PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    And Jimmy forgets how many outs there are.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

great job bullpen! image

again. this team should be 3 or 4 games over .500 at this point. i know I'm stating the obvious but this bullpen is fucking killing this team.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Man, that is great.

I was gonna say as long as we don't have any serious injuries this season, and this team can putter around .500 until, like, August, then there's a possible run for a wildcard spot. But, then AJ Burnett happened - I don't care what he or anyone says regarding his injury. A hernia is a hernia and I'm just waiting for the bottom to give out. Yep, just like the rest of the season.
    edited April 2014
    The starters going past the 5th or 6th would help the pen some, too many walks.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

Man, that is great.

I was gonna say as long as we don't have any serious injuries this season, and this team can putter around .500 until, like, August, then there's a possible run for a wildcard spot. But, then AJ Burnett happened - I don't care what he or anyone says regarding his injury. A hernia is a hernia and I'm just waiting for the bottom to give out. Yep, just like the rest of the season.
    Agreed....and I don't believe anything this team says regarding injuries.

Lots of Goose Island beers at the park this year. I don't care that they are owned by Annheuser-Busch now--they still make great beer. That was a welcome surprise.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    And happy 50th to the greatest convenience store in all the land today!
    chinese-happy.jpg

Man, that is great.

Lots of Goose Island beers at the park this year. I don't care that they are owned by Annheuser-Busch now--they still make great beer. That was a welcome surprise.
    Yeah, Good Island's a decent beer. I just think there's too much of it - promote the locals I say. AB's got too much money in MLB though to let that play, though.

I think I read that the drafts are gonna be seasonal - which kinda irkes me cause I don't know if Summer Love is coming back to the taps or not.

And speaking of geese - yeah, the Wawa at 9th and Walnut was a madhouse. At what point - while watching a bunch of idiots stand in line for coffee - do you decide, "Yep, I've made my decision. I'm gonna wait for free coffee as well in this vast mob of mouth breathers"? People are nuts. And dumb - as evident by one of our most dearest regular commenters here.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Man, that is great.

Yeah, Good Island's a decent beer. I just think there's too much of it - promote the locals I say. AB's got too much money in MLB though to let that play, though.

I think I read that the drafts are gonna be seasonal - which kinda irkes me cause I don't know if Summer Love is coming back to the taps or not.

And speaking of geese - yeah, the Wawa at 9th and Walnut was a madhouse. At what point - while watching a bunch of idiots stand in line for coffee - do you decide, "Yep, I've made my decision. I'm gonna wait for free coffee as well in this vast mob of mouth breathers"? People are nuts. And dumb - as evident by one of our most dearest regular commenters here.

Not the biggest Goose Island fan. I don't really give a shit about the whole AB/Inbev thing though. Only decent beer they serve in Yankee Stadium though. IPA is okay. I really like that the Phillies have a lot of local beer.

Summer Love has to be out this weekend, right? Has anyone seen it yet?

Man, that is great.

Not the biggest Goose Island fan. I don't really give a shit about the whole AB/Inbev thing though. Only decent beer they serve in Yankee Stadium though. IPA is okay. I really like that the Phillies have a lot of local beer.

They had it in bottles at The Bank, but nothin on tap. I was reading this blog (which is fucking awe.some.), or some other site linking to it, saying that their drafts (where Summer Love was) will be rotational. So, yeah, that'll suck if I can't get the giant beer of it and only the 12 ounce bottle.

I'm on a mission to eat my around the ballpark - did Federal Donuts last Sunday. They stepped it up from last year. Last year they gave you two weak ass pieces of chicken, but this year they give you a quarter (3 nice-sized pieces). Note for the future as well - don't get the thai chili glaze, and go with a dry rub. Too messy, and there's no way of keeping any ounce of dignity while eating it.

Man, that is great.

They had it in bottles at The Bank, but nothin on tap. I was reading this blog (which is fucking awe.some.) http://chocolatecoveredmemories.com/cbp-brew-locator/, or some other site linking to it, saying that their drafts (where Summer Love was) will be rotational. So, yeah, that'll suck if I can't get the giant beer of it and only the 12 ounce bottle.

I'm on a mission to eat my around the ballpark - did Federal Donuts last Sunday. They stepped it up from last year. Last year they gave you two weak ass pieces of chicken, but this year they give you a quarter (3 nice-sized pieces). Note for the future as well - don't get the thai chili glaze, and go with a dry rub. Too messy, and there's no way of keeping any ounce of dignity while eating it.

Man, that is great.

They had it in bottles at The Bank, but nothin on tap. I was reading this blog (which is fucking awe.some.), or some other site linking to it, saying that their drafts (where Summer Love was) will be rotational. So, yeah, that'll suck if I can't get the giant beer of it and only the 12 ounce bottle.

Word. I am planning on getting down there a bit this year on Sunday's. Grab some standing room or shitty tickets. Play an early 9 holes at FDR, tailgate for an hour or two and head in and watch some baseball and grab some beers and grub.
    Why's the game on 17?

Why's the game on 17?

Well Sixers are on CSN and MLS is on Ch. 8
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Lee doin work. And of course we can't hit.

Lee doin work. And of course we can't hit.

yeah seems like that is always the case
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited April 2014
    Friggin team scores 5 runs in the 8th inning of one game, starting pitchers gives up 1 earned run in 16 inning of the other two games.....and they lose 2 out of 3. Makes perfect sense. Fuckin' baseball...

Friggin team scores 5 runs in the 8th inning of one game, starting pitchers gives up 1 earned run in 16 inning of the other two games.....and they lose 2 out of 3. Makes perfect sense. Fuckin' baseball...

Forgot they had a day game today. :))

Kinda odd they won 1-0 after losing 1-0 the night before, but I'll take it

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Hopkins!
    R6 crushing the ball today. Happy Easter.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

R6 crushing the ball today. Happy Easter.

Somewhere, though he's not logged in, The Fixer is reading this and there's steam coming out of his ears.

Wow it's his first four-hit game in three years. $25 million a year for that?? Keep hero-worshiping him, Juggler. But I told ya so.

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Anybody ever have any experience with Zipcar?
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Hamels back this week. Let's hope he's healthy and can be the Cole of old.
    Go Birds!!!!
    choooooooooooooooooch
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Cole returns tomorrow night.

If it wasn't for the first game of the season Cliff Lee might be the best pitcher in baseball right now.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited April 2014

Cole returns tomorrow night.

If it wasn't for the first game of the season Cliff Lee might be the best pitcher in baseball right now.

cole and grienke....should be fun.

yeah i know, this team probably isn't winning anything this year, but you gotta be pretty pleased thus far. hopefully they take this series against a good dodger team....then you got the dbags and mets on tap.

offense hitting lefties better than they have in years too. early, but good sign. i like what sandberg's been doing with different lineups each night. chooch made him look like a genius on monday.

go phils.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Is Nix better than anything we have in our system?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    JK_Livin said:

Is Nix better than anything we have in our system?

haven't seen much of the last 2 series but seems like the veteran guys are playing pretty well. the young guys....eh not so much. good thing we didn't go for that full youth movement everyone wanted last year. where are those guys that want Galvis to play 140 games a year at shortstop? great fielder but a shame he can't hit a lick. he needs to get out of the long power swing he has. still think Asche will be ok but he has been pretty bad so far this year other than opening day.

good to see Cole back. starting pitching with this 5 now is pretty good. shame bullpen blew a few games. this team should be 3 or 4 games over .500 at this point.

Greinke is the highest paid player in baseball this year. wow.