Options

The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    CM189191 said:
    bought some indica. I told the dude about my anxiety and how I don't like being paranoid. He told me he has the same issue, no worries, indica is relaxing ("in da couch"). smoked a bit and was more paranoid right outta the gate than I recall being in a LONG time. 

ug, i hate to hear these stories

Not sure what the laws are in your neck of the woods.  But pot shops should not be 'prescribing' or offering medical opinion.  
    I
    There are no laws against giving opinions, especially not when asked for them. The guy never claimed to be a doctor.
    Weed affects different people differently - it really is just a matter of trial and error until you find what works for you (or to find that weed isn't for you at all). Luckily weed is at least cheap, so this method isn't a massive financial burden, and it's not dangerous either. It's not like bad advice about which strain to try is going to kill anyone.

that's the issue....you can't claim "well, I'm not a doctor"...and then proceed to give what amounts to a medical opinion.  Or a specific recommendation for a specific medical issue.

I obviously wasn't there and don't have the context.  I'm just saying it's a fine line to walk.  Dispensaries are not pharmacies, they don't have the expertise to be giving advice and need to be really careful.
    it wasn't a medical opinion. it was his personal experience he was relaying to me, along with his knowledge of what indica USUALLY does to people. nothing more. it was no different than me talking to a buddy. 

Cool, so some pregnant lady walks into a dispensary and asks for something to help with her nausea.  The dispensary offers some friendly advice on which strains are best.  Is that acceptable?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    CM189191 said:
    bought some indica. I told the dude about my anxiety and how I don't like being paranoid. He told me he has the same issue, no worries, indica is relaxing ("in da couch"). smoked a bit and was more paranoid right outta the gate than I recall being in a LONG time. 

Not sure what the laws are in your neck of the woods.  But pot shops should not be 'prescribing' or offering medical opinion.  
    I
    There are no laws against giving opinions, especially not when asked for them. The guy never claimed to be a doctor.
    Weed affects different people differently - it really is just a matter of trial and error until you find what works for you (or to find that weed isn't for you at all). Luckily weed is at least cheap, so this method isn't a massive financial burden, and it's not dangerous either. It's not like bad advice about which strain to try is going to kill anyone.

that's the issue....you can't claim "well, I'm not a doctor"...and then proceed to give what amounts to a medical opinion.  Or a specific recommendation for a specific medical issue.

I obviously wasn't there and don't have the context.  I'm just saying it's a fine line to walk.  Dispensaries are not pharmacies, they don't have the expertise to be giving advice and need to be really careful.
    it wasn't a medical opinion. it was his personal experience he was relaying to me, along with his knowledge of what indica USUALLY does to people. nothing more. it was no different than me talking to a buddy. 

Cool, so some pregnant lady walks into a dispensary and asks for something to help with her nausea.  The dispensary offers some friendly advice on which strains are best.  Is that acceptable?
    you're really reaching here.

I didn't go there asking for help with an anxiety, or any other, condition. All I said was 'I prefer products that relax you, as opposed to ones that give you energy". There is actual research on which ones generally do one or the other. They have signs on each strain which activities go with which. he was just relaying that same info. Not sure what your issue is here. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I can't speak for CM, but I can understand where she is coming from a little bit based on the fact that I am pretty annoyed with the psuedo-science and "natural" crowds rising in proportion to the strides made in legal and medical cannabis use.
    There are people out there claiming cannabis cures all cancer, and the bullshit claims cascade down into every possible use or hopeful use.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rgambs said:
    I can't speak for CM, but I can understand where she is coming from a little bit based on the fact that I am pretty annoyed with the psuedo-science and "natural" crowds rising in proportion to the strides made in legal and medical cannabis use.
    There are people out there claiming cannabis cures all cancer, and the bullshit claims cascade down into every possible use or hopeful use.
    yes, there are, but that's the furthest thing from my experience at that shop that I had. this guy was not claiming to have any medical info whatsoever. basically reading the card issued with the strain. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    It sure is lively here for a bunch of stoners
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    rgambs said:
    and you do not have a problem with the pharmaceutical industry in which their products kill people daily.  If someone chooses to treat cancer with Cannabis and they die, then that was their choice.  I know of several people who used cannabis while undergoing cancer treatments, they used it as a supplement.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    rgambs said:
    and you do not have a problem with the pharmaceutical industry in which their products kill people daily.  If someone chooses to treat cancer with Cannabis and they die, then that was their choice.  I know of several people who used cannabis while undergoing cancer treatments, they used it as a supplement.  
    Where does rgambs say that he doesn’t have a problem with rhe pharmaceutical industry? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    CM189191 said:

I

Is this pregnant lady an adult?  If so, then that is her choice.  You do know that so far researchers have not been able to find a link between Cannabis smoke and Tobacco?  You do know that the tobacco companies intentionally poison their customers.  Yet it's fucking legal, what about alcohol...that's poison as well.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    It sure is lively here for a bunch of stoners
    Cannabis debates usually get lively.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Medical marijuana goes on sale in Ohio, as some hope it may ease state's opioid epidemic
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/medical-marijuana-goes-sale-ohio-some-hope-it-may-ease-n959551
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    I have plenty of problems with the pharmaceutical industry, no doubt.
    I have ZERO problems with people treating themselves with (or just enjoying) cannabis, but I sure as shit am not thrilled about every Devlin, Nevaeh, and Tyler out there like Jenny McCarthy making ridiculous claims.
    It was a minor annoyance when cannabis was on the fringe, but as it enters the mainstream, it's time for yoga the naturopathic, essential oil crowd to give way to scientists, technology, and legitimacy.
  • Options
    Medical marijuana goes on sale in Ohio, as some hope it may ease state's opioid epidemic
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/medical-marijuana-goes-sale-ohio-some-hope-it-may-ease-n959551
    Not likely to help at all, supply will only be a single digit percentage of demand, and I believe the initial rate per ounce right now is somewhere over 450$
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    CM189191 said:

I

Is this pregnant lady an adult?  If so, then that is her choice.  You do know that so far researchers have not been able to find a link between Cannabis smoke and Tobacco?  You do know that the tobacco companies intentionally poison their customers.  Yet it's fucking legal, what about alcohol...that's poison as well.
    What do you mean by “establish a link between cannabis smoke and tobacco”??

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Drug maker pushed OxyContin despite danger signs, prosecutor says

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/drug-maker-pushed-oxycontin-despite-danger-signs-prosecutor-says-n959266

People tell me these drugs spend years in the lab, being tested, they are safe...

Well, they are not safe.  

I'll stick to cannabis for non-life treatments.  I wouldn't trust the FDA's approval process ever.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Drug maker pushed OxyContin despite danger signs, prosecutor says

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/drug-maker-pushed-oxycontin-despite-danger-signs-prosecutor-says-n959266

People tell me these drugs spend years in the lab, being tested, they are safe...

Well, they are not safe.  

I'll stick to cannabis for non-life treatments.  I wouldn't trust the FDA's approval process ever.
    Wow, you mean opioids are dangerous??  Wow, it's too bad doctors aren't educated about that...oh wait, they are.  
    OxyContin is safe, if used properly, thanks to the FDA you don't seem to understand.

The fault with the opioid crisis lies equally with the people who make the meds then ship them out in numbers that are obviously suspicious, and the doctors at "pain clinics" who blast them into communities without consequence.
    Opioids have an important place in medical care, and we shouldn't be surprised that their makers want to sell more and make more money.  We need to focus on accountability.
  • Options
    FDA clears the way to increase access and lower cost of life-saving opioid overdose treatment drug
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/16/fda-wants-pharma-to-bring-opioid-antidote-naloxone-over-the-counter.html
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    The Prince of pot has himself in more trouble...disturbing individual if true.

Marc Emery Gave LSD, Ecstasy To Underage Girls: Ex-Employees

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2019/01/21/marc-emery-lsd-ecstasy-drugs-underage-girls-alleged_a_23648923/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001&fbclid=IwAR2QzRp9KPE7enNjU7lou24mU_e64HFq2TB53qGCZqEdiWoyjV8wVTEQMkc
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Any plans on investing in Medical Marijuana in NY?!?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited January 2019
    The Prince of pot has himself in more trouble...disturbing individual if true.

Marc Emery Gave LSD, Ecstasy To Underage Girls: Ex-Employees

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2019/01/21/marc-emery-lsd-ecstasy-drugs-underage-girls-alleged_a_23648923/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001&fbclid=IwAR2QzRp9KPE7enNjU7lou24mU_e64HFq2TB53qGCZqEdiWoyjV8wVTEQMkc
    I guess.... I dunno, as someone who started dropping acid when she was 13 years old, and would have felt completely comfortable taking some drugs from an adult when I was a teenager, and indeed did exactly that many times, I have trouble feeling anything about this story. I know I'm supposed to really disapprove, but that's hard to do, considering. I do of course know it's illegal. I just also know what reality is for a lot of people when it comes to this kind of thing, and having lived it myself, I can't think of it as fucked up as many people obviously do. It just wasn't at all "disturbing" at the time (and no, I'm not going to be giving any drugs to minors, lol).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    It is not OK for an adult to give minor drugs...just because you felt like you might have been mature enough doesn't mean it should be tolerated, young people are impressionable.  The good news is he will be locked out of opening a Cannabis store in Ontario because of his criminal past.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    It is not OK for an adult to give minor drugs...just because you felt like you might have been mature enough doesn't mean it should be tolerated, young people are impressionable.  The good news is he will be locked out of opening a Cannabis store in Ontario because of his criminal past.
    I didn't say it was okay.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Canada's chronic shortage of legal cannabis expected to drag out for years

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-cannabis-shortage-years-1.4988195

No.  You mean a government controlled business has a shortage?  Maybe the should have left the entire operation to the private sector.

Of course, common sense says put off adding edibles until you figure how to supply the demand.  I bet the black market has no shortage of weed.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options

No.  You mean a government controlled business has a shortage?  Maybe the should have left the entire operation to the private sector.

Of course, common sense says put off adding edibles until you figure how to supply the demand.  I bet the black market has no shortage of weed.
    I went to a private cannabis store over the weekend and asked one of the owners about this. She says no, the issue they are dealing is NOT really about supply. The issue is that right now, the growers basically have no idea what they're doing. I asked her if this issue would be solved, and she confidently said yes, once we see the craft growers come in, over the next year or so, the whole market would straighten itself out. She said she felt confident that the quality and consistency of product, which right now is not very good, so it's actually that the most desirable product is in short supply while the market is glutted with less desirable product, will improve over time, and doesn't expect it to take more than a year or so.
  • Options
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I went to a private cannabis store over the weekend and asked one of the owners about this. She says no, the issue they are dealing is NOT really about supply. The issue is that right now, the growers basically have no idea what they're doing. I asked her if this issue would be solved, and she confidently said yes, once we see the craft growers come in, over the next year or so, the whole market would straighten itself out. She said she felt confident that the quality and consistency of product, which right now is not very good, so it's actually that the most desirable product is in short supply while the market is glutted with less desirable product, will improve over time, and doesn't expect it to take more than a year or so.
    Some clerk working at a retail shop likely has no real idea what the issue is in the supply chain.  But to say growers do not know what they are doing is extremely inaccurate.  Most of Ontario's supply comes from growers who have been in business supplying medical marijuana for years.  I spoke with my own supplier before legalization and was assured that we medicinal customers still come first and foremost and they have an excellent idea at how much inventory is needed to keep supplying the medical side.  The issue that they feel will be the biggest is that they may not know for a year or 2 just how much supply will be needed to supply the recreational side of these.

The representative I spoke with said they expect the recreational sales will be very strong at first and should level off going into year 2, this should give them an idea at how much recreational weed is needed on a month to month basis.  And as he pointed, they could easily grow enough within 6 months so they there would be no shortage, but what business wants to be stuck with 2 much inventory.

It's called growing pains.  That's to be expected.  Until they sort out the supply issue, they should hold off on edibles.  

I've already contacted my MP to voice my concerns about edibles coming online too soon, she will raise this with the minister in charge of the file.  She also did not think edibles will be legalized in 2019 with an election cooming, she thinks 2020 is more realistic.  The house will probably break in June and will not be recalled until after the election, she makes sense...

And once again the advice I got is from one of Canada's largest growers...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Some clerk working at a retail shop likely has no real idea what the issue is in the supply chain.  But to say growers do not know what they are doing is extremely inaccurate.  Most of Ontario's supply comes from growers who have been in business supplying medical marijuana for years.  I spoke with my own supplier before legalization and was assured that we medicinal customers still come first and foremost and they have an excellent idea at how much inventory is needed to keep supplying the medical side.  The issue that they feel will be the biggest is that they may not know for a year or 2 just how much supply will be needed to supply the recreational side of these.

The representative I spoke with said they expect the recreational sales will be very strong at first and should level off going into year 2, this should give them an idea at how much recreational weed is needed on a month to month basis.  And as he pointed, they could easily grow enough within 6 months so they there would be no shortage, but what business wants to be stuck with 2 much inventory.

It's called growing pains.  That's to be expected.  Until they sort out the supply issue, they should hold off on edibles.  

I've already contacted my MP to voice my concerns about edibles coming online too soon, she will raise this with the minister in charge of the file.  She also did not think edibles will be legalized in 2019 with an election cooming, she thinks 2020 is more realistic.  The house will probably break in June and will not be recalled until after the election, she makes sense...

Hahaha so to sum that up, 
    "Your pot seller likely has no idea what's going on, but listen up my pot seller says..."

• Options
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:

I told you is was the owner of the shop, not a clerk. And yes, the owner said that growers who are now supplying BCLDB with weed are not the growers who produced the best weed when it wasn't legal.
    I'm going to trust the owner of a BC cannabis store about weed being sold in BC on this one before trusting your non-professional perspective coming out of Ontario.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Legalizing medical marijuana gets strong 'no' from SC Attny General, infuriating advocates

https://wlos.com/news/local/legalizing-medical-marijuana-gets-strong-no-from-sc-attny-general-infuriating-advocates?fbclid=IwAR0Q2Al54LLHMFkT5EjiMUt4_e-erv9ruLvSwFPkXyT6YotWXxHf6REg4ZU

“It is the most dangerous drug because it is the most misunderstood drug,” Wilson said.

“Attorney General Alan Wilson stood up at that press conference and said things like ‘doped and stoned’ don’t apply to medicine. Well, he’s obviously never seen people that are doped up on opioids because that’s exactly what they are.”

Another fucking idiot politician...American politicians are some corrupt ass backward politicians on the planet...

Here a tip for that asshole lawyer, it's OUR BODY.

Give Peas A Chance…