PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    On a side note, the Blue Jays are the only team in the AL East with a positive run differential thanks to you facks

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

Both of these knuckleheads are arguing apples to oranges without considering how much pitching is paid at an extremely exorbitant premium.

I love Hamels and I'm glad he's on the team. I blame Ruben for the contract is what i'm saying. If he payed him the year before the contract wouldn't be an issue. I think Cole is a top 20 guy,so i'm deff not beating him up.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    No player will ever live up to $100+ million deal. Can Trout have better seasons than he has already? It will be tough for him.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

No player will ever live up to $100+ million deal. Can Trout have better seasons than he has already? It will be tough for him.

$100 million? Nonsense. Just because salaries are inflated compared to 10 years ago doesn't mean no one will live up to them.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited May 2014
    pjhawks said:

Both of these knuckleheads are arguing apples to oranges without considering how much pitching is paid at an extremely exorbitant premium.

clearly you missed the part where i said i didn't a fuck about his contract.

so do you think he is better than any of those pitchers listed above? and do you think Juggler was right in saying he has been dominate for 5 years?

pretty simple yes/no questions. ill wait for your answers although i'm still waiting on Juggler to tell me which of the 5 years he thinks were 'dominate'.

pjhawks said:

He's ranked in the top 10 of just about every statistical category that matters for a starting pitcher year in, year out.

I guess I'm missing something here...

of course you are. you missed the part of the story i posted where he is 44th in era since signing his contract.
    Your whole argument is based upon the contract.

Logic is not your friend, friend.

Ahh, this is great.

And, yes, I would call the numbers Jeags put up dominant. Dude's a top 3/5 left-handed pitcher. No, but continue to make a mountain out of molehill. The irony is rich on your underappreciation of Cole Hamels and your complete ball slurping of Ryan Howard and Andy Reid.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

pjhawks said:

clearly you missed the part where i said i didn't a fuck about his contract.

so do you think he is better than any of those pitchers listed above? and do you think Juggler was right in saying he has been dominate for 5 years?

pretty simple yes/no questions. ill wait for your answers although i'm still waiting on Juggler to tell me which of the 5 years he thinks were 'dominate'.

pjhawks said:

He's ranked in the top 10 of just about every statistical category that matters for a starting pitcher year in, year out.

of course you are. you missed the part of the story i posted where he is 44th in era since signing his contract.
    Your whole argument is based upon the contract.

Logic is not your friend, friend.

Ahh, this is great.

And, yes, I would call the numbers Jeags put up dominant. Dude's a top 3/5 left-handed pitcher. No, but continue to make a mountain out of molehill. The irony is rich on your underappreciation of Cole Hamels and your complete ball slurping of Ryan Howard and Andy Reid.
    never once did i make any argument regarding his contract. if you can show me differently i'd surely admit i was mistaken.

if calling a guy a 'very good pitcher' is under appreciating someone then by that standard i'm guilty but i don't think calling someone 'very good' is a negative in any way shape or form.

if someone called ryan today or even in the past 'very good' i wouldn't have a problem with it. big difference between saying someone sucks, is a stiff and you'd rather have ross gload over him than calling cole hamels 'very good' don't you think? it's not like i said i'd rather have kyle kendrick over him. so there is no irony there at all.

by your and jugglers definition there were something close to 10 dominant pitchers in the National League last year. I'd say there were 3 dominate pitchers in NL last year: Kershaw, Fernandez and Harvey.

and if you disagree i'm fine with that. i'd rather hear why you disagree other than just lob shots at me though.
    Again....
    pjhawks said:

I could do this all day. Hilarious.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

Again....

pjhawks said:

I don't think he's saying the contract was bad. I think he's saying since he signed it has he been elite. I'm not ripping Hamels either. My problem is with Amaro.
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited May 2014

Again....

pjhawks said:

it is hilarious since you clearly have no comprehension at all. I have never once said Cole is not dominate because he earns $18 million a year. NEVER ONCE.

the part about the contract was from the article i posted and was the starting point of where they talked about his era NOT BEING IN THE 10 as juggler stated. the CONTACT NUMBERS HAVE ZERO to do with my thoughts on Cole Hamels. i guess quoting from the article instead of saying since 2011 (or whenever the fuck he signed said contract) was wrong on my part. whether he earns $25 dollars of $25 million doesn't make him a better or worse pitcher.

why is rating a player based on performance regardless of a contract such a hard concept for some people to fucking understand? i don't give a flying fuck what someone earns. because you earn less doesn't make you a better player and vice versa. I never have and never will care what a player earns. it's all about on-field performance.

not this fucking difficult people. really isn't

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wow

This is hilarious...and a little sad at the same time.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Wow

This is hilarious...and a little sad at the same time.

Hahahahahaha....

Mostly sad. I'm picturing a guy who lives in his mom's basement, and argues with himself when in the bathroom pretending we're the guy on the other side of the mirror.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    help me out....has pjhawks taken over for the fixer as your whipping boy?

I got your back, hawks.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

I got your back, hawks.

Fixer was my whipping boy? T-what? I don't see how that is.... On the contrary, that guy knows what he's talking about.

Not enough going on in the Giants thread I'm assuming?

Alls I'm saying is this guy hasn't made any sense out of his comments yet, and they're for no other reason but to throw fuel on an unwanted argument/debate/conversation/what-have-you. He must be getting bored with pulling the lint from his belly button.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Mets this weekend, let's get at least 2 of the 3.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited May 2014

imalive said:

I got your back, hawks.

clearly a few on here still act like they are still in middle school. it really is sad that when someone offers a contrary opinion all they can do is lob insults but i really should expect it by now.

i stand 100% behind my opinion that Cole is a very good pitcher but not a dominate one.
    pjhawks said:

imalive said:

I got your back, hawks.

clearly a few on here still act like they are still in middle school. it really is sad that when someone offers a contrary opinion all they can do is lob insults but i really should expect it by now.

i stand 100% behind my opinion that Cole is a very good pitcher but not a dominate one.
    yet andy reid is a great coach!....alright, i'm done.
    ---

BEAT THE METS, BEAT THE METS, STEP RIGHT UP AAAAAAAAANNNND

GO PHILS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    JK_Livin said:

I wish Trout was here on a weekend.

You live in South Jersey. Did you see him when he was playing at Millville High School?

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    No. Millville is about an hour south of Mount Laurel. I never heard of him until he was drafted. I don't follow HS ball.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

sweep would also be nice :)

although cole is pitching :-S

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

...going for win number 100 on his career
    chinese-happy.jpg

fucking Bastard(o)! X(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

fucking Bastard(o)! X(
    It's a damn shame that he's not on the hook for the loss. Fucking scoring rules.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    that sucked. aside from Pappelbon (can't believe i said that) our bullpen really does suck. Never really sunk in how bad until recently though, lol. :-q
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

imalive said:

I got your back, hawks.

Fixer was my whipping boy? T-what? I don't see how that is.... On the contrary, that guy knows what he's talking about.

there's not shit going on in the first place Giants thread....the occasional d**ger troll (actually, more than occasional) but not much else....the phillies thread is BY FAR the best baseball thread...the gold standard, if you will.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

imalive said:

I got your back, hawks.

there's not shit going on in the first place Giants thread....the occasional d**ger troll (actually, more than occasional) but not much else....the phillies thread is BY FAR the best baseball thread...the gold standard, if you will.
    so would you call this thread 'dominate?' and if so by real people's definition or just by the few in here who have low standards for what is considered dominance?
    Bastardo needs to be tasered for his effort this year. almost done with him but just get the feeling they trade him and he kicks ass somewhere else.

utley has to make that play in the 9th.

does dom brown know the season started?

frustrating team. should be a few games over .500 but bullpen and the young guys in general have sucked.

i got Trout going yard 3x in 2 games at CBP this week.
    pjhawks said:

imalive said:

imalive said:

I got your back, hawks.

so would you call this thread 'dominate?' and if so by real people's definition or just by the few in here who have low standards for what is considered dominance?
    I feel like you're trying to trick me into something with that question :))

no, pretty boy hamels is not dominant.

and Ryan Howard? I forgot about him completely until I saw him in a subway commercial.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    so Utley and Rollins are about to play their 1100 game together and have now been playing together since 2003 which in years is the 2nd longest of any shortstop and second baseman other than Lou Whitaker and Alan Trammell. man those 11 years have flown by.

with all the Mike Trout talk lost a bit is Raul Ibanez coming back to CBP for the 1st time. He was always a really good guy here and a solid player so hope he gets a nice reception.
    Holy fuckballs. Jugs, do us a favor shut this down and carry all the phillies business over to the fraud thread. Standing ovation for trout in his first at bat?!?

Holy fuckballs. Jugs, do us a favor shut this down and carry all the phillies business over to the fraud thread. Standing ovation for trout in his first at bat?!?

they'll be booing by the 6th.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14