Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited May 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Why are you even talking about blind allegiance and fandom? All I'm saying is that we don't need stupid, childish, populist-esque rhetoric in order to hold his feet to the fire. Share the facts, not shit like "he will give the terrorists a big hug" and calling him "little boy" (you know he's not a little boy, so wtf are you talking about when you say you think he's a little boy??), and you continue to characterize the PM's perspective on this. That's not me defending his perspective. It's me voicing my opposition to how you present it. I don't understand how you are defending that given the facts, and being a reasonable adult. You are still trying debate the issue, which we already agree upon (although a rehabilitated ISIS guy could be a great voice for Canada. An un-rehabilitated one wouldn't be). I'm saying I want Canadians to drag political debate out of the muddy playground. I want it to be rational and mature. But it's going in the opposite direction, and that is a terrible thing.
    And omfg, that "he's not ready" thing is infuriating for the exact reason I'm talking about. That is such stupid bullshit. Are you going to mention his hair now too?
    Lol.

The facts have been presented and they've been damaging for Mr. Trudeau.

I'm sorry his miserable performance on so many issues leads so many to caricaturize him; however, don't get too worked up about that- it's a common practice and par for the course in politics (have you been in the Trump thread?).

The 'he's not ready' thing might be infuriating to you, but to others... it's a very real reminder that perhaps some people were right when the expression was uttered as the country was set to embrace him. His actions to this point indicate they weren't far from the mark.

I voted for him. I'm not regretting my choice (Harper was a bigger tool), but it's safe to say I'm disappointed.
    I am not sure what you're lol'ing at.
    Yes, the facts have been presented, and they are both damaging to the PM, as well as proof that the silly rhetoric about him is garbage.

The "he's not ready" thing is just plain old bullshit. He was as ready as the guy the ones who made up the slogan were trying to get elected. I personally disagree that this action have indicated otherwise, and that absolutely includes the things that I very much disapprove of. I feel like people simply can't consider this objectively. It's just "I don't like it, therefore he's a moron and wasn't ready." It's crap. It's really just "I don't agree. I'm not happy with that."

Yes, I've been in the Trump thread as you know, and that is one of the reasons I am indeed getting worked up about it. I think it's important that someone does, because the long-term results of that kind of rhetoric can be profound.... Well, we see what damage it can lead to in the US right now!

I'm disappointed about some things, and not at all disappointed about others. Surely you feel the same way - I can't believe you think EVERYTHING he's done sucks, since he's fulfilled a few campaign promises to the T.

I'm as objective as it gets (debatably).

The legalization of dope was a very significant accomplishment and one I'm very pleased with.

I just really struggle with his silly ways (peoplekind), the gun to my head (with the pipeline), and most significantly (to a level where he has lost me)... what we have been talking about here. I know there was a challenge there, but my whole point is that challenge needed to be met- there wasn't even an effort. To boot, the 'pitch' for Canadians to endorse the idleness was poor (the rehabilitated ISIS guys will be great voices for Canada).

There's other items as well, but I'm not going there right now.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Why are you even talking about blind allegiance and fandom? All I'm saying is that we don't need stupid, childish, populist-esque rhetoric in order to hold his feet to the fire. Share the facts, not shit like "he will give the terrorists a big hug" and calling him "little boy" (you know he's not a little boy, so wtf are you talking about when you say you think he's a little boy??), and you continue to characterize the PM's perspective on this. That's not me defending his perspective. It's me voicing my opposition to how you present it. I don't understand how you are defending that given the facts, and being a reasonable adult. You are still trying debate the issue, which we already agree upon (although a rehabilitated ISIS guy could be a great voice for Canada. An un-rehabilitated one wouldn't be). I'm saying I want Canadians to drag political debate out of the muddy playground. I want it to be rational and mature. But it's going in the opposite direction, and that is a terrible thing.
    And omfg, that "he's not ready" thing is infuriating for the exact reason I'm talking about. That is such stupid bullshit. Are you going to mention his hair now too?
    Lol.

I'm sorry his miserable performance on so many issues leads so many to caricaturize him; however, don't get too worked up about that- it's a common practice and par for the course in politics (have you been in the Trump thread?).

The 'he's not ready' thing might be infuriating to you, but to others... it's a very real reminder that perhaps some people were right when the expression was uttered as the country was set to embrace him. His actions to this point indicate they weren't far from the mark.

I voted for him. I'm not regretting my choice (Harper was a bigger tool), but it's safe to say I'm disappointed.
    Yes, the facts have been presented, and they are both damaging to the PM, as well as proof that the silly rhetoric about him is garbage.

The "he's not ready" thing is just plain old bullshit. He was as ready as the guy the ones who made up the slogan were trying to get elected. I personally disagree that this action have indicated otherwise, and that absolutely includes the things that I very much disapprove of. I feel like people simply can't consider this objectively. It's just "I don't like it, therefore he's a moron and wasn't ready." It's crap. It's really just "I don't agree. I'm not happy with that."

Yes, I've been in the Trump thread as you know, and that is one of the reasons I am indeed getting worked up about it. I think it's important that someone does, because the long-term results of that kind of rhetoric can be profound.... Well, we see what damage it can lead to in the US right now!

I'm disappointed about some things, and not at all disappointed about others. Surely you feel the same way - I can't believe you think EVERYTHING he's done sucks, since he's fulfilled a few campaign promises to the T.
    The “little boy” and “he’s not ready” comments are just this month’s “get him latte”, because that stopped getting any reaction. Similarly meaningless. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I'm still trying to work out why everyone got so rattled over the peoplekind joke, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lol.

The “little boy” and “he’s not ready” comments are just this month’s “get him latte”, because that stopped getting any reaction. Similarly meaningless

To be fair... just like a lot of your fluff, Often.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Of course there isn't.
    Are there any pending laws that would put these people in jail for good?
    We used to have a law that revoked their citizenship...then the current government repealed it as one of their first acts.

There’s also a law still on the books that makes it illegal to support terrorist groups in any way, including traveling abroad to participate directly, punishable by up to 10 years in prison. The problem with this law is gathering evidence to prove the case “beyond a reasonable doubt”. Perhaps it could be amended to become a reverse-onus charge (where the burden falls on the accused to prove their innocence)?

Edit: Oops, just saw “pending,” my bad.
    Again I just want to qualify that first statement. Yes, the current government repealed a law, but not to help terrorists obviously. It was to help immigrants and refugees who don't deserve to be expelled, not to help those who do deserve it to stick around. Now, I've never understood why a lot of laws can't just be written with a lot more fine detail in order to better handle exclusions ... perhaps a lawyer has a good answer to why that never seems to be the case in Canada or elsewhere. It's like that sledgehammer I was talking about but in reverse. It's very frustrating. Perhaps the answer is something at least half reasonable... and perhaps the answer is "the people in control are fucking lazy assholes who couldn't be bothered to do it right." I honestly am not sure.
    I had to double check, and I admit I didn’t properly represent the law passed be the conservative government. What it did was strip dual citizens of their Canadian citizenship after an individual had been convicted of a terrorist act, and it was repealed on the basis of Trudeau’s “a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian” comment and philosophy. It led to one of the Toronto 18 remaining Canadian.

I also agree with the other comment that we need to tread very carefully with reverse-onus laws, but there has been precedent, I’ll have to google that next, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Of course there isn't.
    We used to have a law that revoked their citizenship...then the current government repealed it as one of their first acts.

There’s also a law still on the books that makes it illegal to support terrorist groups in any way, including traveling abroad to participate directly, punishable by up to 10 years in prison. The problem with this law is gathering evidence to prove the case “beyond a reasonable doubt”. Perhaps it could be amended to become a reverse-onus charge (where the burden falls on the accused to prove their innocence)?

Again I just want to qualify that first statement. Yes, the current government repealed a law, but not to help terrorists obviously. It was to help immigrants and refugees who don't deserve to be expelled, not to help those who do deserve it to stick around. Now, I've never understood why a lot of laws can't just be written with a lot more fine detail in order to better handle exclusions ... perhaps a lawyer has a good answer to why that never seems to be the case in Canada or elsewhere. It's like that sledgehammer I was talking about but in reverse. It's very frustrating. Perhaps the answer is something at least half reasonable... and perhaps the answer is "the people in control are fucking lazy assholes who couldn't be bothered to do it right." I honestly am not sure.
    I had to double check, and I admit I didn’t properly represent the law passed be the conservative government. What it did was strip dual citizens of their Canadian citizenship after an individual had been convicted of a terrorist act, and it was repealed on the basis of Trudeau’s “a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian” comment and philosophy. It led to one of the Toronto 18 remaining Canadian.

I also agree with the other comment that we need to tread very carefully with reverse-onus laws, but there has been precedent, I’ll have to google that next, lol.
    Some initial info. Reverse onus does exist in rare cases but very rarely succeeds and most have already been struck down (see Canada section) 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_onus
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Of course there isn't.

Some initial info. Reverse onus does exist in rare cases but very rarely succeeds and most have already been struck down (see Canada section) 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_onus
    Thanks, I did see that as well, but still haven’t figured out how to post links on my phone. Then tonight’s hockey game started, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    Further to the above - reverse onus largely exists in procedural matters, such as an accused having to prove that they are suitable to be released on bail. I don’t think it applies to a legal finding per se.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    No, if he weren't cognizant of the legal difficulties and technicalities involved here, then he'd be a moron.

So Canadian law makes it difficult to challenge returning ISIS fighters coming home after things didn't work out very well for them? Surprising (sarcasm fully intended!).

But not impossible given the spectrum of the law.

As I stated... sometimes you need to pick your fights. If I was PM... this would definitely be one I'd be picking. Not ours though. Our PM seems to be rolling up his sleeves for a fight with BC to build a pipeline. He's in the corner in front of ISIS guys and Texas oil tycoons opposing average Canadians.
    Yes, that's right, it does. Sure, it's frustrating, but it certainly isn't Trudeau's fault.
    As I stated... I agree that the PM should be confronting this differently (and I wish he wasn't for the pipeline, but he never claimed otherwise, so that part isn't at all surprising to me). My only point has always been that he's not a moron for his view, doesn't want to give terrorists hugs, lol, and that hyperbolic bullshit being spewed by people on social media that completely warps reality and is just brainless propaganda is damaging and really the only moronic thing going on in this regard. It worries me because it's just so... Trumpian.

We're really close here.

I still think Trudeau has responsibility here because it's his leadership to challenge the process and pursue the legal avenues he has to thwart the return of beheaders.

What worries me is the fact that such light and passive leadership on issues such as this damages the left position (and rightly so). Some of the stuff you are talking about is rearing its head as a result of failed leadership and responsibility to the Canadian public in these matters. 
    Again I could google this but I'll ask the two of you....if an ISIS fighter returns home to canada you can't prosecute him or her?  Is that correct?
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    No, if he weren't cognizant of the legal difficulties and technicalities involved here, then he'd be a moron.

So Canadian law makes it difficult to challenge returning ISIS fighters coming home after things didn't work out very well for them? Surprising (sarcasm fully intended!).

As I stated... sometimes you need to pick your fights. If I was PM... this would definitely be one I'd be picking. Not ours though. Our PM seems to be rolling up his sleeves for a fight with BC to build a pipeline. He's in the corner in front of ISIS guys and Texas oil tycoons opposing average Canadians.
    Yes, that's right, it does. Sure, it's frustrating, but it certainly isn't Trudeau's fault.
    As I stated... I agree that the PM should be confronting this differently (and I wish he wasn't for the pipeline, but he never claimed otherwise, so that part isn't at all surprising to me). My only point has always been that he's not a moron for his view, doesn't want to give terrorists hugs, lol, and that hyperbolic bullshit being spewed by people on social media that completely warps reality and is just brainless propaganda is damaging and really the only moronic thing going on in this regard. It worries me because it's just so... Trumpian.

We're really close here.

I still think Trudeau has responsibility here because it's his leadership to challenge the process and pursue the legal avenues he has to thwart the return of beheaders.

What worries me is the fact that such light and passive leadership on issues such as this damages the left position (and rightly so). Some of the stuff you are talking about is rearing its head as a result of failed leadership and responsibility to the Canadian public in these matters. 
    Again I could google this but I'll ask the two of you....if an ISIS fighter returns home to canada you can't prosecute him or her?  Is that correct?
    The PM of Canada prefers hugs over accountability...
    Pleas tell me there is no support amongst the Canadian people for these pieces of shit.
    If ISIS was able to recruit POS to go from Canada to participate in there terror cause, then of course its reasonable to a assume their are Canadians that support these terror groups...just like their are people in the US that support terror groups.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

We're really close here.

mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

We're really close here.

The PM of Canada prefers hugs over accountability...
    Pleas tell me there is no support amongst the Canadian people for these pieces of shit.
    If ISIS was able to recruit POS to go from Canada to participate in there terror cause, then of course its reasonable to a assume their are Canadians that support these terror groups...just like their are people in the US that support terror groups.
    You are absolutely right.  ugh
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Trudeau wishes to compensate Kinder Morgan for their 'inconveniences' in the BC/Alberta pipeline dispute.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/morneau-kinder-morgan-pipeline-announement-1.4665009

Lol
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited May 2018
    Naomi Klein has some thoughts about Trudeau kowtowing to big oil (she's more eloquent than me and won't say something meaningless like... well... you know what):

edited May 2018
    I wonder how tax payers who like the idea of the pipeline feel about being forced to actually pay for the thing themselves? Are they okay with their government becoming pipeline builders and using their money to do it??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited May 2018

Jason Kenney called Justin Trudeau an 'empty trust-fund millionaire’ and he's not taking it back

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/united-conservative-leader-criticized-after-calling-trudeau-empty-clueless

Alberta this is likely your next premier.  Canadian politics about become more interesting...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    As for the Trudeau government backing the pipeline with taxpayer funding, just proves to me even more that  Trudeau is spineless.  He approved the pipeline, a company is willing to invest 7.5 billion of their/investors money into this pipeline and Trudeau has the responsibility to make sure the pipeline that he approved gets built...but Trudeau learned well from the Ontario Liberals that working in the PM's office ... when you don't have sound economic policy, let's use taxpayers money to fund profitable private corporations.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    B.C. warns it will take Alberta to court if oil exports are shut of

fhttp://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/b-c-shoots-back-at-ottawa-and-alberta-over-kinder-morgan-pipeline/wcm/f670b853-1dbf-44e7-9d47-35e5c6dfc1f9?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1526516293

Many people's from BC accuse Albertan's of being like Americans...yet it appears BC is more American by how litigious it is over frivolous law suits...thats the real America...sue.sue.sue.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Once again BC...If you have to pay 3-4/litre ... then you should back up pipeline free world by paying higher gas prices...don't yeah think?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Once again BC...If you have to pay 3-4/litre ... then you should back up pipeline free world by paying higher gas prices...don't yeah think?  
    Sure. 

If that's what the going rate is and what everyone else is paying.
    Sen. Paul McIntyre: Marijuana legalization puts Canadians at risk of lifetime bans to enter U.S.

http://windsorstar.com/opinion/op-ed/sen-paul-mcintyre-marijuana-legalization-puts-canadians-at-risk-of-lifetime-bans-to-enter-u-s/wcm/b23ff2c6-ddcf-4741-8aa9-4602deac6d13?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1526667906

Just lie to the US customs.  Problem somewhat solved.  They can still choose to not believe you and ban you, but you stand a better chance of being banned by admitting it...

Maybe just try no comment?  See if that works.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • "My brain's a good brain!"
    Sen. Paul McIntyre: Marijuana legalization puts Canadians at risk of lifetime bans to enter U.S.

http://windsorstar.com/opinion/op-ed/sen-paul-mcintyre-marijuana-legalization-puts-canadians-at-risk-of-lifetime-bans-to-enter-u-s/wcm/b23ff2c6-ddcf-4741-8aa9-4602deac6d13?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1526667906

Just lie to the US customs.  Problem somewhat solved.  They can still choose to not believe you and ban you, but you stand a better chance of being banned by admitting it...

Maybe just try no comment?  See if that works.
    I am not worried about this issue long term. This shit will straighten itself out soon enough - the USA isn't going to hold out that much longer, with all the states legalizing and the majority of voters being on board. Now that more and more politicians in the USA are realizing just how much money is in this business, they all starting to fold on the federal ban thing. Before you know it, half the Republicans in Congress and the Senate will be raking in the cash from the cannabis growers lobby.
    Marijuana will never be legal in the USA federally in my lifetime ... big Pharma lines enough US politicians pockets 2 insure it's illegal.  People are acting like there is some big movement to legalize marijuana ... the fact is there just isn't that big of movement worldwide.  Trudeau been promising legalization since being elected ... 3 fucking years to to legalize a rather harmless dug ... when in fact all he had to was decriminalize it with no fines ...

The other fact is the government has should have very little role to play ... the government and picked hand picked bureaucrats decided opiates are wise to be a legally prescribed drug ... yeah fuck the government and I could care a less about them and another liberal tax grab...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Marijuana will never be legal in the USA federally in my lifetime ... big Pharma lines enough US politicians pockets 2 insure it's illegal.  People are acting like there is some big movement to legalize marijuana ... the fact is there just isn't that big of movement worldwide.  Trudeau been promising legalization since being elected ... 3 fucking years to to legalize a rather harmless dug ... when in fact all he had to was decriminalize it with no fines ...

The other fact is the government has should have very little role to play ... the government and picked hand picked bureaucrats decided opiates are wise to be a legally prescribed drug ... yeah fuck the government and I could care a less about them and another liberal tax grab...

Simply decriminalizing leaves the product and revenue in the hands of meatballs. I want the country to regulate it so our kids don't smoke fentanyl and the revenue can support taxpayers.

Yes... I understand that there will still be people undercutting legal shops and that presents other problems; however, baby steps. You don't introduce an unflawed marijuana industry in two years. As much of a goof as Trudeau is... this venture is solid.
    Marijuana will never be legal in the USA federally in my lifetime ... big Pharma lines enough US politicians pockets 2 insure it's illegal.  People are acting like there is some big movement to legalize marijuana ... the fact is there just isn't that big of movement worldwide.  Trudeau been promising legalization since being elected ... 3 fucking years to to legalize a rather harmless dug ... when in fact all he had to was decriminalize it with no fines ...

Simply decriminalizing leaves the product and revenue in the hands of meatballs. I want the country to regulate it so our kids don't smoke fentanyl and the revenue can support taxpayers.

Yes... I understand that there will still be people undercutting legal shops and that presents other problems; however, baby steps. You don't introduce an unflawed marijuana industry in two years. As much of a goof as Trudeau is... this venture is solid.
    If I was using a dealer ... and the product he provided me was cheaper and good quality that what the government provides, then I'd stay with my dealer.  Plenty of things sold in this world are not under government control...I don't need any politician telling what I can and can not put in body...all Trudeau is, is a tax and spend liberal who like harper can't add....

Give Peas A Chance…

If I was using a dealer ... and the product he provided me was cheaper and good quality that what the government provides, then I'd stay with my dealer.  Plenty of things sold in this world are not under government control...I don't need any politician telling what I can and can not put in body...all Trudeau is, is a tax and spend liberal who like harper can't add....

Actually, not a lot of things sold aren't under government control, at least in our area of the world. Every single consumer product you buy, every clothing item, every item of food in a typical store, even virtually all items at a farmers' market or from a little home business, are under government control, for good reasons mostly related to safety and the expectation that the goods provided are as advertised. I can't think of much that is sold that isn't under government control except for maybe produce from a roadside stand, items from a garage sale, and the like. 
    Legalization date still up in the air, federal cannabis czar says

http://business.financialpost.com/business/legalization-date-still-up-in-the-air-federal-cannabis-czar-says?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1527251975

IDIOT politicians...there is absolutely nothing to get read for ... it's been in the communities for years ... idiot politicians all looking to cash in on the tax grab is all...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Legalization date still up in the air, federal cannabis czar says

http://business.financialpost.com/business/legalization-date-still-up-in-the-air-federal-cannabis-czar-says?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1527251975

IDIOT politicians...there is absolutely nothing to get read for ... it's been in the communities for years ... idiot politicians all looking to cash in on the tax grab is all...
    nothing to get ready for? you can't be serious. this is a massive undertaking with rules and regs about production, distribution, sale, consumption and possession laws, etc etc. that's just the tip of it. it's not just "ok, well, I have a pound already, let's set up a lemonade/weed stand". 

I agree with the police and provincial and civic politicians....the lack of communication by the feds is (or seems to be) staggering. I know he wants the provinces to take the bull when it comes to how they handle it, but still, there needs to be guidance from the feds as to how the laws will read so they are in compliance. if you aren't,  you could be flushing thousands of dollars down the toilet to change you processes after the fact, and of course, risking reelection because the blame will fall on the provincial and municipal politicians. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Legalization date still up in the air, federal cannabis czar says

Offer a safer product as well.

I'd much rather see profits from marijuana sales in the tax pool than gang members' mattresses.

This is a process and the we are likely going to 'learn by doing'. As such, prepare for some hiccups. That being said, I'm willing to exercise levels of patience and understanding towards this venture. It's worth it.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited May 2018
    This 'legalization' is a joke.  I don't see it as 'learn by doing', I see it as 'ensure we hand a multi-billion dollar industry over to our friends and lobbyists'. How many new laws have been created in the legalization process?  Varies by province, but something like 30?  
    Public intoxication penalties that make drunk in public fines look benign.  
    Intoxicated driving laws that will make it virtually impossible for any regular user or medicinal patient to drive legally.  
    Possession charges that carry increased penalties. 
    A $5k fine in BC for having your plants visible to your neighbors.
    Zero input or participation from the people who fought for legalization - craft growers completely shut out.
    Big green now lobbying to ban outdoor grows - doing everything in their power to consolidate and minimize competition before legalization even begins.... 
    Watching all these former cops and politicians and others who contributed to prohibition, including a family member of mine that always looked down on me, making asshole comments about cannabis consumers, get rich on the 'green rush' is a slap in the face.  
    Knew the libs would fuck this up.  So frustrating.  

edited May 2018
    This 'legalization' is a joke.  I don't see it as 'learn by doing', I see it as 'ensure we hand a multi-billion dollar industry over to our friends and lobbyists'. How many new laws have been created in the legalization process?  Varies by province, but something like 30?  
    Public intoxication penalties that make drunk in public fines look benign.  
    Intoxicated driving laws that will make it virtually impossible for any regular user or medicinal patient to drive legally.  
    Possession charges that carry increased penalties. 
    A $5k fine in BC for having your plants visible to your neighbors.
    Zero input or participation from the people who fought for legalization - craft growers completely shut out.
    Big green now lobbying to ban outdoor grows - doing everything in their power to consolidate and minimize competition before legalization even begins.... 
    Watching all these former cops and politicians and others who contributed to prohibition, including a family member of mine that always looked down on me, making asshole comments about cannabis consumers, get rich on the 'green rush' is a slap in the face.  
    Knew the libs would fuck this up.  So frustrating.  

I don't understand how you're blaming the feds when everything you're talking about is determined by each province. Much of what you're complaining about is either not the case in my province, or hasn't been determined yet at all.