Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh crap.

The Canadians are testy today.
    I'm fine, lol. I'm in a good mood actually! I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'm not into it.
    you keep claiming this weird ignorance about not knowing what's going on when people are simply challenging your position. it's weird. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited February 2019
    Man nicknamed ‘Dr. No’ because he denied so many refugees, rehired to decide asylum claims

https://globalnews.ca/news/4903246/immigration-refugee-board-dr-no-rehired-asylum-claims/

A former refugee judge who once wrote that most refugees are liars was recently rehired by Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) to decide asylum claims, Global News has learned.

Lubomyr Luciuk — who once said he “had no choice but to become ‘Dr. No’” because he denied so many refugee claims — gained notoriety for his views on Canada’s asylum system, including when he said Canada had become a haven for “assorted terrorists, drug peddlers and war criminals.”

Even the feds know that those illegal border crossers are phony asylum cases.  Except like everything about Trudeau he is to gutless to shut them down at the border.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    LILLEY: Does Trudeau think taxes pay themselves?

https://torontosun.com/news/national/lilley-does-trudeau-think-taxes-pay-themselves?fbclid=IwAR1TMiFy71znplTTMjPSftbn4ew47odm_BmxWmp6TfuzmFuBGH1tKpiYv9A&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1549542971

From GST, to the coming carbon tax, CPP, EI and even income tax.

Someone earning just $28,000 a year in Ottawa — the equivalent of minimum wage in Ontario — will pay $4,782 in taxes.

That includes $1,998 in federal tax, $1,106 in provincial tax and $1,678 in CPP and EI premiums.

It’s an average tax rate of 11%.

Maybe ‘trust-fund Trudeau’ doesn’t get that. 

Maybe for him dropping 11% of his income would be  nothing, but to most of us we notice.

By the way, drop that figure to an annual income of $14,000 and you are still paying a total tax bill of $879 — most of it to the feds.

Trust-fund Trudeau must be smoking some great weed to be able to double down on stupidity...stupid is as stupid does.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh crap.

I'm fine, lol. I'm in a good mood actually! I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'm not into it.
    you keep claiming this weird ignorance about not knowing what's going on when people are simply challenging your position. it's weird. 
    It's not weird. You completely misunderstand where I'm coming from a lot. I'm not blaming you - it just is what it is. You don't get me and misinterpret where I'm coming from a lot and start making accusations that don't make sense to me (and kind of just come after me and then deny it), and perhaps you think I do the same to you. So maybe just leave me alone if you can, I'll do the same, and we can avoid all the misunderstandings.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh crap.

It's not weird. You completely misunderstand where I'm coming from a lot. I'm not blaming you - it just is what it is. You don't get me and misinterpret where I'm coming from a lot and start making accusations that don't make sense to me (and kind of just come after me and then deny it), and perhaps you think I do the same to you. So maybe just leave me alone if you can, I'll do the same, and we can avoid all the misunderstandings.
    it would be my absolute pleasure. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Give Peas A Chance…
  • BC Liberal government exposed again for 'cooking the books' with BC Hydro. And now users are on the hook for $5.5 billion.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-political-manoeuvring-behind-55-billion-bc-hydro-debt-auditor/
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    BC Liberal government exposed again for 'cooking the books' with BC Hydro. And now users are on the hook for $5.5 billion.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-political-manoeuvring-behind-55-billion-bc-hydro-debt-auditor/
    liberalism is taking some pretty nasty heat lately in good ol' beaverland. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

BC Liberal government exposed again for 'cooking the books' with BC Hydro. And now users are on the hook for $5.5 billion.

Similar thing is happening in Ontario, the previous government borrowed monies to lower rates, but in a few years our rates will be rising signicantly if action is not taken.  I have read a few articles in which the analyst expect the PCs are going to move the hydro debt to the Ontario’s general debt at some point and this should stabilize rates.  Maybe BC will need to do similar.  Either way, ratepayers are always on the hook for poor decisions.  How are your hydro rates?  Our rates really soared under the last government, which is a major reason they only have 7 seats in the provincial legislature.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    'I broke no laws there': Canadian ISIS fighter wants help to return home

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/i-broke-no-laws-there-canadian-isis-fighter-wants-help-to-return-home-1.4293114?fbclid=IwAR01zpBI49MwzfXUHtCLDEqqAh6SashbOyH7AMUHIWPQGN-DgxDXLZhFlL0

"Why shouldn't I be able to go home? I've done nothing in Canada. I've broken no laws there at all," said Ali in an interview.

The 28-year-old says he, his Canadian wife and their two children have been "hung out to dry" and that it is no longer safe for them in Syria.

Fuck this POS.  Charge him with treason.  You fight in foreign wars against our allies, then you committed treason in my book.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • 'I broke no laws there': Canadian ISIS fighter wants help to return home

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/i-broke-no-laws-there-canadian-isis-fighter-wants-help-to-return-home-1.4293114?fbclid=IwAR01zpBI49MwzfXUHtCLDEqqAh6SashbOyH7AMUHIWPQGN-DgxDXLZhFlL0

"Why shouldn't I be able to go home? I've done nothing in Canada. I've broken no laws there at all," said Ali in an interview.

The 28-year-old says he, his Canadian wife and their two children have been "hung out to dry" and that it is no longer safe for them in Syria.

Fuck this POS.  Charge him with treason.  You fight in foreign wars against our allies, then you committed treason in my book.

A worm.

He's trembling with fear because he says there are pockets of Islamic State militants (his former pals) in the desert and they're also hiding amongst the public. Well... yah... and guess what... we don't want you back in Canada so you can hide amongst the public until you find your courage again to... oh, say... drive into people on a sidewalk.

Purple Socks has got to be beside himself- unable to come dashing to the rescue at the moment. He loves repatriation.
    'I broke no laws there': Canadian ISIS fighter wants help to return home

A worm.

He's trembling with fear because he says there are pockets of Islamic State militants (his former pals) in the desert and they're also hiding amongst the public. Well... yah... and guess what... we don't want you back in Canada so you can hide amongst the public until you find your courage again to... oh, say... drive into people on a sidewalk.

Purple Socks has got to be beside himself- unable to come dashing to the rescue at the moment. He loves repatriation.
    yeah, that's not at all true. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'll be as enraged as anyone else if Trudeau lets this guy back in, or offers him any type of help whatsoever. I just can't see that happening whatsoever. This guy did all of this under his own free will.  Let him run and hide on his own. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I'll be as enraged as anyone else if Trudeau lets this guy back in, or offers him any type of help whatsoever. I just can't see that happening whatsoever. This guy did all of this under his own free will.  Let him run and hide on his own. 

Hugh... we've been allowing these idiots back home.

Don't you remember when Purple Socks stated that these people could become great assets to Canada (one of the lamest sell jobs ever)?

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/12/11/sixty-people-have-returned-to-canada-after-joining-extremist-groups-threat-study/
    When are people going to wake up about Trudeau.  He demoted his justice minister and now refuses to allow the House of Commons to investigate, and now he is accused of interfering in the Norman case.  Trudeau is as corrupt a politician as I’ve seen in a long in while Canada.  His daddy taught him well.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Veteran Affairs Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould has resigned from Cabinet.  She has retained legal council so she can see what she can discuss.  I’d vote for her on heart beat.  Imagine a part time drama teacher thinking he can bully a lawyer...
    Give Peas A Chance…

I want to know what she has to say.  Something fishy is going on and Canadians deserve to know.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Veteran Affairs Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould has resigned from Cabinet.  She has retained legal council so she can see what she can discuss.  I’d vote for her on heart beat.  Imagine a part time drama teacher thinking he can bully a lawyer...
    not sure where you come to the conclusion that JT is bullying anyone. 

Just a day earlier, Prime Minster Justin Trudeau told reporters that he continued "to have full confidence in Jody."

He also insisted, as he has since the story broke, that he did not direct Wilson-Raybould to come to any specific conclusions on whether to direct the Public Prosecution Service of Canada to reach an agreement with SNC-Lavalin.

"She confirmed for me a conversation we had this fall, where I told her directly that any decisions on matters involving the director of public prosecutions were hers alone," Trudeau said Monday.

"I respect her view that, due to privilege, she can't comment or add on matters recently before the media. I also highlight that we're bound by cabinet confidentiality. In our system of governance, her presence in cabinet should speak for itself.

I prefer to wait for the facts to emerge prior to hanging the accused. 

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    What's most troubling to me about this SNC-Lavalin business is how the company lobbied the Trudeau government heavily to introduce measures that would set the stage for the current controversy, which the Liberals did, slipping it in with last year's budget bill.  That alone makes me give more credence to the Globe & Mail report, but we'll have to see.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    not sure where you come to the conclusion that JT is bullying anyone. 

Just a day earlier, Prime Minster Justin Trudeau told reporters that he continued "to have full confidence in Jody."

He also insisted, as he has since the story broke, that he did not direct Wilson-Raybould to come to any specific conclusions on whether to direct the Public Prosecution Service of Canada to reach an agreement with SNC-Lavalin.

"She confirmed for me a conversation we had this fall, where I told her directly that any decisions on matters involving the director of public prosecutions were hers alone," Trudeau said Monday.

"I respect her view that, due to privilege, she can't comment or add on matters recently before the media. I also highlight that we're bound by cabinet confidentiality. In our system of governance, her presence in cabinet should speak for itself.

I prefer to wait for the facts to emerge prior to hanging the accused. 

Of course, he is going to say that.  You do not demote someone you have full confidence in.  I will stand by what I said, most competent lawyers will own Trudeau.  I think she is showing integrity. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    you don't know what she's showing yet. you think you do. and you might turn out to be right. but she hasn't said a word yet why she resigned. so you don't know anything. none of us do. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

What's most troubling to me about this SNC-Lavalin business is how the company lobbied the Trudeau government heavily to introduce measures that would set the stage for the current controversy, which the Liberals did, slipping it in with last year's budget bill.  That alone makes me give more credence to the Globe & Mail report, but we'll have to see.
    I agree.  All Trudeau has to do is waive privilege.  Lawyers have chimed in and stated as much.  Remember the lieberals freaking out about Bev Oda's $20 glass of OJ or the 90 000 in the Mike Duffy case (in which he won his court case)...good times.  Anyhow many times has Trudeau broken the ethics rule, he is a fucking crook.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • One of my biggest issues with Canada right now (tissue soft justice system) is summed up depressingly here:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crimeincanada/why-canada-is-unwilling-to-put-even-its-most-heinous-murderers-permanently-behind-bars/ar-BBTu2eg?ocid=spartanntp

Of note:
    41% of Canadians had confidence in provincial courts.
    63% of Canadians in favour of DP.
    There's no shortage of examples of mass killers being released on early parole.

Yah. We stink. We've gone way too far concerning ourselves with the rights of our worst offenders (like they should even have any rights at all after murdering our sons and daughters). Way too far.
    One of my biggest issues with Canada right now (tissue soft justice system) is summed up depressingly here:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crimeincanada/why-canada-is-unwilling-to-put-even-its-most-heinous-murderers-permanently-behind-bars/ar-BBTu2eg?ocid=spartanntp

Of note:
    41% of Canadians had confidence in provincial courts.
    63% of Canadians in favour of DP.
    There's no shortage of examples of mass killers being released on early parole.

Yah. We stink. We've gone way too far concerning ourselves with the rights of our worst offenders (like they should even have any rights at all after murdering our sons and daughters). Way too far.
    I am in favour of the DP and would love a referendum on the DP.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    2 people can go, the Quebec mosque killer and the Toronto serial killer.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • 2 people can go, the Quebec mosque killer and the Toronto serial killer.

The McArthur story is absolutely nuts.

Gay men were his victims. If his victims were white women, this story would be world news.
    2 people can go, the Quebec mosque killer and the Toronto serial killer.

The McArthur story is absolutely nuts.

Gay men were his victims. If his victims were white women, this story would be world news.
    It was big news here.  Not sure how it was portrayed elsewhere.  McArthur was about to kill a 9th person, but the Toronto police had him under surveillance and saw him enter his apartment with the 9th victim and moved in and arrested McArthur before he could kill again.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Bruce McArthur had me in a ‘kill position,’ says Toronto man haunted by date with alleged serial killer

https://globalnews.ca/news/4063145/bruce-mcarthur-sean-cribbin-date-with-alleged-serial-killer/

Then there is this very lucky fellow...
    Give Peas A Chance…