Just Because..... Jane’s fucking rule. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    master rules all
    Agreed.  My favorite is actually Garage Days, but since it's covers, I will agree with Master. 

kinda sucks when the pinnacle album you cut is only your second one.
    Ride the Lightning is the 2nd album. 

my bad. grew up on the era but didn't dive in til much later.. still their peak IMO
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    master rules all
    Agreed.  My favorite is actually Garage Days, but since it's covers, I will agree with Master. 

my bad. grew up on the era but didn't dive in til much later.. still their peak IMO
    I love Ride the Lightning. Creeping Death and Fade to Black are my favourite Metallica tracks 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    master rules all

I love Ride the Lightning. Creeping Death and Fade to Black are my favourite Metallica tracks 

well, I have my Friday night play list set....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Brookvale RE. Fantastic pressing. 
    Don’t love Popper’s politics, love of guns or the fact he stole the chords and guitar melody from “The High Road” by The Feelies for “Run-Around” but it’s such a great album. “Just Wait” is my favourite BT song. 

• Options

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889

Brookvale RE. Fantastic pressing. 
    Don’t love Popper’s politics, love of guns or the fact he stole the chords and guitar melody from “The High Road” by The Feelies for “Run-Around” but it’s such a great album. “Just Wait” is my favourite BT song. 

Would be nice to own this on vinyl...  
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    Finally opened up Train "Drops of Jupiter" .....  Great album, just need "My Private Nation" to be released on vinyl now... 
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    edited September 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    master rules all

Creeping Death without Jason screaming in the background is just half a song.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    master rules all

Cliff em all...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    master rules all

Cliff em all...

• Options

• Options
    Excellent

• Options

• Options
    ^^^ Listening to this, it takes me back to 1990 as a 17 year-old and remembering the fall of the Berlin Wall bringing so much hope for peace and happiness in the world. It was a joyous time, a feeling of global unity. I remember feeling our generation was going to carry on and make the world an even better place. More love, peace, understanding, co-operation, hope.  

Instead... the world has seemingly devolved.  I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this album but it has been tempered with that aforementioned reality.  
  • Options
    ^^^ Listening to this, it takes me back to 1990 as a 17 year-old and remembering the fall of the Berlin Wall bringing so much hope for peace and happiness in the world. It was a joyous time, a feeling of global unity. I remember feeling our generation was going to carry on and make the world an even better place. More love, peace, understanding, co-operation, hope.  

Instead... the world has seemingly devolved.  I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this album but it has been tempered with that aforementioned reality.  
    Does it sound nice? I ordered one from discogs. 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:

I had some surface noise and had some pops at the end of Side B.  Overall it’s pretty good but the crackling is noticeable. 

I’m listening to Primus - Suck on This now and there is no crackling. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:

dude. shoulda asked. my spot has like 20... was also one of the points of the thread. now about that rumours?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

dude. shoulda asked. my spot has like 20... was also one of the points of the thread. now about that rumours?
    Damn.. Oh well.  I did it get for $24 plus media mail shipping, so that's about right either way.  Does your place have another Rumours sitting around?
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,667
    A Hero’s Death (45 version)
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Damn.. Oh well.  I did it get for $24 plus media mail shipping, so that's about right either way.  Does your place have another Rumours sitting around?

likely. will call

• Options

This album is so freaking good.  Pressing is fantastic  
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

likely. will call

or not. likely that is. called. no joy. either place.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,880

Wish we were neighbors, you could crank it up, open your windows and I could flip out in the street! It's about time I heard that. I had 50 excuses not to see them that tour. should have went.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

likely. will call

Thanks for checking.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

likely. will call

Thanks for checking.
    no sweat. I think in the rsd thread a week before the next drop, I ask folks to post their lists? gives me a chance to know what to look for ahead of time, quantities etc...

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    Loujoe said:

Wish we were neighbors, you could crank it up, open your windows and I could flip out in the street! It's about time I heard that. I had 50 excuses not to see them that tour. should have went.
    Flip out Lou! 
    I’m going to make it a point to see them somewhere, sometime. 
  • Options