• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The pinnacle for me. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Nice haul. I think On The Beach might be my favorite NY studio record. 
    Always took you for a Le Noise kind of guy.
    Haha.. not really sure how to take that.  I really like Daniel Lanois,  but mellower NY is always my preference. 
    i'm the opposite. le noise is my favourite after mirrorball. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,756
    dankind said:
    The pinnacle for me. 

Favorite!  Don't have it on wax. Greatest interactive cover.
    "Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers, but all that lives is born to dieeee. All I say to you is nothing really matters, all you do is stand and cryyyyy"
    Something like that.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    Loujoe said:
    dankind said:
    The pinnacle for me. 

"Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers, but all that lives is born to dieeee. All I say to you is nothing really matters, all you do is stand and cryyyyy"
    Something like that.

Yeah, that’s the way it goes.
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    dankind said:
    The pinnacle for me. 

Something like that.

This old platter is warped and a little noisy, but I haven't had the heart to replace it with the newer Page remasters yet. I've had much worse issues than a little warp and noise (namely, excessive skipping) with a few of those US repressings anyways, so I'm not entirely sold on their greatness.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    dankind said:
    The pinnacle for me. 

Something like that.

This old platter is warped and a little noisy, but I haven't had the heart to replace it with the newer Page remasters yet. I've had much worse issues than a little warp and noise (namely, excessive skipping) with a few of those US repressings anyways, so I'm not entirely sold on their greatness.
    I know the original (original reissue) of Houses was really bad in the US.  The Europe version didn't ahve the same issues.  But it went back to press at some point again and evidently it was cleaned up.  I have a EU version myself.  I haven't had issues with the remainder and III does sound great.  That's for sure. I don't ahve an original though.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    dankind said:
    The pinnacle for me. 

Something like that.

I know the original (original reissue) of Houses was really bad in the US.  The Europe version didn't ahve the same issues.  But it went back to press at some point again and evidently it was cleaned up.  I have a EU version myself.  I haven't had issues with the remainder and III does sound great.  That's for sure. I don't ahve an original though.
    Thanks for the review. I had issues with US pressings (non-deluxe versions) of II, IV and Houses of the Holy. Replaced the first two with US versions that were not as flawed; replaced the last with EU.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

you seem to spend a lot of time on your back. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options

Thanks, @nalyd61
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

• Options
    I forgot about the song “Haircut” by Down By Law 😂 Little PJ in the lyrics. 

• Options

• Options

• Options
    My friend found me a Creatures of the Night (the original version, I have the 1985 re-release) at a second hand store in Stockholm.

So happy (if it plays nicely).

Will have to pay like 120-150 dollars for the train up there to get it. But still.....
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Load is a better album than Ride the lightning.
  • Options

You know you're trolling there. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Wait. Yes. I meant Justice. better than Justice. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Justice is better than Lightning?  Disagree but not completely insane!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Justice is better than Lightning?  Disagree but not completely insane!
    Load is better than Justice.

The Outlaw Torn is better than any song on Justice. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    master rules all
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    master rules all
    Agreed.  My favorite is actually Garage Days, but since it's covers, I will agree with Master. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    master rules all
    Agreed.  My favorite is actually Garage Days, but since it's covers, I will agree with Master. 

kinda sucks when the pinnacle album you cut is only your second one.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Kill ’Em All remains my favorite. 

Pure thrash. No overly long wankfests. 

I also dig that it sounds like it was recorded in a crypt.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Kill ’Em All remains my favorite. 

Pure thrash. No overly long wankfests. 

I also dig that it sounds like it was recorded in a crypt.
    Definitely the most thrashiest...
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM