Options

The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Rosin and live resin are not of the cartridge variety, but are more like wax or shatter. The main difference between wax /shatter, and rosin / resin is that there are no chemical solvents used to extract thc. For rosin a simple heat and pressure technique is used to extract the goodness. For live resin a freezing technique is used. The absence of any type of solvent makes for a more natural flavour and buzz.

Thanks!  And you use the same type of device as you do for wax?  Just drop it on the coils and heat it up?  I may have to pick some up.  I have some wax that I rarely hit.  It's just a bit more work than a cart which is literally the easiest thing in the world.  But if it's clean and a nice buzz, then I'll check it.  
    I think you guys are in Canada right?  Anyone know if they sell it out west in the US?
    Yes, same device you would use for wax will do the trick. With my current rig (source orb 4) I have graduated from coils to the quartz bucket. I find that the quartz buckets provide the cleanest delivery. Essentially glass vs. metal.

Thanks again.  I need to upgrade my device if I'm trying something new too.  
    My pleasure. Happy hunting!

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Rosin and live resin are not of the cartridge variety, but are more like wax or shatter. The main difference between wax /shatter, and rosin / resin is that there are no chemical solvents used to extract thc. For rosin a simple heat and pressure technique is used to extract the goodness. For live resin a freezing technique is used. The absence of any type of solvent makes for a more natural flavour and buzz.

Thanks!  And you use the same type of device as you do for wax?  Just drop it on the coils and heat it up?  I may have to pick some up.  I have some wax that I rarely hit.  It's just a bit more work than a cart which is literally the easiest thing in the world.  But if it's clean and a nice buzz, then I'll check it.  
    I think you guys are in Canada right?  Anyone know if they sell it out west in the US?
    Yes, same device you would use for wax will do the trick. With my current rig (source orb 4) I have graduated from coils to the quartz bucket. I find that the quartz buckets provide the cleanest delivery. Essentially glass vs. metal.

Good call. I use the Utillian 5 for on-the-go dabbing, but use a small glass piece with a quartz banger, torch and temperature gun to get it going. The Utillian 5 I'll likely give to a friend and try something like the Source Orb as well - I don't like the idea of product right on the coils and it gets messy and affects the flavour.
    Damn thing looks like a crackpipe.  Do they smell?  I have three kids, so the biggest advantage to carts is the lack of smell, etc.  
  • Options
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    Anyone on here using rosin? I’m in love - have almost fully walked away from flower because of it.
    Yes! I've also just discovered Live Resin. Do you have a favourite brand / producer? I've tried Diamond Live Resin and Rosin by Quebec Craft Maple Budder. I find Rosin and Resin to be clean tasting, and a clean buzz if that makes sense.

I'm fortunate enough that my favourite producer is a friend of mine ;)

That said, he's running low so I just picked up some Rocky Mountain OG Tuna and OG Kush and am loving them. 

As an aside, just a little correction, I believe that live resin isn't actually solventless, it's just a fresh/fresh-frozen extract that's still BHO-dissolved/activated. This is why live resin will likely remain cheaper than rosin - the finest trichrome heads aren't caught in a water sieve (which is used for rosin), but are absolutely caught in a BHO extract. The mechanical separation from water filtering doesn't catch that, meaning there's less matter to be concentrated, which translates to a lower yield. 
    Thanks for the clearification. It's always good to know what one is getting into. I guess the fact that the plant isn't dried and cured makes the flavour that much more natural and fresh. I'll keep an eye out for Rocky Mountain Rosin.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Isn't Rosin just a classic hashish?  If it's mechanically separated and hot-pressed...it's hash lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Anyone use hemp wicks to light bowls?  Everyone keeps telling me to use them because blah blah butane and you're breathing chemicals and hardy har.  Yeah so I tried a hemp wick for a couple days and not only is it a fucking pain in the ass, the flavor isn't affected very noticeably at all like so many claim...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    rgambs said:
    Isn't Rosin just a classic hashish?  If it's mechanically separated and hot-pressed...it's hash lol
    It is 100% a hash product. Hash rosin is the full name it goes by even. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:

Good call. I use the Utillian 5 for on-the-go dabbing, but use a small glass piece with a quartz banger, torch and temperature gun to get it going. The Utillian 5 I'll likely give to a friend and try something like the Source Orb as well - I don't like the idea of product right on the coils and it gets messy and affects the flavour.
    Damn thing looks like a crackpipe.  Do they smell?  I have three kids, so the biggest advantage to carts is the lack of smell, etc.  
    Way less scent than weed, but it does still smell. And absolutely, it's dangerously close to the appearance of a crack pipe unfortunately.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    So long as you've got top-notch plant (which it looks like you do) then fully agree! 

Jose, I don't know if you even remember that MSG show we went to together, but that was a blast and I'd love to do it again. Next time PJ comes to Toronto, if you make it up here I will have plenty of exceptional quality rosin for us, and the dab rig ready to go :D 

EV
  • Options
    benjs said:
    So long as you've got top-notch plant (which it looks like you do) then fully agree! 

Jose, I don't know if you even remember that MSG show we went to together, but that was a blast and I'd love to do it again. Next time PJ comes to Toronto, if you make it up here I will have plenty of exceptional quality rosin for us, and the dab rig ready to go :D 
    Oh def I love Toronto I just hope it’s either amphitheater or Arena show , thanks 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    So some of the medical statements I’ve read about vaping THC have me confused. 

In the vitamin E acetate cases, a few medical professionals state that the vapor returns to it’s oily form in one’s lung after it cools, which is what causes serious damage to the tissue and functioning.

But I think all the THC cartridges I’ve seen are oily whether or not they contain vitamin E acetate, which would lead me to believe that vaping THC is just flat out unsafe, no matter where it’s coming from or what terpenes/additives it contains. I’m probably wrong, but there’s certainly enough doubt for me to hold off. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

In the vitamin E acetate cases, a few medical professionals state that the vapor returns to it’s oily form in one’s lung after it cools, which is what causes serious damage to the tissue and functioning.

But I think all the THC cartridges I’ve seen are oily whether or not they contain vitamin E acetate, which would lead me to believe that vaping THC is just flat out unsafe, no matter where it’s coming from or what terpenes/additives it contains. I’m probably wrong, but there’s certainly enough doubt for me to hold off. 
    I read in Reuters that vitamin E is used to cut the thc, so it has consistency when the thc content is reduced.  They identified three companies that did it for Dank I believe.  I don't know if that's happening at legal shops. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I read in Reuters that vitamin E is used to cut the thc, so it has consistency when the thc content is reduced.  They identified three companies that did it for Dank I believe.  I don't know if that's happening at legal shops. 
    Right, but the normal consistency—that is, the consistency when the THC has not been reduced by vitamin E or other adulterants—is oily. And when the vapor cools, regardless of whether the cartridge has been cut with adulterants, returns to oil in one’s lungs. That ain’t good. THC oil, vitamin E oil, whatever the oil—it shouldn’t be in one’s lungs. 

At least, that’s my understanding. Hoping I’m wrong. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Right, but the normal consistency—that is, the consistency when the THC has not been reduced by vitamin E or other adulterants—is oily. And when the vapor cools, regardless of whether the cartridge has been cut with adulterants, returns to oil in one’s lungs. That ain’t good. THC oil, vitamin E oil, whatever the oil—it shouldn’t be in one’s lungs. 

At least, that’s my understanding. Hoping I’m wrong. 
    I don't know if you are or aren't.  I did find this report which is probably the most thorough I've read.  I had my facts wrong,  or the purpose.  Black market gets cut with chemicals and then Vitamin E to thicken so it appears to be more pure. 
    However,  a manufacturer in Oregon who uses vitamin E on the legal market claims 50% of legal has vitamin E. It's important to note that I have not read anywhere that said atomized THC is bad after it cools. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inverse.com/amp/article/59207-vitamin-e-acetate-thc-vapes
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    We have a wide variety of concentrates readily available here in Oregon. I've tried numerous. I have a banger I'll slide into my bong and use a torch for heating. 
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos said:
    We have a wide variety of concentrates readily available here in Oregon. I've tried numerous. I have a banger I'll slide into my bong and use a torch for heating. 
    One day Horos one day 🤘we will smoke together..
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Horos said:
    One day Horos one day 🤘we will smoke together..
    I looked forward to that day Jose.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos said:
    I wish we'd communicated in the past! I'll be in Portland in just over a week. Same rig :) 

EV
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    OK, now I've seen the Pax 3 for a week and here are my impressions (mechanical):

* Pretty small ... little bigger then a lipstick container
    * Looks like it was made in Silicon Valley (in fact, it was) in design and packaging
    * Very simple ... one button.  Some tricks make it easy to change setting using a series of clicks but the app work pretty amazingly well considering how often I'm let down by apps for products
    * Battery life seems solid ... several sessions later it was still above 50%
    * Very simple design ... one button and a draw hole on one end, a magnetic lid to pack on the other with a small removable screen on the bottom, and that is pretty much it
    *  It hits operating temp in around 15 seconds.  LED logo makes it clear when heating or ready to use clear to user.  App (or clicking) controls temp and has five settings for controlling temp.  Unit will get warm but not uncomfortably  
    * Cleaning and maintenance is simple.  Comes with little tube cleaner.  Literally can clean in under 30 seconds unless you want to scrub with alcohol.

As for operational review, testing is still ongoing.  Initially it was underwhelming as opposed to expectations, but further research into understanding how vaping works has yielded more more positive results on each sequential test mission.  Initial mission disappointment determined to be mainly due to operator error.
  • Options
    Does it only take flower or can you do waxy materials?
  • Options
    It does concentrate as well but I have not seen it tried in person. 
  • Options
    Bubble hash is awesome. 1 gram is at least 6 mini joints mixed with tobacco. TOTALLY FRIED 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    NFL legend Calvin Johnson says he used cannabis after every game to relieve pain

https://windsorstar.com/cannabis-health/nfl-legend-calvin-johnson-says-he-used-cannabis-after-every-game-to-relieve-pain/wcm/791bcf5b-8cd0-4e6e-886c-6706ad9bf8c1?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0kX4mupnqVR_sLBHQ45YRoXq1Mm0xzlIUTUw5uqy-
    CAqC2GM7bs1WiY2I#Echobox=1569329902

Me as well.  Planter Fasciatis myself.  OG Kush knocks the foot pain dopwn to more than manageable levels.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    He smoked weed so he could momentarily forget he was playing for the Detroit Lions ... pain was a secondary issue.  
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    He smoked weed so he could momentarily forget he was playing for the Detroit Lions ... pain was a secondary issue.  
    Still one of the best receivers , explains his concentration...
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Still one of the best receivers , explains his concentration...
    He was a monster.  
  • Options
    The NFL's drug policy is as outdated as their commissioner.  

But hey since the FDA and the government says opioids are legal its no problem if team Drs overprescribe them and get athletes hooked (potentially).  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    These are going in jars today will clip all the nugs off the stems these hung dried for over 10 days now it’s curing time ..
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    No shit...