Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Frustrating team. I laughed in the second game when Kruk was bitching/complaining about the stolen base that was called back cause when Bohm hit the catcher on the helmet with his bat. Stupid rule. Hopefully Phills win second game of double header
    FUCKING BULLPEN! :anguished:

why the fuck does he keep putting Workman out there? he is awful.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    I was just waiting to see how they’d blow it
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472
    You just need to win 2 of the next 4. I don't see the Marlins winning this week
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    igotid88 said:
    Man, you're killing me with your optimism. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    igotid88 said:
    Man, you're killing me with your optimism. 
    Yeah. The last thing we need is a fake Marlins fan trying to gin us up. lol

Come on 8 seed! Woo!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    In rooting for the Reds I think I would prefer 8 over 7.  
    Of course I would be happy with any spot....so many games fucked up by the bullpen - but Philly fans know more about that than anyone else for sure.

Good luck.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    If ya think the George Floyd protests turned out with some burnings and what not, I'm thinking things are about to go off the rails (again). Which I'm fine with, frankly at this point just burn the entire Earth back into molten lava. Oh, also, fuck this fuckin' mayor so hard.
  • Options
    Armed militias are already there.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Are where - here, or Louisville? At any rate, that should turn out very well then.
  • Options
    Are where - here, or Louisville? At any rate, that should turn out very well then.
    Louisville. Saw a video on twitter of these dopes walking towards the city in fatigues and carrying automatic weapons
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    I understand why you say we should vote by mail, I just think if this guy is going to leave office, he needs an election day trouncing, and I want my vote to count.  I'd be willing to pull an Andy Dufrense and crawl through 400 yards of shit, followed by 200 yards of glass followed by licking a doorknob covered in COVID to vote against this fuck.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I understand why you say we should vote by mail, I just think if this guy is going to leave office, he needs an election day trouncing, and I want my vote to count.  I'd be willing to pull an Andy Dufrense and crawl through 400 yards of shit, followed by 200 yards of glass followed by licking a doorknob covered in COVID to vote against this fuck.
    And you'll be able to do that, especially in Philly there is early voting. Or I should say "early voting". Check this shit out, pretty fucking cool. So even if you haven't requested a mail-in ballot you can do it at one of these spots (even register to vote), fill it out, return it, all at once:

https://billypenn.com/2020/09/19/philadelphia-early-voting-satellite-election-mail-drop-box-register-coronavirus-safety-city-commissioners/
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Haha
    Awesome.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Yup. I mean he literally said he wanted to throw ballots out. This could get ugly
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,477
    pjhawks said:
    Yup. I mean he literally said he wanted to throw ballots out. This could get ugly
    I'll be shocked if it isn't ugly. He's setting it up for it to be ugly.

Yeah, throw out ballots and taking it to the Supreme Court by crying it's a Scam by the Demos.(The MAIN reason he wants get the next judge before the election.)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    I'll be shocked if it isn't ugly. He's setting it up for it to be ugly.

Yeah, throw out ballots and taking it to the Supreme Court by crying it's a Scam by the Demos.(The MAIN reason he wants get the next judge before the election.)
    I mean he's already planning on it: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/what-if-trump-refuses-concede/616424/

Plenty of Doomsday in there if you really want to lose your shit today. Only saving grace can be the State Supreme Court, and this:

"Article VII, Pennsylvania Constitution:
         § 13.  Contested elections.
    The trial and determination of contested elections of
    electors of President and Vice-President, members of the General
    Assembly, and of all public officers, whether State, judicial,
    municipal or local, and contests involving questions submitted
    to the electors at any election shall be by the courts of law,
    or by one or more of the law judges thereof. The General
    Assembly shall, by general law, designate the courts and judges
    by whom the several classes of election contests shall be tried,
    and regulate the manner of trial and all matters incident
    thereto; but no such law assigning jurisdiction, or regulating
    its exercise, shall apply to any contest arising out of an
    election held before its passage."
  • Options
    Really hope to see videos like these flooding the airwaves asap
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Really hope to see videos like these flooding the airwaves asap
    Do your part, sir. Too many people follow the Facebooks as their lifeline of news. I'm talking about the olds.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    Lotta choppers tonight 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    This team is a fucking disgrace. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

You still have a chance 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

You still have a chance 
    At what? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

You still have a chance 
    At what? 
    The 8th spot. You need to win these next 2 to have a chance.  And San Francisco,  Milwaukee, and the Mets to lose all their games
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    You guys and the Mets have the best chance at upsetting the Dodgers if you make it in
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    So does Girardi get to pick his GM?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

You still have a chance 
    At what? 
    The 8th spot. You need to win these next 2 to have a chance.  And San Francisco,  Milwaukee, and the Mets to lose all their games
    Ooooooh! The coveted 8 seed in baseball!!’

Yes! Fuck 2020
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

You still have a chance 
    At what? 
    Ooooooh! The coveted 8 seed in baseball!!’

Yes! Fuck 2020
    Better than nothing
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    They ain’t making the playoffs unfortunately. :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The postseason standings still don't have them as eliminated. If the Giants win. Then they definitely will be
    I miss igotid88