Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Gimme that nba on nbc jingle too

Nba inside stuff w/ ahmad

peter Vecsey… it was so cool back in the 90s
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    John Tesh's greatest work. They now use it for college basketball on Fox Sports. It just doesn't work for me when it's not the NBA though. The beginning part of the song was the best. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

I rolled my eyes when I saw the headline about Brady's next venture, and the first time he calls a Patriots game will be one of the biggest media circle jerks to date, but with that being said: 

He *could* be an awesome color guy with his ability to read the field and explain what's coming, not unlike Romo in his early broadcasting days, before he became a cartoon character. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    John Tesh's greatest work. They now use it for college basketball on Fox Sports. It just doesn't work for me when it's not the NBA though. The beginning part of the song was the best. 
    It is one of humankind's greatest works.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    Think of this for another reason he is doing it.  He gets to still be relevant and promote the TB12 brand.

Might be more to it than we see?

I mean he is pushing "tuggets", lol
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    I think it also keeps him connected to the game, but without the grind and time commitment of getting into coaching or even a front office position. It's stupid money for pretty easy work, hard to say no. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I think it also keeps him connected to the game, but without the grind and time commitment of getting into coaching or even a front office position. It's stupid money for pretty easy work, hard to say no. 
    He is a "prepper" so he will/should have some interesting takes and info on the games he calls.  Kind of like what Romo does and I really enjoy Romo's commentary.

If he can be like him then it will be a success.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Romo jumped the shark. He was fantastic his first couple of years though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    mickeyrat said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    I don't think he's going to be a good color man. And frankly, I think it's a little beneath him to be one. Also, it always seems like the all-time BEST players just don't make for good color men. Joe Montana and Magic Johnson are good examples. Just as Brady was similar to Montana on the field, I think he might be similar in the booth too. 
    $375m, I think he can live without an Emmy 🤣

I agree, he will be ok at best

Forget awards, I don't think he lasts even five years doing this. Possibly out of not being very good at it, but also possibly out of disinterest. 

He's been weird lately. There was that fake month-long retirement. Then there were reports that he was going to Miami to play before transitioning to an ownership role. Then he comes back to Tampa. Arians resigns as coach (OBVIOUSLY per Brady's request/demand). And now he's signing a broadcasting contract set to commence when he retires. Not that I blame him. If idiots wanted to give me $375 million dollars, I'd take it too. Part of me thinks Fox was trying to make a "splash" with this announcement. Or, they're trying to make him their new John Madden. Probably both. 

developing the teledeflator as we speak.

bueler?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Kap gets a tryout and this place is crickets?

I don't expect him to wow anybody from not playing for 6 years so if he makes it, great, if not, no big deal.  At least he tried.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728

I don't expect him to wow anybody from not playing for 6 years so if he makes it, great, if not, no big deal.  At least he tried.

So I guess he doesn't think football is tantamount to slavery anymore like he suggested in that Netflix movie. Or more likely, he never thought that football was like slavery but idiots keep throwing money at him to propagandize so he does it. 

His hypocrisy aside, I liked him as a player for that short span he was one. So it'd be good to see him back on the plantation on an NFL team. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Hard to imagine (see what I did there?) he's capable of playing at a high level at age 34 and after not playing for 6 years, but one never knows.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

So I guess he doesn't think football is tantamount to slavery anymore like he suggested in that Netflix movie. Or more likely, he never thought that football was like slavery but idiots keep throwing money at him to propagandize so he does it. 

His hypocrisy aside, I liked him as a player for that short span he was one. So it'd be good to see him back on the plantation on an NFL team. 

You can join the good fight and be in the NFL to try and make it better, as I would see him trying to do that.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited May 2022
    The NFL is a pit of scum.  I hope he can get back in there.  Would be good to see him in some games.

Speaking of scum, the bullshit guarantee contract is going to blow up on the idiot Browns.  Can't wait to hate!

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474

what hypocrisy?

I’m thinking you didn’t really like him.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Wobbie said:

what hypocrisy?

Obviously the hypocrisy of him equating playing in the NFL to slavery in his Netflix movie, and then wanting to play in the NFL a year later. 

But I did like him for that two-year or so span when he was good and entertaining. If he gets signed, gets playing time, and plays relatively well, that’d be cool. Like when Vick returned. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

what hypocrisy?

Obviously the hypocrisy of him equating playing in the NFL to slavery in his Netflix movie, and then wanting to play in the NFL a year later. 

But I did like him for that two-year or so span when he was good and entertaining. If he gets signed, gets playing time, and plays relatively well, that’d be cool. Like when Vick returned. 

but without the dog fighting.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:

what hypocrisy?

Or being a piece of shit.
    Good point.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Wobbie said:

what hypocrisy?

Or being a piece of shit.
    Good point.
    word.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cam went all third person. as long as I’m already in “fuck this or that” mode, fuck that guy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    if deshaun really just wanted a massage, he might have a few go-to masseuses……not 66.

where there’s smoke….

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    sixty six is a lot

Maybe he should change his number to 6...oh yeah that numbers taken already.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    if deshaun really just wanted a massage, he might have a few go-to masseuses……not 66.

where there’s smoke….

am curious if ANY time he got a massage it was a male giving the massage.

• Options
    Browns gonna Brown
    Of course he did it.  No way this many women are making shit up.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Browns gonna Brown
    What's the crime?   The grand jury failed to indict him.  Propositioning for sex? Is that illegal?  Is that civil suit worthy? 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Browns gonna Brown
    What's the crime?   The grand jury failed to indict him.  Propositioning for sex? Is that illegal?  Is that civil suit worthy? 

24th accuser had 2 appts with him. first ended rarly as something came up with him.
    2nd appt she apparently walks in with him jerking off.

so Louis CK ASKS for permission to masterbate in front of women gets "canceled".

This dude? not so much.

• Options

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    edited June 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Browns gonna Brown

24th accuser had 2 appts with him. first ended rarly as something came up with him.
    2nd appt she apparently walks in with him jerking off.

so Louis CK ASKS for permission to masterbate in front of women gets "canceled".

This dude? not so much.
    So are you saying Louis CK should not have been canceled? You don't need to sell me on that.  
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Browns gonna Brown
    You can choose to believe what you want - I choose to believe the likelihood that this guy isn't a giant bag of shit is very small given what has been reported.
    A grand jury failing to indict a celebrity does not mean they didn't do anything wrong.  
    Yes, the supposed actions are illegal.  As they should be.  
    I don't like the Browns.  I used to like him.  Now I don't like him and this confirms what I already think about the leadership of the Browns.  
    All my opinions.  Yes, I feel strongly about them.  

Perhaps I am wrong.  

Perhaps you are right and we should believe the one guy vs the 20+ women accusing him.

Perhaps the team is fine to give the largest (by far) guaranteed contract ever to someone in this sort of position.