Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    It’s a very Texans thing to do too.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    DewieCox said:
    How can both of these be true? Unless you're saying that should have waived him,  which would be crazy.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Every Browns fan in the world deleting their twitter history about Big Ben right now. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Every Browns fan in the world deleting their twitter history about Big Ben right now. 
    What do I do about Kobe tweets?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,798
    edited March 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.
    You think it's a bad move? They'll get a couple of early ish picks back for Baker. 

Browns have a roster to win now.  Worry about draft later.  
    Yes , I think it is horrendous.
    Most guaranteed money, ever, to a guy in this position?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,373
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.
      They'll get a couple of early ish picks back for Baker. 

Not likely.
    Mayfield is an 18 Mil cap hit if they cut him, so teams know they have to trade him, they'll be fortunate to get one middle round pick for him. 3rd at best. I predict a 4th.
    Plus Baker already said "Colts please". The Colts were stupid last year with the Wentz acquisition. doubt they will be again (well there is the Irsay factor so maybe Cleveland has a shot).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    How can both of these be true? Unless you're saying that should have waived him,  which would be crazy.
    I mean, he’s shown MVP type talent. tanking his value and undermining any interest he had to play there wasn’t a great move. They’ve managed to waste quite a bit of potential over the last decade with the way they’ve been ran. On the other hand, would t be shocked if Watson tanks in Cleveland. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.

Not likely.
    Mayfield is an 18 Mil cap hit if they cut him, so teams know they have to trade him, they'll be fortunate to get one middle round pick for him. 3rd at best. I predict a 4th.
    Plus Baker already said "Colts please". The Colts were stupid last year with the Wentz acquisition. doubt they will be again (well there is the Irsay factor so maybe Cleveland has a shot).
    Interesting.  I'm thinking a 3 and a 4.  Yes it's 18MM, but it's one year and that's not a lot for a starting QB. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.
    You think it's a bad move? They'll get a couple of early ish picks back for Baker. 

Yes , I think it is horrendous.
    Most guaranteed money, ever, to a guy in this position?

He's 26 and his numbers have been outstanding.  The Browns are absolutely a QB away.  Put aside his personal issues, and it's a no brainer to me.  He's off the hook criminally and Haslam chairs the discipline committee, so he knows exactly what is likely (or unlikely) regarding the civil side and how the NFL will deal with it.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,798
    Mayfield is not good.  
    Even Jimmy is better....and Jimmy is a great teammate.   

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.

Not likely.
    Interesting.  I'm thinking a 3 and a 4.  Yes it's 18MM, but it's one year and that's not a lot for a starting QB. 
    The salary for the team acquiring him is palatable, it's the fact that Cleveland has to get him off the books, and can't cut him or that 18 Mil stays on their cap, so they have zero leverage in trade negotiations unless a number of teams come knocking thinking Mayfield is their future. Coming off 3 underwhelming seasons and shoulder surgery, doubt that will be the case.
    He's going to be in a "prove it" season, nobody giving up big return for that.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,657
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.

worry about the women later, too.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.

Do you know the allegations are true?  I don't.  Grand Juries have the lowest level of proof requirements in the justice system and the defense cannot present.  And the jury didn't believe it. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.

Do you know the allegations are true?  I don't.  Grand Juries have the lowest level of proof requirements in the justice system and the defense cannot present.  And the jury didn't believe it. 
    All of these complaints filed don't cause any concern?

Not for the Browns.  Largest guarantee  ever.  

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,970
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.

I knew Wobby preferred drafts over women but not Tung.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.

All of these complaints filed don't cause any concern?

Not for the Browns.  Largest guarantee  ever.  

Pretty sure they have some lawyers and investigators to do a touch of research on the risk. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,653
    Being concerned legally and being concerned morally are two very different things.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    Would it be that surprising if Haslem was just winging it and didn't have lawyers and researchers?
  • Options
    Browns gonna Brown.  Browns fans can try to justify or rationalize....and I am not saying the guy doesn't deserve a job...but this kind of move is beyond anything I could even fathom.   It bears typing a third time after they leveraged the future of the franchise on this bad bet.
    The largest guaranteed contract in the history of the league for a dude who stands accused of an awful pattern of behavior.

Browns.

Yay.
  • Options
    Being concerned legally and being concerned morally are two very different things.
    Or just with common sense that a guy who might just be a total fucking scumbag could repeat this type of behavior and still guaranteed this contract.

MayDay10 said:
    Would it be that surprising if Haslem was just winging it and didn't have lawyers and researchers?
    Not to some of us.
  • Options
    Damn, RIP John Clayton
  • Options
    Browns gonna Brown.  Browns fans can try to justify or rationalize....and I am not saying the guy doesn't deserve a job...but this kind of move is beyond anything I could even fathom.   It bears typing a third time after they leveraged the future of the franchise on this bad bet.
    The largest guaranteed contract in the history of the league for a dude who stands accused of an awful pattern of behavior.

Browns.

Yay.
    If they make a super bowl, is it worth it?  What if they win it?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,488
    Watson Deal $80m more IN guaranteed $ than the 2nd largest guaranteed contract in league history 

with 22 civil cases hanging over his head

Leave it to Cleveland to be the ones the sogn
    off on it plus all the picks given up

hes really that good, def makes Cleveland a contender… but a little desperate 

AFC qbs stacked … kind of feel bad for Koe Burrow, teams that don’t win the super bowl usually struggle years after, now all this
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,337
    edited March 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.

think haslam was given assuraneces he will be eligible with no suspension over these civil suits?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Most Browns thing to do.

he could have testified
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Browns.

Yay.
    If they make a super bowl, is it worth it?  What if they win it?
    Making a SB is not a big deal.  2nd place = who cares.
    Winning one is.  
    Up to Browns fans, I guess.
    Clearly I hate the deal.  Your choice to like, if you do.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Damn, RIP John Clayton
    Damn that sucks. RIP
    Loved his commercial where he unleashes his hair and lives in his mom's basement.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Watson Deal $80m more IN guaranteed $ than the 2nd largest guaranteed contract in league history 

with 22 civil cases hanging over his head

Leave it to Cleveland to be the ones the sogn
    off on it plus all the picks given up

hes really that good, def makes Cleveland a contender… but a little desperate 

AFC qbs stacked … kind of feel bad for Koe Burrow, teams that don’t win the super bowl usually struggle years after, now all this

Burrow, sacked the most last yr , still AFC champ,  SB appearance in yr 2 but really yr one due to injury rookie yr. has the goods. mike brown no longer has his hands on the team, which in my opinion is what held them down so long.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,657
    Poncier said:
    DewieCox said:
    Damn, RIP John Clayton
    Damn that sucks. RIP
    Loved his commercial where he unleashes his hair and lives in his mom's basement.
    with the Slayer poster!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14