PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Since the cigar money drum gets beat so hard, I thought I'd look up what exactly they sell for cigars and oh my, black and milds

2nd rate cigars for a 2nd rate baseball team.
    That's cute, Cliff.
    haha.  You're still getting Manny, a 2nd rate bush league baseball player for a 2nd rate baseball team for 2nd rate cigars. I'm not bitter.

I seriously expected something better on the cigar front though.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited January 2019
    Since the cigar money drum gets beat so hard, I thought I'd look up what exactly they sell for cigars and oh my, black and milds

They had a cigar company that was over a 100 years old and bought RJR Tobacco, which made....everything. There's essentially one company market today, Altria, which in some shady way pretty much owns everything now. Getting rich off of lung cancer isn't cool, but now the guy pretty much runs Project HOME, which is probably the best and most effective non-profit in the city if not the state and country.

And no one told you to live in a 2nd rate city, domer.

EDIT: Correction: they bought 10 brands from RJR and a nun pretty much runs HOME at the behest of Middleton. Second paragraph still stands.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on

They had a cigar company that was over a 100 years old and bought RJR Tobacco, which made....everything. There's essentially one company market today, Altria, which in some shady way pretty much owns everything now. Getting rich off of lung cancer isn't cool, but now the guy pretty much runs Project HOME, which is probably the best and most effective non-profit in the city if not the state and country.

And no one told you to live in a 2nd rate city, domer.

EDIT: Correction: they bought 10 brands from RJR and a nun pretty much runs HOME at the behest of Middleton. Second paragraph still stands.
    It's factory cigars.  So it's not all things cigars, it's really all things cheap tobacco? I can't figure out all the acquisitions though.

hahah. I didn't say anything about the city, just the baseball team, who I want to do well.
    Point still stands, Cliff - suck it.
    Also - I sincerely hope Manny ends up on the Yanks. I do.
    DUTCH MASTER MONEY

BLACK AND MILD MONEY
    Also - I sincerely hope Manny ends up on the Yanks. I do.
    Hal's poor. He needs to save the money.  Pray for him.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    DUTCH MASTER MONEY

BLACK AND MILD MONEY
    Opposed to Shallow Hal and Mr. Hankey's "We'll keep it in our pockets" money?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    so new album and tour announcement coming real soon for PJ?  'MMR hinting at it.  said as possibly as early as this week.  Citizens Bank or Wells Fargo?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    pjhawks said:
    so new album and tour announcement coming real soon for PJ?  'MMR hinting at it.  said as possibly as early as this week.  Citizens Bank or Wells Fargo?
    Some stickers and Watkins Glen.
    Don't think I can get behind a weekend festival with this sort of feel.  Sucks, but hope they would do some sort of ppv or broadcast.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    pjhawks said:
    Don't think I can get behind a weekend festival with this sort of feel.  Sucks, but hope they would do some sort of ppv or broadcast.
    Watkins glen? Like the Phish festivals?  Or Woodstock?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    pjhawks said:
    The big Woodstock 50 celebration is going to be held @ Watkins Glen.  I suspect that if Pearl Jam is playing one of them, as has been rumored, that they would play the big one and not the smaller one to be held at the original site.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:
    The big Woodstock 50 celebration is going to be held @ Watkins Glen.  I suspect that if Pearl Jam is playing one of them, as has been rumored, that they would play the big one and not the smaller one to be held at the original site.
    I imagine they will play here as well.  whether CBP or Wells Fargo not sure. Hoping Wells Fargo but I'm guessing Citizens Bank. the Phils on the West Coast about 10 days before Woodstock starts so dates could line up.  stay tuned...
    pjhawks said:
    Jesus, I am out of the loop.  There are two Woodstock festivals?  Sounds like it's jumping the shark in a hurry. I won't be within 100 miles of that mayhem.  Too old for that insanity.
    pjhawks said:
    Jesus, I am out of the loop.  There are two Woodstock festivals?  Sounds like it's jumping the shark in a hurry. I won't be within 100 miles of that mayhem.  Too old for that insanity.
    Yeah, as much as I want to keep the streak alive of seeing some form of PJ every year I cannot stomach the idea of that.  If they have a pimped out VIP package, I could probably do it.  In with the masses?  Fuck and No.

Clearly if they play CB or WF than we are stoked.
    pjhawks said:
    Yeah, as much as I want to keep the streak alive of seeing some form of PJ every year I cannot stomach the idea of that.  If they have a pimped out VIP package, I could probably do it.  In with the masses?  Fuck and No.

Clearly if they play CB or WF than we are stoked.
    Yeah, nah. Not doing that.  

I could get down with CB. Obviously love arena shows, but could go for a nice summer tailgate with an outdoor show in south philly.
    edited January 2019
    Why the fuck does this info have to be thrown at me all at once? Too much happening today. I didn't think Woodstock wasn't going to be at WG?

Can't take all of this with Harper signing with the Phils on Saturday.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    :lol:          
    My tinfoil hat is on and I am convinced of it....

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

chinese-happy.jpg

All this signing manny’s brother in law’s brother’s  husband because manny is friends with him stuff is hilarious to me. Just cut the guy a check 
    THEY'RE GETTING BOTH.
    THEY'RE GETTING BOTH.
    I thought I was bi-polar on this!
    Don't worry, next step is suicide watch.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

chinese-happy.jpg

Manny to Phillies
    Harper to Nats

Write it down.
    The Tip
    Manny to Phillies
    Harper to Nats

Write it down.
    This is where I sound like a Yankees fan - I want Harper or both. Manny interests me the least. God, I hate myself.
    My CEO and my counterpart VP are in Philly this weekend. 
    They want to 'get cheesesteaks' tomorrow.
    For fucks sake...gonna see if they will go to Barbacoa instead.  They can shove steaks up their asses.
    If they insist I think a DiNics is in order so at least I can get them a roast pork to try along with steaks.
    (Been here years ago and both ate at Pat's, so they have done the tourist thing...)

Good place somewhat close to where The Met is for pre-gaming tomorrow evening?  NFL on, beers flowing, good eats - suggestions from the locals?