______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    First pressing of Exile on Main street.  This album isn't bad.... just one of those hidden gems no one has ever heard of...
    My Go-To Record.  
    Mine too.  Whenever I can't decide what to play, I end up playing this and I'm never disappointed.  I also have the new half speed Abbey Road mastering.  When I listen with cans, I play the new copy.  When I use speakers, it's the original analogue.  The original has a little too much surface noise for cans.  
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    First pressing of Exile on Main street.  This album isn't bad.... just one of those hidden gems no one has ever heard of...
    My Go-To Record.  
    Mine too.  Whenever I can't decide what to play, I end up playing this and I'm never disappointed.  I also have the new half speed Abbey Road mastering.  When I listen with cans, I play the new copy.  When I use speakers, it's the original analogue.  The original has a little too much surface noise for cans.  
    For Abbey Road you need to find an original UK -2 / -1, By far the best pressing of the album,

MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    My Go-To Record.  
    For Abbey Road you need to find an original UK -2 / -1, By far the best pressing of the album,

Not Beatles Abbey Road, rather the Abbey Road studios half speed mastering of Exile. 

https://www.discogs.com/Rolling-Stones-Exile-On-Main-St/release/8501862
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    My Go-To Record.  

Not Beatles Abbey Road, rather the Abbey Road studios half speed mastering of Exile. 

Gotcha , cut at Abbey Road. 

Its crazy, I don’t even have s copy of Exile in my collection.... Crazy.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    My Go-To Record.  

Yes.... and yes that surprises me that you wouldn't have it.  You gots to change that shit soon... 
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    My Go-To Record.  

Yes.... and yes that surprises me that you wouldn't have it.  You gots to change that shit soon... 
    Agree, need to do some research and find some preferred pressinig options.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    My Go-To Record.  

You're like me. I research every album I buy.  If it's not going to sound better than a Flac,  why bother?  The only exception is pearl jam.  I buy those regardless and I never cease to be disappointed.
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    My Go-To Record.  

You're like me. I research every album I buy.  If it's not going to sound better than a Flac,  why bother?  The only exception is pearl jam.  I buy those regardless and I never cease to be disappointed.
    Lol, we are the same person.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Dylan-  "Blood on the Tracks" and "Desire"  Mo-Fi half speed masters....

I think that Desire has surpassed BOTT as my fave Dylan album. when did this happen???

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    lolobugg said:

I think that Desire has surpassed BOTT as my fave Dylan album. when did this happen???

When you realized that it's simply better.

No. 5 in the Bootleg Series of the Rolling Thunder Revue shows is probably the best live album extant.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    dankind said:
    lolobugg said:

When you realized that it's simply better.

No. 5 in the Bootleg Series of the Rolling Thunder Revue shows is probably the best live album extant.

agree totally-  I prefer the live versions of "Isis" and "Romance in Durango" to the studio versions by far

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

I SAW PEARL JAM
    What is that?

mrussel1 said:
    What is that?
    Mono The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (RSD 2018)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    This one’s easier to figure out. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    What is that?
    Ah... I know I'm probably a minority , but I don't like the Syd years.  It's a bit too 60's for me. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    What is that?
    Ah... I know I'm probably a minority , but I don't like the Syd years.  It's a bit too 60's for me. 
    You’re not at all in the minority; I’m pretty sure that I’m in the minority in considering Piper the best Pink Floyd album, and my favorite album sans Syd is Meddle. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    What is that?
    You’re not at all in the minority; I’m pretty sure that I’m in the minority in considering Piper the best Pink Floyd album, and my favorite album sans Syd is Meddle. 
    I love Meddle. It's fantastic.  2nd to dsotm
  • lanoisseforplanoisseforp Posts: 469

2017 Reissue - EU Pressing
     So how is that? I heard it's really good.  I have Pulse on cd/Flac but haven't listened to it in years. Is live PF worth having on vinyl,  and paying 80 bones?
    mrussel1 said:
     So how is that? I heard it's really good.  I have Pulse on cd/Flac but haven't listened to it in years. Is live PF worth having on vinyl,  and paying 80 bones?
    Yes definitely worth it. Sounds great.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I SAW PEARL JAM