather than wax/oil.

It was about that size, I think, but that wasn't the device. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811

I couldn't quite find the right picture, but this was the first portable vape I was exposed to.  It could handle herb or wax and it was basically smokeless.  Coincidentally, the first time I tried it was with this guy that came with us to PJ in Charlottesville in 2013.  He got it into the venue no problem and we had a helluva party in the 3rd row GA.  That still might be my favorite show in the last ten years.  Anyway, I was astounded that it was smokeless.  $300 unit thought, so not cheap at the time.  
  • Options
    Yeah, the vaporizer I'm talking about is an ancient artifact at this point. It was in no way portable.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Yeah, the vaporizer I'm talking about is an ancient artifact at this point. It was in no way portable.
    You mean like in high school?

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Gravity bong!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Gravity bong!!
    Talk about wasting your stuff... but boy were you demolished after one of those.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Gravity bong!!
    Talk about wasting your stuff... but boy were you demolished after one of those.  
    back in the early 90's, at a party, a friend of mine was doing the knife thing on stove elements with the half two litre. big guy. tough as nails. very experienced pot smoker. passed out standing up, luckily went down arm first. has a permanent coil scar on his forearm. could have been his face. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^Yikes!  I don't think I know the stove thing. 

More info from the CDC and the Post.  Some suspicion that these are online purchases..

About 84 percent of the patients told clinicians they used THC in e-cig devices. They reported using 14 different brands of THC products; the most common one was marketed under the “Dank Vape” label. That label is sold online and industry sources say marketers often fill an empty cartridge with potentially unsafe ingredients and sell to unsuspecting customers.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    That Dank Vape stuff seems to be a real problem. I read this last week in RollingStone Magazine:

Counterfeit Weed Vape Cartridges Are Everywhere — and They’re Making People Sick

And this article sends you down a rabbit hole in terms of the Dank Vape "brand". Crazy stuff:

Dank Vapes Is the "Biggest Conspiracy" in Pot That Can Put You in a Coma

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    LA County had its first supposed death from this.  The person had prior health issues; not sure how or if that played a factor.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Interesting video.  An entrepreneur making edibles safely and safe for consumers...No health Canada oversight on him.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=120&v=0sfFm5g69oQ
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I ordered an 800 mg edible flower.  The description was for heavy users.  Most reviews said to start with a pedal and that should get me nice and high and ready for some football.  Good times.  I hope Cannabis eventually is the preferred choice, as opposed to alcohol.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I ordered an 800 mg edible flower.  The description was for heavy users.  Most reviews said to start with a pedal and that should get me nice and high and ready for some football.  Good times.  I hope Cannabis eventually is the preferred choice, as opposed to alcohol.
    Confused by this. For someone that wants access to what he wants, why not just let people enjoy what they like? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Went to The Raconteurs last night , dozed my self with 10ml of tincture was high for 6 plus hrs lol for tonight’s show I’m only doing 5ml !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Confused by this. For someone that wants access to what he wants, why not just let people enjoy what they like? 
    It isn't confusing at all, cannabis is much safer and less destructive to society than alcohol, so hoping more people choose cannabis makes perfect sense.
    It's the same airtight logic as the hope (and even expectation) that access to cannabis will decrease opioid abuse.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    It isn't confusing at all, cannabis is much safer and less destructive to society than alcohol, so hoping more people choose cannabis makes perfect sense.
    It's the same airtight logic as the hope (and even expectation) that access to cannabis will decrease opioid abuse.
    You only have data on when alcohol is legal and cannabis isn’t. But whatever. I’ll just never understand people who want weed legal attacking alcohol. It’s fucking stupid.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    You only have data on when alcohol is legal and cannabis isn’t. But whatever. I’ll just never understand people who want weed legal attacking alcohol. It’s fucking stupid.
    I don’t attack Alcohol as a matter of fact I enjoy a martini on most weekends, I just say that it makes no sense to not have legalized ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    mrussel1 said:

I couldn't quite find the right picture, but this was the first portable vape I was exposed to.  It could handle herb or wax and it was basically smokeless.  Coincidentally, the first time I tried it was with this guy that came with us to PJ in Charlottesville in 2013.  He got it into the venue no problem and we had a helluva party in the 3rd row GA.  That still might be my favorite show in the last ten years.  Anyway, I was astounded that it was smokeless.  $300 unit thought, so not cheap at the time.  
    I know someone who just ordered one of these ... PAX 3.  The unit is $200.  I'm interested to see how it works.  I guess after using it the used stuff is still good to use for edibles too.  I wonder about the maintenance, but the health impacts alone seem to make sense.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    I think you are a bit defensive if you find such tepid criticism an attack on alcohol.
    Maybe the effect on society is up for debate, but science is unassailably clear on the fact that cannabis is safer than alcohol.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    I think you are a bit defensive if you find such tepid criticism an attack on alcohol.
    Maybe the effect on society is up for debate, but science is unassailably clear on the fact that cannabis is safer than alcohol.
    Nah I’ve just seen it a lot and find it super hypocritical. I want mine yours is soooo bad. Dumb take.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    I don’t attack Alcohol as a matter of fact I enjoy a martini on most weekends, I just say that it makes no sense to not have legalized ..
    I agree.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I cannot wait for these rec shops to open here in MI. I’m stocking up on gummies and tincture. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I’ve been using some THC lotion last couple days. I think it may be medicated as well because it has that flexall 454 kind of smell. It’s more of a Vaseline type texture than a thiner lotion. I rubbed some on my hips last night. Gave a little buzz and made my hips feel a little better. Just temporary relief, but it was nice. It’s also nice if you were to give your significant other a nice rub with it, catch a little buzz at same time.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:

I know someone who just ordered one of these ... PAX 3.  The unit is $200.  I'm interested to see how it works.  I guess after using it the used stuff is still good to use for edibles too.  I wonder about the maintenance, but the health impacts alone seem to make sense.
    Yeah the resin chamber was great.  The guy used to make cookies from it that would wallop you.  It was double usage.  This was all before we could just travel west and Stock up on edibles and carts.  It was a real revolution at the time. 
  • Options
    I am confused as well.  I never said to ban alcohol or not to consume.  People are free to put whatever they want in their body.  But Cannabis is far safer to consume.  People have been consuming cannabis for thousands of years, yet people do NOT die from Cannabis. You probably do not realize just how many people consume cannabis.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,581
    edited September 2019

These are my little beauties. They didn't grow very tall this year, but have filled out nicely. All 4 are Peppermint Kush
    Post edited by BLACK35 on
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    They are beautiful.  You're in Canada right? Where do you keep them in the cold months? Do you have to do hydro or something or have an incubator?
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,581
    mrussel1 said:
    They are beautiful.  You're in Canada right? Where do you keep them in the cold months? Do you have to do hydro or something or have an incubator?
    Yep in Ontario. Our season here is warm enough to grow them. No hydro or anything, just let them grow outside. They were clones and I have a buddy that starts them sometime in the Feb so they are ready for May, so I guess, yes they are started inside in the winter months.
    I have to grow them in pots cause I have virtually no grass in my backyard and the bit I do is in shade all day. Going to switch to garbage cans next year 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2