PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
I think this should take care of any discrepancies in title name......

Talk amongst yaselves....

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What happened to the other jawn? :))
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    JK_Livin said:

One can only assume...

So, yeah, onward and upward....and always twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Anyway, looking to be a bee-yoo-tee-full day in the city tomorrow for some day bar action. No better way to spend a nice day than drinking it away under the sun...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576

JK_Livin said:

One can only assume...

Anyway, looking to be a bee-yoo-tee-full day in the city tomorrow for some day bar action. No better way to spend a nice day than drinking it away under the sun...
    Speaking of, you hear about this new beer garden by Independence Hall, seating for up to 300 or so at the Rohm & Hass building? Sounds pretty sweet.

JK_Livin said:

One can only assume...

Speaking of, you hear about this new beer garden by Independence Hall, seating for up to 300 or so at the Rohm & Hass building? Sounds pretty sweet.
    YES.

Know the best part of this, Cliff? My new gig is right acrosse the street. Game-changer I tells ya.

JK_Livin said:

One can only assume...

YES.

Know the best part of this, Cliff? My new gig is right acrosse the street. Game-changer I tells ya.
    Yessir, I thought about that just as I was posting it. Can't beat that
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    WTF,I just noticed this. Can't say i'm shocked who got another thread closed. Oh well Go Phils.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Phillies are getting staph infection. hahahah

I know. It's now bordering on hilarity.

Is staph the same as mrsa? Gross.
    edited March 2014

I think mrsa is a form, but I really have no clue. Philly.com has him having mrsa. Yeah, gross
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on

I think mrsa is a form, but I really have no clue. Philly.com has him having mrsa. Yeah, gross
    I think there's no getting rid of mrsa in Florida since it's always dewey (a word?) and humid, and just seems like a gigantic petri dish.

Moral of the story is Florida sucks balls.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    if they spent as much time giving a shit as they do closing threads.....:fp:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Please note, I'm not on twitter and I don't understand it and I occasionally joke about. Please do not take offense.

Go. Phils. MRSA!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    My #1 reason for going to the ballpark this year - all of this sounds delicious...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/the-insider/Citizens-Bank-Park-lineup-Poutine-mussels.html

I gotta say, CBP never disappoints.
    I really don't know why they let Frandsen go (and now is staying within the division). I can only figure they want more room to keep younger guys like Hernandez on the roster, at least I hope. If Hernandez ends up picking up CF, then I don't see why he can't be a super-utility guy playing all three OF positions, 2nd, 3rd, and maybe a little SS in a pinch. Dude's got a decent approach at the plate, plus speed.

I really don't know why they let Frandsen go (and now is staying within the division). I can only figure they want more room to keep younger guys like Hernandez on the roster, at least I hope. If Hernandez ends up picking up CF, then I don't see why he can't be a super-utility guy playing all three OF positions, 2nd, 3rd, and maybe a little SS in a pinch. Dude's got a decent approach at the plate, plus speed.

i think this paves the way towards amaro trading for michael martinez. it's just not the same without him on this team.
    chinese-happy.jpg

i think this paves the way towards amaro trading for michael martinez. it's just not the same without him on this team.
    I mean he is killing it with the Pirates, I believe....

Aw, man. No Bobby Abreu.

Aw, man. No Bobby Abreu.

Pretty pretty pritt teeeee pissed.
    Did Fixer get banned?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Did Fixer get banned?

I believe this looks to be the case. Honestly, I don't see how bad it was. Do they actually monitor these threads now?

JK_Livin said:

Did Fixer get banned?

I believe this looks to be the case. Honestly, I don't see how bad it was. Do they actually monitor these threads now?
    I thought what he said in the Eagles thread was worse. The stuff about Chip's possible sexuality.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Did Fixer get banned?

I thought what he said in the Eagles thread was worse. The stuff about Chip's possible sexuality.
    I know I come across as an ahole sometimes but some of the stuff that guys says it's hard to believe it's an adult and not a 14 year old saying it. that kind of stuff is baffling. must be lack of meds or something.

I know I say this every year but what is the point of the on-deck series and who would attend these games?
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Did Fixer get banned?

I know I come across as an ahole sometimes but some of the stuff that guys says it's hard to believe it's an adult and not a 14 year old saying it. that kind of stuff is baffling. must be lack of meds or something.

I know I say this every year but what is the point of the on-deck series and who would attend these games?
    My sister in law ran in the Phillies 5K and they gave everyone tickets to these games. Without freebies the place may be empty and the weather isn't helping.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Did Fixer get banned?

My sister in law ran in the Phillies 5K and they gave everyone tickets to these games. Without freebies the place may be empty and the weather isn't helping.
    Every year I swap this game for a regular season game. Really don't understand why people would go down to a night game in March, or spend their Saturday watching pretend baseball. After 2004 they should've ended it.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,768
    Haven't been here in awhile and it's worse than I thought. My head hurts. Anyway, Go Phil's!!!!
    And to whom it applies -
    FY for fucking this forum up.
    Take me for a ride before we leave . . .adios
    and now we have the other nix.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    This team BLOWS
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited March 2014
    artificial islands off jersey coast?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/20140329_ap_1e8e64f34e79453995e001fecbadea40.html

not sure this is the way to go but at least they're thinking outside the box. would kinda suck to have a coast line with no real waves though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    ah Opening Day. always good no matter what the expectations. at least it signals true warm weather is almost here.

artificial islands off jersey coast?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/20140329_ap_1e8e64f34e79453995e001fecbadea40.html

not sure this is the way to go but at least they're thinking outside the box. would kinda suck to have a coast line with no real waves though...

Something has to be done. Sandy aside, anyone who thinks that better dunes are the answer to the eroding coastline on the east coast are very much mistaken. The outer banks are a much bigger conversation. The amount of technology and money that it is going to take to keep those things there in 10-20 years is going to be insane.

I love how surfers are against this and there is a group against higher flood insurance. That is pretty fucking comical. One of the worst investments I think you can make is beach front property on the east coast at this point.

I don't know if this is the answer based on this article. I am sure people are looking at shipping and environmental impacts, but something has to be done. I absolutely love the outer banks, but I am at a loss as to what to do there. There is sooooooo much money there but I have no idea how they are going to maintain it.