Options

Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Yes
    hedonist said:

Also - we should take care of this rock and each other no matter if life is there beyond us. Let's do it because it's the right thing to do, not because of the possibility or not of company.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    Yes, and they have visited Earth

23scidoo said:
    Aztec Girls Dating
    Fulfill Your Desire. Date Aztec Girls. Fast, Secure Service. ???????

dude really ? hahhahhahhahhahhaha

as for the info or story on that page it's all been on the History channel but it was still interesting and still just can't wrap my head around thier theory.

Godfather.

23scidoo said:
    I'd need to know that these artifacts were researched by independent historians to in fact determine how old they are.

i'm happy to make you wonder..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:
    Aztec Girls Dating
    Fulfill Your Desire. Date Aztec Girls. Fast, Secure Service. ???????

dude really ? hahhahhahhahhahhaha

as for the info or story on that page it's all been on the History channel but it was still interesting and still just can't wrap my head around thier theory.

Godfather.

23scidoo said:
    I'd need to know that these artifacts were researched by independent historians to in fact determine how old they are.

i'm happy to make you wonder..
    huh?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ''huh?''..i don't know what you mean HFD..but what about this??..
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/02/radio-bursts-alien-signals_n_6984870.html?utm_hp_ref=science
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Yes
    You said "im happy to make you wonder.". I dont know what that means.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No
    I think after all this time and debate that the answer to the question is still no.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

I think after all this time and debate that the answer to the question is still no.

You're delusional if you think we're alone Scott. 100's of Billions and billions of galaxies. That's billions of planets and suns. There's no way were alone. No way.
  • Options
    No
    badbrains said:

You're delusional if you think we're alone Scott. 100's of Billions and billions of galaxies. That's billions of planets and suns. There's no way were alone. No way.
    I'm a prove it kind of person. I've said before that I'm open to the possibility just because there's more stars out there that we can conceive. But until the day comes when an alien spacecraft hovers over NYC and DC, I'm gonna stick with the no.
  • Options

badbrains said:

I'm a prove it kind of person. I've said before that I'm open to the possibility just because there's more stars out there that we can conceive. But until the day comes when an alien spacecraft hovers over NYC and DC, I'm gonna stick with the no.
    If they reach us before we reach them, it's over for all of us. Just saying
  • Options
    No
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Lol, what makes you think they are looking for us? Why would they be so much smarter than us? They have to travel just as far to get to us as we do to get to them. Doesn't seem plausible even if there were other life forms out there.
  • Options

i dibble the seed of wonder for you??..haha..you read the artιcle and you want more prοοfs now..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Lol, what makes you think they are looking for us? Why would they be so much smarter than us? They have to travel just as far to get to us as we do to get to them. Doesn't seem plausible even if there were other life forms out there.
    What makes me think they're looking for us? Shit, we're looking for them aren't we?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

What makes me think they're looking for us? Shit, we're looking for them aren't we?
    and all this happening in the past 60-70 years..let's think how much time they got..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    Zecharia Sitchin
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Zecharia Sitchin

The 12th Planet
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    badbrains said:

show us just 1 planet with human like life on it....1 out of all those bazillions of galaxies and suns you are talking about and I'll buy you lunch at your favorite taco shop.

Godfather.

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809

badbrains said:

show us just 1 planet with human like life on it....1 out of all those bazillions of galaxies and suns you are talking about and I'll buy you lunch at your favorite taco shop.

Godfather.

Really Godfather?
    You truly believe that there are no other life forms out there?
    I am kind of surprised.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    No

badbrains said:

Godfather.

Really Godfather?
    I am kind of surprised.
    well....not yet, but if just one shows up I owe bb lunch HAHHAHHAHHA.
    truth is that I watch all the programs and shows on this stuff,read a few things and the last page or the last 10 min's is always the same...a big fat nada, it wouldn't suprise me if there was but for the last 100 years or so it would be a safe bet to say no...escically with all the new stuff popping up on t.v with allien visitors giving inf to Telsa or the Inca tribes......shit really ?????

Godfather.

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809

badbrains said:

Godfather.

Really Godfather?
    I am kind of surprised.
    truth is that I watch all the programs and shows on this stuff,read a few things and the last page or the last 10 min's is always the same...a big fat nada, it wouldn't suprise me if there was but for the last 100 years or so it would be a safe bet to say no...escically with all the new stuff popping up on t.v with allien visitors giving inf to Telsa or the Inca tribes......shit really ?????

Godfather.

Billions of stars
    Billions of galaxies
    Billions of planets

All you need is an energy source, some water, and...ummm..amino acids? Rght? The building blocks of life?

I find it hard to believe that Earth is the only rock capable of producing life.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

i dibble the seed of wonder for you??..haha..you read the artιcle and you want more prοοfs now..
    I continue to have trouble understanding you.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

badbrains said:

Godfather.

Really Godfather?
    I am kind of surprised.

Godfather.

Billions of stars
    Billions of galaxies
    Billions of planets

All you need is an energy source, some water, and...ummm..amino acids? Rght? The building blocks of life?

I find it hard to believe that Earth is the only rock capable of producing life.

Thank you speedy. Wise you are
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

badbrains said:

Godfather.

Really Godfather?
    I am kind of surprised.

Godfather.

Billions of stars
    Billions of galaxies
    Billions of planets

I'm with you on this but GF did say "human like life", not just life. I'm prepared to agree that there probably isn't "human like life" elsewhere, although it all depends on just how alike we expect it to be.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    No

badbrains said:

Godfather.

Really Godfather?
    I am kind of surprised.

Godfather.

Billions of stars
    Billions of galaxies
    Billions of planets

honestly and truthfully I would agree with you, all this real estate and only us ? but also with truth and honesty we have not found any creditable evidence of any other life forms, we have had men on the moon,men in space,the hubble telescope etc. and still no phone call from E.T but.....I'm not in any way saying it wont happen or they're not there,just that we have never seen them so for me it's still a no.

Godfather.

• Options
    Yes
    too many variables, in my opinion, to believe we have been contacted and/or visited.

First, they would have to be at a stage in their own evolution (if evolution even exists in their world) that is concurrent with ours.
    Second, their technology of communication would have to match ours. Incredibly unlikely that they have also invented the radio.

I simply cannot believe that, if they have visited us, meaning their technology far outweighs our own, that our stupid human governments would have the resources to cover it up.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No
    I'm more apt to believe that there isn't intelligent life anywhere out there. There could very well be thriving colonies of bacteria or algae somewhere out there. Something that could survive extremely harsh environments.
  • Options
    So what's with this big ass universe? Why so much real-estate "just" for us?
  • Options
    Yes
    With regards to the 'timeline' aspect slightly referred to with regards to evolution, time goes infinitely backwards as it will forwards.

When was the 1st day? If you have an answer to that question, then what was before this first day?

With infinity in every direction, it is with mathematical certainty there is and has been another Earth and human beings... in many instances.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited April 2015

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

If they can find us, then they are smarter or more advanced than us by far. And i don't find that hard to believe at all. People are pretty dumb. It's not like humans are an extraordinary example of intelligence, yes some seem to still believe we must be the species against which intelligence (or technological capability) is measured. I find that laughable. And obviously, there is likely to be plenty of alien life out there that is much dumber than humans, still in a much earlier stage of evolution, are just what we would consider "animals", etc. Or they might be completely inconceivable to us and utterly uncomparible in all kinds of ways. Plus, we might be considered the laughing stock of the universe - just a bunch of doofuses that other alien worlds make jokes about or are indifferent to the point of oblivion, and they aren't interested in visiting Earth in the least.

What it comes down to is that there are infinite possibilities here... and IMO, that doesn't leave room for a complete absense of life in the whole universe off of this tiny little insignificant planet. Really, that idea seems absolutely ludicrous to me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes

With regards to the 'timeline' aspect slightly referred to with regards to evolution, time goes infinitely backwards as it will forwards.

When was the 1st day? If you have an answer to that question, then what was before this first day?

With infinity in every direction, it is with mathematical certainty there is and has been another Earth and human beings... in many instances.

Did you take a bong hit before posting this? I have no ida what it means. ;lol

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No
    Humans aren't an example of extraordinary intelligence? I couldnt disagree more.