Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    life off this rock out beyond the last stop sign exists. if it were untrue we ourselves would not be
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No
    chadwick wrote: »
    life off this rock out beyond the last stop sign exists. if it were untrue we ourselves would not be

Huh?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited February 2015
    Not sure, but I believe I get what chadwick is saying (and chad, please feel free to correct if I'm off)...why just us? Perhaps other life out there is wondering if we exist. We could be aliens (as I think was mentioned earlier in this thread).
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    If they find us first, we're fucked. I'm just saying
    No
    badbrains wrote: »

:rofl:
    I found them.....
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    badbrains wrote: »

They like to probe.
    hedonist wrote: »
    Not sure, but I believe I get what chadwick is saying (and chad, please feel free to correct if I'm off)...why just us? Perhaps other life out there is wondering if we exist. We could be aliens (as I think was mentioned earlier in this thread).

No,I he's saying our existence would not be ,without them.
    you're both right

if we exist, so do others. if we do not exist, neither do others.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    & yeah we are aliens to others.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    "you different looking, odd behaving little shits" - slis. 19 mile long booger warlord king describing earthlings

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Nice to see you here, sir. Always dig your mind and honest energy.

Enjoy (and with this, I feel like I should be wearing go-go boots with fringes on them like Ms. Sinatra).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSR5A--rSOs
    edited February 2015
    Way to go Hedo.
    Its 1.45,just in from a night out with friends.Momma is crashed.Striking a Jesus Christ pose,Wrapping up the evening before turning in and you throw down some funky psychedelic grunge.Im diggin it this evening.Got the right vibe.Totally cool song.So thanks.
    Maybe it's just where my heads at tonight but while listening I couldn't help but think about what if Alice in Chains was singing that song.Reworked in a heavier/Up to date version.I think I would like that.

Did MS Sinatra have any song relevant after TBAMFW.Or was that her swan song?

Mick looks sooo young.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Yes
    Hedo...

Great song. Wicked band. As silly as it sounds, the Stones are underrated.

So many days at the lake and so many times pouring through Stones albums. And Zeppelin. And The Who. And Tom Petty. And David Bowie. And CCR. The classic bands.

People these days don't respect the Stones enough.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited February 2015
    Hedo...

Great song. Wicked band. As silly as it sounds, the Stones are underrated.

So many days at the lake and so many times pouring through Stones albums. And Zeppelin. And The Who. And Tom Petty. And David Bowie. And CCR. The classic bands.

People these days don't respect the Stones enough.
    Morning, guys!

Thirty, I've loved the Stones as long as I've loved music. Seeing Mick evolve from young and cocky Mick, to wasted-Mick, to present-tense Mick...my goodness, the guy's got stamina and knows / CAN still rock the fuck out. Keith too (even more amazing given what he's done to his body).

After watching Scorcese's Shine a Light, my respect for them skyrocketed. Really well-done film, if you haven't yet seen it.

And rr, that song's the only one of Nancy's that I know. I put it on the "way-cool" scale =) And to edit, your late-night happy buzzed post made me smile.

Post edited by hedonist on
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    one night i was in my room at my uncles place in melbourne and in bed with my torch reading late at night when this bright light penetrated my room, it was so bright it was warm like the sun and there was no darkness surrounding it so it seemed like the sun was on full blast, then it just went, i never felt so insignificant in my life, i swear this is true, and thats the only thing i can boil it down to is extra ordinary phenomenon
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEeduql4aIg
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    http://youtu.be/zBhoF0YAZgc
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    No
    Wow
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

Alien life doesn't necessarily mean green men flying around in awesome space ships.

Alien life to me means simply that- life. Alien life forms may or may not be incapable of intelligent thought. It is simply naive to think there is nothing out there in any infinite direction other than us.

Given we are dealing with infinity, it's a mathematical certainty.

It's not naive. How do you know the universe is infinite? We can only date the universe so far back. I'd like to see, not that I'd be able to understand it, the formula that show life is a certainty elsewhere.

talking about the universe makes my head spin. what is the universe IN? how is it everything? how does it expand? expanding into what?

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhblblblblblblblblblbshabadoo.

Yeah pretty much why I'm agnostic, not atheist. Can't wrap my head around infinity. But convinced Adam and Eve committed no sin. I mean come on. Miracle is they knew how to get it on.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Callen,I get Adam digging on a supple naked Eve,but after the reproduced there was a lot of sister kissing.Thats kinda weird don't ya think.
    edited February 2015
    callen said:

talking about the universe makes my head spin. what is the universe IN? how is it everything? how does it expand? expanding into what?

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhblblblblblblblblblbshabadoo.

Yeah pretty much why I'm agnostic, not atheist. Can't wrap my head around infinity. But convinced Adam and Eve committed no sin. I mean come on. Miracle is they knew how to get it on.

Haha...I like this post.
    No
    A lot of sister kissing. That is funny.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    100 billions stars in our galaxy..100 billions galaxys in our universe..and we still believe we are alone..how much selfish we are??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    No
    23scidoo said:

100 billions stars in our galaxy..100 billions galaxys in our universe..and we still believe we are alone..how much selfish we are??..

It has nothing to do with being selfish. For all of you that "know" there is more out there, simply proove it. Broad statements like this does not mean there is life out there. And it certainly doesn't mean I'm selfish.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    23scidoo said:

from what I hear most or all the galaxy's we are aware of can not sustain life as we know it, I've always wondered about all the t.v. shows that claim the government is hiding secretes about ufo's
    and reverse engineering ufo technology for military reasons,if there is other life as we know it then why haven't we seen proof positive facts of it by now ?

Godfather.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

23scidoo said:

from what I hear most or all the galaxy's we are aware of can not sustain life as we know it, I've always wondered about all the t.v. shows that claim the government is hiding secretes about ufo's
    and reverse engineering ufo technology for military reasons,if there is other life as we know it then why haven't we seen proof positive facts of it by now ?

Godfather.

Given our fairly limited technology and the vast distances, I don't think it would be unlikely at all that there might be life in a distant galaxy that we can't detect, and vice versa. There are millions of stars out there from which we can only detect a faint glimmer, so we would have no way to determine if planets orbiting them might have life or not, particularly if it is very low tech.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Yes

23scidoo said:

Godfather.

We can barely see past our nose. Given infinity in every direction, it's an incredibly safe assumption that there are regions of infinity that support some form of life.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    I think that's a key term - "life as WE know it".

There's more to life than us, than our perception, our reality.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yes
    hedonist said:

I think that's a key term - "life as WE know it".

There's more to life than us, than our perception, our reality.

excellent point. there might be "life" out there that we can't even fathom. we might even be able to stand right in front of it and not know what it is, as we may not be able to comprehend what is in front of our faces.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    very good point...think I'll just have a soda pop and wait.

Godfather.