Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Theory of Everthing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I saw these on the big screen:
    Ritual of Death (1990) - cheesy Brazilian horror movie...worth seeing once but I would not buy it if it got a Blu-ray reissue
    Zombie (1980) - 4k restoration of excellent Italian zombie movie by Lucio Fulci...plan to buy the Blu-ray of this at some point
    Gone With The Wind (1939) - Classic that I had seen once before on the big screen (1988) as well as on home video.  It holds up for me still...was not bored once in almost 4 hours running time.

I saw these on Amazon Prime:
    Death By Metal - Solid documentary about the Florida metal band Death.  
    Song of the South - Documentary about Duane Allman and the pre-history of the ABB and the early history of the ABB until his tragic death in 1971
    After the Crash - Documentary about the ABB from Duane's crash until a few years ago...both these documentaries were well done with a mixture of music and talking heads 
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    My "local" Alamo is playing The Running Man tomorrow and I'm super pumped to go see it on the big screen!
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    My "local" Alamo is playing The Running Man tomorrow and I'm super pumped to go see it on the big screen!
    Nice!  Have a great time.  All 3 of the films I posted today about seeing on the big screen were at my "local" Alamo.  Mine has The Relic tomorrow night.  Is that worth checking out?  I have never seen it.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    i feel like i'm the only person on earth who doesn't give two shits about Queen. i have no interest in that movie. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Yefa said:
    Nice!  Have a great time.  All 3 of the films I posted today about seeing on the big screen were at my "local" Alamo.  Mine has The Relic tomorrow night.  Is that worth checking out?  I have never seen it.
    I really liked the Relic when I saw it in high school. Pretty decent horror flick with plenty of cheesiness as well and Tom Sizemore before he went completely batshit crazy.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Lizzie(2018)
    Well done take on the Borden Murders of 1892 starring Kristen Stewart and Chloe Sevigny. I think the theory here was taken from a 90's book on the subject.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". I liked it, for the most part. The look of it took some getting used to. If it was on TV, I'd throw it on for a bit, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

Going to the movies tomorrow to see a new movie for the first time in a while. Not sure what we're going to see, but my first choice is "Into the Spider-Verse".
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    edited January 2019

A Quiet Place. Give it a 6/10. Neat concept but I felt they could have done a lot more with it. Still fairly entertaining.

And felt like it was mandatory viewing before I attempt Birdbox.

Post edited by Jbarker on
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Bohemian Rhapsody

I dug it.

See the source image
    Jbarker said:

A Quiet Place. Give it a 6/10. Neat concept but I felt they could have done a lot more with it. Still fairly entertaining.

Don't waste your time.
    Jbarker said:

Don't waste your time.

haha. thanks. I think I will skip it. Sometimes its nice to randomly choose the overhyped fan favorite and avoid it just to maintain the fact I have power over mass persuasion.

Watched Sicario 2 instead.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Fyre Fraud. What a doucher that guy is.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Jbarker said:
    Jbarker said:

Don't waste your time.

haha. thanks. I think I will skip it. Sometimes its nice to randomly choose the overhyped fan favorite and avoid it just to maintain the fact I have power over mass persuasion.

I liked it. It's simply entertaining. I'm not really sure why people don't like it... maybe because their expectations were too high?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jbarker said:
    Jbarker said:

Don't waste your time.

I liked it. It's simply entertaining. I'm not really sure why people don't like it... maybe because their expectations were too high?
    I’m just sick of these so-called horror movies that aren’t horror but rather some metaphor for some type of disorder/ailment/disease/etc with these stupid open-endings left for the viewer to interpret. Everyone is trying to be the next Shyamalamadingdong (and his movies aren’t even that good to begin with) and it’s growing stale.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jbarker said:
    Jbarker said:

Don't waste your time.

I’m just sick of these so-called horror movies that aren’t horror but rather some metaphor for some type of disorder/ailment/disease/etc with these stupid open-endings left for the viewer to interpret. Everyone is trying to be the next Shyamalamadingdong (and his movies aren’t even that good to begin with) and it’s growing stale.
    was it marketed as a horror? I thought it was marketed as a thriller. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    Jbarker said:
    Jbarker said:

Don't waste your time.

was it marketed as a horror? I thought it was marketed as a thriller. 
    I guess more of a post-apocalyptic thriller than horror, but the two seem to mesh more often than not these days. 

PJ_Soul said:
    Jbarker said:
    Jbarker said:

Don't waste your time.

maybe its because people like to say Shyamalamadingdong

:lol:  It  must be impossible for Indians to ask for Charmin and not get Shyamalan.

:rofl:

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Bird box. As mentioned, I too should have watched it blindfolded.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Crazy rich Asians - meh
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited January 2019
    What Keeps You Alive(2018)
    Crazy Canadian thriller/horror film about two married women who go away to the woods and shit goes nuts from there. Really enjoyed it until the third act when character decisions knocked it down a few pegs.. Still an enjoyable watch.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

when character decisions knocked it down a few pegs.. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ-hlcux66s
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Dumplin

Meh. I have no problem with the themes of the movie, I just found it to be boring and poorly acted.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Sadie (2018)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    edited January 2019
    Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse. Lots of fun, really good animation, and more emotional than I thought it was going to be (there's a 1-2 punch to the feels early on that I completely wasn't expecting).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    White Girl. Really wish we'd stop making films glorifying stupid behavior and terrible choices. This was basically a 90 minute commercial for cocaine.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    You Were Never Really Here (2017)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024