Options

Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    Yes

Humans aren't an example of extraordinary intelligence? I couldnt disagree more.

The fact that we treat each other, not to mention our own home, the way we do, suggests otherwise.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yes

With regards to the 'timeline' aspect slightly referred to with regards to evolution, time goes infinitely backwards as it will forwards.

When was the 1st day? If you have an answer to that question, then what was before this first day?

With infinity in every direction, it is with mathematical certainty there is and has been another Earth and human beings... in many instances.

Did you take a bong hit before posting this? I have no ida what it means. ;lol

Deep thoughts by 30 Bills Unpaid lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

With regards to the 'timeline' aspect slightly referred to with regards to evolution, time goes infinitely backwards as it will forwards.

When was the 1st day? If you have an answer to that question, then what was before this first day?

With infinity in every direction, it is with mathematical certainty there is and has been another Earth and human beings... in many instances.

Oddly enough - or not - I got it =)

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes

Humans aren't an example of extraordinary intelligence? I couldnt disagree more.

The fact that we treat each other, not to mention our own home, the way we do, suggests otherwise.
    Wisdom is different though.
    If an alien life was intelligent enough to cross the galaxy, but did so because it wanted to subjugate us, or because it ruined it's own system with war, would that negate their intelligence?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    rgambs said:

If an alien life was intelligent enough to cross the galaxy, but did so because it wanted to subjugate us, or because it ruined it's own system with war, would that negate their intelligence?
    Yes.
  • Options
    Yes

rgambs said:

Yes.
    I have to disagree entirely. If a species can harness and control the physical laws and forces of the universe necessary to reach beyond their solar system they are certainly of extraordinary intelligence.

If you want to define intelligence as "treating each other nice and living in harmony" then myriad species are extraordinarily more intelligent than us right here. Fruit Flies, Finches, Squirrels, Pandas...none of them fight or spoil their environment.
    Non-violence and harmony with nature don't define intelligence.
  • Options
    So I guess the answer is no.
  • Options
    Yes
    There is a theory out there that in order to rise to the intelligence needed for interplanetary and interstellar travel, a species would need to be highly competitive... That competitive drive may ensure that very few, if any, species which unlocked the secrets of fission and fusion would survive the knowledge long enough to overcome the violent tendencies which come from a highly competitive disposition.

That was all in my own words because I can't remember who originated the theory.
  • Options
    So....
    Yes or no?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yes

So....
    Yes or no?

Not sure what you mean?
    *Edit, I just now realized I never answered the poll lol
  • Options
    rgambs said:

So....
    Yes or no?

Not sure what you mean?
    Now that I see your vote makes it easier to converse.
  • Options
    The thing that sucks about AMT is that you don't want to derail with internal reubkes but you get asked questions that will do the very deed.

OP- sorry.
  • Options
    Yes
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Yes.
    I have to disagree entirely. If a species can harness and control the physical laws and forces of the universe necessary to reach beyond their solar system they are certainly of extraordinary intelligence.

If you want to define intelligence as "treating each other nice and living in harmony" then myriad species are extraordinarily more intelligent than us right here. Fruit Flies, Finches, Squirrels, Pandas...none of them fight or spoil their environment.
    No, not on its own, correct. You cannot define an entire species by one characteristic. But, It is all about intent. Pandas dont destroy their environment because they dont know how! Lol. Humans have the ability to choose non-violence, but we do not. Thats pretty damn stupid, if you ask me.

But we are sliding off the rails a bit here.....what do you guys think of the recent few ex-military higher ups that are claiming we have not only been visited, but that they currently walk among us?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Yes.

No, not on its own, correct. You cannot define an entire species by one characteristic. But, It is all about intent. Pandas dont destroy their environment because they dont know how! Lol. Humans have the ability to choose non-violence, but we do not. Thats pretty damn stupid, if you ask me.

But we are sliding off the rails a bit here.....what do you guys think of the recent few ex-military higher ups that are claiming we have not only been visited, but that they currently walk among us?

• Options
    Yes
    hedonist said:

I'm not surprised. You rock.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

hedonist said:

Jack handy was the best era of SNL.
  • Options
    Yes

Speaking of the first day, did you hear that scientists are now rethinking the big bang theory? Now they think it has always been there. Oddly enough, that's how most theists answer the question of "when did god appear?".

Crazy stuff. http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

Just saw this. Thank you!

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,747

On what basis would you disagree? How can you make this statement with absolutely no basis of comparison? You might be right... then again, you might be very wrong. With the stance you're taking in this thread, i would think you'd need more information before making this claim one way or the other.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Yes.

There are a lot of squirrels outside my place, and I see them fighting all the time. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:

On what basis would you disagree? How can you make this statement with absolutely no basis of comparison? You might be right... then again, you might be very wrong. With the stance you're taking in this thread, i would think you'd need more information before making this claim one way or the other.
    The comparison is with the hundreds of thousands of life forms on earth.

If all of you can ASSUME life exists beyond this earth, why can't I ASSUME that we are an example of extraordinary intelligence? But that's a weak argument.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

If all of you can ASSUME life exists beyond this earth, why can't I ASSUME that we are an example of extraordinary intelligence? But that's a weak argument.
    You totally can, but it just runs against your main argument, which is that you require proof before believing anything, so was just wondering.
  • Options
    No
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

You totally can, but it just runs against your main argument, which is that you require proof before believing anything, so was just wondering.
    That's sort of my point. Theres no proof out there to prove we aren't the most intelligent life form in the universe.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,755

23scidoo said:

You said "im happy to make you wonder.". I dont know what that means.

i dibble the seed of wonder for you??..haha..you read the artιcle and you want more prοοfs now..
    I continue to have trouble understanding you.

sorry..i guess its my fault..but..you vote yes..and you want proofs..what your heart tells you??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

That's sort of my point. Theres no proof out there to prove we aren't the most intelligent life form in the universe.
    if we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe, this universe is fucked up..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    No
    Why? What does human intelligence have to do with the universe being fucked? Pretend we are the smartest life form, are we stupid enough to think we have any effect on the universe? Seems silly. But then again, I think it's silly to think there are aliens.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    badbrains said:

So what's with this big ass universe? Why so much real-estate "just" for us?

don't know but I haven't met any of our E.T nieghbor's yet but if I do then I'll know.

Godfather.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No

disagree, look at what man kind has accomplished in just the last 100 years, I think man is dangerous I also believe we use our intelligence like a weapon against ourselfs...fine line between genious and insanity right ? hahhahhahaha

Godfather.

• Options
    Yes
    You can be both genius and insane, they don't preclude each other.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Why? What does human intelligence have to do with the universe being fucked? Pretend we are the smartest life form, are we stupid enough to think we have any effect on the universe? Seems silly. But then again, I think it's silly to think there are aliens.

If not for this universe, I’m sure for this planet..but that is another story..
    About the aliens now..the proofs are out there..you can find them in all human religions and all civilizations around the history..the Greeks, the Mayans, the Egyptians, the Chinese,the Mesopotamians,the Hopi’s,they all said the same story again and again..
    Burning hedge plants and flying dragon’s??..they don’t have the right words to describe what they see and they call them the God’s..there are smart enough to do maths ,astronomy,mechanic, but when we came to that, we say it is their imagination??..
    You can find proofs in some of the most famous renaissance paintings, like this..
    http://theholyprepuce.tumblr.com/post/9291033916/the-baptism-of-christ-aert-de-gelder-1710..or this.. http://theholyprepuce.tumblr.com/post/9291033916/the-baptism-of-christ-aert-de-gelder-1710..or this.. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread850386/pg1..
    The most of the people looking for proofs, but I’m looking for answers..
    What happen to Los Angeles at 1942??..what happen to Rendlesham forest at 1980??..what happen to Phoenix at 1997??..what was that to Sao Paulo at 1986??..
    How they build all those megalithic monuments around the world??..and I’m not talking only about pyramids or Stonehenge or the statues in Easter island..i’m talking about places like Angor Wat or the Suncity or the Nazca lines..and 50-60 places around the world..how my ancestors knew where is the right places to build their tembles in a way to make triangulars??..
    I know there is a big part of ufo sightings we can explain..physical phenomenons or secret army technology..but you have to admit ..big part of all this phenomenon is still unexplained..what about the elongated skulls they found in Peru??..and the junk DNA??..ha..
    Next time you think silly all of us who have a different bieleves of you, please think of it again..we just disagree here..
    The truth was always out there..there is a war behind our backs..and of course you can wait for the aliens coming to your backyard..

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.