Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    She is calling the coach out?  C'mon with that crap.  The coach has to calm egos.  What was he expected to say?  He walks on eggshells around AB?
    Have you followed any of this? Arians didn't want AB on the team from the start. Probably because he sat and watched Brown be accused of rape, arrested for assaulting a truck driver, live streaming himself berating his baby-mama in front of police and his children, and be completely unprofessional and disrespectful to the Steelers, Raiders, and Patriots (among other things). But Tom Brady wanted him anyway, so Arians had to play ball. Then Arians said if there is one slip up, he's gone. Then of course Brown gets a fake vax card, but Arians still couldn't get rid of him because of Brady. 

Oh and how about Brady's press conference yesterday? He hopes people are compassionate and empathetic towards Brown. Hilarious. Maybe Tom should take Brown back in his home and help him improve his life WITHOUT the benefit of Brown catching footballs for him. You think Tom is compassionate and empathetic enough to do that? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,287

What really happened 
    Now we know who is replacing Joe Gatto.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,074
    She is calling the coach out?  C'mon with that crap.  The coach has to calm egos.  What was he expected to say?  He walks on eggshells around AB?
    Have you followed any of this? Arians didn't want AB on the team from the start. Probably because he sat and watched Brown be accused of rape, arrested for assaulting a truck driver, live streaming himself berating his baby-mama in front of police and his children, and be completely unprofessional and disrespectful to the Steelers, Raiders, and Patriots (among other things). But Tom Brady wanted him anyway, so Arians had to play ball. Then Arians said if there is one slip up, he's gone. Then of course Brown gets a fake vax card, but Arians still couldn't get rid of him because of Brady. 

Oh and how about Brady's press conference yesterday? He hopes people are compassionate and empathetic towards Brown. Hilarious. Maybe Tom should take Brown back in his home and help him improve his life WITHOUT the benefit of Brown catching footballs for him. You think Tom is compassionate and empathetic enough to do that? 
    negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,074
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,558

Brady and Arians deserve all the criticism in the world for excusing / ignoring / overlooking AB's sociopathic behavior for the sake of winning. 
  • Options

Brady and Arians deserve all the criticism in the world for excusing / ignoring / overlooking AB's sociopathic behavior for the sake of winning. 
    Throw "enabling" in there too. They both look ridiculous. But at least Arians is sort of a puppet. Brady did some big time mental gymnastics and decompartmentalizing to justify Brown on the team. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,723

I was impressed with Tom's statement.  It's clear that AB has mental health issues.  Is mental health no longer health?  I support giving people as many chances as you can.  If AB goes to counseling and tries to come back in a year, I'd be cool with someone taking him. Now it's a risk because he is obviously a distraction, but sure give him another chance. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I was impressed with Tom's statement.  It's clear that AB has mental health issues.  Is mental health no longer health?  I support giving people as many chances as you can.  If AB goes to counseling and tries to come back in a year, I'd be cool with someone taking him. Now it's a risk because he is obviously a distraction, but sure give him another chance. 
    Tom knows the rap sheet. And knows of his mental health issues. But mental health issues doesn't give someone an excuse to act like a total asshole. And I'm not talking about walking of the field yesterday or any other football-related stuff. If you followed Brown from his release from the Steelers to his signing with the Bucs, there was MAJOR issues typical of a sociopath that Brady bringing in Tony Robbins to talk to him wasn't going to solve. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,614
    I agree they are all trash.  They see AB for one thing.  Touchdowns.  All the noise is just inconveniences that can be overlooked.  He tears off his equipment and runs off the field mid-game?  Its at the point of no return and they pretend to be concerned for the man.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Tom knows the rap sheet. And knows of his mental health issues. But mental health issues doesn't give someone an excuse to act like a total asshole. And I'm not talking about walking of the field yesterday or any other football-related stuff. If you followed Brown from his release from the Steelers to his signing with the Bucs, there was MAJOR issues typical of a sociopath that Brady bringing in Tony Robbins to talk to him wasn't going to solve. 
    Mental health issues make people act like assholes all the time.  It's pretty common.  So why are we surprised, outraged, shaking our righteous fingers?  I know exactly what AB did to his welcome in PItt, NE, and now TB.  Do people with mental health issues not get more chances?  Is there a limit?  Yes, Tampa was taking a chance, but it was a good chance to take.  He helped them win some big games and AB had his head on (relatively) straight for a while.  Now it's off.  Move on.  Hopefully he gets help and hopefully someone else gives him another chance in the future. 
  • Options

Throw "enabling" in there too. They both look ridiculous. But at least Arians is sort of a puppet. Brady did some big time mental gymnastics and decompartmentalizing to justify Brown on the team. 
    100%, Enabling should have been included in my statement. 

I believe AB is mentally ill. How much of his behavior can be chalked up to that I'm sure I don't know, but the fact is, Brady & Arians & everyone in Tampa knew who they were getting and had no problem overlooking his bullshit for the sake of winning. They deserve to get dragged for that.

Rapoport reported that AB said his ankle was sore & didn't want to go back in, they said if he didn't go in, he was done, so he left. If there's any truth to that, that's a bad look for Arians. 

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I agree they are all trash.  They see AB for one thing.  Touchdowns.  All the noise is just inconveniences that can be overlooked.  He tears off his equipment and runs off the field mid-game?  Its at the point of no return and they pretend to be concerned for the man.
    So they should have really done him a favor as a human being and never gave him a chance?
  • Options

Yes I have followed it.  The coach was handcuffed about AB, we all knew that which is why I questioned her calling out the coach.  Was she following any of this?
  • Options

As did Brady and Belichick in 2019.
  • Options

I believe AB is mentally ill. How much of his behavior can be chalked up to that I'm sure I don't know, but the fact is, Brady & Arians & everyone in Tampa knew who they were getting and had no problem overlooking his bullshit for the sake of winning. They deserve to get dragged for that.

Rapoport reported that AB said his ankle was sore & didn't want to go back in, they said if he didn't go in, he was done, so he left. If there's any truth to that, that's a bad look for Arians. 

We all overlook bullshit for the sake of something.  If you have someone on a team at work that is a problem, you tend to give that person multiple chances if they are a good contributor.  At some point it may become too much, but not at first.  

AT the end of the day AB walked off the job in the middle of the work day.  Big fucking deal.  Everyone is acting like he was piloting a plane, not one of 6 WR on the roster. 
  • Options
    Did anyone notice that no one tried to stop him?  He got side eyed and they let him walk off.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

As did Brady and Belichick in 2019.
    Agreed. 

That Brady was such a bitch after they released him baffled me, as did most of his behavior in 2019. 
  • Options
    Did anyone notice that no one tried to stop him?  He got side eyed and they let him walk off.
    Evans appeared to try and stop him at first but gave up.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Mental health issues make people act like assholes all the time.  It's pretty common.  So why are we surprised, outraged, shaking our righteous fingers?  I know exactly what AB did to his welcome in PItt, NE, and now TB.  Do people with mental health issues not get more chances?  Is there a limit?  Yes, Tampa was taking a chance, but it was a good chance to take.  He helped them win some big games and AB had his head on (relatively) straight for a while.  Now it's off.  Move on.  Hopefully he gets help and hopefully someone else gives him another chance in the future. 
    That’s like the Republicans that know Trump is a narcissistic and a sociopath saying “Yeah but he got us some court appointments.”

I was calling AB the Trump of football players back when New England signed him: do everything wrong, be callous towards everyone, and still get your way. Why? Because no matter how despicable you are, there’s someone that could benefit from you. Whether it be Mitch McConnell types with Trump, or Tom Brady types with Brown. 

And the same way Trump has “needed help” for decades and hasn’t changed a bit, neither will Brown. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

We all overlook bullshit for the sake of something.  If you have someone on a team at work that is a problem, you tend to give that person multiple chances if they are a good contributor.  At some point it may become too much, but not at first. - I don't disagree, but I think we're past the "At some point" stage of your scenario. (let's not forget some of the bullshit being overlooked includes him threatening someone who made sexual assault claims against him and the incident w/ the moving company.) This isn't typical diva bullshit. 

AT the end of the day AB walked off the job in the middle of the work day.  Big fucking deal.  Everyone is acting like he was piloting a plane, not one of 6 WR on the roster. - according to Rapoport Arians told him then & there he was done with the team... if this is true, he walked off the field after getting fired. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That’s like the Republicans that know Trump is a narcissistic and a sociopath saying “Yeah but he got us some court appointments.”

I was calling AB the Trump of football players back when New England signed him: do everything wrong, be callous towards everyone, and still get your way. Why? Because no matter how despicable you are, there’s someone that could benefit from you. Whether it be Mitch McConnell types with Trump, or Tom Brady types with Brown. 

And the same way Trump has “needed help” for decades and hasn’t changed a bit, neither will Brown. 
    He's playing a football game, he's not the president.  That's what's bothering me about this whole thing.  Have some perspective on what the guy is doing.  If I was managing a Chick Fil-A, I'd probably hire an ex-con that was on parole so long as I felt like he was not a risk to other employees.  I wouldn't vote for him to be president.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

We all overlook bullshit for the sake of something.  If you have someone on a team at work that is a problem, you tend to give that person multiple chances if they are a good contributor.  At some point it may become too much, but not at first. - I don't disagree, but I think we're past the "At some point" stage of your scenario. (let's not forget some of the bullshit being overlooked includes him threatening someone who made sexual assault claims against him and the incident w/ the moving company.) This isn't typical diva bullshit. 

AT the end of the day AB walked off the job in the middle of the work day.  Big fucking deal.  Everyone is acting like he was piloting a plane, not one of 6 WR on the roster. - according to Rapoport Arians told him then & there he was done with the team... if this is true, he walked off the field after getting fired. 
    Fair enough.. he can now file for unemployment.  
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Someone actually tried?  I did not see that.  All I saw was him taking off his pads and people side eyeing him.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Someone actually tried?  I did not see that.  All I saw was him taking off his pads and people side eyeing him.
    https://youtu.be/3jwR34BCFvI
  • Options

First time I saw this.  Thanks for letting me know that someone tried to stop him.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    https://youtu.be/3jwR34BCFvI
    HA!  I just posted that too.  I went looking for it and found this.
  • Options
    Player walks off the field mid game = total outrage and everyone associated with him is scum.

NFL owner has a toxic work place and treats woman like shit for a decade plus, Commish looks the other way, fans yawn and it’s crickets.

Good to see everyone has their priorities straight. “Integrity of the game.” Yea, sure, right on.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

He's playing a football game, he's not the president.  That's what's bothering me about this whole thing.  Have some perspective on what the guy is doing.  If I was managing a Chick Fil-A, I'd probably hire an ex-con that was on parole so long as I felt like he was not a risk to other employees.  I wouldn't vote for him to be president.  
    I assumed that was going to be your response. I'm just using Trump as the most famous example of someone that is terrible in every way, yet there's people that turn a blind eye to it because he can benefit them. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Player walks off the field mid game = total outrage and everyone associated with him is scum.

NFL owner has a toxic work place and treats woman like shit for a decade plus, Commish looks the other way, fans yawn and it’s crickets.

Good to see everyone has their priorities straight. “Integrity of the game.” Yea, sure, right on.
    Who is outraged here? 
  • Options

Who is outraged here? 
    Read through some of the posts and you tell me.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©