Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,798
    edited December 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm sold on the fact that Wentz will be Indy's QB at least for the next 2-3 years. But beyond that, and when Reich drafts a QB within the next two seasons, is this skim milk motherfucker going to throw another shit fit?
    Why do Philly people hate him? Did something happen on the way out,
    Are you familiar with what's going on with Ben Simmons? Sorta the exact same situation.

But yeah, at the same time I thought, I really don't care what he does after he's gone as long as we get a 1st rounder for him. Which we will now, our GM really was able to do great with this trade. But, then sitting here on a calm Christmas night filled with all this cheer, and I realize, no, I would actually enjoy watching this paste face get murdered.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,496
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm sold on the fact that Wentz will be Indy's QB at least for the next 2-3 years. But beyond that, and when Reich drafts a QB within the next two seasons, is this skim milk motherfucker going to throw another shit fit?
    they’re “Philly people”….that’s all you need to know.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

BTW… the so-called “wildcat formation” is a POS.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    mrussel1 said:
    Are you familiar with what's going on with Ben Simmons? Sorta the exact same situation.

But yeah, at the same time I thought, I really don't care what he does after he's gone as long as we get a 1st rounder for him. Which we will now, our GM really was able to do great with this trade. But, then sitting here on a calm Christmas night filled with all this cheer, and I realize, no, I would actually enjoy watching this paste face get murdered.
    Hahaha.  This is so great.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677
    mrussel1 said:

Ben is choosing not to play because he is a giant baby.  Carson didn't do anything like that,  did he? I'm not saying you shouldn't dislike him..I don't like him.  But I thought everything was the Eagles call. 
  • Options
    another drunken Christmas take….JJ Watt? Uh..,,were Butkus or Nitschke hurt every fucking year?????

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Wobbie said:
    another drunken Christmas take….JJ Watt? Uh..,,were Butkus or Nitschke hurt every fucking year?????
    Probably
  • Options
    They also messed with way smaller guys

• Options
    Wobbie said:
    Probably

yeah, they were….but they didn’t pack it in like JJ.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ben is choosing not to play because he is a giant baby.  Carson didn't do anything like that,  did he? I'm not saying you shouldn't dislike him..I don't like him.  But I thought everything was the Eagles call. 
    Like Ben he wanted/did force his way out for incredibly dumb and ludicrous reasons. He didn't like seeing the Bud Light statue of Nick Foles outside the stadium. Oh, yeah, and they drafted a QB in the 2nd round. Instead of finding any motivation in any of that he folded like a baby. But again it's fine, I always got the Tebow vibe from him, which I feel like I was holding back from really ripping him on.
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Like Ben he wanted/did force his way out for incredibly dumb and ludicrous reasons. He didn't like seeing the Bud Light statue of Nick Foles outside the stadium. Oh, yeah, and they drafted a QB in the 2nd round. Instead of finding any motivation in any of that he folded like a baby. But again it's fine, I always got the Tebow vibe from him, which I feel like I was holding back from really ripping him on.
    Well, he did pretty much get the Eagles through the season until he got hurt, then Nick Foles just finished it with the same players around him and won the SB (sort of like Switzer/Gruden next season... Foles hasn't done much since and Carson is bringing back some life to the Colts. Philly fans I have respect for, harsh at times, but much respect.... BUT.... come on now, none of the shit off the field matters, it's winning that does for any team/franchise, simple as that. If Carson finished and stood there holding that Lombardi, Eagles fans would still worship/despise him now... Man I love football!!!!!!
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Days later and I'm still angry with Jimmy Jesuschristhethrewanofherinterception

If we had a consistent QB, Niners would be in line for division.  
    Only so many of those around.

Could be worse....could be a Giants fan and read that they are planning on bringing back Judge and Jones.  :lol:.  
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

BTW… the so-called “wildcat formation” is a POS.
    The wildcat is awesome. Well at least it was in week 3 of 2008. No so much since then. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Attaway77 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Well, he did pretty much get the Eagles through the season until he got hurt, then Nick Foles just finished it with the same players around him and won the SB (sort of like Switzer/Gruden next season... Foles hasn't done much since and Carson is bringing back some life to the Colts. Philly fans I have respect for, harsh at times, but much respect.... BUT.... come on now, none of the shit off the field matters, it's winning that does for any team/franchise, simple as that. If Carson finished and stood there holding that Lombardi, Eagles fans would still worship/despise him now... Man I love football!!!!!!
    But he didn't. He's never won a playoff game, actually.

What I'm saying is the Tebow vibe of him has only made it easier to tell him to eat shit.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Flipping through Sunday ticket and Falcons are choking but the commercial outro was oceans.never heard that one
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Attaway77 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What I'm saying is the Tebow vibe of him has only made it easier to tell him to eat shit.
    Tebow vibe? 

I’d be perfectly fine with the Colts moving on, as I think there are some other similar options, but he seems fully capable of riding the rest of that team to a Lombardi skill wise.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Huge win for the bills.  Unbelievable Josh allen isn't a pro bowler
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,516
    Days later and I'm still angry with Jimmy Jesuschristhethrewanofherinterception

If we had a consistent QB, Niners would be in line for division.  
    Only so many of those around.

Could be worse....could be a Giants fan and read that they are planning on bringing back Judge and Jones.  :lol:.  
    That is the thing that makes it so bad. One game he looks like the guy they thought he could be when they made the trade, and the next game he looks completely lost. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited December 2021
    DewieCox said:
    Attaway77 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Tebow vibe? 

I’d be perfectly fine with the Colts moving on, as I think there are some other similar options, but he seems fully capable of riding the rest of that team to a Lombardi skill wise.
    Until he puts up a 5-12 for 57 yard performance like two weeks ago. He was great in 2017. Ever since he's been largely mediocre.

And in addition to the stuff JP mentioned, there were a lot of reports of his teammates not looking to him as a leader (and just not liking him in general) and the coaches complaining about him being uncoachable.

Indy was clearly the best landing spot for him with Frank Reich, great running back to carry him, and a smaller media market but, yeah, I am glad he's not here anymore either. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Its amazing how Philadelphia was seen as being on the cutting edge, Pederson was a visionary, Wentz looking real good.... to this.  Its tough to maintain success.  That's why you gotta really respect Harbough, Reid, Belichick, etc..   Guys who are able to maintain a general level of relevancy/success through multiple QBs, injuries, NFL overall style/schematic changes, etc.  

You also wonder how much influence Reich had on the Eagles' success/superbowl win
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    MayDay10 said:

I'm still very bullish on Buffalo.  It's kind of mind-blowing for me that they have lost 6 games.  Top 5 in points scored and allowed.  #1 in point differential in the NFL. 
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I'm still very bullish on Buffalo.  It's kind of mind-blowing for me that they have lost 6 games.  Top 5 in points scored and allowed.  #1 in point differential in the NFL. 
    It is a statistically-odd thing.  The only team that really beat them decisively was Indianapolis.  I think they are 0-5 in 1-score games this year.  Their last 16 regular season wins are by more than 2 scores.  They have lost every 'coin flip' game this season.

They kind of ran into a funk similar to the Chiefs earlier this season.  Teams started to run that zone shell on them, they couldnt run, and couldnt hit big plays as defenses were taking that away.  Now, they are getting some contribution from the running game/o-line and Allen is getting better at hitting the short passes that the defense gives him.  They seem to be pulling out of it.

IMO, they are too weak/inconsistent in the trenches to run the table to get out of the AFC, especially with all the NFL's 'running teams' like Cleveland, Indianapolis, Tennessee-plus Henry, and New England.   Allen could steal any game though.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It is a statistically-odd thing.  The only team that really beat them decisively was Indianapolis.  I think they are 0-5 in 1-score games this year.  Their last 16 regular season wins are by more than 2 scores.  They have lost every 'coin flip' game this season.

They kind of ran into a funk similar to the Chiefs earlier this season.  Teams started to run that zone shell on them, they couldnt run, and couldnt hit big plays as defenses were taking that away.  Now, they are getting some contribution from the running game/o-line and Allen is getting better at hitting the short passes that the defense gives him.  They seem to be pulling out of it.

IMO, they are too weak/inconsistent in the trenches to run the table to get out of the AFC, especially with all the NFL's 'running teams' like Cleveland, Indianapolis, Tennessee-plus Henry, and New England.   Allen could steal any game though.

In the playoffs, it's all about the QB.  I would take my chances against Tannehill, Jones, Tua, Wentz, Jackson and probably Burrow and Herbert until I see them perform in the playoffs.  Josh Allen has been there and can carry his team when needed.  I'm hoping for an AFC Championship rematch.  It would be a very good game this time around.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    MayDay10 said:
    Its amazing how Philadelphia was seen as being on the cutting edge, Pederson was a visionary, Wentz looking real good.... to this.  Its tough to maintain success.  That's why you gotta really respect Harbough, Reid, Belichick, etc..   Guys who are able to maintain a general level of relevancy/success through multiple QBs, injuries, NFL overall style/schematic changes, etc.  

You also wonder how much influence Reich had on the Eagles' success/superbowl win
    Yes but.... the Eagles are likely right back in the playoffs after a long one year drought. They can clinch this weekend. They're not winning the Super Bowl or anything but making the playoffs during a rebuilding year under a first year coach (with 3 first rounders and a lot of cap space on deck) is not all that bad. 

The one thing this franchise has always prioritized, no matter the coach or GM, is building out through the offensive and defensive lines. It's worked as they've consistently been one of most successfully teams in the last twenty years in terms of playoff appearances. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Attaway77 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Tebow vibe? 

Until he puts up a 5-12 for 57 yard performance like two weeks ago. He was great in 2017. Ever since he's been largely mediocre.

And in addition to the stuff JP mentioned, there were a lot of reports of his teammates not looking to him as a leader (and just not liking him in general) and the coaches complaining about him being uncoachable.

Indy was clearly the best landing spot for him with Frank Reich, great running back to carry him, and a smaller media market but, yeah, I am glad he's not here anymore either. 
    Words cannot express....

Thank god we wrapped up that 1st rounder already.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    DewieCox said:
    Attaway77 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Tebow vibe? 

Words cannot express....

Your welcome

I'm glad too.

Wentz is probably not Vaxxed? 
  • Options
    cutz said:
    DewieCox said:
    Attaway77 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Tebow vibe? 

Words cannot express....

Your welcome

I'm glad too.

He's not. Another example of him being a poor leader. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677
    cutz said:
    DewieCox said:
    Attaway77 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Tebow vibe? 

Words cannot express....

Your welcome

I'm glad too.

He's not. Another example of him being a poor leader. 
    Agreed.  If you want to win, you should do everything in your power to make that happen.  Considering the rules for meeting, practices and protocol are different for vax vs unvax, then not vaxing tells us that it's not the most important thing to you.  
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    John Madden has passed

RIP to John Madden