PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited April 2014
    JK_Livin said:

4-27-2003 was Millwood's no-hitter. Sitting in the 600 level in right field with some friends and my 14 month old son. He was trying to run up and down the ramps of the vet. He fell asleep on me in the 5th inning and I looked at the scoreboard and said "shit". I couldn't leave at that point. He stayed asleep for the rest of the game. He was almost at another no-no a year or 2 later with Eric Milton on the mound.

The singer from the opening band Sparta made reference to it the next night too. Said they were at the game.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

JK_Livin said:

4-27-2003 was Millwood's no-hitter. Sitting in the 600 level in right field with some friends and my 14 month old son. He was trying to run up and down the ramps of the vet. He fell asleep on me in the 5th inning and I looked at the scoreboard and said "shit". I couldn't leave at that point. He stayed asleep for the rest of the game. He was almost at another no-no a year or 2 later with Eric Milton on the mound.

The singer from the opening band Sparta made reference to it the next night too. Said they were at the game.
    That band would've been sweet if they just stayed as At The Drive-In

And that 2003 Tour was sweet - that was the last time I put effort into a full-scale tour with seeing many, many shows. The joys of being young and not giving a fuck...

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Anyone watching this We Could Be King documentary? Good stuff.

JK_Livin said:

And that 2003 Tour was sweet - that was the last time I put effort into a full-scale tour with seeing many, many shows. The joys of being young and not giving a fuck...

2003 was actually my first "See many shows, don't give a fuck" tour year. I was 19 at the time. Saw this Spectrum show and the State College show that was a few days later. And then hit up four shows when they came back east in July (Camden 1, both MSGs, and Hershey). Those were the days.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

JK_Livin said:

2003 was actually my first "See many shows, don't give a fuck" tour year. I was 19 at the time. Saw this Spectrum show and the State College show that was a few days later. And then hit up four shows when they came back east in July (Camden 1, both MSGs, and Hershey). Those were the days.
    Damn right. Yeah, I was 20 - it was a bonus having most of my friends being 21. I kinda miss it being a challenge having to get your hands on booze...

Hell yeah - Spectrum, State College, Camdens, DC, Hershey, New York, Boston, Holmdel....awesome run.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    soooooooooooooooooooooo........no more phils games on standard definition. hey ho!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    interesting fact. The Phills have not been over .500 since Oct. '12 image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

they were over .500 yesterday.....and they won their first game of the season.

where are you getting your information from, friend?
    chinese-happy.jpg

they were over .500 yesterday.....and they won their first game of the season.

where are you getting your information from, friend?
    ooops sorry meant two games over .500. image

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Cliff -

What's your thoughts on Catahoula?

Cliff -

I like it. Thought it was going to close for a while, was always dead but has picked up and is pretty busy for the most part.

Fried green tomatoes are legit. The burgers are really fucking good. Po boys are good. Jambayla is probably my least favorite. Lots of other random stuff is good but nothing off the top of my head. Pretty good beer selection usually. Always has Abita.

Crawfish boils on Tuesday and Wednesday are by far my favorite thing. Those little mudbugs are fucking delicious.

Cliff -

I like it. Thought it was going to close for a while, was always dead but has picked up and is pretty busy for the most part.

Fried green tomatoes are legit. The burgers are really fucking good. Po boys are good. Jambayla is probably my least favorite. Lots of other random stuff is good but nothing off the top of my head. Pretty good beer selection usually. Always has Abita.

Crawfish boils on Tuesday and Wednesday are by far my favorite thing. Those little mudbugs are fucking delicious.
    Thinkin about brunch there on Sunday with the moms.

Cliff -

Nice, I like it. Definitely a bar atmosphere. One room with a bar and high top tables. There is a cool outdoor area.

You going to the Phillies Sunday? We'll be down there tailgating in FDR after the run.

Cliff -

Nice, I like it. Definitely a bar atmosphere. One room with a bar and high top tables. There is a cool outdoor area.

You going to the Phillies Sunday? We'll be down there tailgating in FDR after the run.
    Word. You running?

Yeah, man. Mom's Day game.

Cliff -

Word. You running?

Yeah, man. Mom's Day game.
    Ha, no shot. The lady is. I will be playing a quick round of golf while she runs then meet everyone to tailgate. Nice. We'll have a pretty good thing going, casual. My mom will be there too if you want to catch up.

Cliff -

abita makes some quality stuff. that restoration pale ale is a good day drinking beer.

funny you brought them up, I spoke with a customer at work about an hour ago who lives in abita springs
    chinese-happy.jpg

Cliff -

abita makes some quality stuff. that restoration pale ale is a good day drinking beer.

funny you brought them up, I spoke with a customer at work about an hour ago who lives in abita springs
    Yeah, man. I dig a lot of it. Jockamo and Turbodog are also good. Heading down to New Orleans in a couple weeks. Pretty pumped.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Anyone seen a show at the Temple Performing Arts Center?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

Cliff -

Yeah, man. I dig a lot of it. Jockamo and Turbodog are also good. Heading down to New Orleans in a couple weeks. Pretty pumped.
    Yeah, the Restoration and Purple Haze are goood shit.
    This weekend may be one of the better weekends in the city this year. Morgans Pier opened yesterday. Rittenhouse fest is tomorrow, which sucks and is way too busy, but still. And the South St Fest is again for the 2nd year. Was an absolute blast and a good crowd last year. Along with the Derby. Followed by Broad St Sunday.

Going to be a good time, my friends. So damn pumped. Love this city.

This weekend may be one of the better weekends in the city this year. Morgans Pier opened yesterday. Rittenhouse fest is tomorrow, which sucks and is way too busy, but still. And the South St Fest is again for the 2nd year. Was an absolute blast and a good crowd last year. Along with the Derby. Followed by Broad St Sunday.

Ah, word. Forgot about The Derby. Awesome. Turf Club here I come (somehow gotta fit this in around the woman's birfday celebrations).

Ah, word. Forgot about The Derby. Awesome. Turf Club here I come (somehow gotta fit this in around the woman's birfday celebrations).
    Yeah, man. I have followed next to nothing on the Derby this year, but would have to imagine Wicked Strong is a terrible bet at 6-1 with all of Boston betting on it.

General A Rod on the other hand.

At any rate, I would hope both horses get turned into glue.
    Bullpen? More like a bullSHITpen amirightpeople?

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

Bullpen? More like a bullSHITpen amirightpeople?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxIgTs6HUyY
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    bullpen is a fucking disgrace.

favorite part of the game was bringing up a guy who was 1-30 for the season to pinch hit in the 9th. that's awesome.
    pjhawks said:

bullpen is a fucking disgrace.

favorite part of the game was bringing up a guy who was 1-30 for the season to pinch hit in the 9th. that's awesome.

poor little fred. haha

my day is consisting of mulching....followed by heaving drinking and watching the derby at xfinity....then seats right behind diamond club tonight.

YOU
    GOTTA
    MULCH
    chinese-happy.jpg
    nice pitching today. Bullpen has been bad but at time has looked pretty good. Only 1 1/2 games out of first now :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD