Options

The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    I had to stop cannabis for some time. it made me edgy, paranoid (in a bad way). I have no idea of the strains, as that wasn't a thing back then. you just got what you got from your dealer. But it almost always made me have a bad time. 

anyone who thinks cannabis is the cure-all for everyone in every situation is seriously misinformed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html

no concrete evidence indeed. 

I'm pro-cannabis, but come on, you have to have your head buried ostrich-deep in the sand to not believe it is harmful to your lungs. 
    Thanks for this. It’s pretty easy concept to understand. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Like I’ve said before my smoking days are very limited I might average about 1 or two hits a day if that , I’m more into baking and growing for the fun of it ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

I'm pro-cannabis, but come on, you have to have your head buried ostrich-deep in the sand to not believe it is harmful to your lungs. 
    My wife has severe asthma and living in the toilet that is the Fresno area with some of the worst air quality in the world made matters worse. She would be using her inhaler numerous times a day. Once she started using cannabis regularly. I don’t remember the last time she needed her inhaler and this has been years. She smokes flower and a vape pen(THC) not nicotine.

Do I believe cannabis is a cure all? No, but she also had a super shitty childhood (who didn’t) and it helps her immensely with anxiety and depression. She is high strung and it helps her with being able to relax. Something that prescription mental health drugs alone did nothing. I have seen first hand the way it has and continues to help her be a better person. All the same besides the asthma could be said for me too. 

We we are just indoctrinated in the good old USA, that cannabis is bad and wrong and makes you a shit head. I’ve seen it do way more good than bad in my life and I’ve been around it forever. Anything used incorrectly by a idiot will have bad consequences. But fuck them anyways. They are idiots. 

Its not for everyone. But I believe it’s better than 99% of the options out there. And life can be shitty. It’s nice to be able to escape your own head for a little while each night. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options

My wife has severe asthma and living in the toilet that is the Fresno area with some of the worst air quality in the world made matters worse. She would be using her inhaler numerous times a day. Once she started using cannabis regularly. I don’t remember the last time she needed her inhaler and this has been years. She smokes flower and a vape pen(THC) not nicotine.

Do I believe cannabis is a cure all? No, but she also had a super shitty childhood (who didn’t) and it helps her immensely with anxiety and depression. She is high strung and it helps her with being able to relax. Something that prescription mental health drugs alone did nothing. I have seen first hand the way it has and continues to help her be a better person. All the same besides the asthma could be said for me too. 

We we are just indoctrinated in the good old USA, that cannabis is bad and wrong and makes you a shit head. I’ve seen it do way more good than bad in my life and I’ve been around it forever. Anything used incorrectly by a idiot will have bad consequences. But fuck them anyways. They are idiots. 

Its not for everyone. But I believe it’s better than 99% of the options out there. And life can be shitty. It’s nice to be able to escape your own head for a little while each night. 
    your wife's anecdotal experience does not dispute the point. what is good for one is bad for another, just like pharmaceuticals. it is known scientifically that the process of cannabis being burned releases chemicals that are harmful to our organs and bodies. and even our minds. 

great that it has helped your wife. maybe I'll recommend my wife (really bad asthma) give it a shot. All we're saying is people in general who post things about it curing cancer and all these other types of diseases gives false hope and is just plain wrong. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

No one here is talking about cannabis being bad or wrong or making you a shithead, though. I and I think others are trying to look at the middle ground, because the middle ground is more likely to be accurate. It isn’t “bad and wrong” but the evidence is not there to say it’s “better than 99% of what’s out there”.  You can believe it if you wish, but I prefer to go with what the data says. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
     Wow, what a shocker the American lung Association has concerns about marijuana smoke. The article states that the American lung Association encourages more research into the health effects of cannabis. I’ve been pretty much saying the same thing. However, I happen to believe in the health effects  cannabis. Peoples consume cannabis you’re not smoke it like cigarettes. Like I said some people want to continue along being brainwashed. And comparing ditch weed you bought off a dealer to quality weed that’s out there today just doesn’t make any sense.  I don’t even think it really needs to be regulated that’s just another bullshit government move.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Pot smokers can maybe breathe a little easier
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/pot-smokers-can-maybe-breathe-a-little-easier

Here is a study that shows mixed results.  I'm not worried.  I smoked tobacco for 20 years.  People are dropping dead from smoking Cannabis otherwise it'd be all over the news.

To each their own.  I believe in the product.  If you live in a city just leaving your house and sucking in diesel and gas fumes are far more harmful to your lungs.  And they actually conclusive evidence that of vehicle emissions shortens one life... 

If you have concerns, then do not smoke it.  Consume it another way.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

A few posts up there is a study I posted...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think it's pretty obvious that what's (considered) an elixir for one isn't the same for another.

When I first found out I had cirrhosis, many well-meaning folks told me what worked like a charm for someone they know.  That's wonderful and all, but people are different (fortunately).  I can't take OTC meds and would rather not resort to something stronger for pain, so cannabis helps me on many physical and mental / emotional fronts.

That said, while I've been using pot for 40 years and am a huge proponent of it for myself as well as for those who are helped by it, I'm not dense enough to believe it's a panacea.  
  • Options
    I was no way trying to imply its a cure all. I was naming some of the reasons I find it totally beneficial. Sure are there side effects. Of course, but there all side effects to everything. Has it been studied thoroughly? Not here in America because of the stigma and big pharma money. But the older I get, I realize nothing is without risk and if the reward outweighs the risk(and no one gets hurt besides MAYBE me) then I’m going to do it. Life’s too short and shitty at times to worry about everything. People have been smoking pot religiously forever and the death by weed has never happened. Lung cancer from weed? I would love to see a legit study on that.

I read somewhere one time that the THC in smoking flower has a chemical that relaxes the bronchioles in the lung that contract from asthma. Something like that. Seems to be true from my wife’s brave study on the matter. Lol

I wasn’t calling anyone here a shit head for anything. I was conveying the mentality associated with the stigma and propaganda against weed by the government here in USA. I could have used a better word like slacker or pothead instead of shit head.  
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    No problem with what you wrote. We’re good  :)
  • Options
    👍🏽😀😀
  • Options
    Ontario Cannabis Store sells data about consumer purchases
    https://globalnews.ca/video/5838513/ontario-cannabis-store-sells-data-about-consumer-purchases?fbclid=IwAR3lboeVXq6KAjbbNhJQLu4JeeUk4JO84M3R2_0A42PrQcaJyQIhPik6deE

What a joke.  I would never buy that overpriced, over-regulated government weed...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    We have overregulated Cannabis but this garbage is ok...yup that fucking government.

MICHIGAN TO BE 1ST STATE TO BAN FLAVOURED E-CIGARETTES
    http://www.iheartradio.ca/am800/news/michigan-to-be-1st-state-to-ban-flavoured-e-cigarettes-1.9913911?fbclid=IwAR02_aMRuUzwiQvrWT1krswlpAr_jM3EtRlg4H2jp5Fst62riYn46mKTO6A
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I am actually going to check out a place nearby on the weekend.  He gives his Cannabis away for donations that he gives to the food bank, women's shelter, school breakfast program...and I'm told his Cannabis is top-notch.  I'd rather buy off someone like that who I know is doing good for people than paying tax on overregulated and overtaxed government weed...whats the government doing with the money.  Pissing it away.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    We have overregulated Cannabis but this garbage is ok...yup that fucking government.

MICHIGAN TO BE 1ST STATE TO BAN FLAVOURED E-CIGARETTES
    http://www.iheartradio.ca/am800/news/michigan-to-be-1st-state-to-ban-flavoured-e-cigarettes-1.9913911?fbclid=IwAR02_aMRuUzwiQvrWT1krswlpAr_jM3EtRlg4H2jp5Fst62riYn46mKTO6A
    I’ll inhale e cigs before I drink tap water from Michigan. Safety first. 
  • Options
    I was no way trying to imply its a cure all. I was naming some of the reasons I find it totally beneficial. Sure are there side effects. Of course, but there all side effects to everything. Has it been studied thoroughly? Not here in America because of the stigma and big pharma money. But the older I get, I realize nothing is without risk and if the reward outweighs the risk(and no one gets hurt besides MAYBE me) then I’m going to do it. Life’s too short and shitty at times to worry about everything. People have been smoking pot religiously forever and the death by weed has never happened. Lung cancer from weed? I would love to see a legit study on that.

I read somewhere one time that the THC in smoking flower has a chemical that relaxes the bronchioles in the lung that contract from asthma. Something like that. Seems to be true from my wife’s brave study on the matter. Lol

I wasn’t calling anyone here a shit head for anything. I was conveying the mentality associated with the stigma and propaganda against weed by the government here in USA. I could have used a better word like slacker or pothead instead of shit head.  
    well said. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    People who can not wrap their heads around the possibilities are just what the government wants... I believe in the plant.  It has helped me with many ailments... anyways to each their own.    
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    People who can not wrap their heads around the possibilities are just what the government wants... I believe in the plant.  It has helped me with many ailments... anyways to each their own.    
    It certainly seems to have mellowed you out and helped with your anger issues ;) 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    possibilities are one thing....claiming it can cure cancer is a whole other ball of wax. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    It certainly seems to have mellowed you out and helped with your anger issues ;) 
    Hahaha busting stereotypes wide open!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    possibilities are one thing....claiming it can cure cancer is a whole other ball of wax. 
    Can you smoke that wax or just vape it?
  • Options
    I hear people are using it as a suppository. kids these days. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I hear people are using it as a suppository. kids these days. 
    Well with the rise in popularity of the butt chug and Tide Pods I'm not surprised at all.
  • Options
    I’ve seen the suppository THC. I laughed but the guy told me it’s for cancer patients who can’t smoke or eat. Made sense to me. And I hope I don’t get to the point where I need to get high by sticking something in my ass. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I’ve seen the suppository THC. I laughed but the guy told me it’s for cancer patients who can’t smoke or eat. Made sense to me. And I hope I don’t get to the point where I need to get high by sticking something in my ass. 
    i was actually kidding, but I do know it exists. it's also a thing for young women who want to get loaded real quick soak a tampon in their choice of booze and insert it. instant drunk, with the added "bonus" of not being detectable through breathalyzer. unless that's just one of those stupid urban legend things people spread on the net. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i was actually kidding, but I do know it exists. it's also a thing for young women who want to get loaded real quick soak a tampon in their choice of booze and insert it. instant drunk, with the added "bonus" of not being detectable through breathalyzer. unless that's just one of those stupid urban legend things people spread on the net. 
    I don’t know if anyone actually does this, but it’s false that it would not be detectable via breathalyzer. It doesn’t matter how the alcohol gets into your bloodstream, whether orally, intravenously, or though some other way - as long as it’s in your blood it’s detectable by a breathalyzer as that process measures components of alcohol that enter air in the alveoli of the lungs. 
  • Options
    Also, just how much alcohol could an average tampon absorb, anyway? Far less than it would take to get drunk. 
  • Options
    I don’t know if anyone actually does this, but it’s false that it would not be detectable via breathalyzer. It doesn’t matter how the alcohol gets into your bloodstream, whether orally, intravenously, or though some other way - as long as it’s in your blood it’s detectable by a breathalyzer as that process measures components of alcohol that enter air in the alveoli of the lungs. 
    yeah, figured it was partially true at best. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com