NCAA College Football -

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Follow the money!

Trojans showed consistent inconsistency that is the hallmark of their shitty coaches with a win last night.  Should have blown then out.  Our players do so well to overcome the poor coaches.

Someone please hire T Martin away 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Follow the money!

Trojans showed consistent inconsistency that is the hallmark of their shitty coaches with a win last night.  Should have blown then out.  Our players do so well to overcome the poor coaches.

Such an undisciplined team.  So many stupid penalties.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Follow the money!

this. C'mon Fuller, take T off our hands. 
    Thanks for the great years Jimbo, but go fuck yourself you chicken shit sellout! Have fun playing second & third fiddle to Saban & Malzahn every year.

$75M guaranteed over 10 years.  Wow!

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Thanks for the great years Jimbo, but go fuck yourself you chicken shit sellout! Have fun playing second & third fiddle to Saban & Malzahn every year.

Sounds more like a smart savvy businessman to me. I mean I wouldn't turn it down and don't thing anybody in here would either.

Go IRISH!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

Sounds more like a smart savvy businessman to me. I mean I wouldn't turn it down and don't thing anybody in here would either.

Go IRISH!
    Yep...can't blame a guy for taking that type of guaranteed cash.  The facilities at A&M are incredible too....much better than what FSU has.  It's kinda sad, but that type of stuff is huge for recruiting with the big boys.
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Somehow someway!

Happy bama year!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    He was making $5.7 million a year at FSU, guaranteed thru 2024. How rich do you need to be?
    I keep hearing all this bullshit about the facilities being so much better. Of course some SECSPN analyst will say that since there so far up that conference’s ass.  FSU’s facilities are just as good. Maybe not as big, but just as good. They spent a shit ton updgrading after the championship season to make everything state-of-the-art and up to par with other big universities - because he asked for it, and the school made it happen.  FSU would’ve bent over backwards for the guy. Instead he turned his back on FSU. Didn’t even have the balls to tell his coaches and players, he let the media do it for him. This is what you hired, Texas A&M.  Like they say about women who cheat - once a cheater, always a cheater. He turned his back on us, don’t think he won’t do it to A&M if greener dollars are waived his way. 
    Looking like we might go after Willie Taggart. He’s a Florida native and pretty much put USF on the map during his time there. And he’s a Jim Harbaugh protege. I’d be happy with him.

Anyway, moving forward... Longest bowl streak in NCAA history!
    F-L-O-R-I-D-A
    S-T-A-T-E
    (what? what?)
    Florida State, Florida State, Florida State
    Wooooooo!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Who gets spot #4?
    BAMA
    OSU
    USC

OSU, even though I think Bama might beat em head to head.

Interesting to see if they put the two loss conference championship team in over the one loss team that lost to a three loss team
    And, sorry for our buddy Bacon as his team appears to not have the athletes to go h2h with Ohio State
    Who gets spot #4?
    BAMA
    OSU
    USC

OSU, even though I think Bama might beat em head to head.

Interesting to see if they put the two loss conference championship team in over the one loss team that lost to a three loss team
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Georgia
    Alabama

Although I think Ohio State should get in over Alabama, the committee will put Alabama in. USC isn’t getting in.
    Oh as a USC grad I don't think they deserve it.  
    I do think that SC has the horses to play with any team....their coaches are just total fucking jackasses.
    He was making $5.7 million a year at FSU, guaranteed thru 2024. How rich do you need to be?
    I keep hearing all this bullshit about the facilities being so much better. Of course some SECSPN analyst will say that since there so far up that conference’s ass.  FSU’s facilities are just as good. Maybe not as big, but just as good. They spent a shit ton updgrading after the championship season to make everything state-of-the-art and up to par with other big universities - because he asked for it, and the school made it happen.  FSU would’ve bent over backwards for the guy. Instead he turned his back on FSU. Didn’t even have the balls to tell his coaches and players, he let the media do it for him. This is what you hired, Texas A&M.  Like they say about women who cheat - once a cheater, always a cheater. He turned his back on us, don’t think he won’t do it to A&M if greener dollars are waived his way. 
    Looking like we might go after Willie Taggart. He’s a Florida native and pretty much put USF on the map during his time there. And he’s a Jim Harbaugh protege. I’d be happy with him.

F-L-O-R-I-D-A
    S-T-A-T-E
    (what? what?)
    Wooooooo!!

$40M guaranteed vs $75M guaranteed.  I'll never fault a coach for chasing money because I know I'd do the exact same thing in my career (albeit at much, much, much smaller stakes)

And FSU doesn't have facilities like this....it has turned into an arms race with all these big time football schools to open these ridiculous football specific facilities.  Clemson just opened one this year too.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruGMZ2qj-p8
    That is serious generational money.  Tough to harbor hatred for someone for taking it.  
    I get being an upset fan....but I understand it.

FSU gets better recruits than A&M based on history.  A gym or fancy lockers and hand jobs doesn't change that.

There are ten (or less) schools that recruit on history and FSU is one of them
    Oregon can change their uniforms every game but they have no history.  
    They can have Nike blowing them up.  
    They have no history.

Best will still go to OSU, Bama, Michigan, FSU, USC, Notre Shit, OU, Nebraska, Miami.
    Barret is trying to fuck this up.  Missing wide open dudes for TDs, throwing picks.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    JT is keeping Wisconsin in this game. I'll be so happy when he's finally gone. Like F Me said he's missing wide open receivers. Can't throw a pass over 15 yards for shit. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Really sweating out this Ohio State -3 bet.  
    He can't ask his OLine to do better.  Make the passes, dude

F-L-O-R-I-D-A
    S-T-A-T-E
    (what? what?)
    Wooooooo!!

$40M guaranteed vs $75M guaranteed.  I'll never fault a coach for chasing money because I know I'd do the exact same thing in my career (albeit at much, much, much smaller stakes)

And FSU doesn't have facilities like this....it has turned into an arms race with all these big time football schools to open these ridiculous football specific facilities.  Clemson just opened one this year too.  

That’s what I mean by how rich do you need to be? You and I will never know the difference between 45 and 75 million. I don’t see how one is any more life changing than the other. You’re filthy rich either way. I guess I’m just tired of greedy assholes running everything in this country and not having any loyalty to the folks that put them in the position they’re in.
    I mean, don’t get me wrong. Good for him. He grew up in a little town in WV about an hour and a half from where I live. He went thru a divorce this year and maybe needed a big change of scenery to move past that. I get that. 

I just think he could’ve handled the situation a lot better. Instead of lying to the school, the players, and his coaching staff. Mr “I see things out til the end.” Its like he just gave up after one bad season. Gave up on his players, his staff, the school, and worst of all - his own ability to overcome adversity. It’s upsetting because he just signed an extension at FSU at the end of last season. And he is a great coach. I guess I’m just getting more disgusted by the money machine that runs everything these days. College football used to be about playing your heart out to hopefully get drafted as a professional one day. It used to be about pride. It’s nothing but greed anymore.

Long gone are the days of Bobby Bowdens, Tom Osbornes, Frank Beamers, & Bear Bryants. It makes me sick.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Terrible no call DPI gave them the game. Absolute bullshit.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    edited December 2017
    ehbacon said:
    You can't be serious. This game should of been a blow out at half time. Your badgers did not have the athletes and if JT could of hit wide open receivers this game would of never beeen in doubt. 

Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    ehbacon said:
    Welcome to Indiana, we hope you enjoy your stay. 
    :peace:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited December 2017

F-L-O-R-I-D-A
    S-T-A-T-E
    (what? what?)
    Wooooooo!!

That’s what I mean by how rich do you need to be? You and I will never know the difference between 45 and 75 million. I don’t see how one is any more life changing than the other. You’re filthy rich either way. I guess I’m just tired of greedy assholes running everything in this country and not having any loyalty to the folks that put them in the position they’re in.
    I mean, don’t get me wrong. Good for him. He grew up in a little town in WV about an hour and a half from where I live. He went thru a divorce this year and maybe needed a big change of scenery to move past that. I get that. 

I just think he could’ve handled the situation a lot better. Instead of lying to the school, the players, and his coaching staff. Mr “I see things out til the end.” Its like he just gave up after one bad season. Gave up on his players, his staff, the school, and worst of all - his own ability to overcome adversity. It’s upsetting because he just signed an extension at FSU at the end of last season. And he is a great coach. I guess I’m just getting more disgusted by the money machine that runs everything these days. College football used to be about playing your heart out to hopefully get drafted as a professional one day. It used to be about pride. It’s nothing but greed anymore.

Long gone are the days of Bobby Bowdens, Tom Osbornes, Frank Beamers, & Bear Bryants. It makes me sick.
    Call it money machines or whatever you want. You and I agree on a lot of things but this cannot be one of them. A dude quit coaching a schook to coach another. This move was highly anticipated. I probably heard of the rumors some 2 weeks ago +. In doing so, he received a SUBSTANTIAL guaranteed pay increase. 

I just left a company that paid above the median annual income and treated me very well personally, for a job that will pay me nearly double. I don't think that makes me a sellout, but rather a guy that wants to improve his (and his girlfriend's) quality of life.
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    If ohio state gets in over alabama with that iowa debacle i will give up this NCAA football junk

Shyner said:
    If ohio state gets in over alabama with that iowa debacle i will give up this NCAA football junk

I agree that Iowa loss is a huge black eye to Ohio State but Alabama does not have any key victories on their resume.  Any other year and neither of these teams are even in the conversation. 

As a die hard Buckeye fan I really dont want to face Clemson again. I don't think it will be another 31-0 game but OSU will lose. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    ehbacon said:
    You can't be serious. This game should of been a blow out at half time. Your badgers did not have the athletes and if JT could of hit wide open receivers this game would of never beeen in doubt. 

We played the worst we could've played in othe first half. Hornibrook was awful, defense couldn't tackle. Second half we were the better team, and had a great chance to win that was severely hurt by a blown call that everyone in the entire stadium and their sister saw. We played well enough in the second half to win that game.
    You can't just say "it would've been a blowout if we had played better", because we can say the same exact thing.

Anyway, I had fun in Indy. OSU fans were huge dicks to us which was disappointing, but I guess you cant expect better from people who live in Ohio.
    ehbacon said:
    KC138045 said:
    ehbacon said:

We played the worst we could've played in othe first half. Hornibrook was awful, defense couldn't tackle. Second half we were the better team, and had a great chance to win that was severely hurt by a blown call that everyone in the entire stadium and their sister saw. We played well enough in the second half to win that game.
    JT gave you guys 7 with the pick six and we should of had 7 before half if he could hit a wide open receiver. That's a 14 point swing right there. 

Your defense got beat with speed. It wasn't bad tackling. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018