What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Would You Rather (2012) with Jeffrey Combs
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Everest (2015)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited January 2018
    Looper. Again. Fuck I need to start keeping a list of movies I have watched so I don't watch them again. the ending was equally as stupid and unbelievable as it was the first time I watched it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Silver Linings Playbook. Not what I expected. 
    Did you like it? I did.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Did you like it? I did.
    I did. i was pleasantly surprised by the plot, however, the ending was a little too neat and tidy. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    Did you like it? I did.
    I did. i was pleasantly surprised by the plot, however, the ending was a little too neat and tidy. 
    It is a nice romantic ending, lol... Although sometimes I need that - there are a lot of dark and messy endings these days. I thought Jennifer Lawrence was super good in this movie - quite funny.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Did you like it? I did.
    It is a nice romantic ending, lol... Although sometimes I need that - there are a lot of dark and messy endings these days. I thought Jennifer Lawrence was super good in this movie - quite funny.
    Did somebody say Jennifer Lawrence?

https://youtu.be/hoS1MCF8AeI
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Did you like it? I did.
    I actually thought they both acted very well in it. But every time I see her in a movie, I can't get those leaked photos out of my head! 

it IS a nice romantic ending. I just thought it happened too quickly to be believable.

***SPOILER ALERT****

I mean, he went from crazy obsessive super-delusional estranged husband to all of a sudden getting over her? Come on. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Did you like it? I did.
    I actually thought they both acted very well in it. But every time I see her in a movie, I can't get those leaked photos out of my head! 

it IS a nice romantic ending. I just thought it happened too quickly to be believable.

***SPOILER ALERT****

I mean, he went from crazy obsessive super-delusional estranged husband to all of a sudden getting over her? Come on. 
    Well, delusions about exes really can change really fast. I've seen it happen in real life. When the obsession isn't based on anything good or real, that false reality can crumble pretty easily. So I didn't find it too unrealistic.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Did you like it? I did.

***SPOILER ALERT****

Well, delusions about exes really can change really fast. I've seen it happen in real life. When the obsession isn't based on anything good or real, that false reality can crumble pretty easily. So I didn't find it too unrealistic.
    what kinda psychos you hangin' out with? :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Did you like it? I did.

***SPOILER ALERT****

Not hanging out with. Being harassed by, lol. I've always been a bit of a psycho magnet, I'm sorry to say. :lol:
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Did you like it? I did.

***SPOILER ALERT****

Not hanging out with. Being harassed by, lol. I've always been a bit of a psycho magnet, I'm sorry to say. :lol:
    ah, so you were Nikki. hope the shower was worth it! LOL
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yogoto No Yume (1933)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Did you like it? I did.

Just watch Mother then, you'll see those beauties in much higher resolution....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Get Out. I liked. Very trippy.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Shape of Water

It was ok. It was a little long and I started falling asleep. i wouldnt say it was movie of the year material.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Room 237.  Had good points but mostly came across as Kubrick followers with way to much time on their hands.  
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Did you like it? I did.

Just watch Mother then, you'll see those beauties in much higher resolution....
    Yeesh, I don't know about that Dr. D! :lol:
    mother! has really stuck with me actually, way more than most movies. I keep thinking about it in terms of it being a really interesting metaphorical representation of the creative process, and I really appreciate that point of view.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Room 237.  Had good points but mostly came across as Kubrick followers with way to much time on their hands.  
    *raises hand* There is a lot of major stretches in there but even those I find interesting. The moon landing stuff is insane. At the very least he was fucking with people because he knew it was a conspiracy already. There’s no way all that stuff was by accident. 
  • RiotZact said:
    Room 237.  Had good points but mostly came across as Kubrick followers with way to much time on their hands.  
    *raises hand* There is a lot of major stretches in there but even those I find interesting. The moon landing stuff is insane. At the very least he was fucking with people because he knew it was a conspiracy already. There’s no way all that stuff was by accident. 
    Yeah the moon landing shit was cool, as was the nazi references.  
    RiotZact said:
    Yeah the moon landing shit was cool, as was the nazi references.  
    I honestly hardly remember the Nazi stuff, I have to give it another watch sometime soon. 
    Good Will Hunting (1997)
  • Children of Men.

Watched it again because it was on. A really really good movie.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    RiotZact said:
    Kubrick’s daughter denies everything about the movie Room 237. He spent most of his time at home with his family and never traveled far from home. From movies I watched featuring his family, and closest friends he was a super normal guy, who just made insanely good movies. No fake moon landing, sadly. 
    Mom working hard trying to get 2001 shown on April 3 at a theater in Bellingham for its 50th birthday. I freaking love Kubrick. 
    riley540 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Kubrick’s daughter denies everything about the movie Room 237. He spent most of his time at home with his family and never traveled far from home. From movies I watched featuring his family, and closest friends he was a super normal guy, who just made insanely good movies. No fake moon landing, sadly. 
    Mom working hard trying to get 2001 shown on April 3 at a theater in Bellingham for its 50th birthday. I freaking love Kubrick. 
    I saw 2001 in a theater in Pittsburgh a couple of years back, fucking amazing experience! I’m not saying he did the moon landing, but I think he might have been fueling the fire with the rumors that he did it, like he added some of that stuff in there just to fuck with people. Have you seen the new documentary “S is for Stanley”? It’s on Netflix right now, it’s about his personal driver from A Clockwork Orange and on, or more like personal slave. They had a very complex and loving relationship but I certainly wouldn’t call it “normal”. He is quite possibly my favorite creator of entertainment ever, certainly one of the most intelligent creators of entertainment ever. I believe him to be the greatest director ever, and I really don’t think it’s close. 
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    RiotZact said:
    riley540 said:
    RiotZact said:
    I saw 2001 in a theater in Pittsburgh a couple of years back, fucking amazing experience! I’m not saying he did the moon landing, but I think he might have been fueling the fire with the rumors that he did it, like he added some of that stuff in there just to fuck with people. Have you seen the new documentary “S is for Stanley”? It’s on Netflix right now, it’s about his personal driver from A Clockwork Orange and on, or more like personal slave. They had a very complex and loving relationship but I certainly wouldn’t call it “normal”. He is quite possibly my favorite creator of entertainment ever, certainly one of the most intelligent creators of entertainment ever. I believe him to be the greatest director ever, and I really don’t think it’s close. 
    I have seen that new film. I love that he put him and his in eyes wide shut. Something nobody would ever notice had they not learned about his assistant. Also loved seeing all the photos for the going away party Stanley threw for him. 

I agree. I love everything from Fear And Desire all the way through eyes wide shut. He explored avenues in film that no other director can. I’ve watched Barry Lyndon a few times this past year. It’s incredible. I’ve never seen another movie like it. It’s this big, pointless story of a man, who we never connect with. It’s incredible, but I have no idea why. I think that’s the definition of a great film. Glad to find another Kubrick fan on here!! 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Hostiles. Acting and cinematography were great but it was probably the most long and depressed film I've seen in a while. It was 2 hours long but felt like it was 6 hours long. I was expecting to see morning daylight when it ended.  If you like to see super slow depressed conversations then this is the movie for you. 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Goon: Last of the Enforcers 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • RiotZact said:
    riley540 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Agreed. Kubrick is an amazing talent.  The scene in Full Metal Jacket between joker and pile is still one of the most intense moments he’s ever made. It’s what makes FMJ top 3 for me....
  • RiotZact said:
    riley540 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Agreed. Kubrick is an amazing talent.  The scene in Full Metal Jacket between joker and pile is still one of the most intense moments he’s ever made. It’s what makes FMJ top 3 for me....