Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    CEO of vape company Juul says non-smokers shouldn't use their product

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Closeup one of the tops ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    edited September 2019
    Looking real good jose! What strain you have going there?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • BLACK35 said:
    Tell you the truth I’m not sure , I got the seeds from a buddy in Hawaii it’s always a surprise come harvest time ..
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    BLACK35 said:
    Tell you the truth I’m not sure , I got the seeds from a buddy in Hawaii it’s always a surprise come harvest time ..
    Can you kind of figure it out once you’ve harvested and tried it, or does it remain a mystery? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • BLACK35 said:
    My guess would be a weed strain. I’m not an expert but I would be willing to try all of them to make sure I’m right. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    BLACK35 said:
    My guess would be a weed strain. I’m not an expert but I would be willing to try all of them to make sure I’m right. 
    Thanks for cracking the case, don't know if I would have been able to sleep without knowing this
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Anytime. Lol
  • BLACK35 said:
    Can you kind of figure it out once you’ve harvested and tried it, or does it remain a mystery? 
    Yeah when I smoke it for the 1st time after curing it ! 
    BLACK35 said:
    Yeah when I smoke it for the 1st time after curing it ! 
    Well then, enjoy! 
  • 40 pages on pot?  Y'all might have a problem.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Yeah we do it should be legal for the whole country just like alcohol which is way more addictive & kills more people  ..can’t wait till 1st week in November 
    Yeah we do it should be legal for the whole country just like alcohol which is way more addictive & kills more people  ..can’t wait till 1st week in November 
    I’m fine with it being legal. But if you are smoking every day, it’s still a problem.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    40 pages on pot?  Y'all might have a problem.
    I’m fine with it being legal. But if you are smoking every day, it’s still a problem.
    that's a pretty big generalization. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Not really. If you drink everyday I think you have a problem too. Maybe not a big one, but not a good one.  

You think doing it everyday is great? Can’t be. Nothing is besides drinking water and eating fiber! ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    Not really. If you drink everyday I think you have a problem too. Maybe not a big one, but not a good one.  

You think doing it everyday is great? Can’t be. Nothing is besides drinking water and eating fiber! ;)
    I didn't say "great", I think it can be somewhere in the middle. loads of studies out there saying drinking one to two glasses of wine per day is actually beneficial. if you are drinking a bottle a day, yeah, maybe a problem. yes, I'm sure there are health risks involved with smoking daily, but there are now other ways of ingesting it, which may or may not also have long term implications. I don't know. 

there are many variables that go along with what you are saying, so I don't think it's as easy as saying "if you do it every day you have a problem". some people do it every day, in small doses, as a sleep aid, for example. is that better than taking a sleeping pill? In my eyes, it is.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I didn't say "great", I think it can be somewhere in the middle. loads of studies out there saying drinking one to two glasses of wine per day is actually beneficial. if you are drinking a bottle a day, yeah, maybe a problem. yes, I'm sure there are health risks involved with smoking daily, but there are now other ways of ingesting it, which may or may not also have long term implications. I don't know. 

there are many variables that go along with what you are saying, so I don't think it's as easy as saying "if you do it every day you have a problem". some people do it every day, in small doses, as a sleep aid, for example. is that better than taking a sleeping pill? In my eyes, it is.  
    I see what you are saying but disagree. Taking a sleeping pill everyday? Yes that’s a problem. 

Stuff to watch out for. All I’m saying. 

hippiemom = goodness

I see what you are saying but disagree. Taking a sleeping pill everyday? Yes that’s a problem. 

Stuff to watch out for. All I’m saying. 

it is, which is why it's great now it is legal medicinally and recreationally. I don't see anything wrong with using it for pain or having a better sleep, etc. 

a buddy of mine has been using it daily since we were in our teens. now in our 40's. he honestly shows no ill effects from it. down the road? time will tell. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

There is new evidence that no amount of alcohol consumption is “safe”, in that even minimal drinking increases risk of early death. The studies you refer to looked at potential reduction in cardiac risks, which do seem to exist if I remember correctly, but all-cause mortality increases with any level of drinking and continues to increase with heavier drinking. 

I suspect that over time we’ll see evidence of long term risks associated with ongoing cannabis use, once it’s studied more. 

There is new evidence that no amount of alcohol consumption is “safe”, in that even minimal drinking increases risk of early death. The studies you refer to looked at potential reduction in cardiac risks, which do seem to exist if I remember correctly, but all-cause mortality increases with any level of drinking and continues to increase with heavier drinking. 

I suspect that over time we’ll see evidence of long term risks associated with ongoing cannabis use, once it’s studied more. 
    good to know. I was actually always skeptical that alcohol was good for you in small doses, and wondered where this research came from, and who may have funded it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

good to know. I was actually always skeptical that alcohol was good for you in small doses, and wondered where this research came from, and who may have funded it. 
    If you ever want to know the source of funding for studies, it’s not that hard to find, since all of that info has to be published. In any event, it wasn’t some vast conspiracy funded by the alcohol lobby or anything. Most of them were just usual public studies via university researchers. 
    Some people are still brainwashed by the US government that Cannabis is bad for you.  Been smoking every day for 10 years and off and on since HS.  I am perfectly fine.

Cannabis is far safer for Americans than going to a movie, mall, church, outdoor music festival, garlic festival...hell it's safer than just leaving your house in the US.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited September 2019
    Some people are still brainwashed by the US government that Cannabis is bad for you.  Been smoking every day for 10 years and off and on since HS.  I am perfectly fine.

Cannabis is far safer for Americans than going to a movie, mall, church, outdoor music festival, garlic festival...hell it's safer than just leaving your house in the US.

This is sadly completely true. I smoke every night to relax from the day and rest my muscles and sleep better. Does it make me high and feel good? Yes and yes. So all those things seem to be positives. But too each their own. 

And its its sadly true because of the second paragraph. Scary times. 

This is sadly completely true. I smoke every night to relax from the day and rest my muscles and sleep better. Does it make me high and feel good? Yes and yes. So all those things seem to be positives. But too each their own. 

And its its sadly true because of the second paragraph. Scary times. 
    I believe in Cannabis.  It has been kept illegal by big pharma, alcohol, and a lot of greedy politicians.  The sad part is that 90 years of medical research has been lost due to greed.  I believe in the plant, I believe in a 100 years folks then are going wonder "WTF was the matter with us keeping it illegal".  Now that it is legalized in Canada, research should be underway to confirm it's health benefits.

As far as other people ignorance.  I am a productive stoner.  Worked my previous job 25 years and took a couple of years off and now I work in the Cannabis industry...

I say to each their own.  I do find people who dismiss the possibility that Cannabis might just plant that medical researchers have been looking for with so many possibilities on the ignorant side.  Cannabis has helped me with sleep, and anxiety and a few other ailments.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Hey, let's continue with the rehab con.  I have never seen a product that people just want so much, such as Cannabis.  All these people seeking out Cannabis for whatever reason, can not be wrong.  The greedy politicians allowed it to stay illegal just to line their pockets.  Sadly, Canada's fucked up Cannabis legalization.  Alberta of all provinces appears to have gotten it right.  I am buying off the black market.  Mostly, everyone, I work with smoke Cannabis and we all buy off the black market...

Ex-Detroit Red Wings bruiser Darren McCarty the now into weed business

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/ex-detroit-red-wings-bruiser-darren-mccarty-now-into-weed-business?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2xKuz7drie3xT3DBw_iIIaQtPClIF70aiYIxNhNxaUyRb2BRmLdVpcvBM#Echobox=1567561146

After years of a crippling alcohol dependency that brought on repeated rehab visits, two failed marriages and a series of health woes, McCarty said marijuana saved his life.

He went to rehab four times. It all came to a head on Nov. 11, 2015. His liver was about to “explode,” he said.

“It came to a point where I almost died, where my blood pressure is 220 over 130.”

For seven days, with McCarty in a “coma” state, friends and caregivers gave him “gram after gram” of Rick Simpson Oil. It’s a powerful cannabis concentrate named after the Canadian who developed it to treat his skin cancer.

“That got me out of the physical addiction to alcohol,” said McCarty. “It was one of those things at the end when you get sick because you don’t drink, not because you drink. That’s how bad it was.

“When you don’t have that physical addiction any more and you don’t get sick, you feel like you’re given a second chance at life. I’ve been searching all my life for something to be able to look inward and be able to deal with life on life’s terms. It’s through this plant.”
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Another thing to remember...ingesting through the lungs is one way to get Cannabis.  Cannabis companies are now making capsules, sprays and ways.  There are also edibles, but remember I've yet to see any concrete data that smoking Cannabis is harmful like tobacco.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    budmail
    https://budmail.com/product-tag/thc/

For Canadians.  I am medicinal, but ever since legalization they sometimes are out of stock...argh.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Do you really you believe marijuana can cure these medical problems that have a wide range of causes?  
    There are dozens of types of cancers with so many different causes that the idea that one plant could cure it is literally laughable, and yet you post that and then call other people ignorant?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html

no concrete evidence indeed. 

I'm pro-cannabis, but come on, you have to have your head buried ostrich-deep in the sand to not believe it is harmful to your lungs. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I work within the field of mental health, and virtually everyone I see has tried cannabis in one form or another, or many forms. The West coast has always been friendly to weed, and since legalization it has only been more so; everyone and their dog has tried cannabis (literally - I've met more than one person giving CBD to their dogs). I can't remember when I last saw someone who hadn't tried it, including little old ladies in their 70s and 80s. I would estimate that maybe, maaaybe half of the people I see say that cannabis products have been helpful at all for their mental health issues. Occasionally people say cannabis has helped a lot, but more often when people have had a positive experience they say it has helped a little bit. Very frequently I meet people who say "it did nothing", and while it's possible that these people just didn't find a dose or strain that worked for them, some of them have tried multiple forms and strengths, usually including both THC and CBD. Not uncommonly people say they tried cannabis and it was "horrible" or "I hated it, it made it so much worse". The evidence that we do have from blinded, placebo controlled trials suggests this is the case, as there are not inconsiderable drop-out rates in the cannabis arms due to side effects.

Now, of course there is a selection bias in my experience, in that it may be that the people who have found that cannabis has done wonders for them don't bother to come through our doors. I would say, though, that it's not unusual for people to come in saying that medication has helped significantly but they want to learn to use other tools to manage their symptoms so they are not on medication for life, so it's not a slam-dunk to assume that there are a bunch of people cured by cannabis running around. 

For many, cannabis is a helpful tool. For some, it seems to be a lifesaver. For many others, it is either neutral or unhelpful. Such is life, and I suspect that that's what the bulk of research is going to show when we have it. This is not the cure-all you are looking for.