Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,932
    Planet of the Apes
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,887
    CROJAM95 said:
    The Lost Boys
    Love that movie. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    War of the Buttons 1994 - IMDb
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Mom has said yes to a 1999 ”action film” tonight
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Mom has said yes to a 1999 ”action film” tonight
    Boondock Saints or The Mummy?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

1992: Under Siege

Under Siege is one of all the ”Die Hard on a…”-movies that works really well. Steven Seagal’s style of underacting makes him work surprisingly well against the overacting Gary Busey and the late-80s-Neil-Young looking Tommy Lee Jones. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I do like Under Siege. Tommy Lee is over the top, but great.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Dionne Warwick: Don’t Make Me Over

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    I Was Born But 1932 - IMDb
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    tbergs said:
    SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL

Well executed, great looking and high production values. But the glue of thrills, actor's chemistry and charm isn't there. The movie could have have benefited from the roles of Jason Patrick and Sandra Bullock being reversed. Have her have to do the hero-stuff and have him be slapped around by Willem Defoe. As it is now, you are watching the whole movie with a big spotlight on a Keanu Reeves stand in, which only makes your heart grow fonder of Keanu. No matter how much Patrick runs around on a cruise ship bare-chested. And I mean, with Bullock getting $12 million to return, why not use her for something else than the damsel in distress. 

Ronin's calling your name for that '98 slot. Maybe some cheesy Segal action for '91 or one of those Lethal Weapon flicks for '92.
    1991 is Point Break.  I prefer New Jack City but Point Break is more action packed.
  • Options

Under Siege is one of all the ”Die Hard on a…”-movies that works really well. Steven Seagal’s style of underacting makes him work surprisingly well against the overacting Gary Busey and the late-80s-Neil-Young looking Tommy Lee Jones. 

1992 has Army of Darkness.  Perhaps one of my all time favs.

Well-hello-mr-fancy-pants GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options

A great one! Bruce is hosting an Evil Dead 2 screening at The Caverns In Tennessee. That would be a blast!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    tbergs said:
    SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL

Well executed, great looking and high production values. But the glue of thrills, actor's chemistry and charm isn't there. The movie could have have benefited from the roles of Jason Patrick and Sandra Bullock being reversed. Have her have to do the hero-stuff and have him be slapped around by Willem Defoe. As it is now, you are watching the whole movie with a big spotlight on a Keanu Reeves stand in, which only makes your heart grow fonder of Keanu. No matter how much Patrick runs around on a cruise ship bare-chested. And I mean, with Bullock getting $12 million to return, why not use her for something else than the damsel in distress. 

Ronin's calling your name for that '98 slot. Maybe some cheesy Segal action for '91 or one of those Lethal Weapon flicks for '92.
    1991 is Point Break.  I prefer New Jack City but Point Break is more action packed.
    91 is Last Boy Scout, we already covered this.
    Point Break is a classic schlock film but it is nothing to spill a warm cup of piss over.  Damon Wayans needs SC's critiquing. 

Agree 💯 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,292

Kurt Russell!
    Hmm. Jonatan Mostow. What type of a thriller is it? Can you compare it to some other film?
    Maybe like Arlington Road or better comparison would be The River Wild?
    Ill remember it for when I do thrillers. Planning on only watching 90s films this year. 
    Only watched some of it, but this movie on Netflix reminded me of Breakdown

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    1999: END OF DAYS

This movie looks great. Has great atmosphere. It's well acted. Has cool effects. But I find it kind of surprising... that they made this specific film, and centered it around Arnold Schwarzenegger. Late-90s Nicholas Cage, Johnny Depp or whoever sure. But Arnold - even with him doing his best to come off as a "regular guy", needs another type of Satan-coming-back-to-earth movie to action-hero himself through. But its is a good movie. And the Guns N' Roses song in the end credits isn't as laughable as some try to make it out to be.

• Options

• Options

Good??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Not that good. A couple of fight scenes were poorly choreographed and executed. At times, it worked, and at other times the lines were a little cheesy. The back half was definitely better. I’ve seen far worse, but not great. Not sure how much I bought Neeson as Marlowe.

If you are dying for some noir, you are better off watching Chinatown or L.A. Confidential again.

I didn’t feel too bad since I have the AMC A list.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    I'm going to watch A Man Called Otto this evening! 
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Let us know how it is. Wife loved that book!
  • Options
    Pap said:
    SWEEEEDEEEEEEN

DRIVES A SAAAAAAAAAB
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Should watch the Swedish original instead
  • Options
    Not that good. A couple of fight scenes were poorly choreographed and executed. At times, it worked, and at other times the lines were a little cheesy. The back half was definitely better. I’ve seen far worse, but not great. Not sure how much I bought Neeson as Marlowe.

If you are dying for some noir, you are better off watching Chinatown or L.A. Confidential again.

I didn’t feel too bad since I have the AMC A list.
    Thank you but i will give it a change..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Bad Samaritan 2018 - IMDb
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    edited February 2023
    Pap said:
    SWEEEEDEEEEEEN

DRIVES A SAAAAAAAAAB
    :smiley: The American version uses an American firm. :smile: I think it's a great movie with plenty of genuinely funny moments. The whole flick is an "emotional rollercoaster" (i.e. it has a little bit of everything (comedy/psychological drama/romance). Hanks' role seems tailored for him and Treviño performs really well. It definitely deserves your time. Now I want to read the book on which it's based.
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Barb Wire isn't able to stream or rent (to stream) from anywhere here in Sweden :( 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    edited February 2023
    nvm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Barb Wire isn't able to stream or rent (to stream) from anywhere here in Sweden :( 
    Lucky for you.
    It's a hopeless situation...