The National Football League

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited January 2019
    No team comes better prepared than the Patriots.  What is this nine super bowls for Brady?  He's living the dream.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Tom Brady was already the greatest QB of all time – now he's just rubbing it in
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jan/21/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl-nfl
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Two entertaining games.  Was hoping for the Super Tecmo Bowl rematch.  Andy Reid could have used the announcers last night for his defensive coordinators as they (and most anyone else that has watched the Pats) knew exactly the routes and passes they would throw before the snap.  Smart on Belichick putting lots of pressure on a (technically) rookie QB who doesn't have the experience to audible.  It will be interesting to see if they try the same against Goff, but maybe the Rams watch game film because I'm not sure the Chiefs do.

Wonder if the refs had to be choppered out by SWAT in New Orleans ...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Wobbie said:
    just great.

both championship games decided by bad calls (no PI in NFC, phantom “roughing” on the golden boy). fuck.
    While the roughing call was definitely a missed call, that didn't decide the game, it happened on 2nd and 7 with over 7 minutes left in the game. 
    There were 30 points scored after that play. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Not being able to stop what seemed to be pretty obvious play calls, repeatedly, was what cost the Chiefs.  The Patriots executed like machines when it mattered most.
    Does Brady get the benefit of the doubt from the refs?  Of course he does.  The great ones usually do.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    1-4 as a favorite in championship games for Andy...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Why would he give Brady the ball to start the game?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:
    They ran it down their throats. Totally set the tone 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    ed243421 said:
    Honestly, I think that the Patriots ability to do the "double score" thing at end of 1st half/beginning of 2nd half has crept into the minds of so many coaches that they are now either trying to duplicate it for themselves or in yesterday's case at least prevent the Pats from doing it and it affects their decision making.
    If you win the toss you put your best unit out there. for the Chiefs, that is not your defense.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Lol

The Chefs.

Trump’s little mushroom has probably popped a pup tent in his Dockers with his bestest friends’ big win.

I bet Tom and Donny talk on the phone tonight. Guaranteed.
    “The Patriots are going to win so much, you’re going to be so sick and tired of the Patriots winning.”
    Lol

Most of us are. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,014
    edited January 2019
    Still amazing Johnny Hekker converted that fake punt. Wouldn’t you think the Saints would have been better prepared for it? I mean it seems he does it every other game and the Saints weasel coach did his version a week prior and it was just as huge a momentum swing as this one was

and Dee Ford... wtf dude. That game was over. Patriots will never shoot themselves in the foot like their opponents always do. Can’t believe all the tipped INTS last 2 weeks.

i know it wasn’t a factor due to Brady throwing a pick on very next play, but how the refs reversed that Edelman play with no clear cut evidence to go against original call is mind boggling.

both head officials should get their walking papers

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    The OT rules are just plain dumb.  Both teams should be able to get the ball.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

• Bird box is everywhere...
    I might be the only Netflix subscriber who has not seen the movie...lol
    I haven't bothered yet either...
  • pjhawks said:
    I love people blaming reid. Yea it’s his fault the pats called heads and the overtime rules are fucking stupid.  

Brady made three or four perfect passes in overtime.  Great game though.  

Not much to say about the saints game non call that hasn’t already been said. Just completely unnaceptabe

i hate games in domes. Field goals inside are too damn easy. Play in the elements like real men
    Maybe call a timeout so your defense can take a break?  

They were exhausted and it showed.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    edited January 2019
    Jason P said:
    Two entertaining games.  Was hoping for the Super Tecmo Bowl rematch.  Andy Reid could have used the announcers last night for his defensive coordinators as they (and most anyone else that has watched the Pats) knew exactly the routes and passes they would throw before the snap.  Smart on Belichick putting lots of pressure on a (technically) rookie QB who doesn't have the experience to audible.  It will be interesting to see if they try the same against Goff, but maybe the Rams watch game film because I'm not sure the Chiefs do.

Yep.  Tony Romo was calling the plays before they happened.

Andy Reid got Bellicheckmated...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Jason P said:

Brady'd not Bellichecked.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

I think that the coach had a large impact in the Patriots win.
    Notice that as the game wound down there was one team who had all of their Time Outs?  That the game planning in advance worked well prior to halftime adjustments?  (Extremely well) 
    It is not a knock on Big Red that Bad Bill is amazing as a HC.  Respect to Bill.  He is the best.
    I do think Reid lacks situational/in game awareness and that showed again yesterday.  Good adjustments at half and he has done a super job with his young QB.  I am a fan of Andy Reid, but Bad Bill is just so good.
    To give credit to Brady and not Bad Bill is a very different viewpoint than I had watching that game.
    (Brady was really good, as well.  Of course.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

I'll give them both credit.

I like the Bellichecked term too, lol!  I came up w Bellicheckmated last year.  I should have it copyrighted?
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

Notice that as the game wound down there was one team who had all of their Time Outs?  That the game planning in advance worked well prior to halftime adjustments?  (Extremely well) 
    It is not a knock on Big Red that Bad Bill is amazing as a HC.  Respect to Bill.  He is the best.
    I do think Reid lacks situational/in game awareness and that showed again yesterday.  Good adjustments at half and he has done a super job with his young QB.  I am a fan of Andy Reid, but Bad Bill is just so good.
    To give credit to Brady and not Bad Bill is a very different viewpoint than I had watching that game.
    didn't that same coach also blow a 14-point lead at halftime? and a 3 point lead in 30 seconds?   the Pats won the game because of Brady and a coin flip.  If the Chiefs win the coin flip they probably score a TD and win the game.

the Bulls didn't win because of Phil Jackson but because of Michael Jordan.  The Pats win because of Brady.  
  • pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

didn't that same coach also blow a 14-point lead at halftime? and a 3 point lead in 30 seconds?   the Pats won the game because of Brady and a coin flip.  If the Chiefs win the coin flip they probably score a TD and win the game.

the Bulls didn't win because of Phil Jackson but because of Michael Jordan.  The Pats win because of Brady.  
    That's wrong too.  Look where Phil went on to win w the Lakers.  

He had a way of getting players to "play".

Don't bring up the Knicks because he wasn't the coach there.
    edited January 2019
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

Brady wasn't even at his best yesterday with those two picks. It was just a great game plan by the Pats beginning with that first drive. They exploited the Chiefs weak defense expertly by jamming it down their throats. They controlled the clock for over 43 minutes and kept the Chiefs offense off the field. And when the Chiefs scored, it was almost as if they always scored too quickly---I think their longest drive was like 4 minutes long. Pat's defense was fresh throughout......all this stuff is so key for an underdog on the road in a tough environment. it's not just the qb. Total team/coaching effort.

Hell of a game.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

yea he had Shaq and Kobe in their prime with the Lakers. two dominant players. one probably in the top 10 or so of all time and one a physical specimen that was unstoppable when healthy and motivated.  Not saying they aren't good to great coaches but fact is they win an have won at historic levels because they have/had the the best players of all time.  don't really think that's even a question.

I hope Bellichick hangs around after Brady retires. i imagine his genius won't be so genius like with Brian Hoyer at QB.  you know like when he was in cleveland

• pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

yea he had Shaq and Kobe in their prime with the Lakers. two dominant players. one probably in the top 10 or so of all time and one a physical specimen that was unstoppable when healthy and motivated.  Not saying they aren't good to great coaches but fact is they win an have won at historic levels because they have/had the the best players of all time.  don't really think that's even a question.

I hope Bellichick hangs around after Brady retires. i imagine his genius won't be so genius like with Brian Hoyer at QB.  you know like when he was in cleveland

Just to prove that a coach does make a difference:

Barry Switzer...

Oh and Belichakmate won with a guy named Garopolo when Brady wasn't around for a few games and won again when Brady was suspended.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Hey, the defence needed to make a stop.

The OT rules are fair. If the defence had stopped them, the Chefs could have kicked a FG and won. The Pats couldn't have won with a FG.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    mcgruff10 said:

The OT rules are fair. If the defence had stopped them, the Chefs could have kicked a FG and won. The Pats couldn't have won with a FG.
    Best of 7 coin flips.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited January 2019
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

Well he also was the defensive coordinator for two super bowl champions that were driven by their defense. 

And he turned that Cleveland team around before the rug got pulled out from under them when Model announced they were moving to Baltimore. I suggest watching the Football Life episode about the '95 Browns. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_Livin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Best of 7 coin flips.
    I get the coin flip thing, but...

The team had the chance to win in regulation at home. It didn't.

The team had the opportunity to stop the opposition on their initial drive in OT. It didn't.

The Chefs defence was terrible. The Pats offence was very vanilla- designed, no doubt, to keep the ball from the KC offence as much as possible. They got nickeled and dimed to death.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JK_Livin said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Best of 7 coin flips.
    I get the coin flip thing, but...

The team had the chance to win in regulation at home. It didn't.

The team had the opportunity to stop the opposition on their initial drive in OT. It didn't.

The Chefs defence was terrible. The Pats offence was very vanilla- designed, no doubt, to keep the ball from the KC offence as much as possible. They got nickeled and dimed to death.
    They could do the same in hockey too. No more 3 on 3. Straight shoot out, and if one team scores first, they win. Other team does not get a shot. Or Baseball, you score in the top half of the inning, the home team does not get a chance to respond. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

Give Peas A Chance…
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

Well he also was the defensive coordinator for two super bowl champions that were driven by their defense. 

And he turned that Cleveland team around before the rug got pulled out from under them when Model announced they were moving to Baltimore. I suggest watching the Football Life episode about the '95 Browns. 
    before Brady took over as starter in NE he was 41-55 overall with 1 winning season in 6 years

turned around cleveland?  - 1 good year in 5 years.   not exactly lighting it up.
    6-10
    7-9
    7-9
    11-5
    5-11