Options

Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    dignin said:
    I'm confused. This is an interview of godfather in his youth, yet in this thread... he speaks against the existence of alien life?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Yes

dignin said:
    I'm confused. This is an interview of godfather in his youth, yet in this thread... he speaks against the existence of alien life?
    Ha!

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No

dignin said:
    I'll have to watch this when I get home, and dignin, not against it just saying unproven ...can you understand the difference ?

Godfather.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Yes

dignin said:
    I'll have to watch this when I get home, and dignin, not against it just saying unproven ...can you understand the difference ?

Godfather.

You need to watch it Godfather, It's pretty funny. It really has nothing to do with you......thirty was just making a joke.

• Options
    No
    dignin said:

dignin said:

Godfather.

You need to watch it Godfather, It's pretty funny. It really has nothing to do with you......thirty was just making a joke.

cool ! thought I was an undiscovered movie star hahahhahhaha

Godfather.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited March 2015
    No
    23scidoo said:
    If that doesn't sound like the ramblings of a crazy person, I don't know what would. The Canadian government found 4 different alien species based on their investigation after a few ufo sightings in the 60's? "Thousands of billions" we're spent?
  • Options
    Yes, and they have visited Earth

23scidoo said:
    If that doesn't sound like the ramblings of a crazy person, I don't know what would. The Canadian government found 4 different alien species based on their investigation after a few ufo sightings in the 60's? "Thousands of billions" we're spent?
    you should ask your government how much they spend in projects like the ''star war'' or ''majestic 12''..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    Yes

23scidoo said:
    I gotta say, I have to agree with you here. Species inhabiting one of saturns moons? Pretty sure we would have been able to see a Little Green Men clothing store chain with the hubble, dont you think?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

23scidoo said:
    I gotta say, I have to agree with you here. Species inhabiting one of saturns moons? Pretty sure we would have been able to see a Little Green Men clothing store chain with the hubble, dont you think?

Paulonious you are Canadian, right??..i guess you know better about this guy..tell us
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

Paulonious you are Canadian, right??..i guess you know better about this guy..tell us
    well, it's not like america, where defence ministers are household names and subjects of movies or tv mini series. all I know about this guy is that ever since he retired he's been blathering about how aliens have been visiting us for this long and doing this and that.

it just seems so far fetched to me, that SO MANY PEOPLE could be involved in knowing something so earth shattering and no one says a word. I just don't buy it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

well, it's not like america, where defence ministers are household names and subjects of movies or tv mini series. all I know about this guy is that ever since he retired he's been blathering about how aliens have been visiting us for this long and doing this and that.

it just seems so far fetched to me, that SO MANY PEOPLE could be involved in knowing something so earth shattering and no one says a word. I just don't buy it.

thanks for the info..why you said nobody talking??..for every one who talks, there are ten people who mocking what he says..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No
    Or hoping they get the help they need.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

thanks for the info..why you said nobody talking??..for every one who talks, there are ten people who mocking what he says..
    I mean no one else in his type of position. there would literally be THOUSANDS of people who would have to be in the know at any given time spread all over the planet, and only ONE talks? I call bullshit.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    No
    and all this is why I have a hard time following along with the E.T.L theory, 20 light years away from earth is quite a leep not to see or hear any kind of positive info.

Godfather.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    No
    23scidoo said:
    Aztec Girls Dating
    Fulfill Your Desire. Date Aztec Girls. Fast, Secure Service. ???????

dude really ? hahhahhahhahhahhaha

as for the info or story on that page it's all been on the History channel but it was still interesting and still just can't wrap my head around thier theory.

Godfather.

• Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:
    I'd need to know that these artifacts were researched by independent historians to in fact determine how old they are.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes

23scidoo said:
    Aztec Girls Dating
    Fulfill Your Desire. Date Aztec Girls. Fast, Secure Service. ???????

dude really ? hahhahhahhahhahhaha

as for the info or story on that page it's all been on the History channel but it was still interesting and still just can't wrap my head around thier theory.

Godfather.

I'm with you. These are fringe theories, and the evidence is bent this way and that to fit the theories.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Yes
    The universe is huge and I used to think the odds of there being intelligent life elsewhere must be fairly good but I'm not so sure anymore. The more I read about cosmology, biology, the distances need to be visited by aliens, and the mechanisms needed to travel that far, the less inclined I am to believe we have been visited and the more uncertain I am that alien intelligent life is likely to exist (though it might).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    No
    brianlux said:

The universe is huge and I used to think the odds of there being intelligent life elsewhere must be fairly good but I'm not so sure anymore. The more I read about cosmology, biology, the distances need to be visited by aliens, and the mechanisms needed to travel that far, the less inclined I am to believe we have been visited and the more uncertain I am that alien intelligent life is likely to exist (though it might).

I always thought that basing the existence of aliens on the premise that we exist so surely they do too was a weak argument.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Yes

brianlux said:

I always thought that basing the existence of aliens on the premise that we exist so surely they do too was a weak argument.

Yes, agreed Cate, quite the assumption. And if we indeed may well be alone in the universe, why are we so hell bent on wrecking what we have including our sometimes pathetic selves? The thought that we may be alone could well be a good reason to take better care of our home planet and our mind, body and soul.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    But they're not mutually-exclusive. I care about a laundry list of things but can't see not being open to the possibility - likelihood - of it being feasible.

It's not a grandiose assumption. Not at all.

To me, the opposite, actually.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    No
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Yes, agreed Cate, quite the assumption. And if we indeed may well be alone in the universe, why are we so hell bent on wrecking what we have including our sometimes pathetic selves? The thought that we may be alone could well be a good reason to take better care of our home planet and our mind, body and soul.

Nature of the beast..... as robin Williams said... if we cant fuck it, we'll kill it.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Yes
    hedonist said:

But they're not mutually-exclusive. I care about a laundry list of things but can't see not being open to the possibility - likelihood - of it being feasible.

It's not a grandiose assumption. Not at all.

To me, the opposite, actually.

brianlux said:

• Options
    I'm so lost with your last two posts, B. Uncertain but might?

So then it's not such a weak argument or assumption.

All I was saying.
  • Options
    Also - we should take care of this rock and each other no matter if life is there beyond us. Let's do it because it's the right thing to do, not because of the possibility or not of company.