The National Football League

Comments

• Looks like the stupid "Football Team" is finally going to unveil a team name on February 2nd. It's rumored to be the Admirals because washingtonadmirals.com redirects to the team's official website. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    @mrussel1 .....
    I'm painfully aware of how poorly Baker played last night.  He may have had his last start for the Browns.  I would start Case next week.  You can't put him out there and look that shaken.  It's a terrible signal to the rest of the team.  I thought he should have been benched at halftime last night.  

its hard to play well when you are sacked 9 times. Just ask Joe Burrows....

Oh wait......
    You don't get sacked 9 times if the ball comes out on time.  

or your line can protect..... just ask Joe Burrows....

Oh wait....
    Why do you keep saying "ask Joe Burrows"?

Sorry, you're wrong.  You get the ball batted down 4 times, you get sacked 9x, but you run the ball for 7 yards per carry, I'm not blaming the line.  I'll believe my lying eyes.  
    edited January 2022
    If your back up right tackle can't handle Watt, then you call protection changes to slide help.  This is on Baker end to end.  He double clutched, he fled the pocket early, he threw into the line and he missed open receivers.  He sucked. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    There is no way Mayfield can be defended.  He’s been terrible the last couple weeks…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • There is no way Mayfield can be defended.  He’s been terrible the last couple weeks…
    Well he is by far the greatest Browns quarterback of the past 25 years. The bar couldn't be lower, but still. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • There is no way Mayfield can be defended.  He’s been terrible the last couple weeks…
    Well he is by far the greatest Browns quarterback of the past 25 years. The bar couldn't be lower, but still. 
    OMG.  This is actually correct.  How shitty is that statement?!?
    There is no way Mayfield can be defended.  He’s been terrible the last couple weeks…
    I will not have you guys disparage Jeff Garcia.  

Actually....please, hold our beer:

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mrussel1 said:
    I liked Garcia and he was good on the Niners, and even had a short resurgence with the Eagles, but his stint in Cleveland, like most stints in Cleveland, totally sucked. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • mrussel1 said:
    Didn't they have Doug Pederson and Trent Dilfer?  Both SB winning QB's?
    mrussel1 said:
    Dilfer, yes. I don't recall Pederson.  But how can anyone remember 48 QB in 20 years.
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Dilfer, yes. I don't recall Pederson.  But how can anyone remember 48 QB in 20 years.
    Pederson was there as a backup for a year near the end of his career. But he's not really a "SB-winning QB", as he was just Favre's backup when the Packers won the Super Bowl. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    I imagine Cleveland will give Mayfield an extension…
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I imagine Cleveland will give Mayfield an extension…
    He was already extended next year through the end of his rookie contract.  That was done after the playoffs last year.  However, he can be released with no financial penalty, if I'm not mistaken. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,730
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    @mrussel1 .....
    I'm painfully aware of how poorly Baker played last night.  He may have had his last start for the Browns.  I would start Case next week.  You can't put him out there and look that shaken.  It's a terrible signal to the rest of the team.  I thought he should have been benched at halftime last night.  

its hard to play well when you are sacked 9 times. Just ask Joe Burrows....

Oh wait......
    You don't get sacked 9 times if the ball comes out on time.  

or your line can protect..... just ask Joe Burrows....

Oh wait....
    Why do you keep saying "ask Joe Burrows"?

Sorry, you're wrong.  You get the ball batted down 4 times, you get sacked 9x, but you run the ball for 7 yards per carry, I'm not blaming the line.  I'll believe my lying eyes.  

Joe Burrows has been sacked more times than any other quarterback this season.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    And he's not bad in those "At Home with Baker Mayfield" commercials. Better than Wroggers rate and typical sneaker head Patrick price at least.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Isn't/hasn't he been hurt though?  maybe that is why he has been bad these past few weeks?
    Isn't/hasn't he been hurt though?  maybe that is why he has been bad these past few weeks?
    Yeah, he needs shoulder surgery.
    edited January 2022
    Poncier said:
    Isn't/hasn't he been hurt though?  maybe that is why he has been bad these past few weeks?
    Yeah, he needs shoulder surgery.
    In fact, opting for immediate surgery:

Cleveland Browns QB Baker Mayfield to have shoulder surgery ASAP, won't play Sunday (espn.com)
  • Poncier said:
    And he's not bad in those "At Home with Baker Mayfield" commercials. Better than Wroggers rate and typical sneaker head Patrick price at least.
    Those State Farm commercials with Rodgers and Mahomes are some of the worst I've ever seen. Frankly, it makes them look like assholes that think they're better than everyone lol. Like Jake From State Farm will give someone a good rate, and here comes Rodgers to be like "Whoa, whoa, HE gets a Rodgers rate too?!?!" Terrible commercials. 

And I agree, those At Home With Baker commercials aren't that bad. Especially when compared to the aforementioned State Farm commercials, and EVERY Geico commercial. And best of all, more Baker commercials from Progressive mean less Flo commercials from Progressive. 

I just hate commercials. I hate insurance commercials the most. And among them, the Rodgers/Mahomes ones are the bottom of the barrel. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • This one cracks me up every time...  I'm still trying to figure out why the Blueclaw is on land though...
    The GEICO Gecko on Twitter quotI could go for some crab cakes right now  httptcoh7FwUEywquot  Twitter
    This is the great debate in Cleveland and I'm sure in Berea specifically.  You need your whole body to throw properly and Baker, in particular, is a 'torque' thrower.  So how badly has that torn labrum and fracture affected his throwing?  One would think quite a bit.  But there's also been a ton of mental errors on his part.  He has consistently missed open receivers (I mean missed even attempting the throw, not just a bad throw).  So maybe it's confidence.  Who knows.  We do know he was hurt in the Houston game.  Before that, his completion % was 80+%.  It's been in teh 50's or so since.  So there's an argument that you have to throw this season away.  It's a tough call for the front office.  Do you spend next year evaluating Baker yet again?  Or do you package up a lot of assets and go after Wilson or Watson?
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    There is no way Mayfield can be defended.  

I don't know...seems like the other teams in the NFL defend him pretty well
  • Poncier said:
    Those State Farm commercials with Rodgers and Mahomes are some of the worst I've ever seen. Frankly, it makes them look like assholes that think they're better than everyone lol. Like Jake From State Farm will give someone a good rate, and here comes Rodgers to be like "Whoa, whoa, HE gets a Rodgers rate too?!?!" Terrible commercials. 

And I agree, those At Home With Baker commercials aren't that bad. Especially when compared to the aforementioned State Farm commercials, and EVERY Geico commercial. And best of all, more Baker commercials from Progressive mean less Flo commercials from Progressive. 

I just hate commercials. I hate insurance commercials the most. And among them, the Rodgers/Mahomes ones are the bottom of the barrel. 
    Almost every commercial  is Insurance or stupid Gambling Apps.
    Both are crooks!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Pederson was there as a backup for a year near the end of his career. But he's not really a "SB-winning QB", as he was just Favre's backup when the Packers won the Super Bowl. 
    He is, however, a Super Bowl winning coach

www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Poncier said:

Can't stand the State Farm commercials. Those and Drew Brees pretending he's living his "bet life" with his fake friends are the fucking worst. 

Baker's commercials are legit funny though. 

And the Progressive campaign where the guy's teaching people not to become their parents is just plain hilarious. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Poncier said:

Can't stand the State Farm commercials. Those and Drew Brees pretending he's living his "bet life" with his fake friends are the fucking worst. 

Baker's commercials are legit funny though. 

And the Progressive campaign where the guy's teaching people not to become their parents is just plain hilarious. 
    Brees pronounced “parlay” awkwardly as “par-lay” in one of his commercials 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • She is calling the coach out?  C'mon with that crap.  The coach has to calm egos.  What was he expected to say?  He walks on eggshells around AB?
    Have you followed any of this? Arians didn't want AB on the team from the start. Probably because he sat and watched Brown be accused of rape, arrested for assaulting a truck driver, live streaming himself berating his baby-mama in front of police and his children, and be completely unprofessional and disrespectful to the Steelers, Raiders, and Patriots (among other things). But Tom Brady wanted him anyway, so Arians had to play ball. Then Arians said if there is one slip up, he's gone. Then of course Brown gets a fake vax card, but Arians still couldn't get rid of him because of Brady. 

Oh and how about Brady's press conference yesterday? He hopes people are compassionate and empathetic towards Brown. Hilarious. Maybe Tom should take Brown back in his home and help him improve his life WITHOUT the benefit of Brown catching footballs for him. You think Tom is compassionate and empathetic enough to do that? 
    Maybe TB12 is?

https://apple.news/A1TivDWXwS6ig7pglboaGog
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    How would anyone be able to authenticate that it was the actual shirt from AB?
    Being sold from Biddeford Maine, that is enough to raise a red flag for me.

But heck, what's a few hundred bucks, I'll take it.