Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    There's no comparison here. Come on.

I'm wasn't comparing them as players. I'm saying the situation of being a second-stringer who is a total distraction to the team was similar. And if each player was better, Tebow in general, and Kaepernick at the point he was benched for Blaine Gabbert, both would still be on a team, distractions be damned. 
    OK, if ANYONE followed the Jets at all they would know that Rex liked to be the center of attention and also ruined Mark Sanchez' career.  They gave him no help, when he was down he would not say who the starting quarter back was week in and week out.  Ruined his self esteem.  He got that stupid tattoo to show his love for Sanchez but never really showed it.

Tebow choosing to go to NY like someone mentioned though was absolutely stupid.  He was going into a losing situation right off the bat.
    Yeah Rex sucked. Sanchez's first two seasons was like a poor man's Ben Roethlisberger's first two seasons. Both had good run games and defenses, and had similar success.

1st seasons: Steelers 15-1, AFC championship loss; Jets 9-7, AFC Championship loss
    2nd seasons: Steelers 11-5; Super Bowl Champs; Jets 11-5, AFC Championship loss

Pretty similar. The difference though is Bill Cowher vs. Rex Ryan. After Ben's first season, do you recall Cowher getting a Ben tattoo, saying he wants a bullseye on his team's back, and saying he's not here to kiss Belichick's rings? No, of course not. That's why Sanchez's career went downward, and that's why Tebow was stupid to want to go there. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Probably my favorite part of the Madden doc....this hilarious quote about how coaches go from their best class in school being recess, to "genius" after they win some football games. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Tim Tebow sucked …

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Whatever happened to Tebow?  Is he still playing baseball?  Has he started a ministry, TV ministry?  Maybe he’s in Haiti 🇭🇹 rebuilding the country…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Whatever happened to Tebow?  Is he still playing baseball?  Has he started a ministry, TV ministry?  Maybe he’s in Haiti 🇭🇹 rebuilding the country…
    It must always rain where you are to be this miserable about everything all the time...

He retired from beisbol and will be back in the booth commentating where he does a good job.
  • Options

I'm wasn't comparing them as players. I'm saying the situation of being a second-stringer who is a total distraction to the team was similar. And if each player was better, Tebow in general, and Kaepernick at the point he was benched for Blaine Gabbert, both would still be on a team, distractions be damned. 
    OK, if ANYONE followed the Jets at all they would know that Rex liked to be the center of attention and also ruined Mark Sanchez' career.  They gave him no help, when he was down he would not say who the starting quarter back was week in and week out.  Ruined his self esteem.  He got that stupid tattoo to show his love for Sanchez but never really showed it.

Tebow choosing to go to NY like someone mentioned though was absolutely stupid.  He was going into a losing situation right off the bat.
    Yeah Rex sucked. Sanchez's first two seasons was like a poor man's Ben Roethlisberger's first two seasons. Both had good run games and defenses, and had similar success.

1st seasons: Steelers 15-1, AFC championship loss; Jets 9-7, AFC Championship loss

Pretty similar. The difference though is Bill Cowher vs. Rex Ryan. After Ben's first season, do you recall Cowher getting a Ben tattoo, saying he wants a bullseye on his team's back, and saying he's not here to kiss Belichick's rings? No, of course not. That's why Sanchez's career went downward, and that's why Tebow was stupid to want to go there. 
    The tat was to try and squelch the QB controversy but that didn't help.  Rex Ryan makes for great TV and players do enjoy playing for him but I think he was the worst.  Sanchez could have gotten better but they screwed that up...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

The tat was to try and squelch the QB controversy but that didn't help.  Rex Ryan makes for great TV and players do enjoy playing for him but I think he was the worst.  Sanchez could have gotten better but they screwed that up...
    His take  on Rodgers’ toe was hilariously self aware and earns him a lifetime pass as a talking head
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    edited December 2021
    ESPN…only know that because I seen some articles slamming him for taking the day after Meyer was canned off.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

His take  on Rodgers’ toe was hilariously self aware and earns him a lifetime pass as a talking head
    He is entertaining and I agree w you.  Hell, coach Salas of the Jets called his ass out!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    Tim Tebow sucked …

Urban thought he would be the next Kelce/Kittle..... also thought the racist strength coach was a good idea too 

too soon?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,358
    CROJAM95 said:
    Tim Tebow sucked …

Urban thought he would be the next Kelce/Kittle..... also thought the racist strength coach was a good idea too 

too soon?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    It must always rain where you are to be this miserable about everything all the time...

He retired from beisbol and will be back in the booth commentating where he does a good job.
    What did I say that was miserable???  Seriously.  Don't be so so soft and  have a sense of humour...you are the ONE getting offended over a garbage QB...lol.  You should laugh a little...get some gator skin...I'm sure even Tebow knows he sucked...just his fans who lack reality...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Kaepernick is not in the league for one reason. and one reason only.  Tebow got kicked out of the league because he sucked...only the densest amongst us does not see the difference.  All Tebow had going for him was his holy-roller shtick...lol  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    Tebow would be like 6 of 11 for 56 yards and they would win 11-5 and he would get all the credit
  • Options
    Madden, my most prescient memory is him calling the Pats’ first super bowl and him saying, “I don’t know why they’re going for it, they should just run out the clock and play/take their chances in overtime.” And me, as a long time  suffering New England sports fan, saying, “fuck you scully, we’re going all the fucking way!” Woot woot woot! And it happened. For once.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Kaepernick is not in the league for one reason. and one reason only.  Tebow got kicked out of the league because he sucked...only the densest amongst us does not see the difference.  All Tebow had going for him was his holy-roller shtick...lol  
    Kap fell apart after Harbaugh left.  He made him way better than what he was.  That being said nobody wanted the headache following them around for Kap to sit on the bench.
  • Options

What did I say that was miserable???  Seriously.  Don't be so so soft and  have a sense of humour...you are the ONE getting offended over a garbage QB...lol.  You should laugh a little...get some gator skin...I'm sure even Tebow knows he sucked...just his fans who lack reality...
    Soft?  Me?  No, wrong guy.  You should re-read your posts sometimes and tell me where the + and the - are in them.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,306

Soft?  Me?  No, wrong guy.  You should re-read your posts sometimes and tell me where the + and the - are in them.

most of his shit reads bitter
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446

Rex Ryan is a poor man's Buddy Ryan.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Rex Ryan is a poor man's Buddy Ryan.
    And Rob Ryan is a poor man's Ben McAdoo.
  • Options
    At least Rex won a couple of playoff games, including an upset of the 14-2 Patriots. Buddy never won one. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    But Buddy has this on his resume....

• Options
    Well Rex may have learned from Buddy's mistakes as a head coach. But you could make a case for Buddy being in the hall of fame. You cannot do that with Rex. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278
    At least Rex won a couple of playoff games, including an upset of the 14-2 Patriots. Buddy never won one. 
    Buddy didn't win any as a head coach but his defensive strategies changed the way the game was played.  His defenses in Chicago and Philly were incredible and he deserves a ton of credit as a defensive coach. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Buddy didn't win any as a head coach but his defensive strategies changed the way the game was played.  His defenses in Chicago and Philly were incredible and he deserves a ton of credit as a defensive coach. 
    And he’s always gotten credit for that. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Vikings Purple People Eaters too.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,782
    edited December 2021
    pjhawks said:
    Those defensive lines were great....as long as it wasn't the Super Bowl. Those Purple People Eaters were emasculated in every Super Bowl they played in, with each beatdown worse than the last. Buddy was only with them for one of them, but it was their worst showing....

SB4: Chiefs rushed for 151 yards

SB8: Dolphins rushed for 196 yards

SB9: Steelers rushed for 249 yards

SB11: Raiders rushed for 266 yards (with Buddy as defensive line coach)

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    A "best of" Madden on commentary compilation...

https://youtu.be/2PQgMzgp8QI

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    pjhawks said:
    Those defensive lines were great....as long as it wasn't the Super Bowl. Those Purple People Eaters were emasculated in every Super Bowl they played in, with each beatdown worse than the last. Buddy was only with them for one of them, but it was their worst showing....

He was a D coordinator for 9 years. 7 of those years the defense was ranked top 10 in points allowed. 6 times in the top 5. 

He was a defensive genius and one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the game. I don't think the same can be said for his son. Either of them.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

He was a D coordinator for 9 years. 7 of those years the defense was ranked top 10 in points allowed. 6 times in the top 5. 

He was a defensive genius and one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the game. I don't think the same can be said for his son. Either of them.
    You don't have to be so defensive (no pun intended) of him. I'm well aware of his 80's Bears defenses that were unstoppable and his Eagles defenses that were very good as well. But you said Rex is the poor man's Buddy (which really, Rex isn't even that), so I noted that at least Rex won some playoff games to give ole Rex a little credit. Then Tempo brought up his connection to the Vikings, and so I went to my Reddit profile and copied and pasted an old comment with Super Bowl stats that I always post whenever someone brings up those Purple People Eaters. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs: