Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341

Holy fuckballs. Jugs, do us a favor shut this down and carry all the phillies business over to the fraud thread. Standing ovation for trout in his first at bat?!?

Well I think half the park is from Millville.

Looking forward to him in RED pinstripes in 6 years or so. Hey oh
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Call up Franco now.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

Call up Franco now.

Yeesh
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Kinda feel bad for the kid...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    imalive said:

Holy fuckballs. Jugs, do us a favor shut this down and carry all the phillies business over to the fraud thread. Standing ovation for trout in his first at bat?!?

they'll be booing by the 6th.
    Ha, probably true
  • Options
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983

3 errors in one game? :-S

Seems like we always have trouble against The Angels. I'd be curious as to what our record is against them in the past 10 years or so.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218

why am I not surprised by this?

• Options
    edited May 2014

3 errors in one game? :-S

Seems like we always have trouble against The Angels. I'd be curious as to what our record is against them in the past 10 years or so.

He basically single handily cost us that game. Haha....that's about as bad a game as anyone can possibly play. 2 great outings in a row by Cole and Cliff--wasted.

I actually can't remember the last time the Phils played the Angels...

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I think the last time they were here they bombed us in a 3 game sweep.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

...was that '08?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

...was that '08?
    Not sure. I don't feel like looking anything up on the Phillies right now.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cut/trade Bastardo,Revere. Trade Lee,Utley and Byrd. Also Papelbon if you can. Bring up Franco,Giles. Put Asche at 2nd and Franco at 3rd. let the youth sink or swim already. A hope that whoever we get in the trades will actually help us in 1-2 yrs. This team SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

Cut/trade Bastardo,Revere. Trade Lee,Utley and Byrd. Also Papelbon if you can. Bring up Franco,Giles. Put Asche at 2nd and Franco at 3rd. let the youth sink or swim already. A hope that whoever we get in the trades will actually help us in 1-2 yrs. This team SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Utley and Lee to the Yankees, please and thank you
  • Options

Do you have any prospects we'd want?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983

JK_Livin said:

...was that '08?
    yeah '08 i was at two of those games. Should have gone to Pearl Jam in Camden instead.

Phillies are now 1-7 against the Angels all-time. image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    do you guys realize Ben Revere has zero doubles this year and just 3 walks? how is it possible to be a leadoff hitter and on May 14th have zero doubles?

sad that our best players are still the old guys. this team is going to be horrific in about 3 years when Howard, Utley and Rollins are no longer here.

1-8 against the AL this year. what a disaster inter-league play has been for the Phils. Even the good Phils teams sucked against the AL.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,477

NO!!

• Options

Probably not enough for both of them. Have some interesting prospects but other teams could beat the Yanks, I would imagine. Sanchez, Banuelos, O'Brien would be an interesting three to start talking with. I would imagine Gardner would be on the table as well.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,524

JK_Livin said:

...was that '08?
    yeah '08 i was at two of those games. Should have gone to Pearl Jam in Camden instead.

Phillies are now 1-7 against the Angels all-time. image
    makes sense....halos have been the better team ;)"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Good god, I know I am in the wrong place for this, but fuck TLA has had some shows the past couple weeks.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    here's one for all you guys who want to go with the youth movement.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20140516_Youth_not_serving_Phillies_well.html
  • Options
    This team is a "movement" alright!
    pjhawks said:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20140516_Youth_not_serving_Phillies_well.html

Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

This team is a "movement" alright!

pjhawks said:

Maybe they should get even older then. That's the ticket!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    this team is an offensive juggernaut.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

All this dude wants to be is a contrarian. I hope you enjoy your parents' basement.

So this new format doesn't let me block him out like before. Damnit.

Dont sweat a dude who has never been right in this thread. Ever.

Its actually pretty amazing.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Did Fixer get banned?

I believe this looks to be the case. Honestly, I don't see how bad it was. Do they actually monitor these threads now?
    I thought what he said in the Eagles thread was worse. The stuff about Chip's possible sexuality.
    I know I come across as an ahole sometimes but some of the stuff that guys says it's hard to believe it's an adult and not a 14 year old saying it. that kind of stuff is baffling. must be lack of meds or something.

I know I say this every year but what is the point of the on-deck series and who would attend these games?
    Weird.

Again....

pjhawks said:

He's ranked in the top 10 of just about every statistical category that matters for a starting pitcher year in, year out.

I guess I'm missing something here...

of course you are. you missed the part of the story i posted where he is 44th in era since signing his contract.
    I could do this all day. Hilarious.
    I don't think he's saying the contract was bad. I think he's saying since he signed it has he been elite. I'm not ripping Hamels either. My problem is with Amaro.
    Who is the guy that gave out the howard contract that everyone (except me cliff, and jp) loved so much

Weird
  • Options

Wow

This is hilarious...and a little sad at the same time.

Hahahahahaha....

Mostly sad. I'm picturing a guy who lives in his mom's basement, and argues with himself when in the bathroom pretending we're the guy on the other side of the mirror.

He is the guy who tried to justify himself as an athlete by saying he played steet hockey

Yes, this really happened
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

He's ranked in the top 10 of just about every statistical category that matters for a starting pitcher year in, year out.

I guess I'm missing something here...

of course you are. you missed the part of the story i posted where he is 44th in era since signing his contract.
    the crux of your argument was that he has never had a dominating year. i'm pointing out that he is consistently one of the top 10 pitchers in the game year in, year out. he struggled a bit last year, obviously but so did a lot of high priced players on this team.

i don't get how people can under appreciate that kind of production.
    I called him a 'very good pitcher' above. not sure how that is considered under appreciating him. can you pick a year where he has been dominant? his highest cy young rank has been 5th. he hasn't been dominant or better than a top 5 pitcher in the NL for a full season and probably never top 10 in the majors. not a rip on him just a legitimate observation. very good starting pitcher just below the elite. some people like to put him elite because of the 2008 playoffs.

do you like Ben Revere too or is it ok to criticize him? have you ever seen a starting center fielder misread more fly balls than this guy? it's not really as hard as he makes it seem.
    First ryan howard is better than ted williams...and now Gio gonazalez is better than cole hamels

Hamels is one of the best pitchers in mlb.

Um, yeah. Game. Blouses

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2013&month=0&season1=2006&ind=0&team=&rost=&age=&filter=&players=
    Post edited by The Fixer on