Options

The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    Also, just how much alcohol could an average tampon absorb, anyway? Far less than it would take to get drunk. 
    modern tampon commercials would have us believe about 4 liters. HAHA
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    This...does not make me happy.  I'm a bit worried.  I hope they track down this Vitamin E issue in a hurry.  They say many were from the black market, but the carts look pretty standard to me.  Worried..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/09/05/contaminant-found-vaping-products-linked-deadly-lung-illnesses-state-federal-labs-show/

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:
    This...does not make me happy.  I'm a bit worried.  I hope they track down this Vitamin E issue in a hurry.  They say many were from the black market, but the carts look pretty standard to me.  Worried..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/09/05/contaminant-found-vaping-products-linked-deadly-lung-illnesses-state-federal-labs-show/

Yeah, this is a bit troubling. I haven't had any bad experiences, but then again I'm buying name brand carts from the stores here. I would NEVER buy one off the street or from "a guy." For me, this is another reason they need to hurry up and legalize federally. Regulate and test. Otherwise, who knows what people are eating, smoking, and now vaping. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It's sad but not surprising.  I hope these are outliers.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah, this is a bit troubling. I haven't had any bad experiences, but then again I'm buying name brand carts from the stores here. I would NEVER buy one off the street or from "a guy." For me, this is another reason they need to hurry up and legalize federally. Regulate and test. Otherwise, who knows what people are eating, smoking, and now vaping. 
    Mine are from stores too, but how could the street contaminate them? They always look sealed beyond opening. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    LMFAO.   Of course any US government agency is going to say it’s in the marijuana that’s causing problems with these caps.  Your fucking government has kept it illegal for damn near 100 years.  Maybe if the FDA or whoever was actually competent they would’ve tested these devices before they went to market.  If these devices are made in China maybe that’s where the fucking problem is. China don’t care what kind of chemicals in just.

Wake up.  The government no matter what political party does not have our interest.

This is the same agency that approved opioids. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    LMFAO.   Of course any US government agency is going to say it’s in the marijuana that’s causing problems with these caps.  Your fucking government has kept it illegal for damn near 100 years.  Maybe if the FDA or whoever was actually competent they would’ve tested these devices before they went to market.  If these devices are made in China maybe that’s where the fucking problem is. China don’t care what kind of chemicals in just.

Wake up.  The government no matter what political party does not have our interest.

Yes Haha. Hilarious that there are contaminants in some cartridges.  What a riot. 
  • Options
    Mine is the Stizzi brand. High quality. Hopefully no contamination. Not going to stop my nightly ritual after a long day at work though. Dinner, Poop, vape, shower, relax with wife and daughter and some Mindhunter season 2 followed by some Bobs Burgers and Archer or King of the Hill to fall asleep too. Life ain’t easy for a pimp. Lol
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Look, I know you "don't give a shit" what anyone thinks of you because we are all elitists, but you need to take a deep breath and actually read what people are writing here and the links they are posting.
    You are mischaracterizing everything you opine on.
    The vitamin E contaminants are not from the marijuana, they are an additive.
    People who KNOW conclusively (because they have science degrees) that marijuana can't eliminate cancer aren't blinded by prohibition attitudes and so on.

Opioids are a motherfucking miracle for people who need relief from the kind of serious pain that cripples people, and they absolutely motherfucking should be approved for medical use by ALL governments.
    Abuse of opioids is a serious issue, but you are a fool to suggest they don't have a place in medical care.
    I've seen pain you can't imagine in my medical career, opioids save lives.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Mine is the Stizzi brand. High quality. Hopefully no contamination. Not going to stop my nightly ritual after a long day at work though. Dinner, Poop, vape, shower, relax with wife and daughter and some Mindhunter season 2 followed by some Bobs Burgers and Archer or King of the Hill to fall asleep too. Life ain’t easy for a pimp. Lol
    This is shockingly similar to my routine, but I usually catch Rick and Morty and then fall asleep at about 1145 watching something historical about WW2. And im not changing either especially since the current cartridge is good. Just hope they trace it soon.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:

Mine are from stores too, but how could the street contaminate them? They always look sealed beyond opening. 
    From reading various stories about this, they mostly seem to be black market cartridges associated with these lung issues. The packaging looks legit and professional, but these are sold on the streets and most commonly in non-legal states. They are apparently looking at vitamin E acetate as the culprit in these carts. It can be ingested or applied topically, but shouldn't be vaped. I don't know why it is added, and I sure hope they figure this one out. I know there have been a couple of hundred cases of hospitalization now, and even a couple of deaths attributed to respiratory illness linked to thc vaping.  Most troubling to me is that yesterday a report of a death in Oregon was published, and the cartridge was purportedly bought at a legal weed shop and was a legit cartridge, so that muddies things a bit. I'll definitely be paying attention to that one.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:

From reading various stories about this, they mostly seem to be black market cartridges associated with these lung issues. The packaging looks legit and professional, but these are sold on the streets and most commonly in non-legal states. They are apparently looking at vitamin E acetate as the culprit in these carts. It can be ingested or applied topically, but shouldn't be vaped. I don't know why it is added, and I sure hope they figure this one out. I know there have been a couple of hundred cases of hospitalization now, and even a couple of deaths attributed to respiratory illness linked to thc vaping.  Most troubling to me is that yesterday a report of a death in Oregon was published, and the cartridge was purportedly bought at a legal weed shop and was a legit cartridge, so that muddies things a bit. I'll definitely be paying attention to that one.
    I've been hearing that Dank Vapes should be avoided for a few months.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:

Right I was reading this that the cartridge originated in a legal sale but then resold on the street. And the Oregon issue reinforces that.  Which would mean that the contamination is from the manufacturing... possibly. Which is what's scary.  

I don't live in a legal state but everything I have is from one.  But I was under the impression that these cartridges generally originate in the state where they are sold,  that they don't generally cross state lines and certainly not imported.  Do you know that to be true?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Yes Haha. Hilarious that there are contaminants in some cartridges.  What a riot. 
    Then maybe they should have tested them before allowing them into the market.  But, yeah its the Cannabis.  What do vap?  Give me a break, your federal government has been trying for 90 years to discredit Cannabis...and this is the best those fuckers can come up.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rgambs said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:

I've been hearing that Dank Vapes should be avoided for a few months.
    We used to use theirs, and Heavy Hitters as well.  We've now moved to disposables - mainly Dompen - though I hope this doesn't spread through that medium too.

And thanks for what you said a few posts up there.  Kind of a no-brainer but in light of other posts, necessary, I suppose.
  • Options
    If people are buying off the illicit market and are getting sick...then that's on them.  Know who your buying from.  I had always said wait a few years and the problem with vapes would creep up.  Doesn't anyone roll joints anymore??? 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I believe there has been a lot of controversy about the FDA medical device approval process.  They're just another US agency that operates on politics.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    If people are buying off the illicit market and are getting sick...then that's on them.  Know who your buying from.  I had always said wait a few years and the problem with vapes would creep up.  Doesn't anyone roll joints anymore??? 
    I thought it was the government's fault.  You know the one that has kept it illegal for 100 years unlike your government which kept it illegal for 99.... unless you count several states who were ahead of Canada... but I degrees from facts. 

And neither the article nor the scientists have said it's the marijuana.  It clearly states it's vitamin e contaminant.  It seems like you started with a preconceived opinion and are sticking to it 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I thought it was the government's fault.  You know the one that has kept it illegal for 100 years unlike your government which kept it illegal for 99.... unless you count several states who were ahead of Canada... but I degrees from facts. 

And neither the article nor the scientists have said it's the marijuana.  It clearly states it's vitamin e contaminant.  It seems like you started with a preconceived opinion and are sticking to it 
    The problem is no one knows?  It could be a chemical coming off the devices.  It could be nicotine.  There have been other articles that has suggested Cannabis.  But comparing your country to Canada is laughable.  You do realize that your asshole government bullied the world into keeping it illegal???  We have had medical Cannabis since 2001.  And when we legalized, we went nationwide. When it comes to the US you can not accept the critiques of your country...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Why don't you just buy cigarettes and smoke like normal people used to?  Maybe vaping is like the diet coke and coke...we know diet coke is worse than real coke.  In the end, you are vaping with devices that have never really been tested.  But if your vape was made in China I wouldn't trust it.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

The problem is no one knows?  It could be a chemical coming off the devices.  It could be nicotine.  There have been other articles that has suggested Cannabis.  But comparing your country to Canada is laughable.  You do realize that your asshole government bullied the world into keeping it illegal???  We have had medical Cannabis since 2001.  And when we legalized, we went nationwide. When it comes to the US you can not accept the critiques of your country...
    Oh I can accept critiques but Canada hardly is a trend setter as it was behind Washington,  Colorado,  California, etc. The problem is your criticisms are all over the place and have nothing to do with this issue.  But it's easy for you to laugh your ass off as people are sick.  As if you think Canada is immune to a contamination. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Why don't you just buy cigarettes and smoke like normal people used to?  Maybe vaping is like the diet coke and coke...we know diet coke is worse than real coke.  In the end, you are vaping with devices that have never really been tested.  But if your vape was made in China I wouldn't trust it.
    There's no way thc can be imported legally, so I really don't think that's the case.  The federal government has jurisdiction on international trade.  States cannot bypass the federal ban.  As I pondered above,  I don't even think it can move across state lines because then it's interstate commerce and subject to federal jurisdiction. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

There's no way thc can be imported legally, so I really don't think that's the case.  The federal government has jurisdiction on international trade.  States cannot bypass the federal ban.  As I pondered above,  I don't even think it can move across state lines because then it's interstate commerce and subject to federal jurisdiction. 
    There is a treaty that most countries have signed that was supposed to Cannabis illegal.  I believe our government just violated the treaty.

Why a 56-year-old UN treaty stands between you and legal pot
    https://globalnews.ca/news/3157924/why-a-56-year-old-un-treaty-stands-between-you-and-legal-pot/

Even though I'm not a fan of our PM...he is different and seems to walk to the beat of his own drum.  It was wrong for our government to keep it illegal.  Continue discussion Friday.  Off to work
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Oh I can accept critiques but Canada hardly is a trend setter as it was behind Washington,  Colorado,  California, etc. The problem is your criticisms are all over the place and have nothing to do with this issue.  But it's easy for you to laugh your ass off as people are sick.  As if you think Canada is immune to a contamination. 
    I wanted to add this.  In Canada, the government has really fucked up.  That's why I went back to the black market...better quality, better prices and more selection.  If people in Canada think the government licenced weed is better, they are wrong.  It's not like government inspectors are at every facility checking the product.  Most US states did it right.  And the only province that did it because of the private was Alberta and they are the most conservative province in Canada...

Alberta sees most money spent on cannabis since legalization: StatCan

https://globalnews.ca/news/5815519/alberta-cannabis-money-spent-statistics-canada/

Alberta has only 4 million people, Ontario is over 13 million, both BC and Quebec are over 10.  

I doubt BC will ever see much in sales.   I think it's a requirement in BC that you must have a grow op...lol

The private sector knows Cannabis.  The government has not got a clue.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    You're really confusing, my friend.  First you say the gov't needs to be involved, and then criticize them for being inept.  You criticize people for buying black market, and then go on later to say that you buy from black market because the gov't weed sucks.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    You're really confusing, my friend.  First you say the gov't needs to be involved, and then criticize them for being inept.  You criticize people for buying black market, and then go on later to say that you buy from black market because the gov't weed sucks.  
    The government needs to make sure those devices people use to inhale should be tested.  People's opinion change.  And I'm allowed to change my mind.  I gave the government a chance.  They fucked it up.  I have also been on record that I do not think the bud should be regulated.   But here in Canada anything consumed is regulated by Health Canada (except vapes apparently).  And I'm no dummy, I'm not paying the price for that government weed when there is better quality, cheaper, better customer service and they know what they selling...

As for those vapes that are causing the problem I really could care a less who get sick.  I smoked tobacco for 20 years.  But at least I smoked cigarettes.   But I quit 20 years ago because there are 0 benefits from tobacco and many PROVEN risks.

But whatever dude.  

Have a great weekend.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    mrussel1 said:
    don't bother. he has hated trudeau from the beginning. now he's voting for him because he legalized weed, even though he hates how the government apparently fucked it up and handled the roll out, and the quality is apparently shit, and his dealer knows the product better than the scientists growing and testing it in private facilities. 

all politicians and lawyers are assholes, to boot. 

Canada is better than the US because we legalized weed.....after many states did before us. 

it's like talking to Uncle Leo. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Physicians published detailed descriptions of an acute lung disorder in people who vape and described the trend as “worrisome” in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that no consistent e-cigarette products have been linked to the disorder, and that while some victims used marijuana-based products, some report using only nicotine products.

There are now 450 possible cases in 33 states and one territory, three deaths, and one death under investigation.
    This is a developing story. It will be updated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/national/wp/2019/09/06/lung-illness-tied-to-vaping-has-killed-a-third-person-and-may-be-a-new-worrisome-disease-health-officials-say/

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2019
    mrussel1 said:

Physicians published detailed descriptions of an acute lung disorder in people who vape and described the trend as “worrisome” in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that no consistent e-cigarette products have been linked to the disorder, and that while some victims used marijuana-based products, some report using only nicotine products.

There are now 450 possible cases in 33 states and one territory, three deaths, and one death under investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/national/wp/2019/09/06/lung-illness-tied-to-vaping-has-killed-a-third-person-and-may-be-a-new-worrisome-disease-health-officials-say/

Remember the old school vaporizers that you would load with flower? Some came with balloons, and the one that a friend of mine bought had a silly instructional DVD that parodied The Matrix.

The thing with those was that you needed to use about three times as much weed as you would if you just smoked it. They were nice, though. No cloud at all when you exhaled.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:

Remember the old school vaporizers that you would load with flower? Some came with balloons, and the one that a friend of mine bought had a silly instructional DVD that parodied The Matrix.

The thing with those was that you needed to use about three times as much weed as you would if you just smoked it. They were nice, though. No cloud at all when you exhaled.
    Are you talking about the Pax?