Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Why the fuck are you posting GIFs from the terrible The Dream Child? 

:P 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Most of the time a man can't even go out with his male buddies and have drinks or play golf or whatever without getting the third degree from "the wife."  This is why I stay single.
    Sadly, this is accurate for most. I’d divorce my wife if she was this way. Although, I knew she wasn’t which is one of the many reasons that I married her. :) 
    My wife definitely doesn't give me the third degree when I am hanging out with my buddies.  Every year we have a guys trip somewhere (snowboarding, nd football game, cabin in the woods with beer olympics) and she is cool with all that.  But no girls lol.  
    Your digging yourself into a hole regarding this. Haha. 

Everyone is just waiting for the ball to drop, and you realizing there is insecurity and jealousy in your relationship. Which is okey. 
    Not me, I am waiting for everyone to understand that every relationship works by its own rules (at least the best ones, imo) and stfu about it.  [Especially people who are unhappily married, divorced, or otherwise single.  It works for him.  Bunch a know-it-alls here.]
    Seriously I have the best relationship ever. I have no clue why I am on the stand. This it works for us. I have zero interest in having female relationships or meeting another woman at the bar. 
    Rock your relationship. 
    This 'I know what works best for you (and everyone else) yet I am single' is blahblahblah. 

I would like to clarify that that is NOT what I'm saying. I'm simply discussing the concept of men and women being friends and debating the justifications behind this that Scruffy's offering up because I think many, many men would come up with the same reasons, and I want to explore them. But FWIW, most middle ages single people were not always single. We are also surrounded by people in relationships. We do actually know what we're talking about a lot of the time when it comes to relationship dynamics in general. But no, not about each individual's relationship, when we don't even know the person, lol. I did think S_C's comment about it was out of line.
    This wasn't out of line?
    Everyone is just waiting for the ball to drop, and you realizing there is insecurity and jealousy in your relationship.

I would reply with a heaping bowl of 'Suck Blue!' if some armchair psychologist tried to lay that garbage on me.

Sorry, all are free, of course, to go back to the repetition of the same argument, I am leaving now to hit a "pizza" bar up north and meet McGruff. 

As a great poster once shared:
    look into the mirrow, thats the stupid child over there.
    Haults Maul!

Armchair psychologists crack me up but at no point did I get angry.  Like I said, to each their own. I can't for the life of me understand married couples having separate savings and checking accounts.  Like you pay the mortgage and I pay for water bill this month.  It makes zero sense to me, but it works for that couple.  Not having friends of the opposite sex is what works for my wife and I and a lot of other people that I know.  I'm in a near perfect relationship.  My wife and I somehow work together (literally across the hall), juggle five kids here there and everywhere and somehow make time for each other pretty much every day.  I learned a hell of a lot from my first marriage.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    Some people like to be ridden as if they are were horses. I know it's true because I saw it on TV once.

Every relationship is different. Who are we to judge?

While I might find it odd that a number of gentlemen here don't hang out with women who aren't their significant others for whatever their reasons may be, I don't feel the need to condemn them or put them in a box constructed out of pseudo-psychology and glued shut with faux feminism for it. I do feel that they are missing out, but they don't. And that's fine.

The Dude abides.
    You are just miserable because you have shitty pizza all around you. 
    Dick.
    Let’s go dodgers!
    That's it! Where's this pizza date with @F Me In The Brain going on? I'm dropping by with one of my NYC lady friends to kick you squarely in the ass and steal a slice. 
    You wouldn't know a good slice if hit you squarely in the nads.  Have you been ordering domino's or pizza hut lately

Little Steve’s. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    :sick:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Most of the time a man can't even go out with his male buddies and have drinks or play golf or whatever without getting the third degree from "the wife."  This is why I stay single.
    Sadly, this is accurate for most. I’d divorce my wife if she was this way. Although, I knew she wasn’t which is one of the many reasons that I married her. :) 
    My wife definitely doesn't give me the third degree when I am hanging out with my buddies.  Every year we have a guys trip somewhere (snowboarding, nd football game, cabin in the woods with beer olympics) and she is cool with all that.  But no girls lol.  

Everyone is just waiting for the ball to drop, and you realizing there is insecurity and jealousy in your relationship. Which is okey. 
    Not me, I am waiting for everyone to understand that every relationship works by its own rules (at least the best ones, imo) and stfu about it.  [Especially people who are unhappily married, divorced, or otherwise single.  It works for him.  Bunch a know-it-alls here.]
    Seriously I have the best relationship ever. I have no clue why I am on the stand. This it works for us. I have zero interest in having female relationships or meeting another woman at the bar. 
    Rock your relationship. 
    This 'I know what works best for you (and everyone else) yet I am single' is blahblahblah. 

I would like to clarify that that is NOT what I'm saying. I'm simply discussing the concept of men and women being friends and debating the justifications behind this that Scruffy's offering up because I think many, many men would come up with the same reasons, and I want to explore them. But FWIW, most middle ages single people were not always single. We are also surrounded by people in relationships. We do actually know what we're talking about a lot of the time when it comes to relationship dynamics in general. But no, not about each individual's relationship, when we don't even know the person, lol. I did think S_C's comment about it was out of line.
    This wasn't out of line?
    Everyone is just waiting for the ball to drop, and you realizing there is insecurity and jealousy in your relationship.

I would reply with a heaping bowl of 'Suck Blue!' if some armchair psychologist tried to lay that garbage on me.

Sorry, all are free, of course, to go back to the repetition of the same argument, I am leaving now to hit a "pizza" bar up north and meet McGruff. 

Haults Maul!

Armchair psychologists crack me up but at no point did I get angry.  Like I said, to each their own. I can't for the life of me understand married couples having separate savings and checking accounts.  Like you pay the mortgage and I pay for water bill this month.  It makes zero sense to me, but it works for that couple.  Not having friends of the opposite sex is what works for my wife and I and a lot of other people that I know.  I'm in a near perfect relationship.  My wife and I somehow work together (literally across the hall), juggle five kids here there and everywhere and somehow make time for each other pretty much every day.  I learned a hell of a lot from my first marriage.

No one is criticizing what works for you and your wife or anyone else. 

A couple having separate savings still have it for a reason. Not just because of "it just is that way". On the question; so why do you not have a joint saving? there is an answer telling why that is.

It doesn't affect how good they juggle X kids or how they have the time to hate You Are. But there is a reason for why.

Just like there is a reason for me waiting till tomorrow to ask Agnes.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

My wife and I each have personal checking accounts, a joint checking account, and multiple joint savings accounts.

Before we had kids she paid for nothing household related and our mutual checking account only existed for checks written to us both.

She could do whatever she wanted with her income, as could I.  (After paying our bills )

Everyone is different!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2018
    NOW IM OFF WORK (21 pm here in Sweden) and Im gonna go home and have myself a beer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gql9220Qon8
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

A couple having separate savings still have it for a reason. Not just because of "it just is that way". On the question; so why do you not have a joint saving? there is an answer telling why that is.

It doesn't affect how good they juggle X kids or how they have the time to hate You Are. But there is a reason for why.

I give up.  I'm waving the white flag.  I can't do this anymore.  My offer still stands, my passport is ready to be stamped by Swedish customs.  I will teach the ways of sweeping Agnes off her (it is her right?) feet.  Definitely clean up a little.  Do some manscaping and for the love of god order an actual burger and not a tofu burger.  Don't order a chardonnay or anything with a little umbrella in it.  Go simple, vodka/club with lime.  I pray you aren't a light weight.  Do not propose marriage to her after the first date.  Do not talk politics or religion.  
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

I give up.  I'm waving the white flag.  I can't do this anymore.  My offer still stands, my passport is ready to be stamped by Swedish customs.  I will teach the ways of sweeping Agnes off her (it is her right?) feet.  Definitely clean up a little.  Do some manscaping and for the love of god order an actual burger and not a tofu burger.  Don't order a chardonnay or anything with a little umbrella in it.  Go simple, vodka/club with lime.  I pray you aren't a light weight.  Do not propose marriage to her after the first date.  Do not talk politics or religion.  
    Always drink:

Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

Always drink:

2.7 average rating based on 23,194 reviews on untappd.  Sounds like you need a better beer.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

Always drink:

2.7 average rating based on 23,194 reviews on untappd.  Sounds like you need a better beer.  
    Where does my Coors Light rank on your finger scale, Mike?
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

Always drink:

2.36 average rating based on 326,051 reviews on untappd.  Sounds like you also need a better beer.
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

Always drink:

2.36 average rating based on 326,051 reviews on untappd.  Sounds like you also need a better beer.
    While I appreciate you sharing what a bunch of pretentious beer drinking moles gave as feedback on my shitty watered down beer, it was my weak attempt at a quote reference to one of the greatest B-Buddy movies of all time, The Last Boy Scout

Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

Always drink:

While I appreciate you sharing what a bunch of pretentious beer drinking moles gave as feedback on my shitty watered down beer, it was my weak attempt at a quote reference to one of the greatest B-Buddy movies of all time, The Last Boy Scout

Lol, I haven’t seen that movie in a long long time. My bad on that. Coors lite is a nice summer beer for me. 

No
    Tough to expect anyone to grab that unless they love that flick.

I will be drinking about 100 Coors Lights over this long weekend in Louisiana starting tomorrow.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    Head or gut?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

Always drink:

It's like the Swedish version of "bud light",¨but I guess it tastes somewhat better.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

Always drink:

Great movie. Not a "B" movie though. Was the highest priced spec script at the time. Shane Black was paid like 1.5-2 million dollar for the script and it had a huge budget.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

Yes, that was totally out of line, like I said.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

I'd just like to point out that I've known couples who do separate their finances like that, including my own parents, and it didn't work for a single one of those couples, lol. Just because people are doing something it doesn't mean it works for them. ;) That doesn't mean there aren't couples out there who it does work for... But I've never met any of them!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    No
    dankind said:
    Head or gut?
    Gut
    No
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Rock your relationship. 

This wasn't out of line?

Haults Maul!

Always drink:

Great movie. Not a "B" movie though. Was the highest priced spec script at the time. Shane Black was paid like 1.5-2 million dollar for the script and it had a huge budget.

Could be true, I didn't know any of that.  Just went on the idea that it never tried to be anything it wasn't and a lot of people thought it was shit. 
    Saw it 5-10 times in the theater when it came out and countless times since.
    Junior year in high school and we used to bring in a sixer of beer each to watch. 
    Good times.
  • Could be true, I didn't know any of that.  Just went on the idea that it never tried to be anything it wasn't and a lot of people thought it was shit. 
    Saw it 5-10 times in the theater when it came out and countless times since.
    Junior year in high school and we used to bring in a sixer of beer each to watch. 
    Good times.
    TrY reading the script, it's written to be reallY entertaining to the reader. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Serious question. Why do you capitalize the letter Y? 
  • bbiggs said:
    ^ Serious question. Why do you capitalize the letter Y? 

No
    Y
    Yes
    WhY don’t You use a Yeti to avoid these tYpes of spills?
  • mcgruff10 said:
    What's a Yeti ?
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    What's a Yeti ?
    A type of coffee cup that has a cover. No spillage. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What's a Yeti ?
    A type of coffee cup that has a cover. No spillage. 
    fuck . has one of those. too late now