______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,841
    dankind said:

Classic. I have that one on vinyl as well. I got it in high school. It's been a long time since I listened to it. I hope it is still in decent shape.

• Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    Loujoe said:
    My primus is on it's way. Soooooooo another story. You know I'm full of them. Not one of my proudest moments...went to see les on his whales and woe tour. I went alone. Was a smallish venue. I called a good friend of mine before the show to share the preshow excitement. He blabbed about a few old friends that died from drug abuse...then I heard les starting 'running the gauntlet' hung up on my bummer talk and went in. Show was great mid show I was blowing off some bad feelings thinking about my dead friends. So I was flipping the bird to the world...les in pigface starting a song...stops the sold out show and calls me out...'hey why would you come to a show and give the band the finger. It means you want to have s.x with me or you are a dick'  crowd replys in unison 'he's a dick!' spotlight on me, he's waiting for me to reply. I said it means I want to go fishing with you...les replied 'Why would I want to go fishing with an as.hole'...cant make this stuff up! What a life man. Needless to say. I'm more careful about how I deal with my feelings in public.  Hindsight it really cracks me up in a nauseating way. I guess I am a dick! 
    End of confession...
    i have a similar "band interaction that didn't go the way I intended" story. a buddy and I were at a Black Mountain show. the lead singer/guitarist's name is Stephen McBean. I was right in front of him, in between songs. I scream out "YOU SUCK MCBEAN!" in what i thought was a very obvious Simpson's reference "you suck McBain". He just looked at me, said "wow" and moved on. Good thing I met him after the show and I explained myself. he laughed. but i still felt stupid embarrassed at all the other fans in attendance that thought i was being a dick. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    Thanks for sharing your awkward moment. That's hilarious too! It's hard to explain youself to a bunch of fans. Really no way to. If I took the mic I would have been killed!! I've since learned to behave more civilized. Boring but you^^know. Been to many primus shows and people are often yelling at les. It's the whole 'primus sucks' thing taken to another level...It's mainly his fault! Love Les!
  • Options

• Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,650

• Options

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    edited October 2020

how much did that cost you (if you don't mind me asking)?

edit: just checked discogs. can't believe a 4 lp set averages about $70. that's insanely good. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I almost didn’t get this one.

What the fuck was that asshole thinking?

Helluva show!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2020

how much did that cost you (if you don't mind me asking)?

edit: just checked discogs. can't believe a 4 lp set averages about $70. that's insanely good. 
    It cost me $108 CDN on amazon (shipping cost $4). Worth every penny. What an album.
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2020

Good pressing. Very happy with this one. That Faith No More live cover of War Pigs is amazing. Mike Patton gave everyone the ultimate template for forgetting a lyric! Lol
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    MedozK said:

Is that one of the later Abbey Road half speeds?
  • Options

• Options
    edited October 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Yea, picked it up today. Got the new A Love Supreme today also.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

What?  How?  I thought it wasn't out until next week!   What's the word on it?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Listening now... now I only have a mediocre United pressing (digital) reissue...so I don't really have a lot to compare to... but it sounds GREAT so far. Well worth $30.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Listening now... now I only have a mediocre United pressing (digital) reissue...so I don't really have a lot to compare to... but it sounds GREAT so far. Well worth $30.
    Sterling sound and Ryan Smith..  They do good work for sure.  
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Sterling sound and Ryan Smith..  They do good work for sure.  
    Yep and pressed at QRP... dead quiet vinyl.
  • Options

• Options

Side B is gold. True listening pleasure. 
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Picked up this 9 lp set missing the box. Had to dig deep in a couple boxes to find all the records. Dirt cheap delicious music. Crazy blues history. So little time so much music. Dudes ripping on the mouth harp pulling some crazy notes. So good. 
  • Options
    "work all summer, all fall, gonna spend christmas in my overalls, will I get a break somewhere, before long."
    Nothing too clever about those blues lyrics. Nothing bad about them either. Simply there to sit with and keep me company.
  • Options