Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,094
    Queens of the Stone Age - Villains
    Greta Van Fleet - Black Smoke Rising

Been listening to them both for a while so it was time to pony up :)   It's too bad Greta Van Fleet didn't realize the 2nd EP on vinyl (which is really the first 4 songs, plus another 4 songs). 
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 634
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Just picked this up. Cut by Kevin Gray and pressed at RTI.... just WOW

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    MedozK said:

dude, I'm jealous.

I have the 45rpm record store edition but this looks like it might surpass that.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246

Couple of birthday gifts, Vault package, and had no idea until a few days ago that OLP released Spiritual Machines on vinyl but I ordered it as soon as I found out. BRMC is the new yellow press. I'm glad I didn't drop the coin for an original.
    I am wired and fading...
  • Options
    Zod said:

Been listening to them both for a while so it was time to pony up :)   It's too bad Greta Van Fleet didn't realize the 2nd EP on vinyl (which is really the first 4 songs, plus another 4 songs). 
    Hopefully the full length will be a vinyl release. Does anyone know if it'll be the first 2 EPs plus a few more tunes or a whole album of new stuff?
    I am wired and fading...
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    Image result for half speed master the police ghost in the machine
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,881
    I'm slowly starting to get over my hatred for Sting and Bono, so I can enjoy some of their music again. They both have not done anything truly heinous, to my knowledge, but they just have come off as self-aggrandizing dbags throughout the years. This was a great album.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    RoeDawg13 said:

Couple of birthday gifts, Vault package, and had no idea until a few days ago that OLP released Spiritual Machines on vinyl but I ordered it as soon as I found out. BRMC is the new yellow press. I'm glad I didn't drop the coin for an original.
    Hows the sound quality on the BRMC?
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Got these a couple of months back..

Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold.

Might return this, FF's haven't made a decent album since the first two in my opinion. Dave Grohl is an awesome dude, but I highly doubt I'd listen to this very often..

The National - Sleep Well Beast.

This is quite brilliant, definitely has grown on me the more I've listened to it..
    Post edited by reesdog on
  • Options
    reesdog said:
    Hows the sound quality on the BRMC?
    Not sure yet, will be listening by no later than Monday. I have high hopes, love that album.
    I am wired and fading...
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    MedozK said:

Electric Warrior and the Slider are fantastic albums.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    I'm slowly starting to get over my hatred for Sting and Bono, so I can enjoy some of their music again. They both have not done anything truly heinous, to my knowledge, but they just have come off as self-aggrandizing dbags throughout the years. This was a great album.
    I admire your efforts, lexicon. 

When U2 first hit the scene, I was crazy about them.  I saw them at San Francisco's Civic Center in '82 and they were fantastic.  I continued to like them a lot through Joshua Tree and even admired some of the work Bono was doing for social issues and what not, but to my way of thinking, he slipped off that fairly thin ridge between greatness and self aggrandizement to the latter side.  I don't see him as successfully reigning in his ego enough to fill his greater potential.  But, hey, it's rock and roll.  I certainly could have been expecting too much and would not argue that I'm not.

Sting is another one I like early on.  Those first few Police records were fine.  And I like Sting as a young very part-time actor.  I just could stick with him long is all.  I don't even know enough about the guy to comment much.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Daphni - Jiaolong.

2012 UK Original.

This is electronic house music, its very good.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    I did not know there was a half speed Abbey Road version of this.. how is it?
    The only half speed I have is Exile on Main Street which is fantastic!  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    Scored a nice used copy of this classic.  I CAN'T BELIEVE I hadn't had this one till now!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    Scored a nice used copy of this classic.  I CAN'T BELIEVE I hadn't had this one till now!

She’s a beaut!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    mrussel1 said:
    I did not know there was a half speed Abbey Road version of this.. how is it?
    The only half speed I have is Exile on Main Street which is fantastic!  
    Great pressing!  Absolutely quite and flat, Stewart Copeland drums sound amazing!  Great channel separation.  Don't get me wrong, the original pressing is fantastic as well.  I'm a huge fan of The Police and needed this copy.  It's a little pricey, around $35-$40.  You will not be disappointed. I might have to look for that Exile on Main Street pressing.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Pet Shop Boys - Please.

1986 New Zealand original.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Had this since it's release..

Euro pressing.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    Nico by Blind Melon! So excited this is finally being put on vinyl!!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,094
    RoeDawg13 said:
    Zod said:

Hopefully the full length will be a vinyl release. Does anyone know if it'll be the first 2 EPs plus a few more tunes or a whole album of new stuff?
    That didn't occur to me.   I might not have bought the EP if the upcoming album was going to be the first two EP's plus a few more songs to round out an album.  I'm still not up to speed on the new way of making music... lol.   Hopefully it's a whole album of new music.  That would be amazing.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited April 2018

Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold - pale blue vinyl, black alternative sleeve.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options

Still love this album. Hope the sound is okay. Anyone else have the reissue?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    PJ_Soul said:

Picked up a copy of this from a Urban outfitters sale the other day for 10$. It's the blackened 180 gram 2 LP press. It sounds pretty good. Not my favorite album but the last one before they went to complete shit imo.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

Picked up a copy of this from a Urban outfitters sale the other day for 10$. It's the blackened 180 gram 2 LP press. It sounds pretty good. Not my favorite album but the last one before they went to complete shit imo.
    $10? Good deal, dammit, I paid $27CAD.... But it looks like the original prices are definitely steeper than that still, even in poorer condition, so whatever I guess.
    I'm actually not a Metallica fan in general. I just really love this one album, and the one before this one is good to. I am indifferent at best to the rest of their work.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

$10? Good deal, dammit, I paid $27CAD.... But it looks like the original prices are definitely steeper than that still, even in poorer condition, so whatever I guess.
    I'm actually not a Metallica fan in general. I just really love this one album, and the one before this one is good to. I am indifferent at best to the rest of their work.
    Yeah. Good deal for sure. The sleeve is a little dinged up but the records are fine. Up to this record and not all of it i am very much a fan everything after not at all.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Disagree.. this was shit . Pro war metallica.. just not right.  

Did you see that Garage Days is being reissued? Now we're cooking with fire...
  • Options
     found this 1987 original for 10 bucks.  Cover and wax NM.  Couldn't believe it. Includes Peace Train which Natalie had removed in the later issues. 

• Options
    Just picked up Day For Night (The Hip).

Man... So Hard Done By... into Nautical Disaster... into Thugs is oouuuutstanding.

So good.
    "My brain's a good brain!"