edited February 2023
    The former Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin Produced Entourage

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited February 2023
    tbergs said:
    SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL

Well executed, great looking and high production values. But the glue of thrills, actor's chemistry and charm isn't there. The movie could have have benefited from the roles of Jason Patrick and Sandra Bullock being reversed. Have her have to do the hero-stuff and have him be slapped around by Willem Defoe. As it is now, you are watching the whole movie with a big spotlight on a Keanu Reeves stand in, which only makes your heart grow fonder of Keanu. No matter how much Patrick runs around on a cruise ship bare-chested. And I mean, with Bullock getting $12 million to return, why not use her for something else than the damsel in distress. 

Ronin's calling your name for that '98 slot. Maybe some cheesy Segal action for '91 or one of those Lethal Weapon flicks for '92.
    1991 is Point Break.  I prefer New Jack City but Point Break is more action packed.
    91 is Last Boy Scout, we already covered this.
    Point Break is a classic schlock film but it is nothing to spill a warm cup of piss over.  Damon Wayans needs SC's critiquing. 

1992: Under Siege

Under Siege is one of all the ”Die Hard on a…”-movies that works really well. Steven Seagal’s style of underacting makes him work surprisingly well against the overacting Gary Busey and the late-80s-Neil-Young looking Tommy Lee Jones. 

1992 has Army of Darkness.  Perhaps one of my all time favs.

Well-hello-mr-fancy-pants GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Agree 💯 
    1991 is Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Shotgun Wedding

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    ikiT said:
    tbergs said:

Well executed, great looking and high production values. But the glue of thrills, actor's chemistry and charm isn't there. The movie could have have benefited from the roles of Jason Patrick and Sandra Bullock being reversed. Have her have to do the hero-stuff and have him be slapped around by Willem Defoe. As it is now, you are watching the whole movie with a big spotlight on a Keanu Reeves stand in, which only makes your heart grow fonder of Keanu. No matter how much Patrick runs around on a cruise ship bare-chested. And I mean, with Bullock getting $12 million to return, why not use her for something else than the damsel in distress. 

Ronin's calling your name for that '98 slot. Maybe some cheesy Segal action for '91 or one of those Lethal Weapon flicks for '92.
    1991 is Point Break.  I prefer New Jack City but Point Break is more action packed.
    Point Break is a classic schlock film but it is nothing to spill a warm cup of piss over.  Damon Wayans needs SC's critiquing. 

Under Siege is one of all the ”Die Hard on a…”-movies that works really well. Steven Seagal’s style of underacting makes him work surprisingly well against the overacting Gary Busey and the late-80s-Neil-Young looking Tommy Lee Jones. 

Agree 💯 
    Darn....with You Could Be Mine it does have a stronger pull for SC, I would imagine.
    The Last Boy Scout has a Pince song, not sure that will help.  And, Halle Berry.  Dancing to that song.
    T2 is one he has to know pretty much by heart.  Go for the movie less traveled!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    Both of those were good. Prisoners was a bit abrupt, but he heard that whistle, right? Villanueve is great. It’s really strange, but have you seen Enemy?
    Yes, he heard it. Haven't seen Enemy. I usually like Jake Gyllenhaal as well.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Hmm, you’re not wrong about the cynicism. He’s a bit like Nolan, in that there’s not always as much emotional warmth in his movies as other directors. Yeah, that trick from Traffic, you are right. Although I really enjoy Del Toro and Blunt in Sicario.
    Sicario is great. Very tense movie and Blunt is probably my favorite female actress the last 15 years. She's fantastic in everything.

Del Toro is also always good. Just watched The Hunted a few weeks ago. Tommy Lee Jones at the end of his major acting roles spanning from Under Siege forward and Del Toro still young.
  • Options
    Blunt is great! Edge of Tomorrow with Cruise is underrated.
  • Options
    Blunt is great! Edge of Tomorrow with Cruise is underrated.
    Wouldn't say underrated. Maybe overlooked.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    tbergs said:

Agree 💯 
    I saw Terminator 2 twice every week like between the VHS was released in 1992 and up till 1996. 1991 will not be Terminator 2.

GREATEST DRAMA EVER MADE THOUGH,.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    ikiT said:
    tbergs said:

Agree 💯 
    I saw Terminator 2 twice every week like between the VHS was released in 1992 and up till 1996. 1991 will not be Terminator 2.

GREATEST DRAMA EVER MADE THOUGH,.
    Hahaha
      Nice.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    ikiT said:
    Shotgun Wedding

Yeah I saw this too. Refuse to believe she is 53 years old. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,250
    edited February 2023
    ^ I haven't watched it, but just from the trailer it looks similar to Violent Night. Empire of Light seems like a good movie to watch :pensive:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,498
    Yesterday 
    MOVIE - The Banshees of Inisherin - The Empire Theatre

today

The Wrong Arm of the Law 1963 British One Sheet Poster - Posteritati Movie  Poster Gallery

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I enjoyed it. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited February 2023
    Was just ok for me.
    I’d watch anything with Paul Rudd in it.

Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,250
    Hi! said:
    I enjoyed it. 

That's a good one!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Metal Lords

Meh. Maybe 2/10 if I'm generous.
  • Options
    Tonight..

ArtStation - Alternative poster for Men by Alex Garland 2022
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    World War Z

Good zombie flick. Too bad they could never agree on a script for a sequel.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Tonight..

Oh boy. Get ready.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    World War Z

Good zombie flick. Too bad they could never agree on a script for a sequel.
    I liked it too. Look online to see the original script/ cut of the film. You’ll find out why Matthew Fox shows up for one minute. I can’t imagine putting that version onscreen.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Tonight..

Oh boy. Get ready.
    Weird??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,140
    gonna see Cocaine Bear later today...ill report back
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited February 2023
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High :lol
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Tonight..

Oh boy. Get ready.
    Weird??
    I don’t want to say too much, but yes, weird. You should definitely watch it. You’ll know what I mean when you see it.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    CROJAM95 said:
    It's on my weekend agenda.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Cocaine Bear Sunday!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,140
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    It's on my weekend agenda.
    It’s solid enough…. I was rooting for the bear

its silly, but that’s what you need sometimes 

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,861
    Bullet Train.

I thought it was great. Brad Pitt does well with comedy. I watched it on the plane to Tempe for Innings Festival.