Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,795
    edited October 2020
    Ya see to me a lame duck nomination is the same as after the election. Keep in mind this thing isn't gonna be called for at least a couple of weeks. But I look forward to the optics of it all.
    I think the odds have increased that it will be called sooner than that. Fingers crossed though!
    It may have but the civil war slant is very much in play. As I've been saying from the beginning - especially now that this new poll for PA coming out showing only 12% of Rs are voting by mail - that how this will go is: Fuckface still gets out to a huge lead on election night, then an absolute tsunami of mail in ballots come in and he gets beat. He comes out and screams RIGGED and to his Proud Boys he told to standby will now be given the word to take the law into their own hands.

On a semi-related note - our ward leader told me there's a chance these dipshits with assault weapons show up out outside some of the polls to intimidate and suppress the vote. Gonna be a fun day.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    Yeah, but JP, if Biden wins by 3-4% (he's up 6% now), it will be a hell of a lot more difficult for Trump to claim it was rigged. If it's within 1% or so like last time, sure. But a lot of good polling for Joe lately in our commonwealth. I'd imagine that will continue at this point...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, but JP, if Biden wins by 3-4% (he's up 6% now), it will be a hell of a lot more difficult for Trump to claim it was rigged. If it's within 1% or so like last time, sure. But a lot of good polling for Joe lately in our commonwealth. I'd imagine that will continue at this point...
    I do not think it will be as close as it was last time. Now, I could be completely wrong for sure, but I'll be completely surprised if he wins by anything more than 2%. This state is awful - there's also the chance of this: https://www.spotlightpa.org/news/2020/09/pa-election-integrity-committee-house-republicans-voting/

Really, really, really hope we flip the house at the state level - I'd argue we need that more than at the federal level for so many reasons.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I do not think it will be as close as it was last time. Now, I could be completely wrong for sure, but I'll be completely surprised if he wins by anything more than 2%. This state is awful - there's also the chance of this: https://www.spotlightpa.org/news/2020/09/pa-election-integrity-committee-house-republicans-voting/

Really, really, really hope we flip the house at the state level - I'd argue we need that more than at the federal level for so many reasons.
    Even 2% would be tough for him to challenge. That's like 120,000 votes. 

I can't believe we are under a month. These last four years have felt like a couple decades. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I don't think it's going to particularly close on election day at this point. It could change, but I don't see it.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I mean don't have to go too far back to Florida in 2000 for ~100k votes. EDIT: I should say the Dems wanted to recount over 100k I believe.

I distinctly remember Election Day four years ago. It was one beautiful day....and then it wasn't, haha.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    I don't think it's going to particularly close on election day at this point. It could change, but I don't see it.
    Sooooo many mail in ballots. Definitely not going to be able to decipher anything. If the news that night reports it correctly then I'd feel better about it but they won't. If it says "Trump leading with 5% of precincts reporting", then that would make sense, but I have no faith in it being reported correctly.
  • Options
    He is done. This decision to leave the hospital just compounds it. Whatever the base number is, he's going to get that and he's not going to get another vote.

The news does report at the precinct level.

Hillary was different.  Barring something insane, this race is over.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,636
    Don't we see something insane every day?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Don't we see something insane every day?
    Yes, which is why it the last four years has felt like decades.
  • Options
    lol I was reading this drug/steroid is given to chemo patients and they're explicitly told not to believe that the energy boost they feel is permanent. On top of that old people with Covid can literally do a 180 in how they feel overnight.

I actually had to look those tweets up to see if they were real. And, my god, they are. Yeesh.
  • Options
    Leaving is one thing, but to tweet "don't worry about covid" when 200,000 have died and millions have been infected, WHILE you're in the hospital you were airlifted to is just fucking beyond the pale. 

I feel a lot better than I did a week ago. Wish we can just fast forward 4 weeks though, cuz who knows what else is gonna happen.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So after all this, and looking at my main sources for all this stuff - 538, 270towin, The Economist model, and PredictIt - I really really really don't wanna say landslide. Not yet, but like this is all making me think he just doesn't want to do it anymore and he's doing everything in his power to sabotage himself.

But whatever, if the Dems lock down all branches on the ballot they really gotta stop being the feckless dipshits they are and start stepping on some throats.

I really gotta stop thinking about this shit because I do not want to feel good right now.
  • Options
    So after all this, and looking at my main sources for all this stuff - 538, 270towin, The Economist model, and PredictIt - I really really really don't wanna say landslide. Not yet, but like this is all making me think he just doesn't want to do it anymore and he's doing everything in his power to sabotage himself.

But whatever, if the Dems lock down all branches on the ballot they really gotta stop being the feckless dipshits they are and start stepping on some throats.

I really gotta stop thinking about this shit because I do not want to feel good right now.
    He's got his excuse. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden up 10, 7 and 7 in PA in most recent three polls...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PredictIt has him up to 74c, up 3 cents today. That's crazy. If anyone's gonna throw money around - Al Gross in AK is worth the underdog price.
  • Options
    HA now he's calling off relief bill talks before the election (but NOT SCOTUS nominations!). This guy is definitely taking his ball and going home.
  • Options
    HA now he's calling off relief bill talks before the election (but NOT SCOTUS nominations!). This guy is definitely taking his ball and going home.
    100%.  He wants his SC pick to go through and for that to be his legacy...3 picks.  
  • Options
    I'm telling you guys, we may not have as long a wait as we think to know who wins this thing. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    100%.  He wants his SC pick to go through and for that to be his legacy...3 picks.  
    Lame duck president, lame duck senate making decisions that affect the next 50 years. Makes perfect sense. Pack the fucking court.
  • Options
    Updated: White House drops objections to the FDA regarding a vaccine, which will most likely not have any shot of being out before the Election.

GEE I WONDER WHY HE PULLED OUT OF RELIEF BILL TALKS.

My god now this is a fucking swamp.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,208
    WMMR having PJ announcement on Saturday at Noon.  Having a PJ weekend.  Promo on their website has the Spectrum shows art work so maybe live stream video from 2009 shows?
  • Options
    Should've been at a few shows by now. Gimme somethin! Anything!
  • Options
    Annnd the hits just keep on fucking coming in 2020. RIP Kim Batiste.
  • Options
    Good stuff:

• Options
    Good stuff:

Honestly not sure if I hate Pence more than I hate Lantern Flies
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Doesn't get much better than this call. RIP 

Also---the Vet never looked better than during that '93 post season). I miss that dump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoQNXrWt9mo
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    edited October 2020
    Doesn't get much better than this call. RIP 

Also---the Vet never looked better than during that '93 post season). I miss that dump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoQNXrWt9mo

iRIP, didn't even know he passed until I saw your post on facebook. Got chills listening to that.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    What the fuck? Matt Cord is on MGK now? This is a strange world we are living in.