Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    edited December 2021
    pjhawks said:
    At least Rex won a couple of playoff games, including an upset of the 14-2 Patriots. Buddy never won one. 
    Buddy didn't win any as a head coach but his defensive strategies changed the way the game was played.  His defenses in Chicago and Philly were incredible and he deserves a ton of credit as a defensive coach. 
    Vikings Purple People Eaters too.
    Those defensive lines were great....as long as it wasn't the Super Bowl. Those Purple People Eaters were emasculated in every Super Bowl they played in, with each beatdown worse than the last. Buddy was only with them for one of them, but it was their worst showing....

SB4: Chiefs rushed for 151 yards

SB8: Dolphins rushed for 196 yards

SB9: Steelers rushed for 249 yards

SB11: Raiders rushed for 266 yards (with Buddy as defensive line coach)

He was a D coordinator for 9 years. 7 of those years the defense was ranked top 10 in points allowed. 6 times in the top 5. 

He was a defensive genius and one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the game. I don't think the same can be said for his son. Either of them.
    You don't have to be so defensive (no pun intended) of him. I'm well aware of his 80's Bears defenses that were unstoppable and his Eagles defenses that were very good as well. But you said Rex is the poor man's Buddy (which really, Rex isn't even that), so I noted that at least Rex won some playoff games to give ole Rex a little credit. Then Tempo brought up his connection to the Vikings, and so I went to my Reddit profile and copied and pasted an old comment with Super Bowl stats that I always post whenever someone brings up those Purple People Eaters. 
    Lol. I'm not defensive. I'm just pointing out that Buddy contributed way more to the game than either of his son's. Rex was a better head coach, I'm assuming, because he learned from his dad's mistakes. But he's still a poor man's Buddy!

Rex also sucks on ESPN.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    At least Rex won a couple of playoff games, including an upset of the 14-2 Patriots. Buddy never won one. 
    Buddy didn't win any as a head coach but his defensive strategies changed the way the game was played.  His defenses in Chicago and Philly were incredible and he deserves a ton of credit as a defensive coach. 
    Those defensive lines were great....as long as it wasn't the Super Bowl. Those Purple People Eaters were emasculated in every Super Bowl they played in, with each beatdown worse than the last. Buddy was only with them for one of them, but it was their worst showing....

He was a D coordinator for 9 years. 7 of those years the defense was ranked top 10 in points allowed. 6 times in the top 5. 

He was a defensive genius and one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the game. I don't think the same can be said for his son. Either of them.
    You don't have to be so defensive (no pun intended) of him. I'm well aware of his 80's Bears defenses that were unstoppable and his Eagles defenses that were very good as well. But you said Rex is the poor man's Buddy (which really, Rex isn't even that), so I noted that at least Rex won some playoff games to give ole Rex a little credit. Then Tempo brought up his connection to the Vikings, and so I went to my Reddit profile and copied and pasted an old comment with Super Bowl stats that I always post whenever someone brings up those Purple People Eaters. 
    Lol. I'm not defensive. I'm just pointing out that Buddy contributed way more to the game than either of his son's. Rex was a better head coach, I'm assuming, because he learned from his dad's mistakes. But he's still a poor man's Buddy!

Rex also sucks on ESPN.
    I'll have to take your word for that. I haven't watched a talking head show or pre/post game show on ESPN in years. Although, I did pay for a month of ESPN+ to watch that Tom Brady "Man In The Arena" documentary, which I'd recommend. In fact, for you, I'd highly recommend the upcoming episode because it'll be about the Super Bowl that the Eagles won.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    pjhawks said:

Rex also sucks on ESPN.
    I'll have to take your word for that. I haven't watched a talking head show or pre/post game show on ESPN in years. Although, I did pay for a month of ESPN+ to watch that Tom Brady "Man In The Arena" documentary, which I'd recommend. In fact, for you, I'd highly recommend the upcoming episode because it'll be about the Super Bowl that the Eagles won.
    I will have to check it out.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    pjhawks said:

Rex also sucks on ESPN.

You are spot on, Rex sucks and is a fat load of shit, a motormouth.  Blob is trash, as well.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    RIP Dan Reeves…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,633
    RIP Dan Reeves…
    for me, he’ll always be more of a former Cowboys RB than a coach, although he excelled at both. Love me some Tom Landry Cowboys!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    All Madden documentary was really good.  Except for when Gooddell talked.....holy shit he is such a phony.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    RIP Dan Reeves…
    for me, he’ll always be more of a former Cowboys RB than a coach, although he excelled at both. Love me some Tom Landry Cowboys!
    Surprised he never coached Dallas.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    All Madden documentary was really good.  Except for when Gooddell talked.....holy shit he is such a phony.
    Reminded me of how much I loved Melissa Stark.  :lol::   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Brown what a great teammate…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,306
    wtf was that?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    he needs some serious help
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I’m sure Tompa will be fine with it. Probably will warrant a contract extension. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    fuck man. Bengals solid solid game.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Bruce Arians just said AB career as a Bucaneer are over…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I’m sure Tompa will be fine with it. Probably will warrant a contract extension. 
    I take it back. Arians just said he’s releasing him. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

• Options
    so cbs post game show had talk of this. it was brought up ab was effectively  1 catch away with some yards from earning 3 bonuses  to net 1 mil. and it appears he was benched just prior to him leaving.

now they have one reg season game left. so why the tantrum?

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278
    mickeyrat said:
    so cbs post game show had talk of this. it was brought up ab was effectively  1 catch away with some yards from earning 3 bonuses  to net 1 mil. and it appears he was benched just prior to him leaving.

now they have one reg season game left. so why the tantrum?
    Because he is a nut job.

and I feel bad for Jets fans. Between Jets and Bengals end games lots of 2nd guessing to be had 
  • Options
    Aaron Rodgers “butte community college”. What the efffff?!?
  • Options
    Aaron Rogers is not well.  Him a AB should be on the same team…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Aaron Rogers is not well.  Him a AB should be on the same team…
    Lol, I expect this from you.  Hahahahaha!  This tickled me.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,485
    edited January 2022

What really happened 
  • Options

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,423
    Nothing could start the new year off any better than the Steelers and Ravens BOTH missing the playoffs. But somefuckinghow one of those asshole teams will get in just to piss in my Cheerios.
  • Options

Ok last one
  • Options
    She is calling the coach out?  C'mon with that crap.  The coach has to calm egos.  What was he expected to say?  He walks on eggshells around AB?