Options

Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Yes

very good point...think I'll just have a soda pop and wait.

Godfather.

maybe Jesus was an alien. he did, after all, build my hotrod.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    Maybe all of the prophets were aliens. Diff alien factions equal diff religions? Idk, mite be a stretch but not a far one
  • Options
    Yes
    badbrains said:

Maybe all of the prophets were aliens. Diff alien factions equal diff religions? Idk, mite be a stretch but not a far one

no farther than the current explanations.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No

Godfather.

and maybe he gave you the tallent that you have...is that a far stretch to believe as well ?
    ....what kind of hotrod do you have ? maybge a 49 ford shoe box....or a T-bucket ?

Godfather.

• Options
    Yes

Godfather.

and maybe he gave you the tallent that you have...is that a far stretch to believe as well ?
    ....what kind of hotrod do you have ? maybge a 49 ford shoe box....or a T-bucket ?

Godfather.

my personal belief is that, yes, that is a far stretch.

no hotrod. it was a song by Ministry. "Jesus Built My Hotrod".

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No

Godfather.

Godfather.

my personal belief is that, yes, that is a far stretch.

no hotrod. it was a song by Ministry. "Jesus Built My Hotrod".

hahhahha o.k,I thought you had a project hotrod.

Godfather.

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    ever been called or called someone "hotrod?" that was a funny name when i was a kid.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Hotrod would be a good stage name for Gimmie
  • Options
    Yes
    badbrains said:

LOL. he needs a t shirt with just a cartoon picture of a hotrod on it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

badbrains said:

LOL. he needs a t shirt with just a cartoon picture of a hotrod on it.

Hahahaha
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509

23scidoo said:

100 billions stars in our galaxy..100 billions galaxys in our universe..and we still believe we are alone..how much selfish we are??..

It has nothing to do with being selfish. For all of you that "know" there is more out there, simply proove it. Broad statements like this does not mean there is life out there. And it certainly doesn't mean I'm selfish.
    maths are not lying..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

hedonist said:

I think that's a key term - "life as WE know it".

There's more to life than us, than our perception, our reality.

excellent point. there might be "life" out there that we can't even fathom. we might even be able to stand right in front of it and not know what it is, as we may not be able to comprehend what is in front of our faces.

excellent point from both of you..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No
    23scidoo said:

23scidoo said:

100 billions stars in our galaxy..100 billions galaxys in our universe..and we still believe we are alone..how much selfish we are??..

It has nothing to do with being selfish. For all of you that "know" there is more out there, simply proove it. Broad statements like this does not mean there is life out there. And it certainly doesn't mean I'm selfish.
    maths are not lying..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
    Several factors in that are unknown. It can't be proven with whatever that is. Yes, probabilities say there is life beyond earth. But it needs to be actually proven for me to believe it. Not theorized.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    Proof is a geometric concept that doesn't exist in reality. There is no proof that gravity is constant, you can't prove that one day when you step off a curb you won't fall up, but you can mathematically reduce the odds to an infinitesimal degree that allows you to be pretty sure. The mathematical odds of life in the universe are such that you can be pretty sure.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    No
    rgambs said:

Proof is a geometric concept that doesn't exist in reality. There is no proof that gravity is constant, you can't prove that one day when you step off a curb you won't fall up, but you can mathematically reduce the odds to an infinitesimal degree that allows you to be pretty sure. The mathematical odds of life in the universe are such that you can be pretty sure.

There's no proof that gravity is a constant? Didn't newton prove that?
  • Options
    Yes
    If you are using a colloquial definition for "proof", then yes gravity is pretty well proved. From a scientific standpoint it isn't possible to do so.
    Karl Popper: "In the empirical sciences, which alone can furnish us with information about the world we live in, proofs do not occur, if we mean by 'proof' an argument which establishes once and for ever the truth of a theory."
    Satoshi Kanazawa has argued that "Proofs exist only in mathematics and logic, not in science."

• Options
    No
    I won't pretend to comprehend math provens as opposed to science provens. We know the earth is round how? We've seen it. We know there is gravity how? We don't fly away when we jump on a trampoline.

We know there is life outside of this planet how? The theory of probabilities. Once again, I am open to the idea of some life for being out there. Whether it be bacterial firm up to evolved, intelligent beings. But for me, personally, I need more than just probability. Show me the proof. Show me area 51 and the aliens that crashed. If it's there, it shouldn't be difficult.
  • Options

I won't pretend to comprehend math provens as opposed to science provens. We know the earth is round how? We've seen it.

Who has seen it?

• Options
    No
    We have all seen it:

• Options

We have all seen it:

We've all seen this too. It doesn't make it real image

(I was going to put a prophet up but thought otherwise)
  • Options
    Yes
    White Jesus Sighting!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    He is a prophet (would've thought you knew that)
  • Options
    badbrains said:

He is a prophet (would've thought you knew that)

That's how little I know. I thought a prophet was a muslim thing.
  • Options
    No
    So none of the shuttles or probes that we've put into space were actually put into space. None of the pictures we have of the earth actually came from outer space? Strange. If we don't have real pictures of the earth, then how do we know that there are trillions of stars and millions of plants that may or may not hold alien life?
  • Options

So none of the shuttles or probes that we've put into space were actually put into space. None of the pictures we have of the earth actually came from outer space? Strange. If we don't have real pictures of the earth, then how do we know that there are trillions of stars and millions of plants that may or may not hold alien life?

This is false advertising.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/10/museum-goes-public-with-bag-of-moon-landing-souvenirs-brought-back-by-neil-armstrong/
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/10/museum-goes-public-with-bag-of-moon-landing-souvenirs-brought-back-by-neil-armstrong/
    Ah, so you're one of the fake-moon-landing-filmed-on-a-Hollywood-soundstage guys!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Ah, so you're one of the fake-moon-landing-filmed-on-a-Hollywood-soundstage guys!
    No,
    I was excited initially to start reading an article about moon souvenirs brought back to earth, not human souvenirs brought back.

All though Bob Hope did mention that it must have been quite a long phone cord to talk to a person on the moon.....
  • Options
    Yes

rgambs said:

There's no proof that gravity is a constant? Didn't newton prove that?
    I think what he means here is that proof is in science can only be 100% quantifiable in the present and past. We can't necessarily prove thatgravity will exist in its current form next month, year, or even minute. At least that's what i am gathering here. But this is kind of making my head spin, so i could be way off.

I think we are splitting hairs here; you belive it is probable there is life beyond our planet, but you won't say for sure without some sort of visual or scientific proof. I get that. I think most of us would agree with that. No one can say for sure; the only difference is that i am 99.99999999% sure, whereas you are only 99.99999998% sure. Lol

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    How the Dogon tribal knows about the Sirius B??
    What the Zuni tribal have seen and then painting in the rocks??
    How they build those gigantic walls in Cusco, Peru??
    just a few examples..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Do you remember the Mancester 2012 poster?..someone had a funny idea..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.