The National Football League

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I think both defenses are not bad.  Mayfield looked great for first action.
    Good for them.  Been way too long since a win.
    I just picked up the Brown defense in a few of my leagues.  If it wasn't for the last 2 INT's in the last few minutes of the game they would have gotten me like 5 points or so instead of like 10-11 points.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    ‘cept it’s NFL Network and they’re partnered with Fox.
    I know it's NFL Network. The game is also on NBC

not where I’m at...,
    I thought it was all over the country. Like when CBS has it. Is it because of the San Francisco Giants?

Are you in the NY market.  If so that’s why it’s on NBC.  The rest of us it’s on the nfl network.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Good win for the Browns.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Wiping your butt with a football and chucking it at the opposing teams fans must be bad karma. 

J-E-T-S JETS!  JETS!  JETS! (yes you play for now the worst team in the NFL)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:

not where I’m at...,
    I thought it was all over the country. Like when CBS has it. Is it because of the San Francisco Giants?

Are you in the NY market.  If so that’s why it’s on NBC.  The rest of us it’s on the nfl network.  
    yes. but Jets games are usually on CBS. I thought they aired Thursday games on "free tv" along with the NFL network. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:

not where I’m at...,

yes. but Jets games are usually on CBS. I thought they aired Thursday games on "free tv" along with the NFL network. 

Normally for Monday night games, the local ABC affiliate would be the one showing the game as well as espn, but i'm not completely sure about the Thursday night games. I am assuming the Thursday night game get broadcast on NBC locally  and the NFL network.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I may hate the Browns, but can't help liking Baker. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    edited September 2018
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:

not where I’m at...,

You just got a local over the air broadcast in NYC that happened to be an NBC affiliate. Nationally game is only on NFL network. I assume a local Cleveland station also had a broadcast.
    When the games are on NFL Network only the local markets get an over air broadcast for those who don't have cable or satellite.
    The station in NY being an NBC affiliate is pure coincidence, just happened to be the local station that bid for the over air rights for the 1 game.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    igotid88 said:
    I think Tyrod would have had a good game had he still been in. Hyde really helped out
    No.  He wouldn't have.  He was horrible that entire first half.  Missing wide open guys all over the field.  He is terrible.  It's amazing that they were playing that guy over Mayfield.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Wobbie said:

and your SC QB sucked.

add him to the list.
    Do you see who he has blocking for him (nobody) and who he is throwing to?  (Worst WR corps in the NFL, and it is not even close.)
    Not saying he is Carson Palmer...not saying he is going to be Matt Leinart. 
    Just saying he is playing with dog shit. 

Oh and I wanted to talk shit on your QBs but the only one I could think of was Alex Smith, and I actually like him.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:

and your SC QB sucked.

add him to the list.
    Do you see who he has blocking for him (nobody) and who he is throwing to?  (Worst WR corps in the NFL, and it is not even close.)
    Not saying he is Carson Palmer...not saying he is going to be Matt Leinart. 
    Just saying he is playing with dog shit. 

Oh and I wanted to talk shit on your QBs but the only one I could think of was Alex Smith, and I actually like him.

he's the only ute QB in the pros.

OSU QBs get converted to WRs.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Doesn't look too good for Garappolo
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Vikes blow big time and allow Bills to look super bowl bound. Biggest upset in 23 years.

http://tv5.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/24774007/buffalo-bills-shock-unbeaten-minnesota-vikings-pull-largest-nfl-upset-23-years
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • I thought the shittiest performance of the week rests with the Jags. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Ufgg.  Damn, lost Jet and now Jimmy G?
    Snakebitten
  • Ufgg.  Damn, lost Jet and now Jimmy G?
    Snakebitten
    Garappolo down.  Tore his ACL...  That is a shame.

That Goff kid on the Rams is pretty damn good.  I might pick these guys to go to the Superbowl.

The Pats look like shit.

The damn Broncos lose to the Ravens?!?

I'm predicting that the Steelers continue their spiral downward tonight.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    After the Clay Mathews "roughing the passer"  penalty, which was pretty much a perfect form tackle, the NFL should just suck it up and make QB's two hand touch from now on.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • After the Clay Mathews "roughing the passer"  penalty, which was pretty much a perfect form tackle, the NFL should just suck it up and make QB's two hand touch from now on.
    That's funny!
    After the Clay Mathews "roughing the passer"  penalty, which was pretty much a perfect form tackle, the NFL should just suck it up and make QB's two hand touch from now on.
    The penalty he received each of the last 2 games -- the ones that the NFL came out and said were correctly called - were both complete jokes.
    In both cases he failed to drive his weight into the passer.
    A joke. 

• Anyone see Doug Baldwin rip into Seahawks' coach? Apparently it was because they were pulling Carson off the field and trotting Fatso Penny out there.

After the game, Wilson gave Carson the game ball.

The leaders of the team sending a clear message who they feel is the guy for their backfield.

* My gawd the Pats looked stinky last night.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • After the Clay Mathews "roughing the passer"  penalty, which was pretty much a perfect form tackle, the NFL should just suck it up and make QB's two hand touch from now on.
    The penalty he received each of the last 2 games -- the ones that the NFL came out and said were correctly called - were both complete jokes.
    A joke. 

I can live with the first one on Kirk Cousins because at least Cousins had already gotten rid of the ball. But Alex Smith still had the ball. You have to be able to tackle the guy that has the fucking ball right?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    A joke. 

I can live with the first one on Kirk Cousins because at least Cousins had already gotten rid of the ball. But Alex Smith still had the ball. You have to be able to tackle the guy that has the fucking ball right?
    I guess not.  Pretty weak.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Is anyone really surprised?  The NFL is a joke, has been a joke for years, and will continue to be a joke.
    Is anyone really surprised?  The NFL is a joke, has been a joke for years, and will continue to be a joke.
    I kind of am?
    :)
    Did they not think through the verbiage?  Because it amounts to 'nobody can tackle the QB if they land on him', which is so silly it is almost unbelievable.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Jim Mcmahon probably would have like to play under the new rules vs the old rules (played on concrete covered by cheap carpet!)

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What happened to Anthony Barr and the Vikings D? Goff made a few tight throws last night. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jason P said:
    Jim Mcmahon probably would have like to play under the new rules vs the old rules (played on concrete covered by cheap carpet!)

35+ years later and the league has pretty much turned into this...

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    The Rams are so damn good.  Best RB in the league, 3 awesome WRs and Goff is turning into a star QB.  And don't forget that defense.
    The Rams are so damn good.  Best RB in the league, 3 awesome WRs and Goff is turning into a star QB.  And don't forget that defense.
    The coach has some to do with it, as well.
    Agree that their WR corps is sick.  They dont even need some guys
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Jason P said:

35+ years later and the league has pretty much turned into this...

love the soccer GIF :triumph:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14