A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    Its times like these i look at her and hope i can survive to see her become a young lady like my other girls. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Its times like these i look at her and hope i can survive to see her become a young lady like my other girls. 
    You truly are a lucky man ! 
    edited April 2018
    Im blessed with wonderful children. Im sure without them i would be gone. Ive just seen all my kids together and i laugh non stop.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2018

I hope People are doing Good here?...I'm trying to come to Terms with my most recent Ex talking to another Guy behind my back about her Exams rather then talking me...I mean seriously...who does that???...by the way it was the same Guy who she bought a Birthday Present for on the day of his Birthday and yet didn't get me one until a week after my Birthday...

Post edited by i_lov_it on
    edited April 2018
    Try this for an anxiety inducing Ex...we were having romantic time together and half of the time She was messaging another Guy...yep you guessed it the same Guy who I've mentioned before...
    edited April 2018
    This is a Good Thread to have...my Ex didn't even get me a Birthday Present...and to rub salt into the wound she spoke to another Guy behind my back about her Exam...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    i_lov_it said:
    Try this for an anxiety inducing Ex...we were having romantic time together and half of the time She was messaging another Guy...yep you guessed it the same Guy who I've mentioned before...
    Many years ago, I had a girlfriend and she and I were getting closer to being ex's.  She started talking more about this other guy.  I would have done well back then to just let her go out of my life and visa versa and let the air clear.  You might find that the healthiest way to deal with it at this point. I know, that's hard to do, but in the long run, for the best.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Many years ago, I had a girlfriend and she and I were getting closer to being ex's.  She started talking more about this other guy.  I would have done well back then to just let her go out of my life and visa versa and let the air clear.  You might find that the healthiest way to deal with it at this point. I know, that's hard to do, but in the long run, for the best.

Thank you for your Good advice Brian...when your partner start treating you that way...you already know right?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    i_lov_it said:
    This is a Good Thread to have...my Ex didn't even get me a Birthday Present...and to rub salt into the wound she spoke to another Guy behind my back about her Exam...
    but you speak about this all like she ISNT an ex?

perhaps I'm confused on the timeline here.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:

Thank you for your Good advice Brian...when your partner start treating you that way...you already know right?
    Exactly.  I knew for a long time but I was too afraid to leave even when the handwriting was on the wall.  All my friends saw it.  They saw what it was doing to me and they all told me to leave for my own sake.  It was a hard life lesson. 

Fortunately, several years later she and I exchanged a few letters and made peace.  Never saw or heard from her again after that but that's OK too.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

myoung321 said:
    I can only imagine.  No thanks!  Yes, anxiety can certainly be induced by medical issues- anything from a broken tooth at midnight on a Sunday in the middle of nowhere (no fun!) to what you went through. 

I don't think you can put a meter on anxiety.  We all experience that emotion at least a little different.   The famed mountaineer, Ed Viesturs, talks about the anxiety being in a dangerous situation in the "death zone" above 8,000 meters (26,247 feet), and yet those who go there do so on their own accord.  I don't think I would ever put myself in that position (but I sure enjoy reading about that kind of thing).

myoung321 said:8
    I read  that and that like many critical or life long medical conditions induce a huge anxiety. Infact trauma of any kind are causes and not one bigger or more than the other. Some inspiring people i have met with diseases and life changing circumstances are actually not anxious which im in awe of.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I want to type more than i can manage at the moment. Im being put in a very stressful situation and im not coping. I stopped drinking 2 weeks ago which for me is hard. But the last few days ive started smoking weed again after4 days i just want to be stoned all the time. Im living a very dangerous way and can't find a path out. Im missing meds some days because it makes me feel awful i can't understand anything
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I want to type more than i can manage at the moment. Im being put in a very stressful situation and im not coping. I stopped drinking 2 weeks ago which for me is hard. But the last few days ive started smoking weed again after4 days i just want to be stoned all the time. Im living a very dangerous way and can't find a path out. Im missing meds some days because it makes me feel awful i can't understand anything
    Im a medicinal user ... i quit taking anti-depressants and now just use my medicinal weed to deal with anxiety, its the best thing I've done medically...I'm down to one pharmaceutical my life...and to me that is one to many.  And its far safer for you than alcohol and anti-depressants, with anti-depressants you are relying on a proper diagnosis in order to get the right meds...

Give Peas A Chance…
    How much weed do you use a day?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

How much weed do you use a day?
    It varies, maybe 2-3 grams ... mostly at night before bed, that’s when my anxiety is at its worst.  I’m know expert, but I’ve often wondered that if you use regularly and builds up in your system...that maybe it controls axiety long term...I’m not nearly as anxious.

other things weed as helped me with, shooting nerve pain in my feet, sleep, anxiety...however it does not help me with pain.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Just out of interest do you smoke it in a pipe 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Just out of interest do you smoke it in a pipe 
    Yes, I pipe...but I also vape when indoors...

my my personal preference is my pipe...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Cool thats what i do
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Cool thats what i do
    I also find if I smoke when drinking, the depressant that alcohol causes isn’t there...that could just be me.

also I might be coming to the realization that my marriage is over...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    How does that make you feel? I mean are you looking at it with hope for the future or is it the end of your world
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

It makes me feel hopeful ... 

i
    Give Peas A Chance…
    That is good because there is a future . Believe me ive been there
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited April 2018
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:
    brianlux said:
    i_lov_it said:

Exactly.  I knew for a long time but I was too afraid to leave even when the handwriting was on the wall.  All my friends saw it.  They saw what it was doing to me and they all told me to leave for my own sake.  It was a hard life lesson. 

Fortunately, several years later she and I exchanged a few letters and made peace.  Never saw or heard from her again after that but that's OK too.

Your advice made me feel a bit better Brian...I know what you mean it is so clear and yet you choose to ignore it...and yes you are right these past two years was a hard life lesson...
    Did I also mention I sat and waited for her...but yet she never did the same for me???
    Yep that's right...I sat around waiting for her and yet she never did the same for me...
    mickeyrat said:
    i_lov_it said:
    but you speak about this all like she ISNT an ex?

perhaps I'm confused on the timeline here.....

She's my most recent Ex...so it's still fresh...I sat around waiting for her but yet she couldn't do the same...
    edited April 2018
    Actually I had a little bit of a laugh just now...I was just thinking or imagining my most recent Ex doing what I did for her for the next year and a half???...yeah right :lol:
    Can i ask how long was this relationship and what are your ages?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07