Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, I mean you're a reasonable, logical person, though. I think the play is he'll recover and be like, "NO BIG DEAL. IT'S A HOAX! FIGHT BACK ON THESE "EXPERTS" AND RESTORE THIS GREAT COUNTRY BY VOTING FOR ME!"

But I get it - this shouldn't help him. But predicit.org, which is one of the three sources I use to stay sane, had Biden drop by two (edit: three, actually, so far) cents today.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, I mean you're a reasonable, logical person, though. I think the play is he'll recover and be like, "NO BIG DEAL. IT'S A HOAX! FIGHT BACK ON THESE "EXPERTS" AND RESTORE THIS GREAT COUNTRY BY VOTING FOR ME!"

But I get it - this shouldn't help him. But predicit.org, which is one of the three sources I use to stay sane, had Biden drop by two (edit: three, actually, so far) cents today.
    There will be initial sympathy for him but it won't work. If this was the guy who did everything right and listened to the experts, yeah, I could see something like this potentially helping. But with Trump, all this does is point out his idiocy. He was making fun of Biden's mask wearing habits three days ago in the debate, while his dumb family sat nearby refusing to wear their masks. 

Plus, everyone is going through the timeline of events this week. Hicks got it on Wednesday, yet Trump went ahead with that fundraiser yesterday, knowingly putting those people at risk .We probably would not even know about this if some reporter from Bloomberg didn't get tipped off about Hicks. I think, as long as doesn't get super sick, this stuff will be the main storyline.

And Boris Johnson's numbers initially went up and then tanked when his positive test came out. That guy is Trump 2.0 in the UK so I would expect something similar here. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,208
    edited October 2020
    I honestly can't see how this is good for him in any way.  I don't think there's any spin they can put on it.  200k people are dead and now probably the most powerful person in the world who is responsible for this country has it because he has downplayed it at every turn.

All Biden has to say is that you downplayed it and now put the country at risk in the highest order.  
    they will try to delay the election now because he can't campaign for at least 2 weeks.

And agree with Jearlpam, if he comes out of it with no issues he will just further downplay it as a Hoax
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,636
    There is no way they should delay the election for a hoax.  What a bunch of idiots

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    pjhawks said:
    I honestly can't see how this is good for him in any way.  I don't think there's any spin they can put on it.  200k people are dead and now probably the most powerful person in the world who is responsible for this country has it because he has downplayed it at every turn.

All Biden has to say is that you downplayed it and now put the country at risk in the highest order.  
    they will try to delay the election now because he can't campaign for at least 2 weeks.

And agree with Jearlpam, if he comes out of it with no issues he will just further downplay it as a Hoax
    A 74 year old obese man, who is already losing seniors at a much greater clip than four years ago, cannot call it a hoax now after contracting it. Seniors are legitimately scared of this virus and for good reason. I mean, sure he might/probably say it because he is stupid. But it will not help. A 44 year old Trump would have an easier time making that argument in the same circumstance. 

If I were Trump I would do a full comeuppance. I would come out and talk about how important masks and social distancing really is. I would admit he didn't take all the proper precautions. I would say something like "if it happened to me, it can happen to you." That kind of stuff.

He will never do this, of course.
     He's in capable of even faking empathy. But I think that is the only play that will work for him to turn this into a lasting advantage rather than an initial surge of sympathy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    You're not far off. Because the way I've been interpreting the overall electorate in the run up of the election is this dipshit would win if he just handled this whole situation like 5% better, which is fucking pathetic.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    There is no way they should delay the election for a hoax.  What a bunch of idiots

It's impossible unless congress passes a law, I think.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Paywall article from TPM:

"  By Josh Marshall
     |
     October 2, 2020 12:24 p.m.
     The timeline of events leading up to the disclosure of President Trump’s diagnosis point overwhelmingly to some mix of a coverup and gross negligence and likely both.
     Let’s review some key facts, as far as we presently know them.
     The New Jersey Trip
     Yesterday morning Hope Hicks received test results showing she was COVID positive. It’s not clear when the test was administered (we’ll get to that in a moment). But she received the confirmed positive test yesterday morning before Trump left for a campaign/fundraiser trip to New Jersey. On that trip Trump was frequently observed unmasked, including in an indoor roundtable meeting. He appears to have exposed dozens of people during that trip.
     It is clear that the President’s medical staff and top staff (and almost certainly the President himself) knew before leaving on that trip that he had been exposed to COVID. But he went anyway and exposed dozens more.
     That was at a minimum an act of gross irresponsibility.
     As I’ll note in a moment it also suggests the strong possibility that the White House tried to keep the whole situation secret.
     Who Infected Who and When?
     Most people are assuming that Hicks infected President Trump. But based on what we know that’s not the only or even the most likely scenario. Indeed, their infections being discovered so close in time makes it probably more likely that some other person or persons infected both of them. But there are details here that don’t add up.
     We’ve been led to believe that the President and the people around him are tested either daily or close to daily. The White House medical staff have both the rapid saliva tests which take on the order of 15 minutes or so and the PCR tests which a dedicated lab can turn around in something like an hour and a half. If these tests are being done that frequently there should never been more than hours between someone becoming virus positive (and thus infectious) and tripping off a test.
     We know that you can be infectious before becoming symptomatic. Indeed there’s significant evidence that you’re more infectious before developing symptoms. But your infectiousness is about your viral load. A significant viral load should trip off a test.
     But here’s the problem. We don’t just know Trump, Melania Trump and Hicks are COVID-positive. They all appear to be actively symptomatic, sick. Presumably their symptoms are currently mild. But it is unlikely that all three people reached viral levels capable of testing positive and became actively sick on the same day.
     This throws into some question whether the top people at the White House, including the President, are actually being tested on a daily basis. It also suggests that these three and likely others have been infectious and possibly actively sick for a significant period of time. There’s some mix of failed surveillance and/or secrecy about what the surveillance has found.
     Were They Keeping It a Secret?
     A critical part of this equation is that the White House didn’t come forward with any of this. Jennifer Jacobs of Bloomberg News learned that Hicks had tested positive and reported that last night. That immediately focused attention on the President’s exposure and forced the overnight disclosure of his illness. Were they planning on disclosing that Hicks had tested positive? That is at best unclear. They hadn’t disclosed that Ronna McDaniel, the head of the RNC who met with Trump last week, tested positive. We just found that out this morning. And what about Trump himself? Trump had repeatedly traveled with Hicks. Her diagnosis Thursday morning should have led to President Trump’s being immediately tested and possibly diagnosed yesterday morning or at the latest in the afternoon. But news reports last night suggested – though without saying so directly – that they were being tested and waiting on results last night.
     This timeline has serious holes in it.
     This is a crisis situation. Things can get confused. And because it is a crisis situation we can’t assume that all the reporting we have is complete or entirely accurate. We can’t point with total confidence to the contradiction between two apparent facts. Because none of them are that certain. But there are lots of indications that the White House was trying to keep this information under wraps and possibly endangered the lives of numerous people in doing so, including that of the President himself and possibly his challenger Vice President Biden."
  • Options
    Pretty sure the Rose Garden announcement of ACB for SCOTUS is the impetus of this, which has some irony to it somewhere.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,208

Doesn't mean it won't be a talking point.  since when has rules mattered to his base?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Doesn't mean it won't be a talking point.  since when has rules mattered to his base?
    Lol....good luck convincing the dem controlled house to go along with something as outlandish as that.

Plus as a talking about, to me that makes Trump seem even weaker than he already is. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,443
    Part of me thinks it's all a hoax. I mean he lies about everything he says/tweets. Maybe t get the sympathy vote, or to get out of debating or to say he cured the virus or some stupid shit like that
    It does make you wonder if it is a hoax(How can we not think that with the BS that comes from him?)

Not sure if this person was serious at the time or not. But, if he was, he nailed it. (I think most people of Brazil didn't believe Bolsonaro had it?)

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Soooo, full blown conspiracy...

1. He is in rough shape. He hasn't tweeted, been on any sort of video, etc.  If he was in okay shape, he'd be chomping to tweet. You know his cult is dying to hear from him.

2. People keep saying it's fake.  The only reason this would be fake is he knows he's going to lose huge and this is his excuse.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,636
    He could be hunkered down, listening to Pearl Jam's new song......Get it Back....on repeat.

Doubtful 
    First 2/3 is boring, but the ending is cool.

• Options
    He could be hunkered down, listening to Pearl Jam's new song......Get it Back....on repeat.

Doubtful 
    First 2/3 is boring, but the ending is cool.

Wait there is a new song?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Uh uh

Words and Music: Matt Cameron

That's never a good sign. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Hahaha.  The end is cool.  Best I can say but I've only listened once.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    Sweet 
    Who was the tweet from?

Anna Kendrik. They gave me four possible answers. I just guessed on it.
    Nice. What kind of beer?
    Sly Fox Alex's Lemon Wheat

Was able to drive down today and pick it up outside the studio in the parking lot. Wasn’t expecting to get two cases. Will have to give it a try tonight.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    You call a twelve pack a case?

Anyone else?

To me, a case has always been 24.
  • Options

Anyone else?

i never really thought about it. What would you call it if i just had a 12 pack? Wouldn't that be a case since that's what they are in? Or is that called something else?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    You Are is a great song you ingrates.
  • Options

Anyone else?

i never really thought about it. What would you call it if i just had a 12 pack? Wouldn't that be a case since that's what they are in? Or is that called something else?
    Well I can't say for everyone else but I did work in a store that sold beer back when I was in high school....and the names were Half or Twelve Pack or Twelver for those.
    A Case was always a 24 pack....Suitcase was what some called the can version.  

Perhaps others in other areas called a twelve pack a case....why I asked .

At SC, we had a foosball tournament called Race For The Case.  Each team for a case of beer to start with....kind of a dumb name since you didn't get any prize when you finished the case or anything.

Also we used to Drink a Case when we went on trips around that same age.  Was always that each guy got a case and it was 24.  Some of us finished much faster than others.  ;)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    6 Pack, 12 Pack and case before they atrted doing 18 and 20 and 69 and whatever they do now. Case was definitely 24.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    And yeah the suitcase was the case (24) of cans that had a handle that you could carry like a suitcase.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, a case is 24, or two 12 packs.

Suitcase. I've never heard this. Same as New England their use of "Package stores".
  • Options

Anyone else?

Well I can't say for everyone else but I did work in a store that sold beer back when I was in high school....and the names were Half or Twelve Pack or Twelver for those.
    A Case was always a 24 pack....Suitcase was what some called the can version.  

Perhaps others in other areas called a twelve pack a case....why I asked .

At SC, we had a foosball tournament called Race For The Case.  Each team for a case of beer to start with....kind of a dumb name since you didn't get any prize when you finished the case or anything.

Also we used to Drink a Case when we went on trips around that same age.  Was always that each guy got a case and it was 24.  Some of us finished much faster than others.  ;)

ok well i learned something new today then :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, a case is 24, or two 12 packs.

Suitcase. I've never heard this. Same as New England their use of "Package stores".
    It was a Budweiser marketing idea, don't know if they still sell them (gave up alcohol a long time ago), and to get your New England vernacular spot on, they are "Packies".  ;)

See the two openings where you can grab like handles and carry like a suitcase

• Options
    I feel like this is showing the age of some of you pricks.

I'm sorry, I'll never get the vernacular down since I think I'd need the accent to go along.

• Options

I'm sorry, I'll never get the vernacular down since I think I'd need the accent to go along.

You're wicked smaht, you could get it down.