Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited October 2018
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Most of the time a man can't even go out with his male buddies and have drinks or play golf or whatever without getting the third degree from "the wife."  This is why I stay single.
    Sadly, this is accurate for most. I’d divorce my wife if she was this way. Although, I knew she wasn’t which is one of the many reasons that I married her. :) 
    My wife definitely doesn't give me the third degree when I am hanging out with my buddies.  Every year we have a guys trip somewhere (snowboarding, nd football game, cabin in the woods with beer olympics) and she is cool with all that.  But no girls lol.  
    Your digging yourself into a hole regarding this. Haha. 

Everyone is just waiting for the ball to drop, and you realizing there is insecurity and jealousy in your relationship. Which is okey. 
    Not me, I am waiting for everyone to understand that every relationship works by its own rules (at least the best ones, imo) and stfu about it.  [Especially people who are unhappily married, divorced, or otherwise single.  It works for him.  Bunch a know-it-alls here.]
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Most of the time a man can't even go out with his male buddies and have drinks or play golf or whatever without getting the third degree from "the wife."  This is why I stay single.
    Sadly, this is accurate for most. I’d divorce my wife if she was this way. Although, I knew she wasn’t which is one of the many reasons that I married her. :) 
    My wife definitely doesn't give me the third degree when I am hanging out with my buddies.  Every year we have a guys trip somewhere (snowboarding, nd football game, cabin in the woods with beer olympics) and she is cool with all that.  But no girls lol.  

Everyone is just waiting for the ball to drop, and you realizing there is insecurity and jealousy in your relationship. Which is okey. 
    Not me, I am waiting for everyone to understand that every relationship works by its own rules (at least the best ones, imo) and stfu about it.  [Especially people who are unhappily married, divorced, or otherwise single.  It works for him.  Bunch a know-it-alls here.]
    But no one is talking about it working or not, or criticize that different relationships have different rules. Please re-read the conversation.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10 said:
    In my head I am going through all my friends and family and literally none of them have friends of the opposite gender. Maybe you guys are in the minority, not me. 
    Swedish artist Thåström had his big (solo) comeback in 1999 with his album "It's you that are the weird ones. It's me that is normal". Great album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm12UcnP7m8
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Seriously I have the best relationship ever. I have no clue why I am on the stand. This it works for us. I have zero interest in having female relationships or meeting another woman at the bar. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Seriously I have the best relationship ever. I have no clue why I am on the stand. This it works for us. I have zero interest in having female relationships or meeting another woman at the bar. 
    And I'm usually meeting people, and not sexes. 

To me interesting/cool people are not based on gender.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

But no one is talking about it working or not, or criticize that different relationships have different rules. Please re-read the conversation.
    It's like you can't let go, you keep going on and on about the same thing. Why ?? 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    In my head I am going through all my friends and family and literally none of them have friends of the opposite gender. Maybe you guys are in the minority, not me. 
    I never claimed you were in the minority. I said the exact opposite. What I'm saying is that that is all due to jealousy and a lack of trust, and, apparently, an enduring and disturbing inequality between men and women on a social level (aka "not interest" in being friends with women... why? I dunno. You don't like women enough, unless you can have sex with them?), and, apparently, fear of their inability to not want to fuck anything that doesn't have the same genitalia. I really just think anyone can carry this viewpoint and claim that is has nothing to do with any of those things.
    Sorry, that was a rant I guess, but I actually find this whole concept of separating the sexes in terms of platonic friendship rather insulting.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 
    This 'I know what works best for you (and everyone else) yet I am single' is blahblahblah. 

edited October 2018
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 
    This 'I know what works best for you (and everyone else) yet I am single' is blahblahblah. 

I would like to clarify that that is NOT what I'm saying. I'm simply discussing the concept of men and women being friends and debating the justifications behind this that Scruffy's offering up because I think many, many men would come up with the same reasons, and I want to explore them. But FWIW, most middle ages single people were not always single. We are also surrounded by people in relationships. We do actually know what we're talking about a lot of the time when it comes to relationship dynamics in general. But no, not about each individual's relationship, when we don't even know the person, lol. I did think S_C's comment about it was out of line.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

What about another man at the bar?

No judgements, just askin'.  ;)

:lol:
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

I ll meet you for pizza and beer anytime. ;)
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

I ll meet you for pizza and beer anytime. ;)
    Now, we are cooking with gas!
    Yes
    I have never in my life heard of a platonic friendship between a man and a woman starting by meeting each other at a bar, lol.
    So this weekend I'm taking a good married male friend out for his birthday (his lovely wife, who I get along great with, has to stay home because they have a special needs child, who I sometimes babysit when they go out for date night together). I'm thinking about a movie - what's really good that's in theatres right now?
    If he drinks too much to feel comfortable driving home, he'll crash on my couch, as he often does when we go out on the town. Sometimes his wife drops him off and picks him up in the morning so he doesn't have to worry about the car at all.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    Some people like to be ridden as if they are were horses. I know it's true because I saw it on TV once.

Every relationship is different. Who are we to judge?

While I might find it odd that a number of gentlemen here don't hang out with women who aren't their significant others for whatever their reasons may be, I don't feel the need to condemn them or put them in a box constructed out of pseudo-psychology and glued shut with faux feminism for it. I do feel that they are missing out, but they don't. And that's fine.

The Dude abides.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Yes
    dankind said:
    Some people like to be ridden as if they are were horses. I know it's true because I saw it on TV once.

While I might find it odd that a number of gentlemen here don't hang out with women who aren't their significant others for whatever their reasons may be, I don't feel the need to condemn them or put them in a box constructed out of pseudo-psychology and glued shut with faux feminism for it. I do feel that they are missing out, but they don't. And that's fine.

The Dude abides.
    You are just miserable because you have shitty pizza all around you. 
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

The Dude abides.
    Dick.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    No
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

I would like to clarify that that is NOT what I'm saying. I'm simply discussing the concept of men and women being friends and debating the justifications behind this that Scruffy's offering up because I think many, many men would come up with the same reasons, and I want to explore them. But FWIW, most middle ages single people were not always single. We are also surrounded by people in relationships. We do actually know what we're talking about a lot of the time when it comes to relationship dynamics in general. But no, not about each individual's relationship, when we don't even know the person, lol. I did think S_C's comment about it was out of line.
    This wasn't out of line?
    Everyone is just waiting for the ball to drop, and you realizing there is insecurity and jealousy in your relationship.

I would reply with a heaping bowl of 'Suck Blue!' if some armchair psychologist tried to lay that garbage on me.

Sorry, all are free, of course, to go back to the repetition of the same argument, I am leaving now to hit a "pizza" bar up north and meet McGruff. 

As a great poster once shared:
    look into the mirrow, thats the stupid child over there.
    Haults Maul!

Yes
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

The Dude abides.
    Dick.
    Let’s go dodgers!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2018
    Annafalk said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

It's like you can't let go, you keep going on and on about the same thing. Why ?? 
    Because people are bringing up things that are interesting to discuss, on a message board which are meant for discussing things - mostly things that people bring up that you can discuss, on this message board where users discuss. 

And the topic in this thread which you paint me as not being able to let go is as follows. 

Sammanfattning (summary):

A: Doing things with someone of the opposite gender is not normal. I do not do that in my relationship.
    B: And why is that? Why is it not normal?
    A: I don't do it.
    B: Why is it that way in your relationship - does it spring from jealously or insecurity?
    A: No. It just is that way. My marriage is perfect. 

"It just is that way" is not why it is that way - that would be a pretty weird reason for being completely anti hanging out with someone because of their gender. There is obviously a reason for it. The relationship being perfect or not.

And the topic was started by someone else, directed at me and about how I engage with the opposite sex i relations to A Nightmare on Elm Street from 1984, directed by wes Craven and starring Heather Langenkamp, John Saxon, Johnny Depp and as Fred Krueger Robert Englund. And then it is just normal on this thing called a "message board" for me to engage in the conversation and ask questions back That sounds pretty reasonable on a - message board.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    No

No

• Why the fuck are you posting a GIF from the shitty remake?
    No

Why the fuck are you posting a GIF from the shitty remake?
    That did not happen in the original?
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

The Dude abides.
    Dick.
    Let’s go dodgers!
    That's it! Where's this pizza date with @F Me In The Brain going on? I'm dropping by with one of my NYC lady friends to kick you squarely in the ass and steal a slice. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    No
    Club Tickle

they serve pizza in the back

Yes
    I'll kick you both in the pickle at Club Tickle!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Yes
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

The Dude abides.
    Dick.
    Let’s go dodgers!
    That's it! Where's this pizza date with @F Me In The Brain going on? I'm dropping by with one of my NYC lady friends to kick you squarely in the ass and steal a slice. 
    You wouldn't know a good slice if hit you squarely in the nads.  Have you been ordering domino's or pizza hut lately?
  • Anyone else getting problems with the forum shutting down fro maintance?
    No
    dankind said:
    I'll kick you both in the pickle at Club Tickle!

• Why the fuck are you posting a GIF from the shitty remake?
    That did not happen in the original?
    Original: