Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Player walks off the field mid game = total outrage and everyone associated with him is scum.

NFL owner has a toxic work place and treats woman like shit for a decade plus, Commish looks the other way, fans yawn and it’s crickets.

Good to see everyone has their priorities straight. “Integrity of the game.” Yea, sure, right on.
    Who is outraged here? 
    I don't think anyone here,  but national media is indignant as usual.  Now I get they get paid for it,  but it's still annoying. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,655
    Player walks off the field mid game = total outrage and everyone associated with him is scum.

NFL owner has a toxic work place and treats woman like shit for a decade plus, Commish looks the other way, fans yawn and it’s crickets.

Good to see everyone has their priorities straight. “Integrity of the game.” Yea, sure, right on.
    Who is outraged here? 
    Read through some of the posts and you tell me.

I have read them, and don't infer that anyone here is "outraged" by what he did. Maybe we have different understandings of the word. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    She is calling the coach out?  C'mon with that crap.  The coach has to calm egos.  What was he expected to say?  He walks on eggshells around AB?
    Have you followed any of this? Arians didn't want AB on the team from the start. Probably because he sat and watched Brown be accused of rape, arrested for assaulting a truck driver, live streaming himself berating his baby-mama in front of police and his children, and be completely unprofessional and disrespectful to the Steelers, Raiders, and Patriots (among other things). But Tom Brady wanted him anyway, so Arians had to play ball. Then Arians said if there is one slip up, he's gone. Then of course Brown gets a fake vax card, but Arians still couldn't get rid of him because of Brady. 

Oh and how about Brady's press conference yesterday? He hopes people are compassionate and empathetic towards Brown. Hilarious. Maybe Tom should take Brown back in his home and help him improve his life WITHOUT the benefit of Brown catching footballs for him. You think Tom is compassionate and empathetic enough to do that? 
    I was impressed with Tom's statement.  It's clear that AB has mental health issues.  Is mental health no longer health?  I support giving people as many chances as you can.  If AB goes to counseling and tries to come back in a year, I'd be cool with someone taking him. Now it's a risk because he is obviously a distraction, but sure give him another chance. 
    Tom knows the rap sheet. And knows of his mental health issues. But mental health issues doesn't give someone an excuse to act like a total asshole. And I'm not talking about walking of the field yesterday or any other football-related stuff. If you followed Brown from his release from the Steelers to his signing with the Bucs, there was MAJOR issues typical of a sociopath that Brady bringing in Tony Robbins to talk to him wasn't going to solve. 
    Mental health issues make people act like assholes all the time.  It's pretty common.  So why are we surprised, outraged, shaking our righteous fingers?  I know exactly what AB did to his welcome in PItt, NE, and now TB.  Do people with mental health issues not get more chances?  Is there a limit?  Yes, Tampa was taking a chance, but it was a good chance to take.  He helped them win some big games and AB had his head on (relatively) straight for a while.  Now it's off.  Move on.  Hopefully he gets help and hopefully someone else gives him another chance in the future. 
    That’s like the Republicans that know Trump is a narcissistic and a sociopath saying “Yeah but he got us some court appointments.”

I was calling AB the Trump of football players back when New England signed him: do everything wrong, be callous towards everyone, and still get your way. Why? Because no matter how despicable you are, there’s someone that could benefit from you. Whether it be Mitch McConnell types with Trump, or Tom Brady types with Brown. 

And the same way Trump has “needed help” for decades and hasn’t changed a bit, neither will Brown. 
    He's playing a football game, he's not the president.  That's what's bothering me about this whole thing.  Have some perspective on what the guy is doing.  If I was managing a Chick Fil-A, I'd probably hire an ex-con that was on parole so long as I felt like he was not a risk to other employees.  I wouldn't vote for him to be president.  
    I assumed that was going to be your response. I'm just using Trump as the most famous example of someone that is terrible in every way, yet there's people that turn a blind eye to it because he can benefit them. 
    I'd still argue context matters.  AB has issues.  Trump probably does too, but AB isn't necessarily awful in every way nor does AB corrupt and pollute everyone around him, with his soullessness (so far as we know). 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    She is calling the coach out?  C'mon with that crap.  The coach has to calm egos.  What was he expected to say?  He walks on eggshells around AB?
    Have you followed any of this? Arians didn't want AB on the team from the start. Probably because he sat and watched Brown be accused of rape, arrested for assaulting a truck driver, live streaming himself berating his baby-mama in front of police and his children, and be completely unprofessional and disrespectful to the Steelers, Raiders, and Patriots (among other things). But Tom Brady wanted him anyway, so Arians had to play ball. Then Arians said if there is one slip up, he's gone. Then of course Brown gets a fake vax card, but Arians still couldn't get rid of him because of Brady. 

Oh and how about Brady's press conference yesterday? He hopes people are compassionate and empathetic towards Brown. Hilarious. Maybe Tom should take Brown back in his home and help him improve his life WITHOUT the benefit of Brown catching footballs for him. You think Tom is compassionate and empathetic enough to do that? 
    I was impressed with Tom's statement.  It's clear that AB has mental health issues.  Is mental health no longer health?  I support giving people as many chances as you can.  If AB goes to counseling and tries to come back in a year, I'd be cool with someone taking him. Now it's a risk because he is obviously a distraction, but sure give him another chance. 
    Tom knows the rap sheet. And knows of his mental health issues. But mental health issues doesn't give someone an excuse to act like a total asshole. And I'm not talking about walking of the field yesterday or any other football-related stuff. If you followed Brown from his release from the Steelers to his signing with the Bucs, there was MAJOR issues typical of a sociopath that Brady bringing in Tony Robbins to talk to him wasn't going to solve. 
    Mental health issues make people act like assholes all the time.  It's pretty common.  So why are we surprised, outraged, shaking our righteous fingers?  I know exactly what AB did to his welcome in PItt, NE, and now TB.  Do people with mental health issues not get more chances?  Is there a limit?  Yes, Tampa was taking a chance, but it was a good chance to take.  He helped them win some big games and AB had his head on (relatively) straight for a while.  Now it's off.  Move on.  Hopefully he gets help and hopefully someone else gives him another chance in the future. 
    That’s like the Republicans that know Trump is a narcissistic and a sociopath saying “Yeah but he got us some court appointments.”

I was calling AB the Trump of football players back when New England signed him: do everything wrong, be callous towards everyone, and still get your way. Why? Because no matter how despicable you are, there’s someone that could benefit from you. Whether it be Mitch McConnell types with Trump, or Tom Brady types with Brown. 

And the same way Trump has “needed help” for decades and hasn’t changed a bit, neither will Brown. 
    He's playing a football game, he's not the president.  That's what's bothering me about this whole thing.  Have some perspective on what the guy is doing.  If I was managing a Chick Fil-A, I'd probably hire an ex-con that was on parole so long as I felt like he was not a risk to other employees.  I wouldn't vote for him to be president.  
    I assumed that was going to be your response. I'm just using Trump as the most famous example of someone that is terrible in every way, yet there's people that turn a blind eye to it because he can benefit them. 
    I'd still argue context matters.  AB has issues.  Trump probably does too, but AB isn't necessarily awful in every way nor does AB corrupt and pollute everyone around him, with his soullessness (so far as we know). 
    I'd argue that doing this in front of his children and police could corrupt and pollute his children. And this is the stuff he live streams to the world. Lord knows what he's like in private.

I hope he turns his life around like others have said. Frankly, I think he was of the all-time great players when he was with Pittsburgh. Like...on the Randy Moss/Terrell Owens level. So it is a shame to see. But you can't go through life ripping people off (another Trump/Brown parallel), disrespecting people that give you a chance despite your troubles (Raiders, Pats, Bucs), and on top of that commit violent crimes. He needs to forget about football (and being in the public eye at all) and turn things around, or else the next AB headline we read could be a tragic one. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,412
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'd argue that doing this in front of his children and police could corrupt and pollute his children. And this is the stuff he live streams to the world. Lord knows what he's like in private.

I hope he turns his life around like others have said. Frankly, I think he was of the all-time great players when he was with Pittsburgh. Like...on the Randy Moss/Terrell Owens level. So it is a shame to see. But you can't go through life ripping people off (another Trump/Brown parallel), disrespecting people that give you a chance despite your troubles (Raiders, Pats, Bucs), and on top of that commit violent crimes. He needs to forget about football (and being in the public eye at all) and turn things around, or else the next AB headline we read could be a tragic one. 

He has in common one more thing w one of those players, Terrell Owens was off his chain too.  Randy Moss was was just a jerk but learned to act better w maturity.

Edit:  Just watched that video.  Is that really AB live streaming that?  Dear lord man...
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Sure he should focus on himself.  My point is not that AB is a good person,  rather I think it's ironic that people talk about mental health out of one side of the mouth and then when a person,  who clearly has issues,  gets another chance and blows it,  we all act so righteous and shocked that he ever had a chance. 

One would think that this incident had some sort of causal effect on yesterday

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Sure he should focus on himself.  My point is not that AB is a good person,  rather I think it's ironic that people talk about mental health out of one side of the mouth and then when a person,  who clearly has issues,  gets another chance and blows it,  we all act so righteous and shocked that he ever had a chance. 

That incident in the video is over a year old. I was just using it as an example of him corrupting and polluting people around him. 

And this is the third chance he's blowing. 

And yes, I was shocked he got a chance on the Bucs when it happened. Not "righteously" now after he's been cut. I figured (foolishly) that him getting kicked off the Patriots for threatening a woman's children in DMs, and then publicly insulting Robert Kraft (who gave him a chance to play even with a sexual assault lawsuit hanging over his head) would be a turn-off for Tom Brady. Again, that was foolish of me to think. 

That's all I got on AB. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That incident in the video is over a year old. I was just using it as an example of him corrupting and polluting people around him. 

And yes, I was shocked he got a chance on the Bucs when it happened. Not "righteously" now after he's been cut. I figured (foolishly) that him getting kicked off the Patriots for threatening a woman's children in DMs, and then publicly insulting Robert Kraft (who gave him a chance to play even with a sexual assault lawsuit hanging over his head) would be a turn-off for Tom Brady. Again, that was foolish of me to think. 

That's all I got on AB. 
    I saw Dec 26th, 2021 on the tag.  I thought this was last week. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That's all I got on AB. 
    I saw Dec 26th, 2021 on the tag.  I thought this was last week. 
    No when Brown was being asked about his fake vax card a week ago, he told the media they're trying to start drama. So that twitter user must've posted it on Dec. 26th as an example of him starting drama. I believe the incident in the video is from Summer 2019. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Who’s Bruce Arians trying to contact?  Is ET his play caller?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,360
    Did anyone notice that no one tried to stop him?  He got side eyed and they let him walk off.
    not true. he was in mid-discussion in taking the jersey/pads off.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Brady and Arians deserve all the criticism in the world for excusing / ignoring / overlooking AB's sociopathic behavior for the sake of winning. 
    Throw "enabling" in there too. They both look ridiculous. But at least Arians is sort of a puppet. Brady did some big time mental gymnastics and decompartmentalizing to justify Brown on the team. 
    100%, Enabling should have been included in my statement. 

I believe AB is mentally ill. How much of his behavior can be chalked up to that I'm sure I don't know, but the fact is, Brady & Arians & everyone in Tampa knew who they were getting and had no problem overlooking his bullshit for the sake of winning. They deserve to get dragged for that.

Rapoport reported that AB said his ankle was sore & didn't want to go back in, they said if he didn't go in, he was done, so he left. If there's any truth to that, that's a bad look for Arians. 

We all overlook bullshit for the sake of something.  If you have someone on a team at work that is a problem, you tend to give that person multiple chances if they are a good contributor.  At some point it may become too much, but not at first. - I don't disagree, but I think we're past the "At some point" stage of your scenario. (let's not forget some of the bullshit being overlooked includes him threatening someone who made sexual assault claims against him and the incident w/ the moving company.) This isn't typical diva bullshit. 

AT the end of the day AB walked off the job in the middle of the work day.  Big fucking deal.  Everyone is acting like he was piloting a plane, not one of 6 WR on the roster. - according to Rapoport Arians told him then & there he was done with the team... if this is true, he walked off the field after getting fired. 
    Fair enough.. he can now file for unemployment.  

contract employees get unenployment?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Brady and Arians deserve all the criticism in the world for excusing / ignoring / overlooking AB's sociopathic behavior for the sake of winning. 
    Throw "enabling" in there too. They both look ridiculous. But at least Arians is sort of a puppet. Brady did some big time mental gymnastics and decompartmentalizing to justify Brown on the team. 
    100%, Enabling should have been included in my statement. 

I believe AB is mentally ill. How much of his behavior can be chalked up to that I'm sure I don't know, but the fact is, Brady & Arians & everyone in Tampa knew who they were getting and had no problem overlooking his bullshit for the sake of winning. They deserve to get dragged for that.

Rapoport reported that AB said his ankle was sore & didn't want to go back in, they said if he didn't go in, he was done, so he left. If there's any truth to that, that's a bad look for Arians. 

We all overlook bullshit for the sake of something.  If you have someone on a team at work that is a problem, you tend to give that person multiple chances if they are a good contributor.  At some point it may become too much, but not at first. - I don't disagree, but I think we're past the "At some point" stage of your scenario. (let's not forget some of the bullshit being overlooked includes him threatening someone who made sexual assault claims against him and the incident w/ the moving company.) This isn't typical diva bullshit. 

AT the end of the day AB walked off the job in the middle of the work day.  Big fucking deal.  Everyone is acting like he was piloting a plane, not one of 6 WR on the roster. - according to Rapoport Arians told him then & there he was done with the team... if this is true, he walked off the field after getting fired. 
    Fair enough.. he can now file for unemployment.  

contract employees get unenployment?
    It's a joke
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Did anyone notice that no one tried to stop him?  He got side eyed and they let him walk off.
    not true. he was in mid-discussion in taking the jersey/pads off.

Yeah someone pointed that out already.  I posted a video showing Evans talking to him.
  • Options
    It’s to bad AB did not think this out…he could have scrawled fuck u Goodale on his chest…

if he did that, we’d all salute him…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

This video, this language....just WOW! Great work by the police officers. Can't imagine if...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    Imagine how valuable the jersey he flung into the crowd will be!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Imagine how valuable the jersey he flung into the crowd will be!

just an undershirt. jersey and pads thrown down on the sideline.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    I'm actually surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often, given the level of stress these people are under at this level. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm actually surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often, given the level of stress these people are under at this level. 
    Deion Sanders tried to kill himself.  I do remember that.
  • Options
    Has AB ever claimed he suffers from mental health issues, or are we just assuming...maybe he just is a dick, maybe he enjoys being a dick...

I think the WWE should call him...they are made for each other.  He'd be a natural villain...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    He and Rodgers can become tag team masters...they'd both fit in well with the WWE...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Has AB ever claimed he suffers from mental health issues, or are we just assuming...maybe he just is a dick, maybe he enjoys being a dick...

I think the WWE should call him...they are made for each other.  He'd be a natural villain...lol
    I'm thinking a boxing match with one of the Paul brothers, followed by a career in porn. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

I'm thinking a boxing match with one of the Paul brothers, followed by a career in porn. 
    lol.  porn is AB future.  hmmm.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Big Bens last home game tonight…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    @mrussel1 .....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    @mrussel1 .....
    I'm painfully aware of how poorly Baker played last night.  He may have had his last start for the Browns.  I would start Case next week.  You can't put him out there and look that shaken.  It's a terrible signal to the rest of the team.  I thought he should have been benched at halftime last night.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    @mrussel1 .....
    I'm painfully aware of how poorly Baker played last night.  He may have had his last start for the Browns.  I would start Case next week.  You can't put him out there and look that shaken.  It's a terrible signal to the rest of the team.  I thought he should have been benched at halftime last night.  

its hard to play well when you are sacked 9 times. Just ask Joe Burrows....

Oh wait......

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    @mrussel1 .....

Oh wait......
    You don't get sacked 9 times if the ball comes out on time.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    @mrussel1 .....

Oh wait......
    You don't get sacked 9 times if the ball comes out on time.  

or your line can protect..... just ask Joe Burrows....

Oh wait....