Options

Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    I think the ancient alien theories are pretty hokey. The evidence is incredibly flimsy, at best.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    23scidoo said:

How the Dogon tribal knows about the Sirius B??
    What the Zuni tribal have seen and then painting in the rocks??
    How they build those gigantic walls in Cusco, Peru??
    just a few examples..

Draw lines from these places,(Lay lines?) many of the ruins/temples all line up.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited February 2015
    No

We have all seen it:

We've all seen this too. It doesn't make it real image

(I was going to put a prophet up but thought otherwise)
    Are you guys sure you want this guy to be your spokesperson?
  • Options

We have all seen it:

We've all seen this too. It doesn't make it real image

(I was going to put a prophet up but thought otherwise)
    Are you guys sure you want this guy to be your spokesperson?
    Why you posting up a picture of Chris Cornell wrapped in sheets?
  • Options
    Yes
    rr165892 said:

23scidoo said:

How the Dogon tribal knows about the Sirius B??
    What the Zuni tribal have seen and then painting in the rocks??
    How they build those gigantic walls in Cusco, Peru??
    just a few examples..

Draw lines from these places,(Lay lines?) many of the ruins/temples all line up.
    I have never seen anything about that... I might have to look up such things and subsequent debunking attempts.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Yes
    I rented the movie "Paul" so that I can do some research on the matter.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I rented the movie "Paul" so that I can do some research on the matter.

It will teach u everything you need to know.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,506
    edited February 2015
    And then we have this..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox
    against this..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_hypothesis
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:
    One of those is a serious query by a great physicist, and the other is (legitimate) science fiction speculation.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

23scidoo said:
    One of those is a serious query by a great physicist, and the other is (legitimate) science fiction speculation.
    and him??
    http://www.haystack.mit.edu/hay/staff/jball/etiy.pdf
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    HAHHAHHAHHAHAHHHHA why is Jesus always brought up when talking about UFO's ? soon as I say UFO's are fantasy someone without fail pulls the Jesus card..are you trying to protect your commentment to the the E.T's...believe me if anybody wants to believe in the E.T thing I will not tell you that you are wrong, again I say, believe as you wish.

Godfather.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of there being no other life out there. those who can wrap there head around this belief amaze me
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Yes

HAHHAHHAHHAHAHHHHA why is Jesus always brought up when talking about UFO's ? soon as I say UFO's are fantasy someone without fail pulls the Jesus card..are you trying to protect your commentment to the the E.T's...believe me if anybody wants to believe in the E.T thing I will not tell you that you are wrong, again I say, believe as you wish.

Godfather.

it's not about belief, or faith, it's about scientific probability. and the thread isn't about "UFO's" and little green men. this isn't the 1950's. we're talking about other life forms out there in the vastness of universal existence. not the x files.

again, I find it interesting how someone can mock those who believe it's POSSIBLE that life exists beyond our planet (with the obligatory passive-agressive "believe as you wish" after I laugh at you), yet your faith asks you to believe in things that are, as we know it, impossible and highly improbably at best. and you believe that without question.

are you capable of having a serious discussion without mocking others' beliefs? i mean, it seems your understanding of the universe is that "not even mars" is capable of sustaining life. not even mars? that's as far as you are willing to look? the planet next to us???

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No

Godfather.

it's not about belief, or faith, it's about scientific probability. and the thread isn't about "UFO's" and little green men. this isn't the 1950's. we're talking about other life forms out there in the vastness of universal existence. not the x files.

again, I find it interesting how someone can mock those who believe it's POSSIBLE that life exists beyond our planet (with the obligatory passive-agressive "believe as you wish" after I laugh at you), yet your faith asks you to believe in things that are, as we know it, impossible and highly improbably at best. and you believe that without question.

are you capable of having a serious discussion without mocking others' beliefs? i mean, it seems your understanding of the universe is that "not even mars" is capable of sustaining life. not even mars? that's as far as you are willing to look? the planet next to us???

mars ? there you go again...show me where I limited my statement to fuckin mars..
    are you capable of having a serious discussion without mocking others' beliefs?...are you ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    Yes
    I came off a little harsh scidoo, the greatest minds in science engage in science fiction speculation. Nothing wrong with that and the zoo theory is logical and plausible.
  • Options
    Yes

the universe is crazy big but really folks...we don't know of any planets that will sustain life as we know it to be,not even Mars is good for sustaining life for any amount of time ,no water no vegetation and the weather really sucks up there from what Ive read.

Godfather.

you have a short memory.

and show me where I mocked your beliefs.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    we've 14 folks from 2,290 light years away staying in the basement. i admit the one they call 'charlie' gets on my nerves a bit when he gets in the walls, pounding on them & hanging upside down while singing pantera songs & soft hits from the 60's & 70's. im just a bit tired of england dan & john ford coleyare
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    No

the universe is crazy big but really folks...we don't know of any planets that will sustain life as we know it to be,not even Mars is good for sustaining life for any amount of time ,no water no vegetation and the weather really sucks up there from what Ive read.

Godfather.

you have a short memory.

...we don't know of any planets that will sustain life as we know it to be

Godfather.

• Options
    No

Godfather.

you have a short memory.

maybe a short memory but it's o.k for the most part.

Godfather.

• Options
    Yes

Godfather.

you have a short memory.

Godfather.

check this out:

http://themindunleashed.org/2015/02/scientists-discover-another-earth.html

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No

Godfather.

you have a short memory.

Godfather.

check this out:

the site kept jumping around and wouldn't let me go that story but I have a few quesations , how far away is it ? light years away ? and did the artical state that scientists are 100% positive that this planet would sustain human life ?

a hundred years ago space travle was a dream even as slow as it is today it's still mind bending but who knows where the next 100 years will take us,will it be posible to travle a twice the speed of light or faster ? .....wouldn't that be great ..another planet to go to war over (that's a joke)
    Im open to the posibilties of all this stuff but it's kind of crazy that man can find another star or planet that is light years away but can't provide any positive proff of alien life or space craft, Im not saying it is not there but I haven't seen anything to say it is there.

Godfather.

• Options
    No

Godfather.

you have a short memory.

Godfather.

check this out:

it is a defenit maybe but not enough is known about this planet to say it is habitable.

http://www.nasa.gov/ames/kepler/nasas-kepler-discovers-first-earth-size-planet-in-the-habitable-zone-of-another-star/

Godfather.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Yes
    I think looking at it in terms of hundreds of years is why people fail to comprehend that life is out there. Hundreds of years is a joke in the universe really.

Even if aliens visited once every million years to our planet they would have just found dinosaurs.

Alien dude: 'Hey, check out this planet, what life does it hold?'
    Alien dude 2: 'Umm, big fuckin' huge things with little arms and huge fuckin' teeth. I'm not going down there. Fuck that.'
    Alien dude: 'Ok, we'll send somebody back in a million years to see what's going on.'

A million years later:

Alien dude: 'Hey , this was on our planetary data sheet to analyse. Has anything changed?'
    Alien dude 2: 'Umm, no. But now they got these big flying things with big teeth and huge claws. I'm not going down there.'
    Alien dude: 'Ok, we'll send somebody back in a million years to see what's going on.'

And on and on for 130 million years. Maybe they just got bored over 100 million years of just seeing dinosaurs.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Yes

Godfather.

you have a short memory.

Godfather.

Europa is a moon that orbits Jupiter, composed mostly of silicate rock and water-ice with a thin oxygen atmosphere. It is largely thought (though not yet proven) to have liquid seas beneath it's icy surface. If it does, that's a "planet" INSIDE our solar system which is capable of supporting life as we know it.
    Mars is releasing methane periodically, which scientists suspect could be a sign of microbial life. Jury's still out on both, but there is a FACT in there that can't be ignored. We know from extremophiles here on Earth that Mars is perfectly capable of sustaining microbial life, and if Europa has a liquid ocean under the ice, it too would be perfectly capable.
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Options
    Yes

Godfather.

you have a short memory.

Godfather.

check this out:

the site kept jumping around and wouldn't let me go that story but I have a few quesations , how far away is it ? light years away ? and did the artical state that scientists are 100% positive that this planet would sustain human life ?

a hundred years ago space travle was a dream even as slow as it is today it's still mind bending but who knows where the next 100 years will take us,will it be posible to travle a twice the speed of light or faster ? .....wouldn't that be great ..another planet to go to war over (that's a joke)
    Im open to the posibilties of all this stuff but it's kind of crazy that man can find another star or planet that is light years away but can't provide any positive proff of alien life or space craft, Im not saying it is not there but I haven't seen anything to say it is there.

Godfather.

500 light years.
    being that far away, no, all they can do is hypothesize at best. all they know is that it is in the goldilocks (habitable) zone, which means it has the right temperature and atmospheric pressure to sustain life AS WE KNOW IT.

to be honest, I'm not even sure why scientists are looking that far away. how the hell would we get there? it's impossible. at the moment, anyway. if it takes LIGHT 500 years to get there, how long is that in spaceship years? 1 light year is 10 trillion kilometers.

so 500 of them is 5000 trillion km's.

or approximately a motherfucking long way.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No
    eddiec said:

I think looking at it in terms of hundreds of years is why people fail to comprehend that life is out there. Hundreds of years is a joke in the universe really.

Even if aliens visited once every million years to our planet they would have just found dinosaurs.

Alien dude 2: 'Umm, big fuckin' huge things with little arms and huge fuckin' teeth. I'm not going down there. Fuck that.'

A million years later:

Alien dude: 'Hey , this was on our planetary data sheet to analyse. Has anything changed?'
    Alien dude 2: 'Umm, no. But now they got these big flying things with big teeth and huge claws. I'm not going down there.'

And on and on for 130 million years. Maybe they just got bored over 100 million years of just seeing dinosaurs.

That's quite possible. But it's just as possible that there is nothing out there but stars and space.

Guys and gals, we could just be lucky.
  • Options
    Yes

eddiec said:

A million years later:

That's quite possible. But it's just as possible that there is nothing out there but stars and space.

Guys and gals, we could just be lucky.
    define "lucky".

mankind is a huge cesspool of fucking shit.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com