A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    Im around if you need to talk
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hang in there, Hugh.  If you need to wallow, or scream...well, just do what you can in the moment to take care of yourself.

gambs, I always knew you were insightful, but I think moreso since you've had your kiddo.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    today is a bad day. 
    I hope it gets better for you, HFD.  Hang in there my friend!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Keep strong HFD and hopefully it will pass soon
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/counselling/

In 2 seconds I found out how you can access free therapy paid by your health service.

If you are relying on your GP for your mental health ... you'll never get better.  GP's are just that, general practitioners...therapist special in helping you sort out your problems.

You seem to be assuming that lastexitlondon is completely clueless and has never been to therapy, which is not the case.
    At some point you have to help yourself as well.  Coming to a bands website and constantly saying your not getting help/better is not going to change your situation.  Why keep going to your GP thinking you have dementia when he's saying you don't, yet he is convinced he has dementia.  If he doesn't trust what his dr is saying...why come here and complain. 
    You know, you've got a right to your opinion, but this is not the thread to be doing what you're doing. This is a support thread, and one that's obviously used at least partly as a form of catharsis, not one where it's appropriate for you to question why people are seeking support here and saying they're complaining. Read the mood man.
    And part of support is offering suggestion that might work ... which is why some people reject therapy.  Sitting at your computer complaining will not help you ... well some of you it might help.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

In 2 seconds I found out how you can access free therapy paid by your health service.

If you are relying on your GP for your mental health ... you'll never get better.  GP's are just that, general practitioners...therapist special in helping you sort out your problems.

You seem to be assuming that lastexitlondon is completely clueless and has never been to therapy, which is not the case.
    At some point you have to help yourself as well.  Coming to a bands website and constantly saying your not getting help/better is not going to change your situation.  Why keep going to your GP thinking you have dementia when he's saying you don't, yet he is convinced he has dementia.  If he doesn't trust what his dr is saying...why come here and complain. 
    You know, you've got a right to your opinion, but this is not the thread to be doing what you're doing. This is a support thread, and one that's obviously used at least partly as a form of catharsis, not one where it's appropriate for you to question why people are seeking support here and saying they're complaining. Read the mood man.
    And part of support is offering suggestion that might work ... which is why some people reject therapy.  Sitting at your computer complaining will not help you ... well some of you it might help.
    Cool story bro.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

Why do you keep using the word complaining. Describing ones feelings is not complaining. What kind of anxiety was it you overcame?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

Why do you keep using the word complaining. Describing ones feelings is not complaining. What kind of anxiety was it you overcame?
    Extreme anxiety ... I was suffering debilitating panic attacks for over a year, as many as 2 a week, they never came when I was at home, they always happened when I was out somewhere...I could be at the dog park with my dog in -10 and out of no where it’d always start with profuse sweating followed by slurred speech, uneasiness in my balance, usually followed by severe nausea.

I was trying all kinds of different pharmaceuticals.  None worked very well, the best was therapy ... a good therapist can get most back on track ... I know mine did.

I’m not saying therapy works for everybody...but I trust therapy far more than pharmaceuticals.

i know your in Britain and I have little understanding of your health care system...but I sought my therapist outside of our government system and just paid out of pocket.  Family drs. are not mental health drs...

I was just offering different suggestions that were given to me and thought they could help others.  I now realize this thread isn’t about getting help.  I will this thread alone.

Give Peas A Chance…
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

Cool story bro.
    Dude I could give a rats ass about what you think...I would have thought you’d figure that out by now....
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited April 2018
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

Cool story bro.
    Dude I could give a rats ass about what you think...I would have thought you’d figure that out by now....
    Another ripper!  Keep 'em comin bro, we are all waiting on the edges of our seats!  Seriously, we all give many rat's asses about what you think so don't ever change.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    No, really though.  Your contributions here have been invaluable and I think you've really changed some lives.  I know I will never be the same!
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

Extreme anxiety ... I was suffering debilitating panic attacks for over a year, as many as 2 a week, they never came when I was at home, they always happened when I was out somewhere...I could be at the dog park with my dog in -10 and out of no where it’d always start with profuse sweating followed by slurred speech, uneasiness in my balance, usually followed by severe nausea.

I was trying all kinds of different pharmaceuticals.  None worked very well, the best was therapy ... a good therapist can get most back on track ... I know mine did.

I’m not saying therapy works for everybody...but I trust therapy far more than pharmaceuticals.

i know your in Britain and I have little understanding of your health care system...but I sought my therapist outside of our government system and just paid out of pocket.  Family drs. are not mental health drs...

I was just offering different suggestions that were given to me and thought they could help others.  I now realize this thread isn’t about getting help.  I will this thread alone.

But you didn't read or listen to what anyone is saying. Anyway best to post elsewhere.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    If I'm not mistaken, lastexitlondon started this thread a s a place to share our experiences of anxiety and be supportive.  Now it's become another fucking place to attack each other.  Fucking social media bullshit.  I'm outta here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Nowhere is safe
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Weren't  you guys getting along a few pages ago? Just talk women and weed. 
    This is the only place i come on the whole internet and i will continue to.  I will just keep typing. No problem here
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

And thanks for all the pm 's . Means everything
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2018
    brianlux said:
    If I'm not mistaken, lastexitlondon started this thread a s a place to share our experiences of anxiety and be supportive.  Now it's become another fucking place to attack each other.  Fucking social media bullshit.  I'm outta here.
    It's sad Brian...I know what you mean...hope you are good?
    I hope so too. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited April 2018

Good thread started up here...

I'm still waiting for a Birthday present from my Ex...ok we're not together now but I had my Birthday when we were together lol

Post edited by i_lov_it on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Counselling NHS...

But you didn't read or listen to what anyone is saying. Anyway best to post elsewhere.
    No one's attacking anyone dude.  All I'm saying is part of being supportive is also offering suggestions that can reduce anxiety levels.  PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH OFFERING SUGGESTIONS THAT MIGHT HELP.  If you get terminal cancer, do you stay at home and "wallow, wow is me"  behind a computer, or would you look for ways to live longer and healthier...

My aunt recently passed away from cancer, she lived 6 years after initially being told she would only live about a year...at the suggestions of others she took  marijuana oil  every day and had several cups of dandelion tea a day...lived far longer than her drs ever thought.  And she never entered hospice...now if she ignored these suggestions she might not have lived nearly as long.

It's the same thing with anxiety...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    When the steps i take don't bare fruit. I don't give up . 
    Time sometimes changes things. But this is different thats all i really know anymore. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited April 2018

I know I've mentioned my recent a few times...but I thought since this Thread is about anxiety I am thinking it's a good Thread to vent..

You know having your Partner talk to some other Guy about something Personal and important behind your back and not you...This was the same Guy she was messaging while we trying to have romantic time together...Also is the same Guy she bought a Birthday Present for on the day of his Birthday and yet I didn't get mine until a week after my Birthday...

Anxiety inducing or what...

Post edited by i_lov_it on
    Its hard to move on when you are in love. Time is the healer they say
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Its hard to move on when you are in love. Time is the healer they say

That's what they say lastexitlondon...
    I think you can't get this out of your head. Its going round and round. That is horrible and eats up your life . All consuming. Ive been told im the same once i get something troubing me i can function . Mine is health issues but it works yhe same for emotional situations. I had one with my dad that ruined me.  There probably is nothing that makes it go away
     I hope younmeet someone kind and thoughtful to gradually move forward.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

In essence i don't mind how many times you need to post. Help yourself . I tend to post similar things. I bore a lot of people with my persistent health fears. They have no answers and get fed up with me. But i can only be me. I can only try every day and when that doesn't help i type or speak.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

In essence i don't mind how many times you need to post. Help yourself . I tend to post similar things. I bore a lot of people with my persistent health fears. They have no answers and get fed up with me. But i can only be me. I can only try every day and when that doesn't help i type or speak.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    last, how do you feel about the band tool?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Ive never listened to then. Im very narrow with my music. I do have Spotify though i could look on there. Mickey i was wondering about how you filled your spare time without drinking or drugs. I mean i takes up a lot of time that is now spare
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07